☆< IMPORTANT REMINDER > ☆ For those attending church today.

Author: Deb-8-a-bull

Total: 152
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
The Christian church next door had a donut truck out front of their church today so us heathens got to go have delicious fresh donuts from the donut truck courtesy of the Christians. Sometimes it pays to go to church. 
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Wylted
  • English language churches have been preaching since at least the 1400's that the "Eye of the Needle" was a minor gate in the west wall of Jerusalem- so small that a camel had to be unpacked and made to bow to pass through.  Difficult, but possible.
This is why it's useful to look at what rabbis were saying during the time of Jesus. People who he talked to or whose works he read. The rabbis at the time used the same phrase. The rabbis he got the exact phrase from added commentary to it and made it clear that it just means, it is very hard to enter heaven. I want to name the branch of Judaism that Jesus heavily pulled from, but it has been so long since I studied this, that I have forgotten.
The interpretation that seems to make sense is this. The "Eye of the Needle" was indeed a narrow gateway into Jerusalem. Since camels were heavily loaded with goods and riders, they would need to be un-loaded in order to pass through. Therefore, the analogy is that a rich man would have to similarly unload his material possessions in order to enter heaven.

A fully Mastered pastor must be willing to spend the rest of his life convincing people to part with their money and compete with camels as a way to needle them?

There are other ways and means that Arabs use to force a camel through narrow passages. That is no different than sheep shagging. Only here it is called camel humps.