Ozark Mafia Day Phase 3

Author: Lunatic

Total: 327
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
This does mean that we have to take chance this DP on someone, however. That is where my research on Lunatic's past games comes into play.
You are welcome to do that, but I think Supa’s behavioral tells outweigh it significantly. It’s how I’ve caught scum in the past
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
So far I think SUpa is the player we lynch and take that chance on. But I want be more confident in such a choice before I make it.
Mikal
Debates: 0
Mikal
He's all over the place , lost track of his role , is jumping around , and Luna did not confirm a mistake 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Lol supa and pie are both town. this games almost over as soon as town mislynches.
Mharman
Mharman
List of games I will be using and where you can find them in the archives:

75) Dragonball Z Mafia
92) Wal-Mart Mafia
103) Kill Bill Mafia
111) Redwall Mafia
130) Christmas Mafia
196) Themeless Mafia
209) Bartimaeus Mafia
224) Game of Thrones Mafia
235) Clash of Clans Mafia
259) Overwatch Mafia
277) Stranger Things Mafia
296) Dark Crystal Mafia
314) Stormlight Archives
335) Inverse Reality Mafia
343) Stephen King Universe Mafia

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
Then who do you think scum is and why?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
If Pie is town he needs to seriously quit mafia and rethink how he goes about the game

I'm done arguing with him because it's pointless to argue with scum
ComputerNerd
Debates: 15
ComputerNerd
It doesn’t look like DP has ended yet. So, to clarify, I will pick one of the 3 players from Mharman’s list using a dice randomly?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ComputerNerd
one of the 3 remaining after one of the 4 is lynched, yes.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ComputerNerd
This is to counter a lawyer/framer.
ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
-->
@Mharman
Understood
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Tempted to post the pm and risk getting mod killed

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
just kill scum ez gg
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Vader
dude chill. Anger does not help your case, it only harms it
Mharman
Mharman
results almost done
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Tempted to post the pm and risk getting mod killed
Keep it up scum
Mharman
Mharman
How likely is a Mafia JOAT?

A JOAT has appeared in 60% of games I analyzed, and 46% of all JOATs were mafia. However, we already have one JOAT confirmed in this game, and only 33% of games with a JOAT had multiple of them.

So not likely, which means mafia likely has a limited amount of roles at their disposal. From, what we've seen happen in this game, these are the possible mafia roles:

-Lawyer or Godfather
-Magistrate or Redirector
-Roleblocker

First things first, let's focus on the Lawyer and Godfather. The more likely either of these roles are in the game, the less likely CompuerNerd's "innocent" cop result on Supa is true. Then I'll talk about the possibility of a scum magistrate vs. the idea of a town magistrate and a scum redirector, as it is critical to any decision on Whiteflame. As for roleblocker, I think it's a lock for this game that mafia has one and used it on ComputerNerd NP1, so I won't dig in to that one.

How likely is a Godfather or a Lawyer?

At least one of these two appeared in 87% of games I analyzed. Across the 13 games with one or both of these, there were 9 Godfathers and 8 Lawyers/Framers. So yes, I basically guarantee mafia has some counter to ComputerNerd's cop. Therefore, an innocent cop doesn't mean as much, but a guilty one might if either it is Godfather and no Lawyer/Framer, or if the Lawyer/Framer is a Lawyer and not a Framer.

For those who don't know, a Lawyer makes a target appear innocent to investigations and a Framer makes a target appear guilty to investigations; Lunatic has a habit of giving players both roles in his games.

What is more likely, a mafia Magistrate/Politician/Votestealer or a mafia Redirector or Bus Driver?

Honestly, a mafia Redirector or Bus Driver is more likely than a Magistrate/Politician/Votestealer, but not very likely in itself. A mafia redirector or bus driver appeared in 33% of games I analyzed. As for Magistrate/Politician/Votestealer, we know it is in this game despite appearing in 13% of games I analyzed. Whiteflame has claimed responsibility for his role use on Badger last DP, and we know the effect wasn't just Badger because it is on Sui this DP. But this does not guarantee a Redirector or Bus Driver. And you know what is less common than a mafia Magistrate/Politician/Votestealer? A town Magistrate/Politician/Votestealer, which appeared in only 7% of games I analyzed. The only thing that makes this statistic questionable is the small sample size of games containing a Magistrate/Politician/Votestealer.

Either way, we may need to re-examine Whiteflame.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@Mikal
@ComputerNerd
Released my findings. Thoughts?
Mharman
Mharman
SIDE NOTE: an innocent cop still means something worth looking into. However, I don't know if the case of Supa can be solved this DP. Sure, there's a solid chance mafia is manipulating Cop results, but it's not a guarantee. I want more info out of ComputerNerd next DP.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ComputerNerd
thank you
Mharman
Mharman
Also, Supa can be panicking as town not wanting to be mislynched just as much as scum not wanting to be found out.
Mharman
Mharman
We have tomorrow and the day after until 6. No need to rush.
Mharman
Mharman
Anyways, I'm going to bed.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Released my findings. Thoughts?
I’d argue that results on Supa don’t matter. As you said it’s more likely than not there’s a Lawyer/GF in the game. Logically it makes sense that Supa gets lawyered. If it’s Sui, Supa, Mikal, it makes sense to Lawyer Supa since he’s most likely to be investigated. It’s WIFOM anyways.

I implore you to look at the objective reasons Supa is scum. There’s no WIFOM, no manipulation. Pure behavior based on history.
ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
-->
@Mharman
Impressed with the time you spent on the analysis. Your approach is smart. Randomness will prevent Mafia from protecting one of their own.
Mharman
Mharman
Correction: Magistrate and votestealer are NOT the same. Disregard “votestealer” in my research.

I swear every time I have a neat idea I keep nearly ruining it by getting some small thing mixed up.
Mharman
Mharman
You know, the first half of this DP went kinda fast. I want to reread it from an updated point of view.
Mharman
Mharman
After re-reading the DP. I can see reasons why either Whiteflame or Supa could be scum, maybe even both.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Official Vote Count

supadudz-2/5-  iLikePie5, mikal

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I still feel pretty solidly that we should be lynching Pie. My reasoning may be WIFOM, but the responses that Pie has been giving me about what he'd do as the optimal plays do nothing to alleviate my concerns. I've often found Pie hard to nail down when he's scum, and one of the reasons is that I usually can't predict his behavior based simply on what I'd expect him to do as scum. Yet, he's telling me what I should expect from him as scum. I just don't buy it.

In general, I can't make sense of Supa's behavior from a scum perspective. The behavioral tells that he points to can all be explained largely by the general lack of interaction that Supa has had in this game, and much as Supa has made some strange and even sloppy moves in the past as scum, I have too much trouble buying that he's doing this as scum.

That being said, if the consensus is that Supa is scum, then I'll vote with it. I've been wrong before and I might be now. I'll fully admit that my perspective comes partially from a gut feeling, and partially as a result of knowing that I targeted Pie during the NP. If you don't buy that I'm town, then my perspective doesn't mean a whole lot because you don't trust that I used my Magistrate on Pie.