January 6th Hearings

Author: Double_R

Total: 655
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
Nope! I'm talking about people like Jeffrey Bezos and Elon Musk -- and their corporations that have somehow been deemed to have "corporate personhood".
If you have a problem with Citizens United, you’re welcome to go to the Supreme Court and get it overturned. I’m all for trust busting Big Tech tho
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
4 pages in and not one post from a Trump supporter actually talking about the evidence
What evidence? I see no evidence about who was to blame for why the capitol had only 200 officers to protect it. If Democracy was so important to Pelosi, why did she not defend the Capitol?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
So ironically you support preserving Democracy by allowing the incarceration of political opposition. Brilliant.
Allowing the political opposition to blatantly violate the law and then hide behind politics as if it were a sheild is every bit as partisan, and far worse. It's not the DOJ's fault that half the country is too stupid to realize that justice is about facts and not what team everyone plays for.

Bit this is what happens when we elect a narcissistic, vile, immature, ignoramus as our president. Turns out the implications are far more serious than tax cuts.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Fun fact, the Superbowl had 8 times more security than the Capitol. Guess we know what is really important to our Leaders.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Turns out the implications are far more serious than tax cuts.
Or cheap gas.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Castin
This has been such a worthwhile exchange.
Well, I tried to make it worthwhile by discussing things the things that people were pointing to in the trials. However, at this point I can agree this conversation isn't worthwhile, especially since my biggest point about the texts was ignored. I've done my part here. If you want to make this discussion more worthwhile, provide actual evidence of a conspired insurrection. Until then, we can agree to your mutual indifference towards each other's opinions.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Double_R
4 pages in and not one post from a Trump supporter actually talking about the evidence or explaining why they would vote for him again despite the fact that the man literally tried to overthrow the United States government.
You say it like it's 100% absolute Donald Trump did what you are saying he did. We are 4 pages in and I have seen no one provide actual evidence for a conspired insurrection despite my efforts to discuss the evidence.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
They got Blumpf this time. No way he comes out of this. 
Oh, no! Not Donald Trudnvropihebfnvoushdbiouvsdnoiunovrvruvmumpf!!!
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Even Democrats that voted for Biden think this is just political theatre to distract from present failures.
It is. That doesn't change the fact that Trump and everyone who conspired to reject the peaceful transfer of power should be disqualified from office let alone considered a frontrunner in future elections. The price of gas has nothing to do with the crimes of conspiracy and sedition. As someone who complains about whataboutism all the time, the desperate red herring of bringing it up whenever Jan 6 comes up  should be really obvious to you. 

I don't plan on wasting my time talking about markets with Trump tards here though so this will probably be my last post.  I just wanted to point out how dumb and dishonest they are for at the very least not mentioning Trump's position on  the pandemic checks when they bring up the red herring of inflation in response to his  disregard for the constitution they pretend to care about so much. 

So ironically you support preserving Democracy by allowing the incarceration of political opposition. Brilliant.
Uh, no. I support the Jan 6 hearings assisting with the prosecution of Trump, Giuliani, et. al. not because they're "political opposition" but because they're guilty of the crimes they're being charged with. And if they weren't guilty then the evidence presented at the hearings wouldn't matter now would it. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
Sounds like millions of Americans disagree with you.

Wow, I must be wrong then.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Jan 6 comes up  should be really obvious to you. 
Considering this political theatre is by definition a "red-herring," that was a funny comment.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
I don't plan on wasting my time talking about markets with Trump tards here.
And every Elected Democrat feels the same way and will continue to feel that way up until they lose their seats Nov 2022.

There will be no committee on inflation. Not this year.
Apparently, focus group polls show they can't make Drumphles look bad by talking about what the Democrats can or cannot do to help Americans. Even with a Hollywood Director. So no, Trumptards and Bidentards won't be exposed to the evidence where Trump was wrong about shutting down the country or encouraging the Fed to print more dollars than the GDP could handle.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
This thread is reason #37 why I am not a Republican, despite being very much on the right.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
This thread is reason #37 why I am not a Republican, despite being very much on the right.
You’re a RINO so 💀
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
Um, no, I'm not. A RINO is a Reblican In Name Only. I am simply not a Republican, period.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Um, no, I'm not. A RINO is a Reblican In Name Only. I am simply not a Republican, period.
Ah but you were 💀
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@SirAnonymous
The Republican Party has grown to be more and more frustrating to me. Right now I consider myself one, but my philosophy is more Libertarian than most Republicans. I have thought about the Libertarian Party, but they are simply not as conservative as I am. I took an ISideWith test and my closest result was the Constitution Party; however, the chances of them pulling any elections are less than the odds of someone creating a perfect March Madness bracket.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
First of all, I don't recall ever saying whether I used to be a Republican. However, I don't see how it matters. Calling me a RINO is like calling you a DINO. You aren't a DINO because you're not a Democrat. I am not a RINO because I am not a Republican.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Mharman
The problem with the Libertarian Party isn't libertarianism; the problem is the libertarians.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@SirAnonymous
I could honestly say the same about the Republicans.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
My thoughts:

1. Since the two weeks before Biden's inauguration, all we've been hearing is that it was definitely an "insurrection". By this we see the oligarchs' double standard at work: those whom they've lent the credence of "legitimate" political protesters have a respected right to demonstrate, even if it gets messy and controversial at times. But those who represent supposedly illegitimate causes get no leeway whatsoever. It doesn't matter that the Capitol stormers killed nobody. It got messy and the protesters were Republicans, and they must be punished for arrogantly assuming that they have the same constitutional right to protest as Democrats. If anyone on scene was killed by police or committed suicide afterward, it must be falsely conflated with the Capitol stormers having murdered them. And if any Capitol stormer committed a murder (which they didn't), every member of the crowd must be collectively punished. Every oligarch mouthpiece will parrot these lies.

2. Ever since the January 6 witch hunt began, we've seen frightening and historically unprecedented developments occur which resemble a gradual coup d'etat. For example, the invocation of 14th Amendment clauses to deny public office to sitting Congressmen or Congressional candidates who were lawfully elected thereto, and/or the criminal denial of their right to run for reelection.

3. Rule of law has eroded more sharply from January 6, 2021 to the present day than it did from the 2020 election until January 6, 2021. If Trump deserves to be punished for his role, then so do a huge number of Senate and House Democrats, and possibly Biden himself.

4. The January 6 hearings amount to the appropriation of Congressional time and resources, public tax dollars if you would, for the dissemination of partisan propaganda. There's nothing illegal about that, of course, but it's hard to take the panel as a serious body with a serious reason to exist.

5. In all likelihood, Trump will be the nominee for America's right-leaning party in the 2024 election. We've yet to see strong evidence contesting this fact. The only Republican actually considered to have a chance at beating Trump, Ron DeSantis, isn't really all that popular. There's no reason to consider any action by the federal government to bar Trump from running again as anything other than a mass electoral suppression scheme by one major party against the other.
If this happens, America will be functionally indistinguishable from a one-party state. There would be no further reason to consider this hypothetical version of the USFG a legitimate government over America's 330,000,000 citizens.

6. Most Democrats and most Republicans are in agreement that the actions of the crowd on January 6, 2021 were distasteful. But if the incident continues to be used as a brute cudgel against the Republican Party, then I will sooner call the Capitol stormers heroes and patriots.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
First of all, I don't recall ever saying whether I used to be a Republican.
You don’t have to lol. It’s pretty obvious.

However, I don't see how it matters. Calling me a RINO is like calling you a DINO. You aren't a DINO because you're not a Democrat. I am not a RINO because I am not a Republican.
Semantics. You aren’t one right now. You used to be one though. I’m reasonably confident of that. You were the type of Republican that would be classified as a RINO right now

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Swagnarok
Most Democrats and most Republicans are in agreement that the actions of the crowd on January 6, 2021 were distasteful. But if the incident continues to be used as a brute cudgel against the Republican Party, then I will sooner call the Capitol stormers heroes and patriots.
Well said
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
I'd be curious to see how many reasons you can give for me being a RINO that don't have anything to do with Trump.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
I'd be curious to see how many reasons you can give for me being a RINO that don't have anything to do with Trump.

I mean, there’s a reason Romney lost
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
And that has what to do with me?

Can you give any reasons why I would be a RINO that have nothing to do with Trump?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
And that has what to do with me?

Can you give any reasons why I would be a RINO that have nothing to do with Trump?
What does Trump have anything to do with you being a RINO?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
Trump, and the Republican Party's continued support of him and his worst inclinations, is the only reason I am not a Republican. So, everything.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Trump, and the Republican Party's continued support of him and his worst inclinations, is the only reason I am not a Republican. So, everything.
So you were a RINO. If you’re a Romney/Cheney Republican like the “old” days, you’re out of touch with the people. That’s why Romney lost. 

Sure, you support policies that benefit only the establishment and elites. You all routinely cave on key issues like guns and healthcare.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
 If you’re a Romney/Cheney Republican like the “old” days
How do you define a Romney/Cheney Republican? They are not the same type of Republican. Cheney is further right than Romney. If you're referring to neoconservatism, that is still very common in the Republican party. That would hardly make me a RINO.
Sure, you support policies that benefit only the establishment and elites.
What does that even mean? What "establishment"? Trump is the Republican party establishment.
You all routinely cave on key issues like guns and healthcare.
Can you point to any examples of me caving on guns and healthcare?

Do you have any specifics that make me a RINO? Surely you have more reasons than lumping me into vague generalities.