COC Question

Author: Polytheist-Witch

Total: 7
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
After reading the COC again I wondered what the point the block function serves other than blocking PMS . While the rules state if someone says leave me alone you're not to bother them everyone seems to ignore the fact that they're blocked by someone. Yet the rules state someone is to leave you alone if ask them to so I was wondering why the block function doesn't serve as the I don't want to engage with you statement. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I swear you were only banned yesterday. It's a little unnerving that you weren't.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@badger
I appreciate the response but I'm really hoping for a mod to answer the question, thanks.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I have no clue what you mean by that lol. Can you rephrase or give an example?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Nevermind. I was informed, that in the time  since I used the RO system successfully, it's been changed, lol. 
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
 what the point the block function serves other than blocking PMS
Blocking PMS can be incredibly useful.

While the rules state if someone says leave me alone you're not to bother them 
They don't actually say that.

Blocking someone is a site feature, which is not directly mentioned in the CoC. It can however serve as a piece of evidence in harassment investigations.

E.g.: 'This guy was sending me 20 PMs per day, all complaining about his PMS. I blocked him and asked him to leave me alone, and for the last two weeks I've refused to respond to anything he writes about me on the forums, yet still he persists. He follows me into any thread I engage to spam bizarre off topic lies about me, plus spreading them into threads I've not engaged with. Please help.'
Pretty clear case of over the top harassment, which is made worse by someone ignoring being blocked, ignoring being asked to stop, and ignoring lack of reciprocation.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
As long as the blocked responds pertinently to a thread, then the onus falls upon the blocker to ignore.

If the blocked chooses to not ignore, then that is the choice they make.

In my experience of Dart and in my opinion, I find those who have a tendency to use the block function, do so for disingenuous reasons.