MMA Mafia DP2

Author: Lunatic

Total: 345
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
GRAVEYARD

ComputerNerd: Aikido- 2x Role Reverser- Town

iLikePie5: You are Muay Thai! You are a different form of striking that is popular in Thailand. Your art uses leg kicks as well as striking to incapacitate your opponent. Fighters in Thailand are known to be able to snap trees in half with kicks that are so powerful it’s hard to believe a human is capable of such power. Holly Holmes showed the world the power of Muay Thai when she took out Ronda Rousey with a leg kick, who was an MMA icon in 2015. Some of the most brutal knockouts ever seen have been the spawn of leg kicks or flying knees to the face. You are the 1x vigilante! One time in the game you can target another player and remove them from the game. Use this ability wisely! You win with the town.

Incel-Chud: You are Wrestling! Wrestling is an important skill to have in martial arts. In MMA, you can get held down by a decent wrestler for the whole match and lose, just like what happened to Jorge Masdival when he fought Colby Covington. You are the Jailkeeper! Each night you can pin a person down protecting them and role-blocking them for that night phase. You win with the town

LIVING PLAYERS

RM
That2user
Mharman
Supadudz
Whiteflame
Earth

With 6 players it takes 4 votes to reach majority! 

Day phase will end in 72 hours, or on Saturday March 29th, at 10:00 PM CST. 

Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
We should VTNL. We are in MYLO and the odds of hitting scum in crease if it is a 3v2 instead of a 4v2.

VTNL
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
what were your results?
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
Dont fucking talk to me

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Vtl Ilikepie5

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I think Wylted roleblocked a roleblocker.

I got that earth and Wylted are the same side but I fully believe a lawyer is in the game given the theme etc.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
We need to talk. It’s for the game.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Nvm ilikepie is dead

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
Pie’s dead
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I  that case vtl mharman
Mharman
Mharman
Lmao what?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
If you are mad at me for voting CNerd, keep in mind I didn’t really want to, I just felt Wylted wasn’t enough of option

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Just got out of a tax appointment and heading home, but I’m posting this before I leave.

Given that we’re at 5-2 now (assuming no third party), I think we need to put all our cards on the table.

I’m boxing. I’m the cop. Before you ask, no, I wasn’t going to put a target on my back by claiming an informational role in response to RM in DP1 before I got any relevant information. I copped Mharman innocent.
That2User
Debates: 4
That2User
-->
@whiteflame
Why Mharman? 
That2User
That2User
We have 2 realities, one with WF being the cop and Mhar being innocent, the 2nd with WF saving his mafia partner
That2User
That2User
-->
@Mharman
"If you are mad at me for voting CNerd, keep in mind I didn’t really want to"
If you didn't want to why did you? We had plenty of options, including VTNL, extending the day phase would be pro-town too
That2User
That2User
-->
@Earth
"I didn't even know that was the hammer. It's not going to kill Town. Relax bruv."
It killed Town
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@That2User
Alright, I'm home.

Why Mharman? 
I figured Mharman was a relatively obvious choice. He's not new to this game but seemed easily swayed to join the lynch during the last DP. He came off as pretty defensive during the back-and-forth with Incel. However, it was the unprompted, sudden character claim that had me most suspicious of him. I downplayed it in post #220 in the last DP, but I was slightly scum-reading him after that move. I still feel like I have a hard time reading Incel, so he was my strongest scum read aside from CN, and given that he was on that lynch and it was likely that there was at least one scum on the lynch, it made sense to check him.

We have 2 realities, one with WF being the cop and Mhar being innocent, the 2nd with WF saving his mafia partner
I'm honestly a little baffled by the second "reality" you've laid out here. First, if I was scum and my aim was to protect him, why wouldn't I just claim that I'd copped someone else guilty? That would draw attention to a single target rather than just trying to defer it away from someone, and since there's always the chance that Mharman is the Godfather or that I'm somehow flavored, there's reason to question my result regardless. Second, that would be an incredibly strange move because I don't see what Mharman needed protection from. He had one vote on him from RM with no explanation. RM wasn't able to rally a wagon against Incel in the last DP with what he thought was a lot of support for his position, so if we are scum and this was me "saving" Mharman, then this seems pretty unnecessary.
That2User
That2User
-->
@whiteflame
This makes a lot of sense, I concede with the 2nd option, what's way more likely is a lawyer protected Mhar
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Vtl Whiteflame
That2User
That2User
-->
@RationalMadman
Why?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The theme split is that martial arts that revolve around defensive response are Town.

Karate could be either, Sambo could be either.

Boxing cannot be Town and also, Whiteflame never cc'd me for investigative PR and I absolutely refuse to believe that there'd both be a cop and my role in this game.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
computernerd's role would make cop a severely dysfunctional role to the point of bastard modding.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Nothing about boxing disarms or incapacitates.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
why do you push for vtnl when 2 died in a night? Use your head.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Boxing doesn't fit the role of cop at all.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also, I am 100% forcing this vote. I will not remove my vote on whiteflame no matter what is said and done.

I believe I have played to my win condition and that Lunatic misled me with how he worded my role/theme PM. I believe that my strong townread on ComputerNerd for trying harder (the same reason he was scumread) and claiming Aikido of all things, is sound.

I believe in this lynch and am busy irl rn. I leave that vote there and will only talk to people who are not whiteflame during this DP.

I believe the team is Sambo and Boxing and that both of them take initiative in fights and strongly revolve around aggressive movement that provokes the opponent.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Karate is an aggressive martial art but because That2user said Lunatic framed it as self-defense and the fact I reckon there'd possibly be a vanilla sitting around makes me townread That2 as well as That2 voting Incel over ComputerNerd but that is a nulltell admittedly.

I like the idea of voting whiteflame off here, me dying this night phase and the game proceeding with huge discussions of roles vs martial arts. Take note that That2 outed before anyone else in the game left.

The only people to correctly participate in my theme analysis were computernerd and that2user, incel allowed krav maga cc to ruin town hardcore and I really hate his playstyle this game.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Karate does have moves that disarm and incapacitate.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The idea that Sambo is the roleblocker really fits well here.

Boxing idk what specifically the role is but no fucking way does boxing fit the theme of ANY kind given the other martial arts.