I am willing to personally coach students in debating.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 18
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
It will help you both in casual and competitive debating but is definitely primarily about winning online debates, whether in forums or life.

To prove I am not all talk, I finally am climbing the leaderboards here. I always could have done so skill-wise but many people were intentionally leaving debates tied and the site just didn't have enough going on for periods as well as my real life being busier.

I will take 2 students at a time and it will work as a combination of live coaching (since this site has not ruled that out) during debates and lessons/sessions.

I will like if you have Discord if you want to be a long-term student (more than just 1-2 weeks) and will prove that I get results by how my students do, it will not be a secret who my students are and I will not debate them or allow them to debate each other during the coaching.

I require the following criteria:

1. You were not blocked by me on the website in the past 40 days.
2. You have proven that you have the raw level of activity on the website to be a decently active debater, I need you to be active as I won't get paid, my reward is you doing well as my student.
3. You do not fuck around and troll me thinking I'm all talk or that my methods are bullshit. You do that more than once, you are terminated as a student I won't make a big deal nor will I care if people think I'm petty.
4. You are fluent in the language English.
5. You can participate (not necessarily in live IMs) in regular intervals for at least 2 full weeks or very intensive for 1 week depending how busy I am that week.
6. You do not think we are friends (necessarily) in any shape or form, you don't ask me for any personal details and I give you the same courtesy.

I will not reveal the syllabus publicly and it will be tailored to each student anyway. I will give you homework and teach you things at times that are tweaked to the current climate of voters and debaters.

What I am doing, in competitive gaming is stuff people pay good money for, you can think it's a joke or whatever but I'm doing it for free. I am serious about it if you are. 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
* crickets * 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Feel free to offer yourself up as a competing coach, let's see how many roll up or if you are just as mockable too. Happy to compete and learn. :)

Just as with debating, there's always room for improvement in coaching.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The way I see it, I could of course keep being a great debater here and rising the ranks and maintain a high position. The question is if that's all I do or if I spread my wisdom and skill to others on a website that already is on the brink of death and needs to encourage and maintain debaters that are scared to step into the ring after a few failures.

I am offering this to help others, you can be as much of a dick about it as you want. If nobody wants my help, it's their loss and the website's. I am doing what I can to help the website thrive, it's fine if haters are gonna hate.
coal
coal
I don't care, dude.  Like at all. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
You realize YYW is far more skilled than you based on his profession right?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
That's cute. Let him teach it then on here or is his specialty being a whiny little bitch about others trying to do something good?
coal
coal
 is his specialty being a whiny little bitch
That behaviour is, as usual, totally uncalled for. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
@ILikePie5
@Intelligence_06
@Benjamin
@ComputerNerd
Student Application for Benjamin (applied on PM)

You are free to fill this out on PM, I am posting this part public to have something to go back to and copy and paste.

If you reply on PM, I won't reveal your answers, I also am somewhat worried that since you are already a successful debater, how I can necessarily see and know you improved due to my teaching or not.

That said, I will help you and am happy you signed up.

Anyone else looking to improve should see the progress Benjamin does or doesn't make.

Application Form:

What is debating to you? (minimum words, 12)

Which type of debating are you most concerned with improving at? (formal 1v1 online, formal 1v1 irl, forum/reddit debating, debating family and friends amicably IRL or what)

What do you think you're weakest at in debating?

You guessed it... what are your strengths in debating?

Do you have Discord or if remaining on-site are you able to genuinely Instant Message me an average of 6 per day over the next two weeks, these will not be tiny PMs I am referring to?

Do you have Google Docs or something like it? You can post a long PM if you want but I want to see how you use formatting and presentation aspects to refine that.

The rest will be in Lesson 1. Do you want your Lesson 1 to focus on drills (testing you out immediately) or easing you in via concepts and theories I have discovered or know of?
coal
coal
Why did you tag me?
ComputerNerd
Debates: 15
ComputerNerd
^^^
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
will be interested in seeing benny boys possible improvements. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bones
It has not begun yet
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
While I would say the "syllabus" is a bit much, I agree that you're not "all talk." Within the framework as it applies to this website's formal debating, you're actually quite competent. And while I was tempted to joke, "who's going to coach you?" I do think it's a good idea if you're in fact sincere. It's a great way to contribute to a site one presumably holds dear.
coal
coal
I think this is a pretext for rationalmadman to fill the void left by his nonexistant sex life. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Or alternatively, we can infer that your total lack of site contribution is due to how much cock you've been pleasing irl, yes?

No wonder you were so angry about the lockdowns.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
One has to wonder what psychological 'void' you are filling by trying to be the class clown around here.

Haaa haaa you make good jokes.

There, some validation for you, ol' coal. :)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I can take two at once. Slot is open, apply within. Can do so on PM.