How Do You Know The Bible Is True?

Author: Yassine

Total: 494
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Yassine
- What is to you the undeniable proof that the Bible is true? What does truth mean to you?
There's literal or factual truth, as in "Did this really happen?" or "Does X really exist?" I don't regard much of the Bible's narrative as literally or factually true, although plenty of kernels of historical truth do slip in. But even when they do, they're represented through a propagandist lens, so you have to be careful.

Then there's figurative truth -- things that ring true on some emotional or spiritual level and speak to something inside us. The Bible has plenty of this kind of truth. In fact, it would be fair to say I have seen figurative, emotional, and symbolic truth in nearly every religion I've looked at.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Miss Tradesecret,

REGARDING YOUR POST #49

JESUS SAID: “Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.” (Revelation 2: 22-23) 

1. The passage of Revelation 2:22-23 is attributed to Jesus!
2. The passage above is specifically stated by Jesus in murdering innocent children!
3. The passage above is therefore showing Jesus as a brutal killer of innocent children!
4. The passage above does NOT show Jesus as ever loving and forgiving, by the pure nature of what He said in murdering innocent children!
5. Parable or not, Jesus promotes the murders of innocent children!

YOUR QUOTE IN SHOWING THAT JESUS KILLS INNOCENT CHILDREN WHICH IS THE MAIN PREMISE OF MY POST #45:  “Jesus says he has given "that woman" time to repent but she refuses to do so. So he casts her on a bed of suffering. And he causes those who commit adultery with her to suffer until they repent. He indicates he will strike her children dead. And the purpose of this is to cause the churches to know that God knows all things and will provide justice. "

Thank you for agreeing with me in that our Jesus is a serial killer of innocent children in this situation in the verse in question, and your admittance thereof! Ask yourself a very simple question, in what did the innocent children do to make Jesus a killer of them?  Again, in this instance, is Jesus still ever loving and forgiving as prescribed within the scriptures?  Take your time in answering:

Therefore, the rest of your “War and Peace” subjective jabberwocky that you presented is in no need for me to address. You wasted 4 days for nothing in trying to respond to my post #45, and to try and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath!  LOL!

Since I have only so much time in addressing the Devil Speak of pseudo-christians like you, I will continue tomorrow in your continued Judeo-Christian Bible ignorance in front of the membership, and at your expense once again.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Yassine
@Tradesecret

Yassine,

YOUR BUYING MORE TIME QUOTE SO AS NOT TO BE QUR'AN SLAPPED SILLY BY ME!:  " I have yet to see any specification of the debate topic to be broached"

This is your 3rd runaway quote above, whereas what part of my post #44 herewith didn't you understand?!!!!:  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/7337-how-do-you-know-the-bible-is-true?page=2&post_number=44

You have been RUNNING AWAY from me for days upon days, where the only thing that you can do because of you not being prepared for your eventful blood bath upon your disgusting Islamic faith, and the devil speak of your Qur'an that I will show, is to continue to come up with yet more EXCUSES to run just like you did the last time you ran away from Islamic discussion!  How embarrassing can you get in front of the membership?! Priceless.

Using your direct words to me, conversely;  Debate or skate. Put up or shut up, understood?!   Tell us, when did you go to Miss Tradesecrets school"How to Run Away from Disturbing Facts relative to your Religion, and to at least "try" and Remain Intelligent Looking in the Aftermath,"  whereas you must be the star student in your shown runaway tactics! LOL!

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Yassine
Does a downloaded koran ummmmmm,   work ? 
I'd  like to know if  Bibles you download on your computer " work " exactly like your special old paper book ones. 

Hang on.
Actually 
I bet EVERY theists has a  " SPECIAL "  sentimental old bible that means alot to them. 

Into 

I bet NO theist has a   " special " sentimental  old downloaded bible that means so so much to them .
WHY ? 

This is strange. 

It points to.  ( BEING A LITTLE  BIT  SILLY ) 

Tell me you Don't have a TOTALLY  AWSOME old koran that you think is just ace. 

You do hey?

I bet every theist on site has a special one off TOTALLY NARLY Bible that trumps all hey ?

I'm on to it. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I could almost make a . TELL US ABOUT THAT REALLY AWSOME BIBLE YOU OWN. 

Hell. 
I'd say over half of the Atheists that have a bible , have a REAL REAL SUPER SPECIAL one. 

O no. 
It Has to be over half the atheists. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
They would have to be one of the most common things past on but hey?

I myself have my grandmothers bible .
Its old.  
It looks cool. 
It may very well be like the best bible ever.

No it is. 

O no. 
 mmmm  ( Sentimental ) 

I can not believe i think this. 
Soooooo , for the next  two and  a half months,  i am going to try and make things ( sentimental ) 
Tality
Is it sentimentality.?  It is. 

I will start by taking a picture of this post and place it in a folder labeled.  IMPORTANT AND MEANINGFUL. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
Do you have a bible that you think is like the most important book thing  ever?

I thought so. 
Mental.  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
A sentimental NEO GEO perhaps. ?     ( The issue with the topless afican women ) 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Im getting sentimental and means alot to me mixed up now.

Good game.
Good game.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
We are all so very very lucky that ALLLLLLLLLLLLL MAJOR GODS do these books for us,  before like leaving. 

So.  We know.

Gods come out .
And They get a bunch of guys to write stuff down for em , then they " Seem "to , go away. 

Its a Axiom.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Yassine
All or majority of holy texts that came before any islamic / Muslim texts are totally false and fake. 
Can we agree with this ?

Actually. 
Did any non islamic holy texts of any sorts come out " before " islamic holy texts? 

You will answer . 
YES.

Thus means.  The Muslim god thence  put forth  exactly the same format style types of writings that lying and totaly made up others did before him / it.

Yes  ?
No ?

Answer being .
Yes.?

In conclusion. That is so horrible. 
How did the fake ones before think god would put a book like th8ng together?  
It reaks of silliness.

What i am trying to say is. 
If you aint the first, be it religion . Into religious group. 
But are EXACTLY like the ones before .  Ya silly.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Sooooo. To curve this fact. 
The koran .and the others . Adopted jesus.  To make itbsound a fraction more plausible 

Like you guys saying jesus is real BUTTTTT   he is  a prophet.  
Thus adopting the other bibles before. 

Same as Christianity 
Making jesus a jew was a brilliant mega thought out move 

It is horrible if you are in  religion that come about after jewdaisim. 

Its silly.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Do I have a Bible.

Yep when debating, I have the dictionary.

So I know what an axiom is.

And I also know that Giraffes cannot find suitable swim suits.

This is not an axiom.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
Correct.

I would of also excepted. 
Giraffes  do not have suitable trunks. 
well played.  

Good day. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Is The OT bible true ? 

Is the OT truer hen the NT ?  

What could be the most truthful  ( version ) of the bible

I bet all the theists would  go as so far to say 
The most truthful version of the bible is the KJV.
They know.

Imagine actually knowing what version is most truthful 

Why It is a " theist axiom " 
Ha.
A Theist axiom.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Theistical axioms.  
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
It cannot be proved that a GOD exists.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The sun currently  is and has been worshipped , praised and or thought of as a God by many a groups and individuals  for a long long long time. 
Correct? 

I can prove the sun is real.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
This would be much more evident if the sun did a book butttttttttt. 
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Miss Tradesecret,

REGARDING YOUR POST #49

In once again addressing your apologetic Satanic spin doctoring of the scriptures, especially in you being a hell bound woman to begin with which will be another topic,  I therefore will show the membership in just how Bible inept you truly are, and at your expense once again. 

JESUS SAID:  "And these enemies of mine who were unwilling for me to rule over them, bring them here and slay them in front of me. After Jesus had said this, He went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.….” ( Luke 19:26-28) 

1. The passage of Luke 19:26-28 is attributed to Jesus!
2. The passage above is stated by Jesus showing His killing nature!
3. The passage above is therefore showing Jesus as a serial killer!
4. The passage above does NOT show Jesus as ever loving and forgiving, by the pure nature of what He said, period!
5. Parable or not, Jesus promotes the murders of others, period!

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS QUOTE ONCE AGAIN: “Context. Firstly, ask yourself the correct questions - who wrote it - who was he writing to - what was the purpose of the writing. What kind of language is this?”

Jesus and I will address your questions that in your embarrassment, you could NOT answer yourself! LOL!

A.  Who wrote it:  Jesus did as our serial killer Yahweh God incarnate: “And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

B.  Who was He writing too:  To His disciples and His Jewish following since Jesus returned ONLY for the Jews.

C.  What was the purpose of the writing:  It relates to the punishment of those who would not have Jesus reign over them subsequent to His Second Coming, even though it was supposed to happen within Jesus' time period (Mark 13:30-31), but didn’t, and where we are still waiting 2000 plus years later, where therefore Jesus LIED in the Mark passage.

D. What kind of language is this:  Hebrew or Aramaic, which really doesn’t matter in the first place because what Jesus said, is what He said in mentioning the murders of others that do not want Him to rule over them, get it?

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE MAKING JESUS A SERIAL KILLER IN THAT YOU AGREE WITH ME:  "…. then perhaps you might start to understand the context and what Jesus is specifically saying.”

The context and what Jesus is saying to His disciples, and Jewish followers ONLY, that anyone that does not want Him to rule over them upon His assumed Second Coming, is to bring them hither and slay them in front of Jesus!  Get it? Huh?  Or does 2+2 for you equal 3?

Now, let me easily school you once again,  the above proposition is regarding when Jesus finally does come back to earth in His late Second Coming, but it will be in a very drastic murderous bloody mess when He does as horrifically shown below: 

Miss Tradesecret, YOU and other Bible stupid pseudo-christians will even know what Jesus will look like when He returns! Jesus will have a "golden girdle," tsk, tsk, white hair, eyes of fire, feet of brass, and a sword sticking out of his mouth.  That’ll really put the fear of the Lord into those sinners that didn’t want Jesus to rule over them, where Jesus cleaves them in two for not believing in Him! Praise!

WAIT, Jesus is gonna put those Hollywood monster-movie producers to shame with His ghoulish creations when he returns with a bunch of horse-like locusts with human heads, women’s hair, lion’s teeth, and scorpion’s tails! They’re gonna be stinging unbelievers straight for a whole 5 months, OUCH! (Revelation 9:7-10)

Then our loving and forgiving Jesus will send four blessed angels with an army of 200 million to murder a third of the earth’s population. Way to go loving and forgiving Jesus! (Revelation 9:15-19). STOP, Jesus is not done yet, where in His Second Coming, He will have people killed by fire, plagues, and beasts. There will be dead bodies rotting and unburied everywhere. Those that are not brutally murdered by Jesus will “rejoice over them (non christians) and make merry, and shall send gifts to one another.” (Revelation 11:5-10).

Jesus has a serious and brutal serial killing nature that I have had to accept at the onset of me being a TRUE Christian, and whereas for you too! 

Miss Tradesecret, can an ever loving and forgiving Jesus, as proposed within the scriptures ad infinitum, allowed to say such graphic murdering words and in showing horrifically what will happen to His Jewish creation upon His return, and still be loving and forgiving?   
Your answer is, don't be scared: _________________________________________________________

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
True.

But you and I both know that the Sun is a Star.

And not some floaty about bloke with a light switch.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Miss Tradesecret, 

REGARDING YOUR POST #49 

"Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?  For God commanded, saying, 'Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."  (Matthew 15: 1-4)

YOUR DECEIVING QUOTE AS USUAL TO JESUS’ ACTUAL DIRECT WORDS AS SPOKEN: “V 1 tells us the pharisees had come to Jesus enquiring about Jesus' disciples - why don't they wash their hands according to our religious rules? And Jesus response - why do you break the rules of God.”

WHOOPSIE AGAIN! In your insidious quote above you forgot to add the rest of what Jesus said which is  “….. For God commanded, saying, 'Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."   WOW, as if we didn’t see you HIDING from the biblical truth again by not including ALL of what Jesus truly said!  You are disgraceful once again!

Therefore, the tradition that Jesus was talking about, and that was commanded by Jesus in the Old and New Testament, was when the following inspired passages were written by Him (1 Thessalonians 2:13) relating to the verse in question, which were the following:

: For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.” (Leviticus 20:9)

“Whoever curses his father or his mother shall be put to death.” (Exodus 21:17)

New Testament passages that were current in the time of Jesus relative to Matthew 15:1-4 are as follows:

For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.” (Mark 7:10)

For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.” (Matthew 15:4)

YOUR BLATHERING MUMBO JUMBO DISCOURSE: “The first thing to note is - there are rules of tradition or rules of the church - and then there are rules of God.  Rules of man v rules of God. The so called religious leaders - had been judging the disciples for breaking man's rules while they had been breaking the rules of God.  Jesus points this out to them - reminding them how hypocritical this judgmentalism is.   He was calling attention to them - stop with the nonsense - and start listening to God.   This is what v. 8-9  is about - as Jesus recalls an OT passage. The Pharisees - were very religious on the outside - according to the rules of man - but were evil on the inside - by ignoring the rules of God ..............  jabber, jabber, jabber, yada, yada, yada, zzzzzzzzzzzz  ...............   

You are correct! Therefore, you are NOT to ignore the rules of Jesus as God incarnate, therefore you are to  murder any offspring if they curse their parents as commanded by Jesus in the above passages and the following passage: “For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.” (Matthew 15:4). See, that wasn't that hard for you to understand? Or, was it? LOL!

Miss Tradesecret, your problem has always been that you think the membership is as dumbfounded of the Bible as you are, therefore you can push your “Devil Speak attorney prattle” to others that are as inept to the Bible as you are, and therefore they swallow your lies!  But, as continually shown, I do not accept your outright lying tongue to Jesus' TRUE words as spoken, understood dear?

Miss Tradesecret, as usual, you are once again guilty of the following inspired by Jesus passage:  “For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.” (2 Timothy 4:3)

NEXT TOTALLY BIBLE IGNORANT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN THAT IS EQUAL TO MISS TRADESECRET WILL BE …?

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I'm ya huckleberry 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
@BrotherD.Thomas
JESUS SAID:  "And these enemies of mine who were unwilling for me to rule over them, bring them here and slay them in front of me. After Jesus had said this, He went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.….” ( Luke 19:26-28) 

1. The passage of Luke 19:26-28 is attributed to Jesus!
2. The passage above is stated by Jesus showing His killing nature!
3. The passage above is therefore showing Jesus as a serial killer!
4. The passage above does NOT show Jesus as ever loving and forgiving, by the pure nature of what He said, period!
5. Parable or not, Jesus promotes the murders of others, period!

Exactly Brother. If  Christian's  such as the Reverend "tradey" Munchausen weren't so backward as to have adopted an ancient megalomaniac jealous god of war that will kill and maim at the drop of an hat, that they had absolutely no understanding of, from a time they had absolutely no understanding of, and from a culture they have absolutely no understanding of  and renamed him Jesus, they wouldn't have the dilemma of having to excuse the vile and abhorrent nature of  the man Jesus that they also call  "the one true god that existed from the beginning".

eventuality001
eventuality001
-->
@SamStevens

Everyone believes that the Bible has  some factual data  and even a portion of  some truth.

I do understand why that many people do not believe that the God of the Bible eXists, they simply see no evidence that proves anything to them that he exists.

Some people who believe have  a blind faith  and follow some manner of the Bible  regulations in some way or another,  others  believe that they feel the presence of God literally in their mind and body and see signs and evidences that the God exists.

Many have dreams, visons, prophecy and  believe that miracles they see is evidence that this God is truly there.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@eventuality001
Pearls before swine.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@Tradesecret

Stephen,

YOUR ONCE AGAIN REVEALING QUOTE ABOUT THE TOTALLY MISGUIDED MISS TRADESECRET:  "Exactly Brother. If  Christian's  such as the Reverend "tradey" Munchausen weren't so backward as to have adopted an ancient megalomaniac jealous god of war that will kill and maim at the drop of an hat, that they had absolutely no understanding of, from a time they had absolutely no understanding of, and from a culture they have absolutely no understanding of  and renamed him Jesus, they wouldn't have the dilemma of having to excuse the vile and abhorrent nature of  the man Jesus that they also call  "the one true god that existed from the beginning".

As we have unfortunately seen ad infinitum within this forum with Miss Tradesecret, she is a Burger King Christian, where she wants her JUDEO-Christian Bible her way, and not Jesus' way, whereas she will pay upon Judgment Day!

As we are both aware, in Tradesecret being a biblical second class woman, she is not even supposed to be within this forum in the first place, especially in telling the superior men like us in what she thinks the Bible says, which as shown over and over again, is always incorrect where we have to correct her biblical ignorance to no end!  

Since Tradesecret is a sister of Eve, this is what Jesus' inspired words think of her:  “ Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (Timothy 2:11-12).  With this passage alone, Tradesecret is going against Jesus' doctrine against women in not learning her place in Christianity as being inferior to man!

Another incident where Jesus' inspired words state with specificity that women are not worthy of life, and where there will be NO WOMEN in heaven“Simon Peter said to them: Let Mariham go out from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Look, I will lead her that I may make her male, in order that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who makes herself male will enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Thomas 114).

Gee, I wonder why the book of Thomas was not included in the JUDEO-Christian Bible? LOL!

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Do Burger King Christians get free Burger King? If so, how do I sign up?
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@SirAnonymous

SirAnonymous,,

YOUR JOKE RELATING TO THE INFERIOR 2ND CLASS WOMAN MISS TRADESECRET IN MY POST #87: "Do Burger King Christians get free Burger King? If so, how do I sign up?"

Listen, as readily seen in this thread alone, poor Miss Tradesecret is going through some more tough times again because what she thinks she knows about the Judeo-Christian Bible, she simply doesn't!  Therefore, try not to relive damaging topics that are again relating to her, and let her wounds heal first subsequent to her stepping in the proverbial poo again as explicitly shown in my posts to her.  Okay?  Thanks.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Yassine
@Stephen

Stephen,

As I have seen BEFORE with the Muslim "YASSINE," he has ran away from discussion with me AGAIN in this forum relative to his disgusting faith of Islam and what it represents to beating women, murdering Christians and Jews, beheading them and cutting the tips of their fingers off, and other atrocities!  As if their writer of the Qur'an named Muhammed in being an outright PEDOPHILE in marrying a 6 YEAR OLD CHILD named Aisha wasn't enough!

Here is an image of what I think was Yassine still running away from me, where obviously he was running so fast to get away from trying to defend his abhorred Muslim faith, his turban had fallen off!   https://ibb.co/qdFQmr0

If you see this RUNAWAY Yassine from his Muslim faith, tell him I am still waiting for him within this thread for me to Qur'an Slap him Silly!