Author: Mharman

Read-only
Total: 435
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Greyparrot
I had a dream last night some black girl wouldn't take a pencil from me because I was white. What is the meaning of this dream?
As far as dream interpretation is concerned. You are the black girl. I have to make some guesses about your personal philosophy to interpret it correctly. I am going to do that based on what I know about you.

First of all you are trying to give your shadow self room to operate, but it refuses to accept your offer. The black girl is opposite of you. Young black and female. It is your shadow self. It's still afraid to come out and ideally you need to give your shadow self some encouragement otherwise you'll never achieve your highest self, because you'll never merge with the shadow
That2User
Debates: 4
That2User
I'm back
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
Two reasons. Firstly, I don't think there would be enough votes. Secondly, (and this is a bad reason, but very real) I'm scared to go down that route. If he were to flip town, I think I might be the next target, using up town's last lynch and costing us the game.
To both points, I’ll point out that there have been several of us who have sussed Earth in spite of his claim. That might still leave us shy of the necessary votes, but many of us would be likely candidates for a lynch in the next DP. The fact that you’re a weak protective role doesn’t make your claim suddenly sus if he flips Doc.

That being said, while I think that Earth is all kinds of scummy behaviorally and I don’t trust his claim at all, I too doubt that we can get the votes. Willing to try though, because it seems like we’re not getting enough support for a GP lynch at this point. I frankly don’t trust Badger’s strong gut read on Earth, and we have only limited reason to believe that scum doesn’t have access to fake role claims.

So I’m willing to push it here and now: VTL Earth
whiteflame
whiteflame
Also, I’ll put this out again because no one responded to me earlier:

Does anyone else have a justification for their role that focuses on factors external to the team (e.g. fans)?
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Worth a shot, I suppose. VTL Earth
That2User
That2User
Does anyone else have a justification for their role that focuses on factors external to the team (e.g. fans)?
Yeah I torture my fans, they clown me, why?
That2User
That2User
So I’m willing to push it here and now: VTL Earth
If we mislynch Earth and we have 3 scum it's MYLO DP3, 2 mislynches away of losing
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@That2User
If we mislynch Earth and we have 3 scum it's MYLO DP3, 2 mislynches away of losing
Worse than that. MYLO would be one mislynch away from losing, not two. However, this is true of every mislynch. The question is, "How likely is this to be a good lynch or a mislynch?"
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@That2User
That was probably too much information. Giving away your justification can let people guess what your role is.

That being said, I wonder what role would have that as a justification? (Please don't answer that, and please, no one else openly guess at it. I can wait until after the game to satisfy my curiosity.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@whiteflame
Yes.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@That2User
So that is the justification for your role? It has nothing to do with your team’s performance? That’s a strange justification for Vanilla.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
That was probably too much information. Giving away your justification can let people guess what your role is.

That being said, I wonder what role would have that as a justification? (Please don't answer that, and please, no one else openly guess at it. I can wait until after the game to satisfy my curiosity.)
That2 claimed Vanilla at the start of the DP. We don’t have to guess. I do find that justification odd for a Vanilla.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
Yes.
We already knew that was your claimed justification, but thanks for confirming.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@whiteflame
Oh. I forgot about that. That is a weird justification. A lot of them have been pretty bad, though.
Earth
Earth
-->
@whiteflame
I assumed you forgot.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
Yes, but this is particularly strange, given that the two known Vanillas emphasize the mediocrity of the teams while this emphasizes fan attitudes. Not saying that a given justification cannot be weird, just that I’d expect some consistency with other known Vanilla claims and I’m not seeing it.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
I assumed you forgot.
Made quite plain that I haven’t. Partially explains my current vote.
That2User
That2User
-->
@whiteflame
It has nothing to do with your team’s performance?
That's why they're tortured, because of my team's performance 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Not a lot of activity today. Where is everyone? Do the rest of you live in backwards world where you study and work on the weekends and have the weekdays off?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@That2User
That's why they're tortured, because of my team's performance 
So it specifically references your team’s performance. That would be in line with everyone’s justification so far (mine included) except Earth.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@whiteflame

My justification has to do with perception of the team externally. Actually I will say it. They are "America's team"
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Wylted
What are your thoughts on an Earth lynch?
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Official Vote Count
Earth (3/6) - Speedrace, Whiteflame, SirAnon
MisterChris (2/6) - Wylted, Danielle
Whiteflame (1/6) - That2
That2 (1/6) - MisterChris
Speedrace (1/6) - Greyparrot

That2User
That2User
MYLO would be one mislynch away from losing, not two. 
I'm including this potential mislynch with the MYLO as 2
Why take this chance when we can VTNL?
Unvote
VTNL
That2User
That2User
-->
@whiteflame
So it specifically references your team’s performance. That would be in line 
Yes it is, perception is everything 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
My justification has to do with perception of the team externally. Actually I will say it. They are "America's team"
Alright, so the discrepancy might have more to do with the differences in roles, with how the team and those associated with it (e.g. the fans) are perceived being important for roles that affect voting. In that case, I'll at least say that my issues with Earth's claim don't include his justification, though I still have enough reason to VTL him at the moment.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@whiteflame

Mine is internally focused. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
I don't see why this is such a stalling issue for town. Earth was one step short of being counterclaimed, and his response is nonexistent.

VTL Earth.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Danielle
@Greyparrot
@That2User
@PREZ-HILTON
Let's finish this up while we have time. 
That2User
That2User
Did we all fall asleep?