it is irrational to argue that there's no evidence for the afterlife

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 256
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Giraffe body experiences are intense to say the least.

20 foot necks are truly something.

I had one the other day when I temporarily died....(Experience not a 20 foot neck)

And when I returned from the afterlife I related to my NDE councillor an overwhelming feeling of my testicles dangling in outer space.

As true as I am sitting here....And it would clearly be irrational to suggest that I had been anything other than sober at the time.

Does that ever happen to you when you have extra-mammalian experiences.....EME's for short.

Must be common in the outback.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Kenneth Copeland whose net worth is $780 million and who leads the "Believer’s Voice of Victory," TV show and network, is a giant within the Word of Faith branch of Pentecostalism. Kenneth Copeland Ministries operates on a 1,500-acre campus near Fort Worth, TX, equipped with a church, a private airstrip, and a hangar for the ministry’s $17.5 million jet and other aircraft. Copeland resides with his wife Gloria in a $6 million church-owned lakefront mansion. Copeland, who is of partial Native American descent, converted to Christianity in the 1960s. His first dream was to be a recording artist. His "Pledge of Love” made No. 12 in the Top 40 in 1957. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@n8nrgim
AFTERLIFE = TRUE

now what ???
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Well done Ken.

Looking good for 85, albeit a tad surgically enhanced.

Let's hope that with all that dosh, you can secure immortality for yourself and the lovely Gloria.

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@n8nrgim
Do you know who doesn't make it to documentaries and headlines? The majority of people who had NDEs that didn't experience an afterlife type thing at all.

Those that do experience a whiteness/light because as blood drains from you and your eyes become less alert and brain as well, the default sight to see when your eyes are seeing something but not sure how to make it out is just a bright light. 

When you are losing blood, even during an operation like a tooth extraction that perhaps you aren't put under for but just given local anaesthetic to the mouth, you will notice that your body feels peaceful despite the entire experience because exhaustion and blood loss actually make you feel peaceful and calm. The reason tired people are more agitated and hostile is they are not being allowed to remain calm (if that makes sense).

When the body loses blood and brain even has damage to it and isn't acting much, it defaults to perceiving light and even to have flashbacks and memories. Unfortunately, as the brain isn't so alert and conscious, it will not be accurate to the memory and it will feel like a new dream/experience akin to lucid dreaming. This is why you never get a Muslim seeing the Christian god or Christian meeting Allah. You sometimes get people ironically meeting the devil in their NDE but these people have often felt like the devil has a huge hold on their life.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Most of us here on site lack the ability to have the ability to believe in God.
We need to be more realistic.
We need  to ready ourselves for the inevitable. 

In short. 
We the atheists are going to burn in hell .  This we know. And so we should for not picking a god and joining in. 
Sooooo
We need to talk about 
Things we can be buried with that will help live an eternity in hell 

A End of life comforting pack.

So together  
We need to think of items that will make forever in hell much much more accommodate ing
And almost livible.

It is going to be hot. 

Spf 5000. .
Zink cream. 
Two rolls of aluminum foil
One rape whistle and One dog whistle.   
Fire retardant jell  
Suitable foot wear. 
A small digital radio. 
Flares.   
A small first aid kit, 
As much " real " paper money as possible.  For potential bribes and what nots. 
A hat with a solar powered fan in the brim. 

The list goes on.  

We need to make hell cooler. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
We just need to acclimatise.

Take up walking on hot coals and fire eating, and move on from there.

Stephen
Stephen
@RM

Do you know who doesn't make it to documentaries and headlines? The majority of people who had NDEs that didn't experience an afterlife type thing at all.

SO?

The out of the body is an only illusion. I agree that it certainly appears very real but it isn't. And the clue in your own comment concerning NDE's is the word - NEAR.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
Are you that dense that you think I was disagreeing with you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
We need to talk about 
Things we can be buried with that will help live an eternity in hell 

I have every intention of avoiding hell, I am going to be cremated.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4

Luv it, Vic lad.😊
Stephen
Stephen
@RM

Are you that dense that you think I was disagreeing with you?

Are you that fkn dense to realise that I was only addressing and agreeing with your own comment. I said, the clue is in the word NEAR.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
You are going to be cremated you say. 

You got some balls doing that hey. 
I wouldn't chance it. 
I reckon it looks painful. Anddddd as we can only guess what haopens when we die , one might still feel everything. 
And. 
As we know you will be going to heaven stephen , this i dont doubt i do however think , traveling to heaven in ash form is such a hassle.  
Being in ash form state would suck. 

Your cremated body would look exactly like my grandads  cremated body. 

I want to be Walt Disneyied. When i die.   
Death is scary.
I don't want to be buried in the dirt.   I can't do tight spaces.     

I want THE BIGGEST AND MOST FANCY LOOKING GRAVE IN THE BEST POSSIBLE LOCATION OF MY THEN CHOICE..
This is what i really want . 

I would never bother my loved ones with these "What i want to happen with my body when i die "  this , this , and that nonsense.
But maybe i hope someone else makes others aware that deb wanted A REAL REAL FANCY,  TO TOUCH HIM FUNERAL. 

I do hear alot of atheists say rather blasay like.  
' OH WHEN I DIE JUST PUT MY ASHES IN COFFEE TIN OR SOMETHING AND DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH EM ' 

Then they be lke. 
' I don't want people making a fuss about things ' 
Then its. 
 ' i dont want no fancy funeral '  so on and so on. 

And well. 
I DONT LIKE IT. 

Atheists do this hey step. Hen ?

Youve Noticed hey. ?
It may be because theists really have no say in what they want to happen to their bodies upon death. 

Anyway.
I am going to run some tests on this so i will get back to you with my data.  

▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○••▪○••▪○°•

I like the greek funeral i think it is . 
Greeks get buried above the ground in like a cement block i think . And they always have like candles on their grave.  

I reason this to. 
Being buried ' Above ground '  wouldn't be so suffocating.   

Are you a ORGAN  DONOR  Stephan ?

Me NO FUCKING WAY. 

Again.  Having your lungs liver and hart removed after your death may be painful. 
Just because i am dead doesn't mean i won't be needing my vital organs and shit. 

And .
When one is traveling to heaven it is better to have all ya bits. 
Not in ash form .
Not in bits n pieces. 
WHOLE.  

Imagine donating your hart only to realize it was very painful and entering heaven is a little more difficult because of it

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
May i suggest.  
Prolonged windows up,  in the midday sun car sitting. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
With the actual current climate.  And the global warming factors. 
Hell is alot more hellish then they describe it in the bible. 
Its hotter then ever.   
Upon arriving in hell , your extremities instantly turn to leather. Within one min on arriving

So moisturizing creams. Oils and assorted lotions.
Lip balm, 

I will ask a girl and see what she  says.  I don't care about being the only dude in hell with makeup on. 

Maybe a facemask. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Condoms.

In Hell five minutes doesn't pass without you being viciously set upon and violently raped by all manner of monsters.  
Over and over and over again. 

Soooo,   Lubricants. 
Butt plug. 
Soap on a rope, chastity pants. 
Wet wipes .
Etc etc 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
As we know , theists are not very good when it comes down to . 
Dates. Numbers, time frames. 
And with things never quite what they seem. 
My query is.  An eternity 
Does anyone have any ideas on how long a (  ETERNITY ) IS ?   
"  in christian years "
It sounds like at least 10 years hey. ?

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Windows up all the time here Deb.

This is Wales.
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@n8nrgim
if out of body experiences are true, that's evidence the afterlife is true.
Do you think DMT angels are real?

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Bones
Reality is always internally relevant.

No different to consuming any pathogen.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Imagine if, hypothetically, the only evidence for the Loch Ness monster was that a few people in a very specific situation saw it despite the fact that many others in that same situation didn't. If that was the case everyone would think Nessie was just a big joke.
FLRW
FLRW

NDE's come about because the brain has 100 billion neurons and 100 trillion connections.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Imagine if, hypothetically, the only evidence for the Loch Ness monster was that a few people in a very specific situation saw it despite the fact that many others in that same situation didn't. If that was the case everyone would think Nessie was just a big joke.
great example

people forget about epistemology

when people say,

"you can't prove me wrong"

they are indulging private gnosis

conflating opinion with "fact"

unfalsifiable claims are neither "true" (or) "false"

they have (no) "truth value"

a dream cannot be proven "wrong"

a personal feeling cannot be proven "wrong"

a FACT, on the other hand

CAN be verified
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@n8nrgim
NDE are a private, personal experience. Whether or not other people have had them as irrelevant. While it may constitute strong evidence for the person that had the experience it is not evidence for someone outside of that. As long as people make up fake spiritual experiences there's always going to be doubt for anyone's spiritual experience. There's really no way you're going to convert anyone here anyway so it's kind of pointless to even discuss it. Those that agree with you will agree and those  that don't want they'll find any other excuse then to possibly consider that someone had a spiritual experience.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@Poly

Spirituality, as in a physiological response to a specific stimulus, is a normal occurrence.

I don't quite see what the big deal is about spirituality.

Other than some people like making a big deal about it......Which often results in exaggeration and fantasy scenarios.

And anyone that is near death, will have a near death experience....That's pretty logical.

And anyone that is actually dead, cannot possibly recount tales of an afterlife.....Obviously.

Therefore a living experience is not evidence of a non-living experience.

162 days later

Shila
Shila
it is irrational to argue that there's no evidence for the afterlife
Most religions believe in an after life.

In Hinduism, life and death are interwoven in one continuous cycle called samsara. Each person has a soul, known as the atman. Hindus believe that their atman leaves their body when they die to be reborn into another form.
For Hindus, reincarnation is part of the lifecycle of all souls as they seek to achieve oneness with the supreme spirit, Brahman. Depending on the good or bad deeds people accomplished during their life on earth, they will be reborn or reincarnated as another human, an animal, or an insect.

Reincarnation exists for the sole purpose of helping the soul achieve the understanding that no desire on earth will fulfill their deepest longings. Through reincarnation, souls are taught lessons with each life lived until they reach true fulfillment and are set free from any desires that tie the soul to earth.

Christians  and Muslims believe in the after life too.
Christian beliefs about life after death are based on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Resurrection means coming back to life, or rising from the dead! Christians believe that Jesus’ death and resurrection are part of God’s plans for the human race.

Jesus’ death on the cross symbolises paying for mankind’s sin and restoring mankind’s relationship with God. This is called atonement. Christians believe that three days after Jesus was crucified on the cross, God raised Jesus from the dead, and he went back to his disciples. This is called crucifixion, which means a method of punishment where the victim is tied to a large beam and left there until eventual death.

Islam teaches that there is life after death, and this is known as Akhirah . In Islam, it is Allah who decides when a person dies and most Muslims believe that when they die, they will stay in their graves until Yawm al-din , the Day of Judgement .

159 days later

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
This thread needs rexamined simply because of how utterly pathetic the skeptic's arguments have been
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@n8nrgim
This is the wrong place to have a actual discussion on philosophy or religion. It's called a debate site but there's nothing about debate that goes on here.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@n8nrgim
Eh, not really. This has been done in at least one other thread that you yourself started, I believe. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
Another line of evidence... almost all communication during ndes is telepathic. If these were just hallucinations, communication would be much more variable and include a lot more verbal styles.

It baffles the mind that folks don't consider this thread as evidence of the afterlife. Obviously it's due to a lack of critical thinking, and hardened hearts and darkened minds.