Is calling someone a coward a ban worthy offense

Author: Outplayz

Total: 229
Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
...banning is a punishment...
When did I ever say it wasn't?

I've been talking about BLOCKING this entire time. 

Banning and blocking are completely different things. 

Hence the purpose of the blocking demonstration.

I really don't care if you block me.
And therein my point is proven. You don't actually view blocking as a punishment (since you don't care), which makes the claim by outhouse guy a fallacy which you yourself obviously disagree with. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
When you say 'with Rat' it could be referring to me although I don't rat on those I'm tight with, I snitch on enemies and that's a very important distinction to make. 'Raltar' isn't called 'Rat' either.
Raltar
Raltar
-->
@Castin
You're still able to join any forum debate or discussion that person is in, and even address them directly, albeit without @ing them.

I've been blocked for saying things someone didn't like, but I did not feel it was cruel and unusual punishment and I did not feel that it constituted a restraint on my freedom.
Pretty much what I've been saying all along. 

+1
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
I was just shorting his name up, i think it fits :) Not referring to you in any way. But i do think you block some people a little too fast. But that's none of my business. You are free to do whatever you want... it's just not my style. I'm sure you have good reasons that are deeper than the surface level i'm thinking of it. Your one other member that can think deeper than the first layer.. so, i don't disagree with what you do. 

I'm curious what you think about the conversation bc i'm pretty sure you can imagine what would happen if we allow blocking members to kicking them from the comments of a debate or to vote. Do you think that has a potential for abuse? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
I would, as head mod, run a fantastic website and community where everyone is in combined terror and admiration towards me.

I will not reveal all my secrets because it's all so situational and complex an algorithm but it all comes down to the daddy in the house when we discuss discipline. I will rule my children with a ruthless elegance that they will come to understand is necessary to operate by in life if you want respect and have zero issues being the consistently bad cop in the raising of my children nor with this website. The reason I prefer to play 'bad cop' is not actually sadism, it is because the skill of the bad cop determines how hard the good cop has to work whereas the skill of the good cop cannot ease the job of the bad cop but only make it worse if they're terrible. 

I know exactly how to pull strings, how to handle disputes and how to make enemies hug and bow before me before they raise a single bad word to one another again. I know how to moderate sites to extremely proficient degrees and have proven it in the past in a couple of communities I got involved in online. I was actually so good at it, it irritated the head mod/admin in one place so they got me kicked out as people were asking to replace them with me and I was encouraging them to do so. That taught me a lesson in life, of course. In the second instance, it was me who got fed up of the community and how double-standard the other mods were being that I quit within a month of modding it. That also taught me a lot. I learned from my errors and realise now that working with other mods and understanding the ego-structure of the admin is so essential to lasting and moderating well long-term. I have not yet had the chance to prove this.

Blocking by random users wouldn't be an issue AT ALL under my regime. I would make everyone happy and feeling cared for.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Blocking by random users wouldn't be an issue AT ALL under my regime. I would make everyone happy and feeling cared for.
Well i simply disagree bc i'm 100% it will be abused. But that is under the current mods, i have no idea how you would make it work but if you have a logical way i would be all ears. As long as it's just for everyone, i'm always on board.

In regards to modding. I had a short run with Secular on the religion forum in DDO. I felt Secular and I would have done an excellent job bc we were both pretty good at analyzing each situation to see what's best to do. I wish that could have gone on a little longer bc i feel we had a lot of potential. The problem there was Max since he fell off the map pretty fast into our modship. I was asked to do it here on the religion forum, but not in an official capacity. I won't bother if it's not in an official capacity bc then it just feels like i'm ratting people out.  

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
You are correct. Commenting on someone's debate and voting on their debate should not be stopped via the block feature. That is what I am saying. What I am also saying is that the flaws in bsh1's regime are making flame-wars equal-blame in how he deals with them and this makes the victim constantly feel unprotected or cared for fully.

I would not have this flaw in my regime, there would be no begging for more blocking. If you chase a user via the comments section who is asking you to leave them alone, you will be disciplined bit by bit carrot and stick until you either obey or are beyond reason and I handle you the way only a mod can.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
What do you think about if they made it public why people were banned? I was thinking that's how it works in real life for a reason. When you are convicted of a crime... it gets posted for everyone to read. It's precisely so people know exactly whats wrong and will get them in trouble. I think it would fix the conspiracy theory problem we currently have when someone gets banned. People wouldn't have to speculate if we knew what people are getting in trouble for to get banned. Maybe it doesn't have to be super specific or give up any personal info... but can be a short description of the punishment and what they did that constituted their offense.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Not really, no. There's three types of banned user:

1) The type who wants to go down as a notorious legend.
2) The type who hates that they are banned and doesn't think they should be made an example of let alone banned in the first place.
3) The type who thoroughly regrets the actions that led to the ban and wants no one to know.

I have been all three during my rehabilitation period being banned on DDO. I know first-hand what this is like and the type who is number 1 or 2 is simply a disturbed individual IRL who has to deal with shit outside of the website and community and get some priorities straight before being reformable. The type 1's you can call the narcissistic sociopaths, they never ever should be put down in history, it will lessen their urge to reform and make them feel proud for what they should feel utterly disgusted by and ashamed for. The type 2's are on their way and the type 3's do not want you to make shit public.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
To be frank: Some people will overreact and block you, yes. But overreacting to them blocking you scarcely makes you much better.
Did you mean not overreacting to them blocking me makes me better? I'm not that good of a person lol. If someone disrespects me and runs.. i will have something to say about it. I don't like bullies, and bullies come in all shapes and sizes. I make sure they learn their lessons. 
Do you perceive people who block you as bullies? Or think that the act of blocking you is bullying you?

In regards to blocking i fully agree with you. I was referencing the "extra features" part of the discussion with Rat. If there was extra features to the block function where i can't even enter a thread, or i can't comment on a debate... that's extra and it would be a restraint on your freedom. To be fair, he only wanted it on the comments of debates.. but that's bc he uses those the most so for him it would be more convenient to block people from entering. I don't see why that eventually wouldn't apply to forums too. All in all, i think it's a very bad idea bc it will be abused. People block others for no reason at all other than not liking them. And, that is what i see the block function used for the most... if all these people couldn't enter specific debates in the comments bc one person thought to block them... it would be a mess. That was the reason i introduced ex ante and ex post reasoning. The ex ante reasoning on this would be... once everyone can do it, there could be a potential i wouldn't be able to enter any debate where i disagree with the person. Why wouldn't i block everyone i disagree with and make sure only people that will vote for me can get on? That will happen. 
Well I can certainly see where you're coming from there, but I haven't heard any staffer talking about implementing changes that drastic to the block feature, so I don't think there's currently cause for alarm.

That would be jail, not prison. 
Oh come on... let me feel like a bad-ass for just one second.    
😄 All right man. Send me the rap video once you make it.
Raltar
Raltar
Side note that probably nobody cares about;

I played an online game once that had a running tally of every person who was disciplined by moderators. The list included what the disciplinary action was, how many players were impacted, which mod was responsible and the reason why. 

Everyone hated the mods in that game with a passion, so make of it what you will. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Do you perceive people who block you as bullies? Or think that the act of blocking you is bullying you?
I imagine people that easily block people also go complaining behind their back trying to get them in trouble. I would say that's pretty toxic. Blocking a person mid conversation when you're debating ideas. Then to proceed and talk about the person putting words in said person's mouth without the person now being able to correct the person or back themselves up... yeah, i think that's bullying too. I don't think the act of blocking is bullying itself per se, it's mainly what comes after. But I guess it's sorta bullying since you do it in order to punish and make the other person feel like crap. Since there is that emotional or mental aspect to it that some people would suffer, then yeah... it's bullying. It's just a passive aggressive form of it. 

Well I can certainly see where you're coming from there, but I haven't heard any staffer talking about implementing changes that drastic to the block feature, so I don't think there's currently cause for alarm. 
Oh... i know. I don't think the mods are that bad lol. I'm sure they understand the implications of doing something like that. It would mess everything up big time. Plus, it would give them so much more work in people complaining and trying to get themselves somehow unblocked or able to comment/vote. I imagine a lot of fake accounts will be opened to bypass it too. It would be a disaster... that was my point. 

😄 All right man. Send me the rap video once you make it. 
I'm horrible at rap lyrics. Maybe i'll ask RM to help me out. I'll make the beats and he can do the rap ;p 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
I can do that, need to hear your accent a bit beforehand though. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
I am pretty sure you will rap like this:

I can help you with the hook and lyrics. I know your style, it's just not something I listen to too often.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
I can help you with the hook and lyrics. I know your style, it's just not something I listen to too often. 
I have a bunch of rap beats on my keyboard. It's a workstation keyboard, but i don't have any means to download it onto my computer at the moment. I have to get another music producing software. But i would be down to make a beat. I don't have an accent at all... if you mean ethnically... i sound like a typical white boy. But.. i don't think i have the voice to rap. I don't have that specific accent ;( wish i did. 

Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
In regards to modding. I had a short run with Secular on the religion forum in DDO. I felt Secular and I would have done an excellent job bc we were both pretty good at analyzing each situation to see what's best to do. I wish that could have gone on a little longer bc i feel we had a lot of potential.
Everyone please ignore this, he is lying. The truth is that while Sec and Outplayz were in power they made it against the rules to post on the forum while naked, which as you can imagine was deeply upsetting and problematic for everyone in the religion forum. All of us -- I can't stress that enough, literally every single person in the DDO religion forum even if they deny it to you now, they're just being modest -- posted with buns to the wind. Why? None of your fucking business I'll do what I want in my own goddamn house, that's why. The point is Sec and Outplayz took a shit on our whole culture and way of life and didn't even care, personal freedom means nothing to them. If made mod again Outplayz WILL make you wear clothes online, mark my words. Even though in debate, clothes are a CAGE for your SOUL.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Hahaha Classic. Brilliant, just brilliant. And i should say, touche. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
Oh look the BODY HATER speaks. He wants you to cover your flesh in SHAME while you define your philosophical premises and elucidate your arguments and theses, instead of nude as Socrates intended. Is The Thinker by the great Rodin wearing a stitch of clothing? No he is not WAKE UP.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
When antifa needed demonstrators, the sweet girl didn't go, and people cheered her level headedness.

When the far right patriots needed demonstrators, the sweet girl didn't go, and people cheered her tolerance.

When the feminazis, and bigots, and xenophobes needed demonstrators, the sweet girl didn't go, and people cheered her good sense.

When Martin Luther King needed needed demonstrators, the sweet girl didn't go.

Some people claimed to have been surprised.