Define a universe in your own words

Author: Conservallectual

Total: 106
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
perhaps you are unfamiliar with the cosmological constant (dark energy)

Ive been posting about cosmological Dark Energy in regards to the space inside our finite Universe for years in this forum and others.

I'm still waiting for you to clarify how two or more pocket / local universes can not be considered part of one whole Universe in sum-total if Gravity has no distance limits to its mass-attractive phenomena. Please clarify your scenario to explain this.

How is it all of your multiverses are not gravitationally attracted to each other, ergo isolated as you stated, if ?I recall correctly
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
How is it all of your multiverses are not gravitationally attracted to each other, ergo isolated as you stated, if ?I recall correctly
vast distances of "empty space" have a (demonstrable) net repulsive effect that not only "counter-balances" gravity, but outstrips it

this is why our own observable universe (cosmos) is continuously expanding at an accelerating rate with no signs of slowing down

also, gravity is not necessarily a component of these other pocket-universes

not all pocket-universes are necessarily "occupied" and may bear little to no resemblance to our own known-universe
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
vast distances of "empty space" have a (demonstrable) net repulsive effect that not only "counter-balances" gravity, but outstrips it
Huh? Are you talking with our alledged local/pocket universe or outside of our universe?

If your saying there is occupied space with our alledged pocket/local universe, then I think very mistaken. No where have I ever seen evidence by scientist that Dark Energy in our alledged local/pocket universe keeps Gravity from not having mass-attraction everywhere.

this is why our own observable universe (cosmos) is continuously expanding at an accelerating rate with no signs of slowing down
Huh? 3Ru, your confused, mass-attracton is still happening in our alledged by you, pocket / local universe.  All known forces are stronger than Gravity, and again, you dont seem to grasp the well not fact that Gravity/Mass-attraction has no distance limit.

Why you think our universe will expand forever I dont yet understand. Where did you get this idea that our universe is going to expand forever and infinitely?

That is really irrational illogical etc.   The ultimate fate of our universe and any other local universes and the sum-total of all local universe is ultimately decided by the weakest force and that is Gravity.

also, gravity is not necessarily a component of these other pocket-universes
Where do you get this irrrationa, illogical ideas from 3Ru.  Next your going to tell me there exists universes where there are Toyota cars and trucks that give birth to polka dotted unicorns, that transform into a black hole 5 days after there birth from a Toyota.

not all pocket-universes are necessarily "occupied" and may bear little to no resemblance to our own known-universe
Say what? Your not making any sense 3Ru.  There exists Space: 1} macro-infinite non-occupied space, and 2} occupied space.

Where you get this idea of a universe that is not occupied space is likened to Toyota vehicles giving birth to unicorn that in five days the becomes a black hole.

3rU, you dont seem to grasp there exist finite limits that exist irrespective of one Universe we live in are  finite multiverse set of that sum-totals to the one Universe we also live in.

There exist cosmic principles and physical laws that are inviolate, eternally.  You dont grasp that yet.

Gravity exists every where as an occupied space, that is mass-attractive to all other occupied spaces. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
No where have I ever seen evidence by scientist that Dark Energy in our alledged local/pocket universe keeps Gravity from not having mass-attraction everywhere.
Observations show that the expansion of the universe is accelerating, such that the velocity at which a distant galaxy recedes from the observer is continuously increasing with time.[1][2][3] The accelerated expansion of the universe was discovered during 1998 by two independent projects, the Supernova Cosmology Project and the High-Z Supernova Search Team, which both used distant type Ia supernovae to measure the acceleration.[4][5][6] 

and for the rest of your "objections"

the "unknown" is "unknown" and not necessarily similar to what you currently know
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@3RU7AL
The universe isn’t uniformed when it comes to its expansion. Some parts of the universe are expanding faster than others. There’s been some new research circling around recently that the universe might be gradually slowing down. Though I’m not sure
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Reece101
The universe isn’t uniformed when it comes to its expansion. Some parts of the universe are expanding faster than others. There’s been some new research circling around recently that the universe might be gradually slowing down. Though I’m not sure
ok, good to know

however, regardless of whether or not our own observable universe appears to be expanding or contracting

there are a lot of other things (including pocket-multiverses) that could very well be beyond our extremely limited scope of observation
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
Observations show that the expansion of the universe is accelerating, such that the velocity at which a distant galaxy recedes from the observer is continuously increasing with time.[1][2][3] The accelerated expansion of the universe was discovered during 1998 by two independent projects, the Supernova Cosmology Project and the High-Z Supernova Search Team, which both used distant type Ia supernovae to measure the acceleration.[4][5][6] 

3Ru, your not giving me any information that I and others have not known for years.  Your still confused about Gravitatioal strignths and effects [ mass-attraction } still occurs even if the Universe is expanding. I told you before and you still dont seem to grasp, that Gravity doesnt stop woring just because Dark Energy is also working.

There both workiing but DarK Energy, like EMRadiaiton is stronger than Gravity. Read my lipts/text 3ru. Gravity does not stop being mass-atttractive just because other expansive forces are stronger. Much stronger.

and for the rest of your "objections"
the "unknown" is "unknown" and not necessarily similar to what you currently know.
3ru, you avoid addressing my statements as presented to you. Why?

I did not say anything about unknowable. That is your words not mine. and Ive addresse it before you ignore.

There are limits to what can exist. There is a finite set of cosmic principle and physical laws that are inviolate. You dont grasp this and/or just stick you nose in the air and say it aint true, without saying.  This we know and your hand waving that  maybe this or that exists is irrational , illogical speculation.

Ex there are not and never will be Toyota vechicls giving birth to biologic unicorns that then evolve into black holes in 5 days.

I will give you another example Ive posted for you and others countless times in this forum and others, and most ignore or make feeble attemtps to deny as absolute truth.:  There can not exist more that five, regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedra of UNiverse, irrespective of multiverse scenarios. SO please 3ru, read my lips/text and address as presented.

The sum of the angles of a Euclidean triangle,  is eternally 180 degrees when the base unit --a circle-- is 360 degrees---. Simple absolute truth is eternally inviolate, irrespective of multiverses etc.

And you still have not addresssed how two local/pocket universes are not connected by mass-attractive Gravity.  You keep waving your hands in the air with stuff that is irrrelevant to my comments as presentd.  Because you have nothing valid that address what I stated.

No where do I state Universe is not expanding, yet you through all this stuff out here about Universe expanding.  Get grip 3ru.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
that Gravity doesnt stop woring just because Dark Energy is also working.
when two forces oppose, if one force is stronger than the other, the stronger of the two forces effectively CANCELS the weaker force

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
There are limits to what can exist.
in our observable universe
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
when two forces oppose, if one force is stronger than the other, the stronger of the two forces effectively CANCELS the weaker force

One is dimmished only insofar as, the other is winning the race between are we going to expand or contract.

Gravity always is the ultimate determer of fate of Universe.  Entropy leads to a weaker Universe, heat death, and Gravity takes over at some point, because Gravity is never canceled out in the long run.

Again, you have not address the comments I made regarding multiverses all be connected by Gravity ergo all are the sum-total ---ergo a finite set--- that we call the one Universe ---with a capital U--. Understand 3Ru?

You contually avoid those comments because of their validity, and yours not.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
regarding multiverses all be connected by Gravity
what makes you think that the "space" "between" "pocket-multiverses" is able to transmit gravity (which apparently is a function of "spacetimespace"

AND,

even if your hypothesis is correct

what makes you think that "darkenergy" will not cancel out the "gravity" "between" "pocket-multiverses" ?

It is important to maintain a constant awareness of and vigilant respect of our epistemological limits.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
what makes you think that the "space" "between" "pocket-multiverses" is able to transmit gravity (which apparently is a function of "spacetimespace"
Because of all we know of Gravity i.e. it has no distance limites, and I appear to have to keep repeating this over and over and over to you. C'mon 3Ru, get on the balll on here.

AND,  even if your hypothesis is correct

what makes you think that "darkenergy" will not cancel out the "gravity" "between" "pocket-multiverses" ?
I already addressed that 3Ru,  dimminshed in short run is not canceled out forever.  Are you reading my lips/text?

It is important to maintain a constant awareness of and vigilant respect of our epistemological limits.

If you say so. I have no idea what your talking about.  Gravity has no distance liimits. Simple yet you appear to be in denial of this truth and fact.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
no distance limites
distance is a function of "spacetimespace"

which may or may not "exist" "between" "pocket-multiverses"
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
for example, there is recent speculation that a "black hole" may be an entirely surface phenomenon

with technically "nothing" "inside"
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
kinda like a bubble
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
ALSO,

what makes you think "darkenergy" will "expire" "before" "gravity" ?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
distance is a function of "spacetimespace"  which may or may not "exist" "between" "pocket-multiverses"

Yes distance exists between any two occupied space integrities { wholes }.  Not sure where you getting you unicorn info from 3ru.

for example, there is recent speculation that a "black hole" may be an entirely surface phenomenon with technically "nothing" "inside"
Occupied space is 3D. Good luck with unicorn black holes of nothing.

what makes you think "darkenergy" will "expire" "before" "gravity"

Entropy ergo entropic heat death of Universe = ultra-cold Universe and cold things tend to contract, tho ice does expand, so you may have me there.

Cold slow metabolic processes tho, and there may exist many examples of cold causing contraction and enough cold may be what allows for Gravities mass-attraction to reverse the expanding process. Thats one scenario. There may exist many more if I do the research.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
Cold slow metabolic processes tho, and there may exist many examples of
do you understand that matter dissolves over time ?

matter emits energy

matter is energy

all matter will eventually evaporate

even black holes will evaporate (hawking radiation)
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
Yes distance exists between any two
what is the "distance" between the first and second dimensions ?

what is the "distance" between the second and third dimensions ?

what is the "distance" between the third and forth dimensions ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
I did not say anything about unknowable.
that's the problem
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@3RU7AL
Dimensions are merely a concept inspired by human necessity.

If there is no observer, then there is nothing to be observed.

So a universe is simply a representation of time space and matter, created within and transferred from, one organic computer to another organic computer. Perhaps utilising an inorganic computer or some other medium of data transfer.

Light and sound waves become electro-chemical signals which are converted into internal imagery.

So actually, our universe is always a simulation.

And the dimensions of our brains are sort of small melon sized.

Of course a small melon is also always a simulation.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
Simulacres et Simulation
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@3RU7AL
Is it a good read?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
Finite Universe, even if multiv-verse of local/pocket Unvierse, and there all connected by Gravity ergo the one, finite, occupied space Universe.

You never presented the argument some theorize how local universes can not be connected by Gravity.  3ru, do you know what part of the puzzle you keep leaving out in your comments?

How can Gravity not connect these alledged pocekt uinverses?  I have an answer for the one also, but lets see if you make the correct comment first.
Kritikal
Debates: 9
Kritikal
-->
@zedvictor4
If there is no observer, then there is nothing to be observed.

So a universe is simply a representation of time space and matter, created within and transferred from, one organic computer to another organic computer. Perhaps utilising an inorganic computer or some other medium of data transfer.
Interesting, I tend to think of it the other way around. The universe is the physical stuff that actually exists whether we are there or not, and when we observe reality and give it meaning that is the stuff that is outside of the universe. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Kritikal
Yep. I like that.

Though I still like on the old Descartian adage.

Cogito Ergo Sum.

Ergo cogito, ergo omnia sunt.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Kritikal
The universe is the physical stuff that actually exists whether we are there or not, and when we observe reality and give it meaning that is the stuff that is outside of the universe. 
you're going to love this,

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
Ergo cogito, ergo omnia sunt.
dubito ergo cogito ergo sum
Kritikal
Debates: 9
Kritikal
-->
@3RU7AL
That was very interesting. I think the part where I most differ in opinion is that quantum physics somehow debunks materialism because whether it is a wave function, or a particle that thing is still real with or without us. The observer effect is honestly just mind blowing because it certainly does show that consciousness directly affects the universe which has many implications I'm sure.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Kritikal
the unobserved universe is literally a blob of quantum-wave-form POTENTIAL (with no particles)

How the Quantum Eraser Rewrites the Past