POLL: Should Reporting Be Anonymous?

Author: drafterman

Total: 312
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@drafterman
Who decided there should be continuity? The decision that DART should be DDO 2.0 seems to have been made unilaterally.
The very fact that the majority of the userbase here is from DDO made it only logical to provide continuity in standards until changes to those standards could be decided and moderation customized to the site.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@bsh1
Oh? If that was the case then Mike should be the inaccessible owner who lets the site devolve into chaos overridden by spam. The forums should be formatted exactly the same. The ban list should carry over. Airmax should be the mod. Etc. Etc. Etc.

No, you made a conscious decision to keep some aspects and abandon others. I don't recall any of these being put to vote or even a discussion.

It is NOT a given that DART should be DDO 2.0 and some people - myself as an example - came here hoping that it wouldn't be. I left DDO because it was a shithole long before the spam bots took over.

This is a new site and should be evaluated as a new site. Any policies should stand on their own merits not merely de facto adopted because they were what people did on DDO. For example, using DDO threads and policies designed for DDO on issues here, when they are not encoded in this site's COC, should be out of line.

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Oh? If that was the case then Mike should be the inaccessible owner who lets the site devolve into chaos overridden by spam. The forums should be formatted exactly the same. The ban list should carry over. Airmax should be the mod. Etc. Etc. Etc.
That remark is not only gratuitous, but a deliberate strawman, as well you know.

Regardless, I wish you a happy Thanksgiving. TTYL.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@bsh1
It is not a deliberate strawman, but you don't exactly grant me the respect of me deciding my own motivations, so it's no surprise there. I notice no other refutation of my other points. You go for a tangential blow and disappear.
1harderthanyouthink
Debates: 0
1harderthanyouthink
-->
@RationalMadman
You didn't even make an argument. You just made a lazy equivalency.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
Calling something lazy doesn't prove it's lazy nor does saying I didn't so something that I did make it less successfully done.
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
-->
@RationalMadman
This is pathetic.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
Keep insulting me and the case that I put forth, make your side finally appear like the bully-mentality-bullshit that it is. :D
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
-->
@RationalMadman
Have fun with your narcissist autofellatio session.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
7. Fighting Words
Fighting words are posts intended solely to provoke or incite another person into prohibited actions. Fighting words are considered personal attacks, even if they themselves might not meet the abovementioned criteria.
B. The Just Kidding Excuse
The abusive, insulting, or derogatory nature of a comment will be judged based on how a reasonable individual would interpret it. It is not based upon the intentions of speaker, unless those intentions were stated clearly and explicitly prior to the statement of the remark.'Reasonable' interpretation is left to the discretion of the moderators. The “just kidding” argument is not a valid excuse for actions which can reasonably be interpreted as personal attacks.

Castin
Castin
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
Lol how anyone can say disagree with the substance of what Bossy said is beyond me. If you don't like the work, don't sign up for the job.
How can anyone disagree that it's bad for the site when sabotage overwhelms the capabilities/resources of the moderators.

775 days later

Jasmine
Debates: 4
Jasmine
no.