January 6th Hearings

Author: Double_R

Total: 655
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Castin
Go to a different thread if you want to discuss those issues. This thread is about hearings which investigate what was arguably the greatest threat to American democracy in the nation's history. If you don't want to talk about that, then you're honestly part of the problem.
The greatest threat to American democracy can’t garner more viewership than a weekly football game. That’s all you need to know about the thoughts of Americans on the issue.

Just don't fuck off from the subforum entirely, because seeing oromagi destroy you gives me a dopamine hit. You're very valuable to me in that regard.
Maybe you should date him.
lady3keys
Debates: 0
lady3keys
-->
@ILikePie5
Americans have short memories in terms of politics. Most people tune out for 2-4 years until it’s time to vote again. How long have we heard “Trump is a threat to democracy?”
Until there is accountability, "Trumpism", even more than Trump, remains a threat to democracy!
Selfishness, self-promoting lies and propaganda lead to autocracy. And what is worse, Trump almost succeeded in overturning a LEGITIMATE ELECTION.

We should all be afraid.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
Until there is accountability, "Trumpism", even more than Trump, remains a threat to democracy! 
Selfishness, self-promoting lies and propaganda lead to autocracy. And what is worse, Trump almost succeeded in overturning a LEGITIMATE ELECTION.

We should all be afraid.
Tell that to your average American who can’t afford gas and see if they care.
Castin
Castin
I have to go order pizza and this thread will probably have two more pages by the time I get back.

By the way, I know a spell which summons Lady3Keys from the Twitterverse, very similar to Greyparrot's spell which summons ILikePie5 when he is in distress. I was like, fuck it, if he can summon allies why not me.

FLRW
FLRW

Well, clearly lady3keys is Intelligent Man.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Castin
By the way, I know a spell which summons Lady3Keys from the Twitterverse, very similar to Greyparrot's spell which summons ILikePie5 when he is in distress. I was like, fuck it, if he can summon allies why not me.
Lmfaooo you think GP summoned me 💀. Bring all the “allies” you want. We could care less
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
LMAO. If bullshit attracts flies, then call me Lucilia sericata.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
LMAO. If bullshit attracts flies, then call me Lucilia sericata.
Liz Cheney gave her constituents a big fat middle finger and f you when she impeached Trump and decided to sit on the J6 committee
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
-->@oromagi
We can  agree that you don't know why.
I mean you’re the one comparing football to a “groundbreaking affront to democracy, not me.”

No.  You said the rating were terrible when in fact they were comparable to the best weekly television ratings.  We agree that you are incapable of the insight required to wonder why you lie Trump instinctively.

lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@ILikePie5
4.  Not wanting to participate at all, and yet still wanting to derail the committee, Kevin McCarthy submitted names with an OBVIOUS CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
What? Like who and how? 
Nancy rejected only two of the candidates, namely Jim Jordan and Jim Banks. Kevin McCarthy then withdrew ALL names.

Adam Kinsinger and Liz Cheney agreed to participate despite Kevin's refusal to participate. 

I suppose I would be skeptical of a committee that was all Republican except for Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema. So I understand why you scoff.

But you simply cannot scheme to overturn a valid election, still lying in the face of over 60 court rulings, and expect to get away with it.

I will have lost ALL faith in our democracy if Trump is not held to account. And, at this point, I am certainly not holding my breath!

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Liz Cheney gave her constituents a big fat middle finger and f you when she impeached Trump and decided to sit on the J6 committee

I heard they hired a professional Hollywood director to produce the hearings. Professional gaslighting.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
No.  You said the rating were terrible when in fact they were comparable to the best weekly television ratings.  We agree that you are incapable of the insight required to wonder why you lie Trump instinctively.
You’re implying that democracy was just as important as a football game lol
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
In a postmodern world run by Marxists, every Democracy is sacrosanct, even Russia's and Venezuela's Democracy.

There are no standards that can be evaluated with "whataboutisms"
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
Nancy rejected only two of the candidates, namely Jim Jordan and Jim Banks. Kevin McCarthy then withdrew ALL names.
Would you like to elaborate on how that’s a conflict of interest? It is unprecedented to reject committee candidates of the minority party. Pelosi did it anyways. 

Adam Kinsinger and Liz Cheney agreed to participate despite Kevin's refusal to participate. 
Cheney went against the wishes of her constituents. Both will not be in Congress next year either lol. Success. Kinzinger is scared. Cheney is more popular among Dems than GOP in WY last time I checked lol

I suppose I would be skeptical of a committee that was all Republican except for Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema. So I understand why you scoff.

But you simply cannot scheme to overturn a valid election, still lying in the face of over 60 court rulings, and expect to get away with it.
They didn’t even properly hear the cases lol. SCOTUS denying certiorari based on lack of standing is probably the grandest of them. I don’t blame them though. They were afraid of what they’d find if they allowed stuff to be opened up.

I will have lost ALL faith in our democracy if Trump is not held to account. And, at this point, I am certainly not holding my breath!
I’ll bet you 10 bucks nothing happens to Trump lmfao. Nothing has happened for 6 years and counting.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I heard they hired a professional Hollywood director to produce the hearings. Professional gaslighting.
That they did. A partisan hack I’m sure.
Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
Was the election stolen or not, I don't know, nor does it interest me. I'm more concerned with the future of the Republican party and the future nomination. I think casting doubt on the election results is just a more partisan tactic used by both sides, and no party is particularly absolved of such. 
Novice_II
Novice_II
I don't see any utility in a continuous focus on the events of January 6th. I do see utility in a nationwide condemnation of the BLM movement that was over a thousand times more destructive. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Novice_II
I do see utility in a nationwide condemnation of the BLM movement that was over a thousand times more destructive. 
How dare you engage in whataboutism. That’s banned from this thread
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@ILikePie5

We should all be afraid.
Tell that to your average American who can’t afford gas and see if they care.
If you honestly feel this way, that is just sad. And if millions feel this way, then I am greatly saddened.

Our problems with inflation are real. But they are in large part due to Putin's war, which came on the heels of the COVID epidemic.

Seditious intentions (i.e. TFG), could mean an end to our democratic Republic. I, for one, do not wish to live in a society where decency and "the greater good" no longer have a voice. 

In this country, democracy is the foundation upon which everything else sits, even inflation. So if no one cares about sedition, we are all in a sorry state.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
If you honestly feel this way, that is just sad. And if millions feel this way, then I am greatly saddened. 
You feeling saddened isn’t going to do anything about the pain Americans are feeling.

Our problems with inflation are real. But they are in large part due to Putin's war, which came on the heels of the COVID epidemic.
You really believe this? Even if this is true, the government has various resources to combat inflation. Fiscal policy and monetary policy. Economics 101.

Seditious intentions (i.e. TFG), could mean an end to our democratic Republic. I, for one, do not wish to live in a society where decency and "the greater good" no longer have a voice. 
Who wants to prevent you from having a voice? It ain’t the GOP for sure.

In this country, democracy is the foundation upon which everything else sits, even inflation. So if no one cares about sedition, we are all in a sorry state.
Democracy is of, by, and for the people. The job of the government is to serve the people, not engage in partisan witch-hunts.
FLRW
FLRW
Barr sat down with a reporter from the Associated Press on Dec. 1 and explained that no observable rampant fraud had occurred. Predictably, Trump soon demanded to speak to Barr.
“You didn’t have to say this,” Barr says Trump told him. “You must have said this because you hate Trump. You hate Trump.”
Then, Barr says, he told Trump that his assertions about a surge in votes in Detroit were meritless.

OMG, Greyparrot has been coaching Trump.

Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@ILikePie5
About that, this appears to be something else some people I read previously do not understand in this thread. There is a difference between a whataboutism, and issuing priority.

From what I see, the conservative side of this thread isn't deflecting from issues, but critisizing the hyperfixation upon a specific issue as insignificant to the greater American predicament. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
How dare you engage in whataboutism. That’s banned from this thread
Whataboutism rationality is kryptonite to a postmodern standardless Marxist.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@ILikePie5
I’ll bet you 10 bucks nothing happens to Trump lmfao. Nothing has happened for 6 years and counting.
On this point, at least, we agree. I doubt very much that anything will happen to this man, if for no other reason than the fact he was President.

Unfortunately, he has empowered a whole line of conmen who now know they can do whatever they want, lie about it, repeat that lie ad nauseum, and become more popular than ever. This is the power of the SNAKE-OIL SALESMAN!

REAL GOVERNING IS NOT EASY. It is about what is good for the people - even if it doesn't taste as good as something easily peddled to the masses.

Trump successfully speaks only to people's emotions. But fairness in law is done in a dispassionate and deliberate way, a logical and methodical way not immediately appreciated by most people.

Sigh ...

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
Trump successfully speaks only to people's emotions. But fairness in law is done in a dispassionate and deliberate way, a logical and methodical way not immediately appreciated by most people.
How hard would it be for the Democrats to have a committee hearing on inflation and lie to the people about that?

It is about what is good for the people - even if it doesn't taste as good as something easily peddled to the masses.
Like the green energy snake oil?
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@FLRW
Barr sat down with a reporter from the Associated Press on Dec. 1 and explained that no observable rampant fraud had occurred. Predictably, Trump soon demanded to speak to Barr.
“You didn’t have to say this,” Barr says Trump told him. “You must have said this because you hate Trump. You hate Trump.”
Then, Barr says, he told Trump that his assertions about a surge in votes in Detroit were meritless.

OMG, Greyparrot has been coaching Trump.

😅🤣😂 Sooooo funny!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
On this point, at least, we agree. I doubt very much that anything will happen to this man, if for no other reason than the fact he was President.
Or because of the fact that he did nothing wrong.

Unfortunately, he has empowered a whole line of conmen who now know they can do whatever they want, lie about it, repeat that lie ad nauseum, and become more popular than ever. This is the power of the SNAKE-OIL SALESMAN!
I’m sure a lot of people are regretting those mean tweets right now.

REAL GOVERNING IS NOT EASY. It is about what is good for the people - even if it doesn't taste as good as something easily peddled to the masses.
Like keeping gas below 3 dollars?

You’d be surprised how many promises he has kept.

Sigh ...
Only 2.5 more years of Joe
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Only 2.5 more years of Joe 
And .5 years for Rhinos and Pelosi.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I’m sure a lot of people are regretting those mean tweets right now.
Facebook allows certain mean tweets as long as you hate the politically correct people.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
A NFL football coach just got fined 100,000 dollars for suggesting BLM riots were more damaging to everyday Americans than Jan 6.

Cancel culture is the sandbox of a Marxist.