Ozark Mafia Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Total: 364
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Welcome to Ozark Mafia! Usually I am more open about my mechanics, but for this game I will stay pretty tight lipped. There is a non-complex theme split and that's about the only information I will publicly reveal about this game. I won't answer questions about other setup things, like whether mafia were given fake claims, etc. I hope this game is balanced, I kind of threw it together over two nights so don't judge me too harshly if it falls flat.  My vote counts usually obtain random qoutes from whatever theme I am using, don't look into them, they aren't hints or anything, just fun theme spirit stuff. 

Living Players:

1. Mikal
2. iLikePie5
3. Supadudz
4. Badger
5. DD
6. Earth
7. ComputerNerd
8. Suigeneris
9. Mharman
10. Whiteflame
11. Greyparrot
12. Airmax122

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch. 

I am starting this game really early due to my graveyard schedule, so I will give day phase one a 6 hour extension making it a 78 hour long phase as opposed to a standard 72. I will be back on a normal shift starting next week and it will be much easier for me to keep track of vote counts and what not. 

Day Phase 1 ends on Monday, January 31st, at 9:30 AM CST. 

Good luck and have fun yall. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
badger town
Lunatic
Lunatic
Also I have not seen the recent s4 of this show, so this game was designed on knowledge of characters and events prior to the recent season. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Will be back from work at around 4 pm today. 
Mharman
Mharman
I do have a small amount of time before I have to leave for work though.

Mharman
Mharman
Haven’t played this game in a long time either 

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@badger
(Caveman voice) Me read. Me understand. 
Mharman
Mharman
12 players, so I’m guessing 3 mafiosos.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Hey guys. I know nothing of Ozark, but I’m looking forward to figuring out the theme. 
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I also know nothing about the show. Will probably have to read the wiki lol
Mharman
Mharman
For clarification: 

I’ve been told that when designing a game, the number of mislynches a town can make and still survive should be equal to the amount of scum. However many player numbers make this equation imperfect, since not all of them can provide a magic number like that. 12 is one of those numbers. 2 scum gives us 3 survivable mislynches and 3 scum gives us 2 survivable mislynches.

So I guessed 3 based on a 2v10 being really fricking hard for mafia even with strong mafia power roles. 3v9 is much more balanced.
Mharman
Mharman
I know nothing about the show as well.
badger
badger
I think we can all agree that Mharman is obviously town. 
Mharman
Mharman
I guess the next thing to determine is how open we should get with claims. Thoughts? Personally I have no idea.
Mharman
Mharman
Leaving for work now.

Earth
Earth
-->
@Mharman
I feel like being open with claims only worked well in waifu mafia because Mafia was unlucky.
Mikal
Mikal
Heyo disclaimer. Started a new job so typically at work from like 7-6 est for the next few weeks. That includes travel times. I can't type that much during the day but will catch up at night / check on break

Vtl earth
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Mikal
Vtl earth
Since you posted this only 5 minutes after Earth posted, I'm guessing that you were VTLing for activity. He's ahead of you.

However, in that same vein (and based on the relatively lackluster engagement in the last game), I'm going to follow your lead and try to encourage more posting.

VTL Sui

Be nice to see you a little more engaged this time around.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Checking in
Lunatic
Lunatic
"The Satisfying Sound Of Your Lover Smacking The Pavement Is The Only Thing That Gets Me To Sleep."

Earth - 1/7- Mikal
Sui_Generis- 1/7- Whiteflame
Vader
Vader
Mharman comes off as town in his posts. CMP o when I played with him in his drafter game, he was about this active when playing the game
Vader
Vader
21 I mean fmpov instead of CMP o
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Struggling to think of something worthwhile as a first post when there is no basis for reads on anyone.

Random thought, let's have all 12 players specify whether they are male or female. Never watched it before but a quick google search shows that this is probably not the type of show that will have any grey area characters like inanimate objects. Town will be doing nothing to reveal their roles, mafia will be forced into limiting potential future fake claims, and the process of working through one person at a time and making them do this will potentially generate behavior.

I'll go first. My character is female.

Since earth have a vote already I'll flip a coin to decide which to pile on to for the next claim... and it's earth.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Earth
Your character a dude or chick?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Since earth have a vote already I'll flip a coin to decide which to pile on to for the next claim... and it's earth.
Since two have a vote already*

I wrote this after the coin flip so freudian slip I guess... I really did flip a coin though lol.
badger
badger
I'm gonna go ahead and hard townread DD also.

My character is male. 
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@whiteflame
Not particularly tbh. Mainly just because of RVS and also because he's one of the "newer" players. He's not an og. I would push mharm but having played with him before, I think it would be similar to a supa complex where you could put pressure and the interactions are so awkward with how they play sometime, it probably would just lead me to scum reading him off the rip 

I think earth is a good rvs Target and likely a good spot to put initial pressure because he's likely the newest player to have a meaningful impact on the game . Tbh I kinda want to push a claim asap. Mainly because it locks him into it and he won't have time to react 

Dp1 typically just ends with a random guess on who to lynch or you put a lot of pressure off the bat and try to catch a slip. Someone has to be the target if initial pressure and I think we could gain a lot from him just because of the aforementioned reasons. 
Mikal
Mikal
Also I like dds idea. Mine is female 
Mikal
Mikal
Will post more at lunch 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@badger
My game name is Charlotte Byrde! 

I am 3rd party survivor so I lose if either town or mafia kills me. Hi!