Prayer

Author: rosends

Total: 48
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@rosends
Is there contents in the Torah that are significant and not in the Old Testament Bible?

If what you are saying is true, it sounds like a maybe.
rosends
Debates: 0
rosends
-->
@RationalMadman
"Torah" is a term that is used in different ways in Judaism. Sometimes it refers to the first 5 books, sometimes to the entire written corpus (5 books, prophets and writings, also called the Tanach) sometimes it refers to the oral law, or the entire combination of written and oral law. Sometimes it is a local word pointing to a particular group of laws. But even just in the text of the 5 books there are discussions of both reward and punishment.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I feel so stupid having to ask this now buttttt. 

Prayer. 
It is
( clockwise right hand belly rubs ) 
with
( left hand taps on the top of the head )  hey. ?
Not the other way around. 

My prayers have always been " put "  pretty much like what i would ask a genie for if it come out of a lamp. 
My most popular prayer would be like A million bux. 

I use to pray to god to get me good Christmas presents.
I'm such a selfish prayer er .  It alllllll about what i want.  

I wouldn't go wasting ya prayers on crap like.    Helping others out. 
Prayer for like a remote control car or boat.  

CAN I GET A  AMEN ?

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@rosends

MISS TRADESECRET, whose gender went from a “MAN TO A WOMAN,” and then to “OTHER,” then went to her being 53 years old, then 12 years old, then changed to being 14 years old, Debate Runaway on Jesus' true MO,  Bible denier of Jesus being God in the OT, the runaway to what division of Christianity she follows, the pseudo-christian that has committed the Unpardonable Sin, the number 1 Bible ignorant fool regarding the Noah's Ark narrative, SHE SAYS THAT OFFSPRING THAT CURSE THEIR PARENTS SHOULD BE KILLED, states there is FICTION within the scriptures, and is guilty of Revelation 22:18-19, 2 Timothy 4:3, and 1 Timothy 2:12. She obviously had ungodly Gender Reassignment Surgery, Satanic Bible Rewriter, she goes against Jesus in not helping the poor, teaches Christianity at Universities in a “blind leading the blind” scenario, and is a False Prophet, says that Jesus is rational when He commits abortions and makes His creation eat their children, and that Jesus is rational when He allows innocent babies to be smashed upon the rocks, will not debate me on the Trinity Doctrine or the Virgin Birth, has a myriad of EXCUSES not to answer your questions, and she is "AN ADMITTED SEXUAL DEVIANT!"

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE TO STEPHEN: "In either event,  I am happy to stop being so rude if that it was I was doing."

First thing, you admit that you can't even realize whether you were rude or not.  In the same vein, that I've shown ad infinitum, is the FACT that you don't know you are so GODDAMNED BIBLE STUPID because of the simple fact that you are so Bible stupid to begin with!!!  Get it, huh? Maybe?  You remind me of ROSENDS in equally being Bible stupid of his Jewish god's writings, where he too has to use EXCUSES like Miss Tradesecret does to run away from Jewish biblical fact, as I have easily shown within his thread herein!  

Therefore, the two of you should hold a contest with your blatantly separate religious beliefs, of where the irony is that they are both correct in your thinking, even though they blatantly contradict each other! LOL!

I can see it now, the "ROSENDS & MISS TRADESECRET SHOW," of who is more "Stupider" of their faith and Bibles!"  Brought to you by the membership of DEBATEART Religion forum in seeing which star of the show uses more "spin doctoring," "irrelative hermeneutics," "non relative opinions," "lame girly excuses" or just plain "LYING on a topic in question" to get out of an embarrassing godly situation!   Whereafter, each topic at hand can be voted upon by the membership at a determined end of the contest to see who is more "Religiously Stupider!®️"

Listen, if need be, I can be equal to the famous Don Pardo that was the announcer of "The Price is Right" T.V. show awhile back, okay?  Let me know so my secretary can plan ahead for me, you're welcome.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
In either event,  I am happy to stop being so rude if that it was I was doing. 

And how do Christians like you define the word "defamatory" or "rude", as you like to water t down, Hypocrite!
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
First thing, you admit that you can't even realize whether you were rude or not. 
I didn't think I was being rude.  If Zed think I was rude he can call it.  I was having a light joke with him, so I thought. 

In the case that Zed thinks that what I said was rude, then I will apologize.   

I can't even see why you are discussing it. It has nothing to do with you. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
And how do Christians like you define the word "defamatory" or "rude",
Why do you need to know?  Defaming someone is A publishing a comment about B so that a third party C might see B in a lesser light.

In this case, if I had said something about Zed which might bring his reputation into ill repute that might be considered defamatory.   

My defense in Australia would need to be 2 fold. Firstly, truth and in the public interests for it to be said.    

Of course the other defense I might rely upon - is political expression, humor, or artistic expression. 

My point was that - Zed was clearly coming up with notions that were unrelated to the topic - and my attempt at humor was that the reason for that was drugs.  

Do I really think he is using drugs? It's actually none of my business.  My point was not that he was actually using drugs, but that his response was a little crazy.  

I take the view that Zed has a sense of humor and I was playing to that.   

Rude really is saying something was mean and unnecessary even if true.     

I don't think what I said was mean.  Perhaps it was - and if Zed is offended - then I will apologize.  

59 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends
Judaism views prayer as a necessary component to Jewish practice but it breaks prayer into separate categories. Only one small section of prayer is equated to "ask." Prayers are more often either praise of recognition/thanks (or, in another sense, permission).

A prayer therefore can be structured as "thank you for being you, God" or "I have this obligation to do something so I'm recognizing that I have this obligation" or "I know that the whole world belongs to God so before I do ____ it is important for me to acknowledge that."

That leaves that small section of "please grant me _____" and even those are for more general ideas, not for specific items. Though individuals can add in private requests, we "ask" about big concepts, not things. But even on that level, because asking for big ideas is not appropriate on the Sabbath and holidays, those sections are omitted so the prayer can just be about praise and recognition/thanks.

People outside of Judaism seem to see "askling" as a central and intrinsic part of prayer and they therefore measure their prayer by "getting an answer." But if you see prayer as not about asking, then you don't judge its efficacy by some discernable response.
What do the jews have to be thankful to God for?

The Jews were driven out of their homeland four times.
Four exiles of the Jewish people by the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Medians, the Greeks, and recently under Western rule (Holocaust).
Expecting a messiah to change Jewish history is not on the minds of Jewish people. Accepting Jesus as a messiah is even less rational. Punishing past players is highly unlikely. So the best option is to rewrite Jewish history in a more favourable light.
See The Invention of the Jewish People. shlomo Sand.

“Shlomo Sand argues that most Jews actually descend from converts, whose native lands were scattered far across the Middle East and Eastern Europe. The formation of a Jewish people and then a Jewish nation out of these disparate groups could only take place under the sway of a new historiography, developing in response to the rise of nationalism throughout Europe. Beneath the biblical back fill of the nineteenth-century historians, and the twentieth-century intellectuals who replaced rabbis as the architects of Jewish identity, The Invention of the Jewish People uncovers a new narrative of Israel’s formation, and proposes a bold analysis of nationalism that accounts for the old myths.”

Why would the Jews pray to God to ask for anything?
The Old Testament is the history of the Jewish people and their struggles with their Jewish God.
From the  story of creation followed by Noah’s flood to the destruction of the Holy Temple in 70AD to the Holocaust. No other race has been punished by God more than the Jewish people.

Even Jesus a Jewish Messiah accuse God for forsaking him.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).
rosends
rosends
-->
@Shila
What do the jews have to be thankful to God for?

Many things, including being alive. Unless they're not. But I know that I, for one, am, which is a relief.

The Jews were driven out of their homeland four times.
We are also thankful that we don't see the need to copy and paste the same stuff in a variety of places but instead we thank God that we can think and assess and speak our thoughts without having to regurgitate what we find on wikipedia as if it is revelatory. Maybe some day you can reach that lofty level of internet interaction

Why would the Jews pray to God to ask for anything?

Because, as all comes from God, we hope to get stuff. I guess you never asked anyone for anything and the ice cream magically appeared on the hot summer's day without your having to ask. We believe in asking if there is something like ice cream to be had. Maybe you just don't like ice cream. That would be sad though. Can you please clarify your position on ice cream? Mine is usually sitting.

The Old Testament is the history of the Jewish people and their struggles with their Jewish God.
From the  story of creation followed by Noah’s flood to the destruction of the Holy Temple in 70AD to the Holocaust. No other race has been punished by God more than the Jewish people.
Good thing Jews don't care for the "Old Testament". We have something a bit different which catalogues all sorts of aspects of a complex relationship with God.

Even Jesus a Jewish Messiah accuse God for forsaking him.

Yow -- "Jewish messiah"? Not so much. And quoting from gospels to try and convince a Jew of something? Swing and a miss.

If you don't know stuff, you should ask and try to learn. Oh yeah...you aren't into asking for things.

Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends

If you don't know stuff, you should ask and try to learn. Oh yeah...you aren't into asking for things.
Is that how the Jews justify taking Palestinian land and turning them into Jewish settlements? They just asked each other then prayed for the blessing.

rosends
rosends
-->
@Shila
Is that how the Jews justify taking Palestinian land and turning them into Jewish settlements? They just asked each other then prayed for the blessing.
Jeepers! Who taught you how to troll because you aren't very good at it.
The moment you move from religion into politics you endorse the idea that anti-Zionism is actually anti-Semitism and you make all the other anti-Semites whi try to separate the two ideas look foolish. Poor form, indeed.

And, of course, since your premises are erroneous, your conclusion is fallacious. I'll wait while you look up the big words.
Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends

Jeepers! Who taught you how to troll because you aren't very good at it.
The moment you move from religion into politics you endorse the idea that anti-Zionism is actually anti-Semitism and you make all the other anti-Semites whi try to separate the two ideas look foolish. Poor form, indeed.

And, of course, since your premises are erroneous, your conclusion is fallacious. I'll wait while you look up the big words.
So Jews distinguish between asking for land as prayer and taking it from the Palestinian as political blessings.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Shila
So Jews distinguish between asking for land as prayer and taking it from the Palestinian as political blessings.
Moving into non sequiturs? Bold move. Nonsensical, but bold. Want to try again when you actually have something logical to say?
Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends
Moving into non sequiturs? Bold move. Nonsensical, but bold. Want to try again when you actually have something logical to say?
Are you saying what the Jews are doing to Palestinians are not logical but rather factual?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@rosends
Outted anti-semite troll is just spamming the forum with a bunch of crap and harassing you. They will get tired of this account and go back to their original account soon. 
rosends
rosends
-->
@Shila
Are you saying what the Jews are doing to Palestinians are not logical but rather factual?
No, I didn't say that. But if I had, my grammar would be correct.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I guess so. I'm just killing time toying with the troll. I'll probably get bored before the troll does because I actually have a life ;)
Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends
No, I didn't say that. But if I had, my grammar would be correct.
So what has grammar got to do with jews stealing land from the Palestinians?