Shit stain on humanity calls genocide 'noble'

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 17
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman

If you're gonna mimic me, GP, believe me I'll do you better than yourself.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@RationalMadman

I'm still suprised that he is not using CoolApe's profile pic.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Russia has a long way to go to match the one million+ body count America racked up in Iraq installing a puppet regime.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Greyparrot
Would you mind clarifying your point?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Look, just because a million people died does not mean the US killed a million people (if that number is even close to accurate). Just because people die in Ukraine does not mean Russia killed those people.

Even when civilians are killed, if they are collateral that cannot be classed as genocide. That is cheapening the word (as people cheapen racism, pedophilia, nazi, fascist, communist, rape and a bunch of other words)

Genocide is the intentional killing of the unarmed or innocent for the purpose of destroying a genome (race). It's a high bar, it isn't often met. Don't bother to quote some modified definition to me, like I said there are people with an interest in cheapening the word.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I have nothing at all to reply to that other than that you are just typing bullshit, as evidenced by the total lack of URL or even implicated evidence backing up your conspiracy theory.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Barney
-->@Greyparrot
Would you mind clarifying your point?
concisely: never vote Republican
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Conspiracy theory? What conspiracy did I allege?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Look, just because a million people died does not mean the US killed a million people..
If the violent regime change in Iraq is the justified gold standard, then Putin has global precedent on his side. Equally ineffective were the international condemnations against both regime wars.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
I wasn't referring to Iraq as justified or unjustified, I was simply saying that the assertion that US or Russian troops are going around intentionally killing people (up to a million) because of their race is extraordinary. It requires extraordinary evidence.

In war as in peace there must be means, motive, and opportunity to make a strong argument for a crime. Means and opportunity I'll grant, motive I won't. Nazis had a motive, they broadcast it everywhere. They were all but given orders in most cases. Japanese war crimes were not centrally planned, but the motive was still visible in the culture of the army units and how they justified themselves to each other and to war tribunals.

Whatever Russia or USA's geopolitical goals there is no race that needs to die to make it happen. Russians and Ukrainians especially don't even see themselves as different races. You may as well call the burning of Georgia genocide for all that makes sense. Contrast to the Uighur thing, where the CCP finds the culture AND genes of those people unacceptably alien to the point of essentially mandated breeding programs (which actually is rape).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
does not mean Russia killed those people.
Absolute conspiracy theory accusing not only Ukraine but international auditors for the UN as involved in the conspiracy during post mortem data collection occurring in front of their faces.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
@RM, read again I didn't accuse Ukraine of doing anything. People can die without being killed, from starvation, disease, and old age.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Especially when a missile fired at a building caused them to die, they could have died from covid, right?

Stop kidding yourself.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
@RM, you don't think on multiple layers.

Not all death is killing, not all killing is genocide.

That was the point. A million people didn't die from weapons in Iraq.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It is GENOCIDE 100%
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Iraq, Ukraine, or Uighurs?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Hey...If violent premature death, just boils down to semantics.