Total: 203
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
If the mods sending a PM  is too much work for them then they don't need to be moderators and if they're whining to you about it then they probably need to consider whether or not they stay in that position. I'm honestly not sure what you think they're here for if they're not here to enforce the code of conduct then they don't need to have a mod positions at all.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Stephen
 FFS!  I was asked by moderation if I would  agree to a RO with the Witch. And I did.
So what is your objection? On what basis/bases do you endorse/tolerate a "mutually-agreed" restraining order, and object to a "mutual mute"?

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Athias
Are you thick!

I agreed toRO. And I have already explained my reasons. They won't count for much. Now simply don't address me anymore on this subject. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
😂🤣!
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Stephen
As you wish, enjoy your day.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@Poly.

Conduct is demonstrably variable.

From reasonable all the way to " f****** s*** ".

Self restraint is perhaps preferable to a restraining order.

I personally think that moderators do a good job.

Over-moderating would be overbearing.

And feigning offence is a cowardly tactic.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
@Poly.

Conduct is demonstrably variable.

From reasonable all the way to " f****** s*** ".

Self restraint is perhaps preferable to a restraining order.

I personally think that moderators do a good job.

Over-moderating would be overbearing.
And feigning offence is a cowardly tactic.
I agree 100% The mods do perform a fantastic job & over-moderating would be overbearing.. They even step in when someone fakes offence every other post.

And have a guess who it was that started this argument and was allowed to get away with the COC offence of cross threading for 4 pages solid? 

#85  "I mean there was at some point a policy being thrown out that people should be able to be shadowbanned by the site and nobody would be able to read any of their posts and they wouldn't know "

#89 "And I think if I put someone on ban they shouldn't be able to read my posts."

Interesting that the thread is titled "Atheists are cowards" and then have a perfect examples of theist being just that.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Spot on.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@Tradesecret

MISS TRADESECRET = A COWARD IN CONTRADICTING HER TITLE OF HER THREAD HEREIN!  LOL!

Relating to Miss Tradesecret being the #1 Bible stupid fool, the #1 runaway from biblical axioms, and the #1 member in coming up with a myriad of excuses not to discuss her faith, where the irony is the fact that the creator of this thread, Miss Tradesecret, in being a woman shown herewith: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB0WX8  is the pseudo-christian COWARD as specifically shown in the following examples: 

I challenged Miss Tradesecret and her faith to a debate upon the Trinity Doctrine that she says she knows everything about:

But, she ran away and went into hiding once again with yet more EXCUSES not to debate me upon said topic as a COWARD!

I challenged Miss Tradesecret to a debate upon the Virgin Mary birth of our serial killer Jesus in he following link, but what did she do? She RAN AWAY again in becoming the #1 COWARD within this forum.

Here is yet another post of mine directed to this COWARD pseudo-christian Miss Tradesecret where she did not respond to the topics listed, other than to run away from them again to hide under her mommies apron.

Whats that old adage again,  oh yeah, in her calling Atheists cowards, she is the “pot calling the kettle black!”  As I have said countless of times, this is a religion “discussion forum,” and NOT a "runaway from discussion" forum like Miss Tradesecret does in using lame EXCUSES to run and hide from discussion as a COWARD!

Miss Tradesecret doesn't have the wherewithal to understand that she is an embarrassment to TRUE Christianity and this esteemed forum every time she enters it, and True Christians like myself and the Atheists will continue to show her ungodly ways when she has the audacity to Satanically be within this Religion Forum.

Praise Jesus for His revenge upon the pseudo-christian COWARD Miss Tradesecret herewith:  "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
would you call yourself an "atheist" ?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Nice to see you back Brother D. Have you been ill?

MISS TRADESECRET = A COWARD IN CONTRADICTING HER TITLE OF HER THREAD HEREIN!  LOL!

Yep.

Relating to Miss Tradesecret being the #1 Bible stupid fool, the #1 runaway from biblical axioms, and the #1 member in coming up with a myriad of excuses not to discuss her faith, where the irony is the fact that the creator of this thread, Miss Tradesecret, in being a woman shown[.....]
Correct on all three, Brother D.

......herewith: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB0WX8  is the pseudo-christian COWARD as specifically shown in the following examples: I challenged Miss Tradesecret and her faith to a debate upon the Trinity Doctrine that she says she knows everything about:
there are more examples too.

But, she ran away and went into hiding once again with yet more EXCUSES not to debate me upon said topic as a COWARD!

The irony is breath - taking Brother D.

I challenged Miss Tradesecret to a debate upon the Virgin Mary birth of our serial killer Jesus in he following link, but what did she do? She RAN AWAY again in becoming the #1 COWARD within this forum.
You are not on your own there, Brother. 

Whats that old adage again,  oh yeah, in her calling Atheists cowards, she is the “pot calling the kettle black!”  As I have said countless of times, this is a religion “discussion forum,” and NOT a "runaway from discussion" forum like Miss Tradesecret does in using lame EXCUSES to run and hide from discussion as a COWARD!
I must admit, in the case of the Reverend Munchausen, there was never a Kettle to call black in the first place.

Miss Tradesecret doesn't have the wherewithal to understand that she is an embarrassment to TRUE Christianity and this esteemed forum every time she enters it, and True Christians like myself and the Atheists will continue to show her ungodly ways when she has the audacity to Satanically be within this Religion Forum.
S/he? is an embarrassment to himself. As are all lying narcissists once exposed. "What ya do the dark shall be brought to the light" leaps to mind, Brother

Praise Jesus for His revenge upon the pseudo-christian COWARD Miss Tradesecret herewith:  "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

For everything Jesus is alleged  to have said, I won't deny him that, Brother D.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
LOL. Do you really not know who that is and that they're being satirical yet insulting?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
LOL. Do you really not know who that is and that they're being satirical yet insulting?
who is it ?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
He went by Willows. He figured out a way to finally insult without getting banned. Well without getting banned as often.
Stephen
Stephen

@ the Witch
He went by Willows. He figured out a way to finally insult without getting banned. Well without getting banned as often.

More baseless and unfounded bullshite.

Come to shit again have you , Witch? Aren't there any woods near you to dump in?

8 days later

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Tradesecret
Would it make you feel better that I no longer feel attached to the label "atheist"? Since it comes with baggage on both sides and since someone else's understanding of the term (you in thiscase) cannot change my actual position I have come to refer to myself as simply someone who does not believe in any god(s)

In any case I am more than happy to discuss MY views and beliefs so long as you understand that they are not necessarily representative of the larger community of those who do not believe in any god(s).
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@secularmerlin
You're still an atheist. And take an active anti- theist stance. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You are welcome to call me whatever you like and it will joy change my actual stance on any given issue.
FLRW
FLRW

Yes Poly, I agree that he is a very smart person. Please see my topic in Philosophy.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Tradesecret
This thread is not helpful at all. No one is going to change their mind after being insulted.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mharman
Honestly who is here to change anybody's mind. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Exactly. I tend to stay away from this particular forum for that exact reason. The only reason I posted in this one was because someone pointed me to over here and the OP irritated me.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mharman
Nobody one might talk to on the Internet is going to change my mind about anything. The internet is a dumping ground, it's a garbage heap. There's no way you're ever going to trust somebody you know in the internet enough to actually engage in any sort of meaningful conversation or relationship with them. And if you do it's because you don't have any real human beings in your life. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I wouldn’t be 100% pessimistic about convincing people, only 90%. I’ve had people here make arguments that were logical enough to change my mind on a few topics. It shouldn’t take a deep dive into human psychology and an entire flame war to change someone’s mind. All it should require is a couple of solid arguments. So, while it is true that debating on the internet is mostly fruitless, it isn’t completely fruitless. Same thing with debating people irl honestly. It’s a product of human nature. A society with no debating at all is a society in free fall. And yes, it is possible to have a social life irl and a meaningful discussion on this site.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mharman
I wouldn’t be 100% pessimistic about convincing people, only 90%. I’ve had people here make arguments that were logical enough to change my mind on a few topics. It shouldn’t take a deep dive into human psychology and an entire flame war to change someone’s mind. All it should require is a couple of solid arguments. So, while it is true that debating on the internet is mostly fruitless, it isn’t completely fruitless. Same thing with debating people irl honestly. It’s a product of human nature. A society with no debating at all is a society in free fall. And yes, it is possible to have a social life irl and a meaningful discussion on this site.
100% THIS
FLRW
FLRW
“I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.”

― Albert Einstein

Does that sound like a coward?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
“I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.”

― Albert Einstein

Does that sound like a coward?

You haven't reckoned on Tradesecret's definition of the word - coward, have you.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Stephen

I think he might be right. I would never have the courage to create pedatric cancer. The most common types of cancer diagnosed in children ages 0 to 14 years are leukemias, brain and other central nervous system (CNS) tumors.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@secularmerlin
Would it make you feel better that I no longer feel attached to the label "atheist"? Since it comes with baggage on both sides and since someone else's understanding of the term (you in thiscase) cannot change my actual position I have come to refer to myself as simply someone who does not believe in any god(s)

In any case I am more than happy to discuss MY views and beliefs so long as you understand that they are not necessarily representative of the larger community of those who do not believe in any god(s).
Call yourself whatever you want.  That is a matter for yourself.  Not me.  This was not a topic about changing people's points of view. It was a topic I started out the frustration of some on this site - and wrongly I made it general.  

I have never had a problem with you nor with most of the atheists on this site.   Mostly, you are agreeable even when you are disagreeing with me. It doesn't normally get to personal and helps the conversation.  I apologize I made this such a general post. 
Amoranemix
Amoranemix
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@Tradesecret
It's been my experience that Atheists love to show up to religious threads.  They get to have their say. They get to destroy their opponents.  They get to prove how cool they are in the world of philosophy.

But this is why I say they are cowards. Because they are afraid to reveal what they believe.[1] For instance, what do Atheists believe?[2]

Nothing.[3] One common doctrine.[4] God doesn't exist. An argument based on a negative.[5] That is it.[6] Nothing else. We are not allowed to know what else they believe - because there is no common factor. 

Hence why Atheists are COWARDS.[7]They criticize - but without fear of being criticized. That is not criticism. That is safe ground.  Bogus. really.[8]
[1] Failure to do something out of fear is not necessarily cowardice. I am afraid to jump under passing trains and therefore I don't. How about you? Are you afraid to jump under passing trains ?
[2] That varies, but most atheists believe the earth is round and few atheists are afraid to reveal that.
[3] Can you prove that atheists believe nothing ?
[4] Belief in the nonexistence of something hardly qualifies as a doctrine.
[5] You are mistaken. Atheism is not an argument but a (lack of) belief.
[6] If that is it, then, contrary to what you claim, atheists have nothing to reveal and therefore cannot be afraid to reveal anything.
[7] You claim to have identified some problems with atheism and atheists, but fail to make the connection with the attribution of cowardice. Yet you repeatedly claim they are cowardly. Bald assertions are typical for theists.
[8] Most atheists don't pick their belief to make debates more challenging. They just want to believe in reality. That does indeed make their position easier to rationally defend than most theistic positions. You may see that as a drawback, but most people don't. Moreover, if one wants more challenge in debates, one can choose to defend a position one doesn't hold.

Are there more doctrines for the atheist than there is no God? No.   nary  a one. LOL! laughable. And weak.[9] Cowardly really. there is no other words that can account for this state of being.[10] A worldview - that is not really a worldview - a position - that is not really a position - a statement that allows no criticism.[11] Imagine if we tried to apply to that any religion?  It would be laughed out of the stadium.[12] that is why Atheism is cowardly. One rule for them. 

My view is that only people with worldviews should be allowed to contribute in a religious forum.[13] An atheist ought be rejected unless they can provide a worldview to be considered.  Unless this occurs - then there is no basis of comparing and contrasting. There is no basis for conversation.

Unless an atheist is able to come up with a worldview - then the atheist's opinions ought not be welcome.[14]

We should not be permitted to criticize others unless we have something alternative to offer. Atheists have nothing to offer - of their own admission [15] - so why ought we subject to ANY of their criticisms.[16] By admitting they have no other doctrines, they admit they use religious doctrines to live their lives.[17]
[9] The narrowness of the scope of a concept is not a flaw.
[10] The word you were looking for is reason.
[11] You are mistaken. Atheism does not prohibit criticism.
[12] Yahweh does not accept criticism. When do you plan on laughing him out of the stadium ?
[13] I disagree, but in my opinion you are entitled to share your opinion, even though it is not relevant here because lacking a worldview is not intrinsic to atheism.
[14] You clearly dislike freedom of speech. There are forums where atheists are censored, not because they can't come up with a worldview, but because theists dislike being embarrassed.
[15] You are mistaken again. I have not admitted I have nothing to offer.
[16] If your worldview were able to stand up to scrutiny, you would be open to criticism to show that it is. If you favoured reality-belief over God-belief you would be open to criticism to learn about potential flaws in your worldview.
[17] How so ?

Reece101 2 to Tradesecret :
What do non-smokers believe? Nothing. This is essentially what you’re arguing. Most atheists just live their lives just as religious people do.
Thanks Reece, but you are incorrect. That is not what I am asking. There is no reason for a non-smoker to come to a religious forum as a non-smoker. Atheists do come intentionally as atheists.[18] They ask questions - fair enough - they criticize - again fair enough - but when a theist starts to question the atheist - the smoke screen comes up.[19] We don't actually believe anything.[20] Not that you can pin on me as an atheist. 

Hence your comparison is flawed.
[18] Correction: Some atheists come debating here as atheists. Most atheists don't debate relegion.
[19] In case I have inappropriately raised a smoke screen when faced with one of your questions, please point out such instance.
[20] “I don't know.” is sometimes preferable over some extraordinary explanation. Do you have an explanation for every paranormal phenomenon ?
In the thread www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6327-evolution-ation Yassine ridicules the theory of evolution. He claims there is not a shred of evidence for it. His explanation ? “We don't know.” Does that make him a coward ?

It wouldn’t be so frustrating if you had enough evidence to meet the burden of proof you give yourself when you make a claim, such as “a god exists”.
Do you mean for you or theists? I find it frustrating that atheists - choose not to give a reason. They don't think that's necessary.  And for the record,  theists give excellent reasons for why they believe in God all the time.[21] It is just that non-theists choose to believe that they are weak reasons.  That doesn't mean that the standard is not met - it only means that the atheist doesn't understand what the correct standard is.[22] It happens in jury trials all of the time.  Lawyers tend to call it bias. It's one of the reasons we like to select juries.
[21] When has that paradigm shift occurred ? Until recently, theists avoided providing good reasons for their beliefs as if that would give them the plague.
[22] Flat-earthers give excellent reasons for why they believe the earth is flat. It is just that round-earthers choose to believe that they are weak reasons.

Can we agree atheism and even theism to a lesser degree doesn’t represent a persons whole identity?
Yet the atheist come here and tell the theists all the time that that part of their life is their business and they should get to tell them that they shouldn't practice it, they shouldn't get to believe it and they're stupid and they're evil and they're mentally retarded and they're abusing their kids.
Have you ever wondered why you are unable to back up your claims ?

Tradesecret 63 to SkepticalOne :
This is why I find the atheist position so well cowardly. It is permitted to attack my views - which incidentally I am ok with - since it will help me understand my own views better.  Yet, it never provides an alternative - except - there is no god.  And that is it.[23]

It fails to engage properly with its own position.  So not only is it cowardly, it is stupid.[24] And self-demeaning.  Yet for whatever reason thinks it is objective, rational, and elitist.  and somehow morally superior. True not all atheists think that way.  Yet not thinking it doesn't remove it from their lips.
[23] You are mistaken. The atheist does not always shy away from attempting to explain wordly mysteries. Often occurs a situation where a theist makes a claim that an atheist challenges. The theist, being unable to back up his/her claim, then challenges the atheist to provide an alternative explanation. The atheist often complies and the following discussion is then about the atheist's beliefs, allowing the theist to get away with a bald assertion.
[24] Your fallacy of choice is the non-sequitur. That atheism does not properly engage with its own position does not imply it is cowardly or stupid.

But how can an idea - since it is clearly not more than that - it is self professedly not a worldview, somehow take on the persona that it can destroy entire worldviews?    It logically just can't do that.  An idea must fit within a context - a worldview to have such a self-important view of itself.  Yet as soon as it does it, it effectively destroys itself as an idea only.
First, idea is a poor word for the concept of atheism. Better is (lack of belief)

secularmerlin 166 to Tradesecret :

Call yourself whatever you want.  That is a matter for yourself.  Not me.  This was not a topic about changing people's points of view. It was a topic I started out the frustration of some on this site - and wrongly I made it general.

I have never had a problem with you nor with most of the atheists on this site.   Mostly, you are agreeable even when you are disagreeing with me. It doesn't normally get to personal and helps the conversation.  I apologize I made this such a general post.
Indeed. Atheists are not cowards. Some atheists are cowards, as are some members of almost any group.