Total: 82
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Double_R
Trump is well known for being the internet’s biggest bully, a childish man who spent half his time in office tweeting insults at everyone he didn’t like from politicians to world leaders to celebrities. But you have a problem with Joe Biden being insulting.
Of course he doesn’t. I suspect he doesn’t really care about any of the faux outrage that he peddles. At this stage I don’t think it’s valid to reply as if he does - or anyone who makes these sort of posts on Twitter, 4chan, etc.

For some on the right, the issue is one of doublethink. That they do care about insults, crimes, ethics, etc, but compartmentalize and don’t let those two arguments meet. They’re the ones that get angry and shouty when you point it out.

There are many right wing individuals, however, on Twitter, parler, etc: many in the conservative media - and GP - that don’t.

In these cases, the guiding principle doesn’t appear to be any form of ethical standard, or reasoned ideology - the guiding principle is simply the unifying primacy of attacking a political opponent. What is true or false is not relevant, what is right or wrong - is not relevant, debate is not relevant, contradiction is not relevant. All that is relevant is whether a collection of statements or facts can be arranged in such a way that can attack the opponent - no matter how valid, contradictory, hypocritical that attack ends up being.

“This is not about persuasion: This is about disorientation”

In many respects - the whole point of this, is to prevent rational discussion by trying using incendiary nonsense to goad people into spending maximum effort engaging - but putting no effort in, and not engaging himself.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
Influencing an appointed Judge of the court on case rulings destroys the very foundations of law. How would you like it if your life was on the line in a court case and a mob protested outside the Judge's home in order to have you executed despite the legal arguments of your case?
But it’s not a court case with a regular person on trial for a capital crime.

It’s the Supreme Court, comprised of justices appointed for politicial reasons, with a selection and appointment process that is highly politicized; ruling on highly politicized issues of personal rights.

If you don’t believe this ruling is political in nature, then I have some very special and very magic beans you may be interested in buying.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Attempted assassination?
Bingo. Rules for thee and not for me.

And then you got the endless moaning and groaning about "mah Trump" when it's clear at least 37 percent of Democrats didn't expect Biden to be divisive as well, regardless of the degree.

Enjoy the shitshow this November, it's gonna be a doozy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
red bricks and soldiers
The only thing Biden succeeds to unite is opposition to his dystopia,

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
You know what? I can honestly say that, these past 2 years, I haven't thought about Biden all that much. And I really haven't harbored that much hostility toward him either. And unlike perhaps some people, I can say this in reasonably good faith.

But after last night, fvck Joe Biden.
After last night, I am a fellow "MAGA Republican" and I like to think that the entire party is united against the president's fascist bullying.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
The man speaks of "democracy" when 74 million Americans have been effectively ruled the last 50 years by an unelected newsmedia that mistreats them and slanders them daily, an unelected Court that until 2 months ago denied them any agency whatsoever over the issue of abortion, an unelected Court that still to this day denies them the right to organize prayers in school, a party that would not be winning half of the swing elections it does if not for 50 years of illegal immigrants and their voting-eligible children, and so on.

If some Trump supporters have lost faith in democracy, then the only reason is because "democracy" as the term is currently construed has failed them time and time and time again.
Mr. President,  you ought to get down on your knees, acknowledge your party's role in all of this, and start working to regain their trust. And yes, it'll be long and hard, but all that you did tonight was to insult 74 million people. That won't do even a single thing to help democracy. It'll just make everything worse. It speaks volume of your character as a man who does not respect democracy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
Russia has a democracy, Ukraine has a democracy. Venezuela has a democracy.

America can't afford that kind of Democracy.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Swagnarok
You know what? I can honestly say that, these past 2 years, I haven't thought about Biden all that much. And I really haven't harbored that much hostility toward him either. And unlike perhaps some people, I can say this in reasonably good faith.

But after last night, fvck Joe Biden. 
After last night, I am a fellow "MAGA Republican" and I like to think that the entire party is united against the president's fascist bullying.
 MAGA Republicans are all for a civil war. It’s the only way to MAGA.
Russia is too busy fighting in Ukraine and China distracted by Taiwan. So external threats can be ruled out. The enemy is within.

Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Shila
This is exactly the kind of nonsense that's okay coming from some random dude on the internet but not from the lips of the President.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
Incredibly poor optics— I can’t fathom who thought this stage setup was a good idea— but befitting the central theme of the speech, sadly:  cooperate with me, or be deemed an enemy of democracy!
Shila
Shila
-->
@Swagnarok
MAGA Republicans are all for a civil war. It’s the only way to MAGA.
Russia is too busy fighting in Ukraine and China distracted by Taiwan. So external threats can be ruled out. The enemy is within.

This is exactly the kind of nonsense that's okay coming from some random dude on the internet but not from the lips of the President.
The President has to prepare the people for the worst and hope for the best outcome. A civil war  engages the whole nation and helps determine a winning side. That would be the best outcome instead of the current stalemate.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Shila
Democrats can't prepare for anything. This is just sheer stupidity and poor optics as stated above.

The President has to prepare "the people"...

So the other Americans are screwed? OK groomer.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Attempted assassination?
If there was one, to which I am not aware, I would take issue with it. That has nothing to do with the point I made.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
If there was one, to which I am not aware.
Not surprised. You watch censored news.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Corporate media declares the "civil war is here" and Biden's speech was preparing the country for the planned pre-emptive strike.

87 million votes for the harbinger in chief.

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Double_R
If there was one, to which I am not aware, I would take issue with it. That has nothing to do with the point I made.
Someone was arrested for an assassination attempt (chickened out) on Kavanaugh. Was on most news channels, was decried from most people I saw.

Rather than, you know “it was a set up” or “the FBI made him do it” or “it was really anti-fa” or “he’s a political prisoner”

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Lol, MSM today is saying Biden did not go far enough!!!

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol, MSM today is saying Biden did not go far enough!!!

classic
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
"This MAGA crowd is really the most extreme political organization that’s existed in American history."
The MAGA crowd deserves nothing but derision 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot

57% of voters polled say Biden's speech was DESIGNED to incite conflict among Americans vs 35% that said it was just a fine and dandy speech.

Good luck in November Bidentards.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Greyparrot

57% of voters polled say Biden's speech was DESIGNED to incite conflict among Americans vs 35% that said it was just a fine and dandy speech.

Good luck in November Bidentards.
It’s a week after Biden’s speech and no riots reported.

The Jan 6 riots took place soon after Trump incited the mob. Over 800 rioters were charged.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Shila
It’s a week after Biden’s speech and no riots reported.
I guess that's bad news for Democrats trying to paint MAGA as being violent. Maybe there will be some violence before November.