Profile pic if you want to support Ukraine during this time in a minimalistic on-site manner.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 34
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman

I touched up the contrast to make it appear clearer in the format/size this website has it. Use it wherever as your image. I would like to make clear that I am not the uploader of that article and original image, in case some people are feeling doxxy.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Don't need everyone using the same pic on this site (I sometimes confuse people just for having similar colored avatars when on my phone) but I will use this one you linked at some other places.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
There's also a Mark Rothko with exactly the right colors although it is upside down.  I doubt any would notice except collectors.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
I don't support Ukraine or Russia.  They are both foreign countries and we need to put America first.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
Why join a debate website if the only thing you care about is your immediate issues and what's for lunch?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@RM

I care about issues that effect America; not foreign countries because I'm American.  It's not like people from Chile care about what's happening on the Ivory Coast.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
"A scause for applause" - South Park.

You are not supporting Ukraine with these profile pics; you're just trying to siphon some of the publicity concerning the events in Ukraine, and draw attention to yourself.

You want to help the people of Ukraine? Pick up a rifle and head to the front lines; offer Ukrainian refugees a place to stay; fly to the homes of the international bankers who sponsor global conflicts and pepper each of them up with bullets. Editing profile pictures among a group of people who likely already know where you stand on the issue is nothing more than attention mongering.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
you're just trying to siphon some of the publicity concerning the events in Ukraine, and draw attention to yourself.

No, we're not. LOL!

That is literally impossible on this website, nobody gives a shit about some random debate art user, instead if Ukranians turn up to this website they will see it and smile as opposed to wince at the cringey shitposting of some other members in favour of a tyrannical Russia.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
As for the broader picture, things like this spread awareness and make clear who stands where. It's important to know if you're friends with somebody who is pro-imperialist-tyranny or not, I feel. I am certainly against it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
I care about issues that effect America; not foreign countries because I'm American.  It's not like people from Chile care about what's happening on the Ivory Coast.
Yeah, that's an attitude that most people who hate debating or worrying about big topics happening in the world take. Your mentality is no different to somebody who doesn't give a shit that four doors down the street, somebody was brutally murdered or abused or something. 'It's not my house, let me put this on Netflix and not worry' is okay for your emotional wellbeing, it's just not the attitude that a debate enthusiast would generally take, in my opinion.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
You want to help the people of Ukraine? Pick up a rifle and head to the front lines; offer Ukrainian refugees a place to stay; fly to the homes of the international bankers who sponsor global conflicts and pepper each of them up with bullets.
You don't always have to murder people to do good, there is already warfare happening on an economic level to the bankers and billionaires/millionaires that you are alluding to and it is not lethal; just financially paralysing.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@RM

Your mentality is no different to somebody who doesn't give a shit that four doors down the street, somebody was brutally murdered or abused or something.
That is something that could impact me because that abuser could come here.  But a private police force can deal with murderers in a more effective way than the government.

But trying to get involved in the Ukrainian war could result in more people dying.  That's what happened when the US got involved with Iraq.

America should leave other countries alone unless they are in NATO.  I don't want nuclear war to happen because foreigners wanted America to save them.

I have the same mentality about Russia invading Ukraine as I would about Morocco invading Western Sahara.  It's not America, so why should I care?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
Well UK and Germany (this time allies) have led the way with regards to the warfare on Russia and it isn't risking lives of their own so far. It's very economic and linked to paralysing Putin's rich allies/stooges abroad as well as paralysing the entire banking system of Russia that has branches anywhere and estate, assets or anything really.

They, and others, are both doing that and of course financially and technologically (as well as with ammunitions and other things though Germany held back on that due to the agreement they made to stay militaristically passive other than defending their own nation after WWII). If US would actively engage in the economic warfare and push harder for sanctions it would immensely help the battle but people like yourself enable the apathy as well as people like Incel-Chud and GreyParrot who not just enable apathy but enable sadistic mockery of Ukraine's misery and scatching support for Russia, people like that are truly enabling and supporting US to pussy out of actively helping Ukraine much.

US has only taken the step to halt transactions in dollars by Russian banks, they can do way way more.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@RM

If US would actively engage in the economic warfare and push harder for sanctions it would immensely help the battle but people like yourself enable the apathy as well as people like Incel-Chud and GreyParrot who not just enable apathy but enable sadistic mockery of Ukraine's misery and scatching support for Russia, people like that are truly enabling and supporting US to pussy out of actively helping Ukraine much.

So you advocate sanctions instead of the US fighting Ukraine's battles?  Just trying to understand your idea.

If this is your idea, I don't know how we are able to sanction Russian goods that effect the rich in Russia without sanctioning the goods of poor Russians.  It seems unfair to punish the entire country for just the actions of Putin.

But I'm pro tariff, so I'm not against sanctioning Putin.

US has only taken the step to halt transactions in dollars by Russian banks, they can do way way more.
What more can the US do?
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
No, we're not. LOL!
Yes, you most certainly are.

That is literally impossible on this website, nobody gives a shit about some random debate art user,
Hold on to that thought...

instead if Ukranians turn up to this website they will see it and smile as opposed to wince at the cringey shitposting of some other members in favour of a tyrannical Russia.
"nobody gives a shit about some random debate art user...," right? If you're aware of this, why would you presume that a Ukranian who turns up to this website would smile at your virtue signaling?

As for the broader picture, things like this spread awareness and make clear who stands where. It's important to know if you're friends with somebody who is pro-imperialist-tyranny or not, I feel. I am certainly against it.
Nothing more than a means to draw attention to yourself. Awareness and clarity on where random debateart members stand does not help Ukraine.

You don't always have to murder people to do good,
Not at all what I stated.

there is already warfare happening on an economic level to the bankers and billionaires/millionaires that you are alluding to
No, there really isn't. As countries are pressured to mobilize in order to assist Ukraine (perhaps even U.N. Forces) these relief efforts will come at the expense of the taxpayers, whose funds will line the pockets, so to speak, of these international bankers. And that's the point: martial conflict is a cash-cow.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Your bitter resentment would be better directed towards Putin, however you are free to whine and scathe at the supporters of Ukraine if that floats your boat.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
hell yeah

I just dont understand how, in 2022, we are still mass invading other countries 
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
Your bitter resentment
Not resentful; just vexed.

would be better directed towards Putin
In all honesty, I'm not really concerned about Putin. He is but a small part of a larger apparatus.

however you are free to whine and scathe at the supporters of Ukraine if that floats your boat.
You are NOT supporting Ukraine with these profile pics. They're nothing more than memes which reflect the latest online outrage. Support Ukraine by getting off your ass and doing something. Even if you don't intend to fight in the front lines, you can donate your time. You can join groups that are helping the Ukrainian non-combatants evacuate. You can send money to fundraisers. You can volunteer and join relief efforts in providing food to the refugees. But, this appalling display here only tells me that the only thing you support is your online friends knowing how you feel.

And I get it, editing pixels allows you to feign support from a distance. And just so it's known, I'm not targeting just you. My response applies to every single member on this site who's donned the Ukrainian flag in some pseudo-display of so-called "support."

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
You are NOT supporting Ukraine with these profile pics. They're nothing more than memes which reflect the latest online outrage. Support Ukraine by getting off your ass and doing something. Even if you don't intend to fight in the front lines, you can donate your time. You can join groups that are helping the Ukrainian non-combatants evacuate. You can send money to fundraisers. You can volunteer and join relief efforts in providing food to the refugees. But, this appalling display here only tells me that the only thing you support is your online friends knowing how you feel.

And I get it, editing pixels allows you to feign support from a distance. And just so it's known, I'm not targeting just you. My response applies to every single member on this site who's donned the Ukrainian flag in some pseudo-display of so-called "support."
You neither know what I do in my spare time nor is your argument valid if I or others would not do more towards it than spread awareness peer pressure support and get a fucking conversation going.

Nobody in the entire world should not know of this event, this is a disgusting brutal invasion that could become world war three if it's handled wrong. Just keep typing your bullcrap and act like a big man doing so much while really all you did was to encourage the assassination of people who happen to be rich and who actually are advising Putin against the war (yes, rich Russians are responding to the paralysis of their assets accordingly and were never for the war to begin with, it's unclear where Putin got the idea and it is likely it was China who advised it).

All you are doing is whining and moaning 'oh yeah i'm so cool i have afro samurai as my image hehe I'm not a poser I'm doing so much for Ukraine' fuck off.
Athias
Athias
@RationalMadman:

You neither know what I do in my spare time
You're right, I don't know what you do on your spare time. But that doesn't matter. Because the primary focus of my criticism are these profile pics. If you've done any of what I suggested, then I have no problem conceding that you've "supported" Ukraine. And let your conscience dictate whether or not you submit a lie. But I've encountered a type in my experience using social media, and the ones who are concerned with propagating memes, or conscripting others in these "scauses for applause" are usually doing nothing more than that.

if I or others would not do more towards it than spread awareness
You are not spreading awareness.

peer pressure support
"Peer pressure" support? You mean you intend to enlist others in your attention mongering by using emotional blackmail?

and get a fucking conversation going.
What conversation? Everyone here virtually knows everyone else here. What conversation have you started, other than bottomless pits of exchanges you have with known provocateurs?

Nobody in the entire world should not know of this event
Your audience is the world?

Just keep typing your bullcrap and act like a big man doing so much while really all you did was to encourage the assassination of people who happen to be rich and who actually are advising Putin against the war (yes, rich Russians are responding to the paralysis of their assets accordingly and were never for the war to begin with, it's unclear where Putin got the idea and it is likely it was China who advised it).
Is that what I said? Assassinate random rich people? C'mon RationalMadman, I'm confident your reading comprehension is much better than that.

All you are doing is whining and moaning
Neither whining nor moaning.

oh yeah i'm so cool i have afro samurai as my image hehe
It's actually an image of Huey Freeman from the comic strip and subsequent animated series, "The Boondocks." The character was created two years before Afro Samurai. Though, you do have a good eye in that the concept artist is the same for both series.

I'm not a poser I'm doing so much for Ukraine' fuck off.
I'm not pretending to do anything for Ukraine. I have enough respect for this conflict's gravity and the plight of the innocent people caught in it to neither mock nor trivialize it with online memes.

Enjoy your night, sir.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
I am not mocking it or memeing it. Try your projection elsewhere.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
So you feel that you have the authority to speak on behalf of the people of Chile?
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
We stand alive as Ukrainian's  fall dead.

I agree with Lindsay Graham and Pelosi that we should not import Russias oil.

Of course, if I get cold enough I may accept oil from anyone.  Every human has there limits to pain, stress etc.

At this time, I dont see USAian's willing to sacrifice much in support of Ukrainians. 

As Lindsay one time briefly had some morals and stated ' enough is enough ' in regards to Trumpets immoral, indecent --if not terrorist-like--- activies of lies, deception and instigating a insurrection of USA on capital steps.

In the Bosian war, I felt we should aid those who wanted to voluntarily go fight.  Same goes here, any USA citizens who want to go and fight for Ukraine should some how be compensated by the USA peoples or Europe or whomever.

They my be what is called mercenarys or freedom fighters etc.  It is to fight true tyranny and not a false tyranny of mandating  approved masks and vaccines to fight infections disease.    
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't think people of Chile care about what's happening in other countries that much.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
I would suggest that most countries have a similar mix of people..

Some who always care about others, a normally indifferent centre, and then some who don't give a toss.

I would further suggest that when the unjustified Russian invasion began, the normally indifferent centre rallied in support of Ukraine.

Leaving the careless tossers with their ongoing verbal diarrhoea issues.

Sadly, verbal diarrhoea is a global pandemic.

I doubt that any Nation will ever be fully immune.

Incel-chud
Debates: 6
Incel-chud
-->
@oromagi
@Athias
@ebuc
@BearMan

Let's be honest, you guys won't do shit. Collectively this site won't even raise a measly $100
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@Incel-chud
Bet

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Incel-chud
Honestly, your line of approach is totally incorrect pathway for donations.  Sad :--(
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Incel-chud
Thanks for the tantrum, it makes it obvious what kind of mentality lies behind the Russia supporters.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Incel-chud
The biggest mystery is where you think the following:

1. That you know how much each person here has donated or not donated.
  2. That you think making these type of profile pics mainstream will not increase the willingness and likelihood of people to donate.