Happy Passover

Author: rosends

Total: 48
rosends
Debates: 0
rosends
There are a variety of holidays and observances occurring at this time of year. I am in the midst of Passover (the intermediate days, between the holy-days at the beginning and end of Passover) and wanted to wish everyone here "happy whatever it is you find worth celebrating."
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Happy Passover. My spring celebration was on the equinox and I have one coming up April 30/ May 1.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@rosends

Mazel tov !
rosends
rosends
-->
@FLRW
Thank you, I guess. The term usually is used as "congratulations" and is used for momentous occasions or achievements. But hey, sometimes just surviving is a noble fight.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@rosends
Chag sameah to you as well!

rosends
rosends
-->
@whiteflame
Thanks! Mo'adim l'simcha!
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I had fish for dinner the other night. 
But 
Well i just can't help but feel like god didn't mark it down. 

These " special " religious holidays are great for getting easy ( heaven entrance  points ) 

GOD KNOWS IF YA FOLLOW ONE RIGHT. ?

Like ive competed in well over 15 good fridays.  On the basic level of ,, ( No red meat and fish for tea.  ) 
Soooooo. .      I Take away 5 of these for my boy on boy incident.
Leaving 10 good fridays i have followed.

Now In regards to " after life accommodation "  10 good fridays isnt enough to go to heaven hey?

Playing one  (  passover ) is like 3 ( good fridays )

I need to know my  / current /   " afterlife "  " accommodation "  status. 
A app of sorts might be able to accommodate.  

HOW MANY  ( GOLD STARS * )   DOES ONE GET FOR PARTICIPATING IN A ROUND OF  " PASSOVER "  ?

*GOLD STARS   =    Heaven entrence points. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Actually talking to a jew about going to heaven isn't the smartest idea hey?

I mean , it's not like jews believe in god or anything. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Wasn't Passover the time when all innocent first born were killed?

Which part are we supposed to be happy about?

When God passed through the land of Egypt and strikes down the firstborn of every household?

Or 

When Jews have been told to mark their doors with the blood of a lamb they've sacrificed — the Passover offering — and so God “passes over” their homes?

rosends
rosends
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I tried to work on the ratio of holidays to heaven (yes, Jews believe in God and heaven) but I'm not really a math guy so then I tried using Roman numerals because thay are letters and not numbers but I am no good at long division. Good luck with your Friday fish. 
rosends
rosends
-->
@Stephen
You needn't be happy about any of it. I'll celebrate my survival because I really enjoy existing and stuff. If you want to be sad, have at it. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Don't 
Dont say it deb . 
Rosends is a good guy. 

Yeah but. 
But. 

' bites lip ' 

Happy passover.  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@rosends
I'll celebrate my survival because I really enjoy existing and stuff.

I am happy for you and your existence, Rosi.

It's just sad that it came at the price of all first born of all households. And when one considers that it is said to have been god himself that had hardened the heart of Pharaoh and caused him to be stubborn. 

I sincerely hope you had a nice day Rosi.

rosends
rosends
-->
@Stephen
You raise an incredibly important question (and the issue of "innocent babies" is also really relevant -- I didn't mean to dismiss it, so apologies for being flip; there are rabbinic discussions that go back a long way about that exact same question, so, as we say in Hebrew "baruch shekivanta" -- you deserve a blessing for having intuited it).

The bigger thing is that of Pharaoh's free will and the Passover story. Commentators have wrestled with it for a long time and one understanding is that, at a certain point, a person who has amassed so much evil to his name, loses certain rights to avoid punishment for that evil. So, yes, on one level, there is actually a loss of the freedom of choice. Not every commentator understands it as such and to many, it seems more than a bit unfair. And to that perception, other than citing articles of faith and belief and blah blah blah, I can't give a really good answer.

Sorry.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Rosends is a good guy.
just try to convince my wife of that, please...
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
God doesn't do that any more. 
The whole ,    Door to door killing first born thing 

And My guess as to why God doesn't carry on like that anymore issssssssss.  
Now hear me out. 
As silly as this may sound . 

When " we " 
We being  gods humans.  Made up all them like rules and laws things that we made up.  
God seemed to somewhat " abide " by them. 

Now Thats Crazy right ?   
It curved him of sorts. 

rosends
rosends
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
there are many different flavors of plague

no more flood, let's have us a hail storm.

how about a disease?

can I send an invading army instead?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
(  FIRST FEST  ) 

Luckily The first day of the passover coincided with the First day of the week long celebratory event Known as ( FIRST FEST )  
( FIRST FEST )  A  week long  camp out,  souly  for first borns.  
FREE FOOD AND DRINK.
GAMES AND RIDES. 
MUSIC.  
AND PRIZE GIVEAWAYS.  

Good times. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@rosends

My Great Grandparents on my Mother's side were Jewish and lived in Germany.
rosends
rosends
-->
@FLRW
so your mother's grandparents were Jewish? Were they her father's parents or her mother's parents?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I suppose you could.  
Send a disease. 
Or a invading army. 

But I don't see how a disease or a invading army will effect me in any way shape or form 
As.
As. 
I've  a cross painted in lambs blood on my front door. 
I am good to go. 

Do you think anyone has tested the effects of  A Two coats  thick lambs blood cross on a front door followed  by another coat a month later against the covid -19 virus ? 

rosends
rosends
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Careful, those are some cross words.

Quite a puzzle.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@rosends

.They were her father's parents.

rosends
rosends
-->
@FLRW
OK, got it. Thanks. I hope you didn't lose too much family in Germany in the 30's and 40's.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends,

DEB-8-A-BULL QUOTE:  "Rosends is a good guy."

YOUR QUOTE IN RESPONSE OF GOING AGAINST YOUR SERIAL KILLER YAHWEH: "just try to convince my wife of that, please..."

You, and especially regarding your wife in this instance, whereas the key word in your quote above is "try" to convince your wife that you are a good guy is godly revealing!  Therefore, regarding your wife, the following passage comes to mind: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Relative to the passage above, do you think that Yahweh has plans in telling your wife that you are truly "not a good guy" and you are feeling this gesture from her to say what you did, even in jest?  This is barring the fact that the passage in question does NOT give you two Free Will whatsoever, where you lead your life as if you had plans of your own, of which are not because they are Yahweh's plans for you so saith Jeremiah 29:11!  

Lest you forget about the 2nd class Hell bound woman as your wife, to please Yahweh, you should have stayed away from her at the onset: “I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)

Rosends, since the book of Ecclesiastes is a part of your Hebrew Megillot, and within your Hebrew Bible as well, and being derived from the Greek transliteration, then why didn't  you follow your Yahweh's direct words in the passage shown above in respect to staying away from the woman's heart as a trap to man, and being ensnared by her in sin as the passage so states above?  Where do you get the authority to bypass what Yahweh said in Ecclesiastes 7:6 in not pleasing Him?

It's too bad that you are not a Christian where you could follow this biblical outcome by Jesus' direct words herewith: “It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.” (Proverbs 25:24)"

NEXT HEBREW SUPERIOR MAN OVER THE INFERIOR WOMAN THAT DID NOT FOLLOW PLEASING YAHWEH PER ECCLESIASTES 7:26 WILL BE ...?

rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Hi BrotherD,

Assuming one can get past the clear dictate that וְהָכְתִיב: ״אֵלֶּה הַמִּצְוֹת״, שֶׁאֵין נָבִיא רַשַּׁאי לְחַדֵּשׁ דָּבָר מֵעַתָּה and the obvious קל וחומר that would apply this even moreso so content from כתובים , you would still have to deal with statements like what Rashi says on that verse (7:26)

"אֶת הָאִשָּׁה", זוּ הַמִּנוּת

The Nachal Eshkol quotes an opinion which many might feel is sexist in applying the verse, "אם היא מחזקת עצמה כמו איש אז היא מר ממות"

A bridge from this to a more common understanding is based in the Targum, "דִמָרִיד עַל אֱנָשׁ יַתִּיר מִן מְרִיר יוֹם מוֹתָא יָת אִתְּתָא"

In terms of codified law, you can start in the Sefer Hamitzvos, "רוצה לומר המשך אחר התאוות הגשמיות והתעסק המחשבה בהן" which should clarify a lot.

The Pninei Halacha makes the application even clearer:
"אשה טובה – אין סוף לטובתה, ואם היא אשה רעה – אין סוף לרעתה". וכן מסופר (יבמות סג, א), על רבי חייא שבירך את רב תלמידו, שיצילנו ה' מדבר שקשה ממוות, היינו מאשה רעה

And he cites this verse and (משלי יח כב) מצא אשה מצא טוב to make his point.

So I hope this clears things up for you. Glad we could spend this time learning all the sources together.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends,

Your running away from my post #25 with your Hebrew written " chicken scratches" is duly noted. 

LITERALfree from exaggeration or embellishment, the literal truth, characterized by a concern mainly with facts shown as written.

Your serial killer Yahweh inspired the passage Ecclesiastes 7:26 below that you are having a hard time in accepting for obvious reasons. There is absolutely NO reason to try and reinterpret this LITERAL passage in question because it says what it says LITERALLY at your embarrassing expense.

I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)

Therefore, you can still be married to your 2nd class woman that is a Sister of Eve, that was the impetus of the "Original Sin" for Christians, but all the while you will never be able to please your Yahweh as the passage in question blatantly shows.  Do the simple math resends!  LOL!

"Yahweh's inspired words state:   "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." (Isaiah 40:8). The word of Yahweh in Ecclesiastes 7:26 stands forever, therefore you have failed Yahweh's requirement in pleasing Him because you let the woman ensnare you and you sinned, case closed!  

NEXT SUPERIOR HEBREW MAN OVER THE INFERIOR WOMAN LIKE ROSENDS THAT UNGODLY TRIES IN VAIN TO REWRITE HIS HEBREW WRITINGS WILL BE ...?

rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
so I take it you couldn't read the direct and on point answers I wrote. That's sad. I gave you specific and accurate responses which totally and completely answered exactly what you asked but you are too ignorant to understand it, so all you can do is repeat the question which has, as I said, already been answered. You call it "running away" because you can't read it. But, in fact, it is the exact opposite -- it is dealing precisely with what you wanted to know. You, though, are running away from learning anything.

Don't you have anything new? Or will you just keep restating that which has been dealt with? This just parades your lack of ability, knowledge, or interest in learning anything.

So sad.

I'm sure that you are really struggling with you inability and might be ashamed of it, but you know what they say, "וְלֹא הַבַּיְשָׁן לָמֵד"

well...you don't know, I guess.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends,

LITERAL FACT:  “I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)

YAHWEH'S FACTUAL INSPIRED WORDS RELATIVE TO THE PASSAGE ABOVE:  "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

CASE CLOSED!

NEXT HEBREW REWRITER OF YAHWEH'S DIRECT AND LITERAL WORDS,  WILL BE ...?

rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Oooh, swing and a miss.

The actual text reads וּמוֹצֶ֨א אֲנִ֜י מַ֣ר מִמָּ֗וֶת אֶת־הָֽאִשָּׁה֙ אֲשֶׁר־הִ֨יא מְצוֹדִ֧ים וַחֲרָמִ֛ים לִבָּ֖הּ אֲסוּרִ֣ים יָדֶ֑יהָ ט֞וֹב לִפְנֵ֤י הָאֱלֹהִים֙ יִמָּלֵ֣ט מִמֶּ֔נָּה וְחוֹטֵ֖א יִלָּ֥כֶד בָּֽהּ׃

and the fact that you are using a quote from Yeshayahu to discuss a quote from Kohelet is HILARIOUS. If you had ANY idea what you just did, you would be even more ashamed of your ignorance than you already should be!

So, again, I ask -- do you have anything new or are you going to keep repeating the same stuff that has been explained and answered? Are you a parrot, and one who is stuck?

So very, very sad.