Live Debate Tonight: Virt vs. Bsh

Author: bsh1

Total: 17
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Virt and I will be doing another live debate tonight, around 11:30pm. A link will be posted here about 10 minutes before we start if anyone wants to join. For anyone who wants to see the debate but can't watch it live, you'll be able to see and vote on it in a debate here on DART. This is the second such debate we will have done here on the site.

The topic we are debating is: "Bystanders have a moral obligation to act in the face of injustice." Virt will be taking the Pro position and I will be taking the Con position.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Because I'm fascinated by this topic as it's a psychopath vs a narcissist with a hero-complex debate, it will be fascinating to me and that's the only reason I'll show up.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Warning, I am heavily Pro on this. I'm the type who just can't look away from abuse if I'm in proximity of it but to articulate arguments for that is difficult so the coward mentality will win probably in this debate.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Personally, I am Pro on this topic, but I'm taking the Con side. Personally, I think the Con side is harder, but that may be because I can only see merit in the Pro position.
bsh1
bsh1
So, we're delaying the debate by an hour and we'll hold it at 12:30am. Link to be posted here close to that start time.
bsh1
bsh1
JK. We're staring in 5 minutes. Join!

bsh1
bsh1
We're starting. Feel free to join if you want, just please stay silent!
bsh1
bsh1
Nvm. Got cancelled. We'll redo it tomorrow.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
What time?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Probably midnight.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Still so?
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
The fact you are pro makes me sick. For the love of God if I am wrestling a guy with a gun who is on a shooting spree, do not come to my aid, just get the hell away and call the cops.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Wylted
Really? Most likely most of the people that will come to your aid will be people that can actually help. The "flight" people will be gone running and crying. I personally have the protector personality. This personality also shapes who i am. I train, i know how to shot six targets in 2 seconds, reload in a second, and shot six more and repeat, i''ve been in many Muay Thai fights... traditional rules (i can snap a bat with my kick)... and, you would want me to run away and call the cops that will show up when you're dead? You've clearly never met a protector before. 

And if your worry is that someone running in would mess up your, whatever you're doing... most protectors read these situations better than others. Things slow down and their thought process doesn't get jumbled up by the adrenaline. Now... if it's one of this "flight" people that think it's a good idea to come help... when they consciously try not to step on ants when they're walking... then i would agree with you for them to stay out of the way. 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Outplayz
I just don't want some idiot to get himself killed, I'm there to save people not myself. You have a good point though
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Wylted
I just don't want some idiot to get himself killed, I'm there to save people not myself. You have a good point though
I see what you mean... it's sorta in line with the idiot that will get in the way and kill both of us. I guess you really can't stop an idiot from rushing in... but, i suspect, i don't think there are any studies on this... most people that will come to your aid know how to handle situations like that. 

bsh1
bsh1
bsh1
bsh1
The link to the recorded debate!