Which party is better at making life easier for its citizens?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 15
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
This includes largely making life more affordable.

It seems republicans are more likely to focus on everything else except these things

Discuss, debate
coal
Debates: 6
coal
The Democrats have made it their constant project since the COVID-19 "pandemic" to frustrate every aspect of our lives, impede our liberty and menace our very being.  This, they have accomplished through means previously unimaginable in this country.  They have made life neither easier nor affordable.  In fact, they have accomplished just the opposite.  They govern as fascists govern, over subjects who can barely be recognized as citizens and whose freedom now appears subject to the unilateral, arbitrary and capricious exercise of technocratic power by so-called "experts" within the field of "public health."  A once free country now remains subject to all possible peril of an imperious federal government, that categorizes people as domestic terrorists for merely expressing objection to the subject matter of their children's instruction.  

The Republicans, make no mistake, are not without faults.  In criticizing them, I am left only with the question of where to begin amid an encyclopedic array of available subject matter.   Yet, they have at least had the decency to oppose, for the most part, the draconian, hygienic fascism and mitigated, to the limited extent possible, some of the harm Democrats are solely responsible for causing.  How much better to be subject to the whims of a self-interested despot, than the product of a bureaucrat who in his state of delusion claims to act in the self interest of free people.  

TheMorningsStar
TheMorningsStar
I don't think it is that simple as which party. Either party with full control would be disastrous. I think that the ideal would be the Supreme Court having a majority of 'Democrats' (by 1) with at least one of those being very moderate, the president a Republican (preferably one similar to how DeSantis is as a governor), and about an even split within Congress (with enough Democrats and moderate Republicans that the Republican party can't just do anything it wants).

That is, of course, if we are limiting it to the two parties (which is, sadly, the realistic way of viewing things). I believe that this would allow for even some Democratic policies to be implemented, just with real compromise taking place. If the Republicans try something crazy then there would be some more moderate ones that join with the Democrats to stop it. If something goes entirely out of control then there is the Supreme Court to deal with it.

It forces compromise while allowing for progress, just that said progress needs to be in check to make sure it is actually a good thing.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Kindly point us to the nation that led Covid the way you'd like and let's analyse their relative death toll.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheMorningsStar
Based upon the above, one might therefore conclude that a moderate democracy in which administrative power is not allowed become permanently established is the favourable option.

The other option being a lesser or greater tyranny.

So I would conclude that both Parties combined, makes life a lot easier for U.S. citizens.....Or more so, makes life a lot freer.

Freedom that is perhaps taken for granted.

How one might or might not capitalise upon ones freedom, is largely down to the ability of the individual to do so.

And those that don't, usually whinge continually about those that do.

And I in no way intend to denigrate the needs of those who actually can't.

TheMorningsStar
TheMorningsStar
-->
@zedvictor4
Based upon the above, one might therefore conclude that a moderate democracy in which administrative power is not allowed become permanently established is the favourable option.
I won't deny that, but I think that it is also important to stress that the executive and legislature should be controlled by the same party (though, only a slight majority of the legislature) while the judiciary controlled by the other.

If the parties are different then it can lead to deadlocks on important issues, which can cause more problems to arise. I also think that which party is the one in control of the branches needs to switch occasionally. 10-15 years ago I would say a Democrat controlled executive and legislature with a Republican controlled judiciary would have been better, not I feel the opposite.

There is a sort of pendulum that swings back and forth, with the left ending up going too far before the culture shifts to one where the right is better. Eventually the right will go too far and it shifts to where the left is better. Whichever side it has shifted too far on is the one that should not be in control of the executive and legislature. It is when the pendulum doesn't start swinging back that the chance of civil war increases and the country collapses.

Never should a party get too much power established, but so too should it not be at a deadlock when it comes to the importance of responding to issues (which is ultimately the legislature and executive working together). Enough power of the minority party to prevent chaos, not enough to cause deadlocks.

That balance is what I find important.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@n8nrgmi
Neither.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@coal
What are some examples from each party where they have made life economically easier for every day joes, and include what the parties aspire to as other examples? Then, analyze why democrats make life comparatively worse economically

Your words r too abstract to be meaningful
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Don't you live in California? How are the lives of everyday people there? Are they free to prosper economically?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Athias
Neither.
Correct.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgmi

The Green Party
coal
coal
-->
@n8nrgmi
You seem to have misunderstood what I said.  Try re-reading it, and then if you have a question propose it in response. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@coal
U say u don't like either party but Republicans aren't as bad. I don't see enough examples to support that conclusion. I think u have a chip on ur shoulder about bidens covid response and u focus too much on that. I still maintain ur words r too obscure to make sense of
coal
coal
-->
@n8nrgmi
What is your point?  
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheMorningsStar
I would suggest that the "balance" is actually dictated by the moderate core.

In terms of authoritative bodies we apply the labels Democrat and Republican, or Conservative and Liberal, or Left and Right.

But relative to a collective mindset, the core of the U.S (and U.K) establishment and the wider populace, is still firmly moderate.