☆< IMPORTANT REMINDER > ☆ For those attending church today.

Author: Deb-8-a-bull

Total: 152
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
BRING   CASHHHHHHHHHHHH.......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jesus Lovessssssssssssssssss cash. 

▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○    DO NOT FORGET.   ▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•

So um yeah * kicks dirt *  thats all
Oh and Have a great day guys. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
America's wealthiest pastor Kenneth Copeland is worth $760 million and doesn't pay taxes on his $7 million dollar mansion.
What did Jesus mean when He said it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Churches love cash.  Jesus never did.

And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?
And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

What did Jesus mean when He said it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven?
  • English language churches have been preaching since at least the 1400's that the "Eye of the Needle" was a minor gate in the west wall of Jerusalem- so small that a camel had to be unpacked and made to bow to pass through.  Difficult, but possible.
    • But modern archeologists and historians have found no evidence for a gate by that name. 
  • Given the closeness of the Greek word for camel (kamelos) and thick rope or ship's cable (kamilos), scholars have been speculating since the 2nd century AD that Jesus meant "rope" which makes more sense as a mere shift in scale from thread to a size which denotes impossibility, unless one forges a very large (but entirely possible) needle.
    • (in Arabic, jamal is used for both camel and cable)
    • But the Talmud records Hebrews using the aphorism as easier for an elephant to go through the eye of the needle 200 years before Jesus.  Of course, that Talmud was constructed during Babylonian captivity immediately after Nebuchadnezzar tore down the original walls of the city and well before new walls were constructed, so not likely a reference to a gate in Jerusalem.  An elephant through a needle clearly denotes impossibility.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Yep how dare anybody who has a church that they go to for worship want to contribute to keeping the lights on and the water on and the heat on. Who are these pricks that think they should be able to pay their pastor to be a full-time employee of the church and do what needs done for the church. Who are these assholes that think things like copy paper and copy machines and telephones should be in a church so that they can do Church business. You know who these pricks are? Theists. And they don't deserve to have a place of worship because atheist hate them being able to have religion, they hate that freedom. Which is why they hate the idea of people being able to give their money to the building that they worship in.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I disagree with your view of atheists, even as I am not in that group.

I respect atheists more than the theists who adore a genocidal, homophobic and misogynous garbage God.

As to paying for religions, you should be thanking the atheists who have to pay for religious tax breaks that they do not deserve.

Theists should pay for their own delusions.

Regards
DL
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
So here we have more lies that theists don't pay taxes. This pay income tax and property tax, same thing that atheists do. Now as far as property tax any non-profit has that benefit so we can thank everybody who's covering taxes for nonprofits whether it's you know a library or museum or church or an atheist organization that might have a building for them to gather in which they're allowed to do and some have. For instance any building that the satanists work out of would be considered a non-profit and is exempt Planned Parenthood exempt. You can continue to be a liar if you want to but nobody's really going to listen to your bull shit, except other atheists who are liars too.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
"So here we have more lies that theists don't pay taxes."

Who was stupid enough to say such garbage?

Get the quote so that I might chastise that idiot. 

That or you are the idiot who cannot read.

Regards
DL

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Your post is in black and white you want to go change it before people see it that's up to you.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
True.

You have shown your uselessness.

If you ever want to actually do apologetics and develop decent morals, come on back.

Regards
DL
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Where is it you think you're sending me to jail? LOL. It's not my fault that you said something that isn't the truth.  Like I said you can go back there is a button that'll let you edit your post feel free to do that so you don't look like a liar.
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I think the post is referring more to the more scandalous askings for money which the church are prone to doing - trading bars of gold for a ticket to heaven, for example. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Well, there exist churches who have transparent records of how much money they receive, and how they spend it,
It's not wrong to give people salaries for their work, for building and grounds maintenance, for charity given that many churches for example provide food to the homeless.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I believe they just used the church or religion as an upholding device to anything they think is good tradition, even if Jesus wouldn’t have liked it.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Intelligence_06
I'd imagine religious people often are or think they're trying,
And maybe think that the gist of what they're trying, is what they think or hope God would want.
Or various individuals in churches history,
Though maybe people change doctrine a bit, as situations and knowledge changes.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Bones
Bull shit, they're talking about tithing in church.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
@GnosticChristianBishop
@FLRW
@Intelligence_06
Thanks for such a wonderfully inclusive topic. It surely beat my hands down. 

Poly is right. Churches like any other charity - and churches are charities and most do a very good job keeping the taxes down for the state with the programs that they run - are entitled on that basis alone to be tax free.   

Churches have costs like any other organization.   Yes, some churches are dodgy. They rip millions out of people.  Yet churches are not alone in this. There are lots of organization - and this includes public organizations who are corrupt - and which take millions of dollars for themselves and their cronies.  Should we simply tax everyone including the government to make sure such corruption is mitigated against? 

Finally, people need to be a little bit consistent. Do you believe in the separation of church and state or not?  What other organization ought to be separated from the State? Are there others?  Separation of church and state is built on the doctrine of separation of powers.   Separate powers do not tax each other.  Nor do they expect the other to pay them taxes.   Can you imagine if the church demanded the State to pay a tithe? It's nonsense. 

If people want a separation of church and state then they need to stop demanding the church pay taxes.   By demanding taxes, the church thereby is incorporated into the State just like every other legal person.  You can't have your cake and eat it. I know some of you think we can.  But that is purely nonsensical. 

For the record,  many organizations such as Kenneth Copeland ought to be shut down as they are corrupt.  But so should many political parties. And many schools. And many environmental groups.  As well as the nasty gun groups and secret defense programs. 
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Lemming
True, along with the lies in their religions.

Without lies, no God religion would exist, because if one supernatural God exists, then there are many Gods that we are not to put above Yahweh/Jesus. The genocidal combo.

Regards
DL 
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Tradesecret
Why should a lying church get a tax break, for just being a place where lies and fictions are taught as fact?

Why should liars get away with their religious lies and get tax dollars back for being liars?

Regards
DL
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
They speak the truth as they see it,
You speak the truth as you see it.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Lemming
I deal in facts, not fictions.

To respect liars is not the most moral thing to do.

Regards
DL
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Says a liar.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
You deal in facts as you see it,
They deal in facts as they see it.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Lemming
The faith of religious fools is not based on facts.

Facts do not need faith as they are demonstrably real.

Regards
DL
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Facts build towards beliefs,
As facts are recognitions of what we 'think something is,
Faith is what we hold, for what we 'think, is.
I'd say.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Lemming
Facts have nothing to do with what idiots or the ignorant think they are.

Facts are facts  and real, even if stupid people do not recognize them as such.

The world is not flat is a fact, even if fools think it is flat.

Regards
DL

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Why do you find it necessary to insult people?

Facts are what we 'think is true,
Sure reality 'is, despite what we know of it,
But, we're human,

3 Blind men and the Elephant,

History and the many examples of new truths, old truths being realized as false,
We develop theories about life, and move on from there.
FLRW
FLRW

The future of Man are people like GnosticChristianBishop.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@FLRW
Eh, I don't think so, but if they 'were,
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Lemming

How did you know that I was a member of UNITED Atheist Alliance League????
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Lemming
I call them as I see them.

Thanks for the fucking judgement, without showing the where or why, ass hole.

I can really defend myself.

Do you beat your kids without telling them why?

Regards
DL