NFL Mafia [DP2]

Author: Mharman

Read-only
Total: 435
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Although they still get to sweat about whether they would inadvertently commit suicide by targeting me.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@SirAnonymous
If I had that role I would definitely be using it offensively
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Greyparrot
I'll keep my cards of if and how I use it to myself. Let the mafia sweat.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Regarding a potential GP lynch: Town wouldn't lose much from it, since his role is useless and he isn't contributing much. On the other hand, I don't really scumread him. Aside from not claiming his role in his first post, he seems to be playing a fairly standard GP game.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Another point about Earth:
He claims that he doctored Pie last night, and guesses that a strongman or roleblocker nullified his doctoring. At first, this seems very towny, since no scum would want to admit to visiting their NK. However, I don't think it is either towny or scummy. His claims are certainly plausible. But if he were scum, then he could avoid being called out by a possible tracker by just honestly saying that he visited Pie. Since mafia strongmen and roleblockers are so common, no one would think twice about it. Thus, this point doesn't provide much indication about his affiliation.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I'm not sure who I want to lynch this DP. I think there's a higher chance of Earth being scum than anyone else, but I must confess to being terrified to go down that route. I distrust my own reasoning. I think there's a good chance he is town. If he was lynched and flipped town, then I would likely be next, and town would lose.

My read on GP is null. He seems to be playing rather typically. Town would lose little from lynching him, though. I don't like his lynch train, but I don't dislike it either.

Chris is almost certainly town.

That2, badger, and wylted lean town.

Danielle, Speed, and whiteflame are null for me. Speed isn't as active as I like, which isn't a good sign, but may not mean much either.

As I frequently do, I find myself without any good scum reads.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
Ha, it suddenly occurred to me that I didn't even consider whether or not I should character claim. My role's out, so it doesn't much matter. I will if people want me to.
I have thoughts, but I want the full claim with justification first.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@whiteflame
Sure. I am the Arizona Cardinals. My justification, in my opinion, is pretty dumb (No offense meant, Mharman). I am the babysitter because, according to Mharman, the Arizona Cardinals hire a lot of experienced players, making them the retirement home of the NFL.

Does that justification sound almost backwards to you? Because it does to me.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@SirAnonymous
It's okay, apparently, most people like the Dirty Birds.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Regardless of who we want to lynch next DP, we should start by lynching Chris again to make sure he isn't a 1x lynchproof mafioso or something like that.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
-->
@SirAnonymous
That's provided we retain our ML.

As to your Earth reads, they're very good. I went over pretty much everything you did when I read your role claim earlier. Earth's is an extremely convoluted claim if a mafia fake claim, plus he'd have had to fake doc tell for me to read him as such, that or just he got lucky as hell in my readings of the game. The way I see it, any discerning townie should be teaming me and Earth at this point, although I'm still that little bit anxious in suggesting that. 

I also think Greyparrot has begun to towntell.

Really and truly, I'm fucking stumped here and drunk now on top of it. I do not want to NL though. 

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
His claims are certainly plausible. But if he were scum, then he could avoid being called out by a possible tracker by just honestly saying that he visited Pie. Since mafia strongmen and roleblockers are so common, no one would think twice about it. Thus, this point doesn't provide much indication about his affiliation.
+11111
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
I don't know whether to be happy or nervous that one of the best scum players on the site is agreeing with me.
badger
badger
Honestly this is dumb and pointless to even write because we can't but I would lynch MC here lol. This town block cannot be real. Suddenly we have potentially two immortal townies and two sister townies. How does something like that get through crafting? I mean, it's even plausible because of possible oversight where it comes to the hated townie role. This DP is wacky, dumb shit tbh. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@badger
As to your Earth reads, they're very good.
Thanks. I am trying to put some thought into the game, even though I'm not available to post much.

Speedrace
Speedrace
We have like 1.5 days left to do this (also I'm going to be traveling tomorrow so excuse my lack of activity then)

I was already town leaning SirAnon and I 100% buy this claim; particularly not immediately giving his character I find to be VERY town telling (the way mafia reveal their roles is in a kinda all-encompassing way since they spend such a long time thinking about it, so it doesn't make much sense that they wouldn't immediately reveal their character)

On Earth; I already mentioned that I think he's behaviorally scum, and doctor is an easily made fake claim for mafia; I think it could be the case that mafia doesn't have a strongman and then babysitter balances itself out, but two protective roles (especially one that could literally function as a bomb) seems quite overpowered to me, even if it has the potential downside of killing two town

I think this is a good enough reason to VTL Earth since behaviorally he is more scummy than GP and GP's role at least does check out with MC's
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
I don't know whether to be happy or nervous that one of the best scum players on the site is agreeing with me.
lol
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@badger
We should kill speed.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@badger
 This town block cannot be real. 
Yeah. It's making me paranoid of you, Danielle, Speed, Whiteflame, even Wylted. I'm wondering if some of the more experienced players are just skating through an unsuspecting town.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@whiteflame
@badger
What do y'all think
badger
badger
-->
@Greyparrot
I agree. Or Wylted. My reads are turned upside down. Or Whiteflame. 
badger
badger
-->
@SirAnonymous
I figure if Earth flips doc I'm confirmed town tbh. But I'm not about to lynch him for the argument. I also feel like Danielle got and softed some sort of a report on me. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
Regardless of who we want to lynch next DP, we should start by lynching Chris again to make sure he isn't a 1x lynchproof mafioso or something like that.
Yeah, I mentioned something to that effect earlier.

Alright, long story short, I'm buying the claim. It's partially because you waited this long that I am buying it because a) it's not really a CC to Earth's claim, so it doesn't look like an attempt to shift a lynch to him, b) you're not really pushing back on the GP lynch, so you're not trying to derail that lynch, and c) it's just generally an odd claim and a weird time to make it if your goal was to accomplish something with it. Maybe that's part of the point: to provide an innocuous, weird, largely unprovable role (especially since you said you wouldn't use it due to the risk) with a rather odd justification to make yourself look pretty townie with little effort. However, I really don't think that this is a fake claim given to you by the mod, and it's rather odd for scum to point out that they likely only got character claims, since that would make any role claim risky and therefore the weird ones (like babysitter) inherently sus. All of this could be some complex effort to make town more likely to accept a weird claim, but at the moment, I'm having trouble believing that this is some kind of scum end run.

So for now, I'm accepting it, which begs the question: why do we have this stark split between claimed roles? We have a Babysitter and a Lynchproof, the latter of which we have essentially confirmed, neither of which I can recall seeing in too many games on this site. We also have a Hated and a Doctor, the former of which is somewhat common and the latter of which is basically in every game. While the Babysitter role, however flavored, isn't a direct CC to the Doctor, it does make me question whether a Doctor is a necessary addition to this game. We presumably do have another role in this game that affects lynches (WyIted has hinted as much), so it's plausible that we have more than one protective role in this game as well. That being said, I found Earth's justification pretty sus. None of the claims I've seen aside from his have focused their justifications on elements outside of the contents of their teams and the success thereof. Yet, from Earth and Earth alone, we see that the entire basis for his claim focuses not on the players, but on the fans of the team and what they choose to crowdfund. It just doesn't fit. I don't think that's reason enough to lynch him by itself, but especially with all the behavioral oddities, my suspicions with Earth keep piling up.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@badger
I'd lecture you for pointing scum in the direction of a power role, but two have already been claimed, and the mafia would have to be blind bats to not figure it out by POE with all the vanilla claims anyway.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@whiteflame
To be honest, I don't think justifications matter much here. They've been all over the place.
badger
badger
-->
@SirAnonymous
Exactly. Everyone else is going to claim PR. The mafia know who the PRs are. 

Danielle called attention to her addressing me in a post to tell me that I was her strongest townread. That felt like a softed innocent report on me. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@whiteflame
Alright, long story short, I'm buying the claim. It's partially because you waited this long that I am buying it because a) it's not really a CC to Earth's claim, so it doesn't look like an attempt to shift a lynch to him, b) you're not really pushing back on the GP lynch, so you're not trying to derail that lynch, and c) it's just generally an odd claim and a weird time to make it if your goal was to accomplish something with it. Maybe that's part of the point: to provide an innocuous, weird, largely unprovable role (especially since you said you wouldn't use it due to the risk) with a rather odd justification to make yourself look pretty townie with little effort. However, I really don't think that this is a fake claim given to you by the mod, and it's rather odd for scum to point out that they likely only got character claims, since that would make any role claim risky and therefore the weird ones (like babysitter) inherently sus. All of this could be some complex effort to make town more likely to accept a weird claim, but at the moment, I'm having trouble believing that this is some kind of scum end run.
This was a long-winded way of saying, "Sir, you're weird."

I concur.
badger
badger
I've had too many beers to decrypt Whiteflame's posts and figure we should just lynch him. 
badger
badger
This was a long-winded way of saying, "Sir, you're weird."
Thank you. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@badger
First Speed, now whiteflame. Beer seems to make you lynch-happy.