Youtube tried to cancel WION, this targeted a left-leaning or centrist News Company.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 15
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman

WION is solid as fuck News, only really biased when it comes to reporting on India vs Pakistan type matters. They talk about the whole world regularly, they exposed Pfizer for blackmailing countries and are an absolutely fantastic News source to represent south Asia to the world. It is appalling to me that this was cancelled for something controversial that was said and I am so happy that within 12 hours YT caved in and did the right thing.

Something like FB and Twitter would never have thought twice about keeping them banned. I respect Google no matter what other conspiracy theorists tell mea bout them. Google/YT do engage in cancel culture but I feel it's a much more 'open to negotiation' one. I've seen other examples of this before, such as a channel about children with special needs that kept stopping comments 'just in case' of abuse for almost 2 years until a few months ago where they admitted it was unfair to stop because they're muzzling all the supportive comments.

The channel for the special needs people is this (warning to judgemental pricks, it has people with very unusual facial and bodily conditions and/or mental disabilities on it.
^ the cancelling, over 3 years ago

^ celebrating the long-overdue de-censoring.
Incel-chud
Debates: 6
Incel-chud
-->
@RationalMadman
This is why I warn leftists about promoting censorship like they do. It's used to censor conservatives and then when the spotlight is gone they start going after anti establishment leftists. 

You've made this mistake yourself, but yes it was applauded when they targeted anti establishment right wingers, but now they are quietly going after left leaning people and it is not even known. 

This is exactly why you should defend the censorship of others, because it will lead to your own censorship. I feel like you won't learn the lesson here though, because you will still cheer for the deplatforming of views you don't like. 

You are so close to waking up, but something is holding you back, maybe it is because you bought the brain washing of this left vs right programming, not realizing that both sides are being played against the middle
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
YouTube only caved because there was a fuss. If they would have quietly been deplatformed, they would still be gone. Google is still evil. You should see the channels taken down because of fake copyright strikes or other nonsense who challenge the judgements and always recurve a copy and pasted reply with the TOS in it, that they never violated
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
The best part about bad guys is that no matter how many bad things they do, they'll still do something worse and make more enemies.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Incel-chud
yep

You are so close to waking up, but something is holding you back, maybe it is because you bought the brain washing of this left vs right programming, not realizing that both sides are being played against the middle

I feel like RM really wants to rage against the machine, and is genuinely confused when I point out the times when he is doing exactly what the machine wants him to do (cue the "current thing" memes)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Incel-chud
But there are several, may even, right-wing podcast makers in YT with all kinds of stances, even flat earthers. 

It is true sometimes if their angle is anti-Jew or some other discriminatory ot.super misinforming tjing regarding vaccines, censorship.hirs them.but I am not seeing the bias.

What I think is true is that the right wing has more (quantity wise) irrational and hateful people on it so naturally, more of them end up.censored at their extremes.

I do not understand why WION even got banned they probably said something negative about an Islamic regime if I could guess.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
What I think is true is that the right wing has more (quantity wise) irrational and hateful people on it so naturally, more of them end up.censored at their extremes
Did you ever stop to consider that this is exactly what the people who Censor wrongthink want you to believe? That if you are censored, that act alone justifies an arbitrary label, whether you agree or not?

It's the modern tattoo as people are loaded up into the trains and sent away. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Incel-chud
This is why I warn leftists about promoting censorship like they do. It's used to censor conservatives and then when the spotlight is gone they start going after anti establishment leftists.

They already have. I could easily rattle off a list of hundreds of well known people on the anti-establishment left branded and unceremoniously packed onto the censorship train.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Wow they actually got banned for showing a speech from a Russian minister that even CNN broadcasted:

That is pure cancel culture and double standard
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
[RationalMadman] But there are several, may even, right-wing podcast makers in YT with all kinds of stances, even flat earthers. 
Exactly, they don't ban everyone right wing, only the ones they feel threatened by. Flat earther's aren't a threat, even QAnon is barely a threat. That's why Taliban isn't banned. Taliban will kill a homosexual on sight, call women property, and consider theology the only critical education but they are never going to influence a US election, not like dangerous orange men and funny bees.

Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@RationalMadman

I do not understand why WION even got banned they probably said something negative about an Islamic regime if I could guess.
You'll continue to be pro establishment and parrot their bullshit until you wake up. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Can you show me a pro-taliban video as in explicitly being pro-Taliban? I am just curious, I don't want to search it myself for obvious reasons but I wouldn't believe it exists.

I have no idea where you got the notion that's not blacklisted, meaning the core brutally fascist beliefs of the Taliban being directly advocated for, let alone their literal agenda.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
[RationalMadman] Can you show me a pro-taliban video as in explicitly being pro-Taliban? I am just curious, I don't want to search it myself for obvious reasons but I wouldn't believe it exists.
I was actually talking about Twitter in the context of a general social media corporate conspiracy.

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
One thing I’ve thought about with regards to this stuff is history. Regardless of which side wins whatever the current culture war issues are, future historians will want to see/read/watch what we were all talking about during this era, which is extremely online. You can go look at threads on Twitter from 2016 or something and it’s all “this tweet is from a removed account” and YouTube has had several political purges at this point. I think what I resent even more than people getting banned is that when someone gets banned these companies remove every single thing their account has ever done on the platform and not just the offending content. I do truly think that they’re doing the historical record a severe disservice 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@thett3
There is an effort to archive by third parties.