Leftists on DART

Author: rbelivb

Total: 53
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@Intelligence_06
You very well may be correct that it's pure chance. I would still guess that it's pure chance leading to a snowball effect because, even though the focus of the site is on debates, if leftists are less inclined to post on the forums because it's mostly rightists, it perpetuates the fact it's mostly rightists. But I'm mostly just guessing, honestly.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Intelligence_06
I suppose to me, the left wants to give privileges to people who don't need or deserve them,
And take away privileges from people who need or deserve them.
But that's vague of me.
Hm, Google. . .

"Ideological groupings. Generally, the left-wing is characterized by an emphasis on "ideas such as freedom, equality, fraternity, rights, progress, reform and internationalism" while the right-wing is characterized by an emphasis on "notions such as authority, hierarchy, order, duty, tradition, reaction and nationalism" ..."
Left–right political spectrum - Wikipedia

Eh, in the 'general Left,
I see people who are opposed to family values, who'd rather the government educate their kids more than themselves, take away guns from the citizens, encourage internationalism and immigration so that cultural values of America are destroyed, increase taxes, number of bleeding heart causes and expectation I share their opinion on said causes (Make me go to sensitivity training will you), 'force people to bake cakes for weddings they consider immoral.

The Right, vote on more a state by state basis, number of laws that divide a fair bit based on values, leave people alone in their private lives.

Course this is a 'poor perspective of either side, I get that.

Personally I'd say Fascism is 'Far Right Wing, though that doesn't go with my earlier description, my description being more complaints I have against the Left, than what I think of the Right, Right has plenty of problems, but I view those problems more as problems with the 'individuals, than the Right.
Though Right 'is known for Authority.

I also think that a lot of people on the Left end up going 'so far Left, they end up on the far Right, as if the Left and Right Spectrum is a circle, rather than a line.

Personally you come off to me as Right wing, Intelligence_06,
I don't mean that as a good or bad thing,
But I don't remember long past conversations or posts with you much,
And in recent conversations, I haven't been able to get a read much on your beliefs, values, ideologies.

But you seem to support your country and it's authority over it's people strongly, don't 'seem to like religion much in general,
Only conversation way back I recall, was something about trouble with other people in school, I 'think,
You've an extensive number of topics and posts, on DART, just none come to mind much, 'this moment for me,
I'm rambling.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Lemming
I also think that a lot of people on the Left end up going 'so far Left, they end up on the far Right, as if the Left and Right Spectrum is a circle, rather than a line.
Agreed. The too-far left and right are hated by everyone except themselves.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
The Right, vote on more a state by state basis, number of laws that divide a fair bit based on values, leave people alone in their private lives.
No, "the right" certainly does not "leave people alone in their private lives"
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
Example?

I'm not saying there 'isn't an example, several come to my mind, but I'm curious what's on yours
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
I'm not saying there 'isn't an example, several come to my mind, but I'm curious what's on yours
Wickard v. Filburn
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't care for that ruling, myself.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
I don't care for that ruling, myself.
and "the right" has never done anything to fix it
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
Yeah, I'd rather my conversations be private as well.
Danielle
Danielle
Right-wingers at me: Despite you being an advocate of private property, free speech, free markets, free trade, gun rights, school choice, private health insurance and defunding the most expensive public institutions, you're a leftist!

Me: If those positions don't make me a right-winger, then what positions do?

Them: Oh, you know the ones...

lol
coal
coal
-->
@3RU7AL
Wickard v. Filburn
Wickard v. Filburn was egregiously wrong, at every level that a case could be wrong. 

The facts of that case should nauseate any decent thinking person.  In that case, a meager, small-time farmer in rural Ohio who owned a miniscule plot of land (literally, only 12 acres) was fined for violating a law passed by congress called the "Agricultural Adjustment Act." 

In plain English, the farmer grew more wheat than bureaucrats thought he should be allowed to grow.  So they fined him, made him destroy his crops and wasted the commodity, at a time when people were starving and only beginning to recover from the Great Depression that was already prolonged by Roosevelt's economic illiteracy and a wash of other, similarly misguided, "progressive economic reforms."  

According to the Supreme Court, "[t]he wheat industry ha[d] been a problem . . . for some years.  Largely as a result of increased foreign production and import restrictions" declines in "annual exports . . . left a large surplus in production which in connection with an abnormally large supply of wheat and other grains caused congestion in a number of markets."   

The Agricultural Adjustment Act is a textbook example of legislative stupidity.  The Act imposed limits on production that were based on the arbitrary whims of incompetent regulators, disguised under the pretext of yield forecasts.  The idea was that by capping the amount any individual wheat farmer could produce, supply would be restricted and prices would stabilize.  The Act failed to achieve that purpose, as you might have imagined.

Before this case, there was a clear limit on the scope of commercial activity subject to federal regulation.  Before, the Commerce Clause's reach was cut off at intrastate commerce, meaning commercial activity that occurred solely within a single state.  This case vitiated that limit.  After, the Commerce Clause's reach allowed regulation of intrastate commerce that had a "substantial economic effect" on interstate commerce.  Thus began a new era of federal legislative overreach.

Essentially anything had a "substantial economic effect" on interstate commerce.  Apparently, even a single rural Ohio farmer growing wheat on his 12-acre plot of land to feed his family was not immune from the national legislature's reach.  And the national legislature demanded that the farmer be fined for growing more than Congress in its infinite wisdom determined was proper. 

Stalin would be proud.  

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@coal
The facts of that case should nauseate any decent thinking person.
100%
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
Or better, what exactly is "left" and "right"? Who are we comparing it to?

D Trumpet is good reference point. 60 some odd million voted for the narcissistic, who told more lies and false narrative than any other president in history.

He should have been put in prisons years ago, yet he gets voted in as president of USA and he states then... " who would have thunk '....

USA one of the richest nations in world elect this  as there president. USA has issues, that, appear to me, to be getting worse, not better.

How to change to a better { unified } world without such having to be resultant of violent revolution i.e. mind { intelligence } over brain { brawn }.

All animals have a brain, but humans have most access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@ebuc
Reference? D. Trump is obviously a rightist to most people, so I don't think this is a working reference frame.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
Reference? D. Trump is obviously a rightist to most people, so I don't think this is a working reference frame.

So what you want is point of center reference point? I thought you were just asking for a reference point.

A point of center, now who would that be?  I read couple years back Jane Fonda was now a Christian, to whatever degree.

How about governor of MI, as she was on hit list of men who were going to kidnap and/or kill her.

Lebanon Kansas is geographical center of USA. http://www.kansastravel.org/geographicalcenter.htm

Center of Asia R P Feynman wanted to go visit but died too soon https://www.farwestchina.com/travel/urumqi/center-of-asia/

There exists no geographical center to Earth surface { spherical }.
rbelivb
Debates: 1
rbelivb
-->
@Danielle
Right-wingers at me: Despite you being an advocate of private property, free speech, free markets, free trade, gun rights, school choice, private health insurance and defunding the most expensive public institutions, you're a leftist!

Me: If those positions don't make me a right-winger, then what positions do?

Them: Oh, you know the ones...

lol
I think there is actually a new consensus forming of pro-government anti-immigration which is basically the consolidation of an interventionist welfare state around an ethnic group. It is a configuration with a long history and there is nothing really contradictory about it. But it's very doubtful that those people taking this perspective are fully aware of what they are buying into.
sadolite
sadolite
The sole purpose of political labels is to demonize and marginalize opposing points of view and people.  They are a (insert political label) , that's the bad guy.  That's why I don't identify with any political ideology. You are only as good as its worst tyrant if you do. Your political labels are just that, yours.  You are no position to label anyone anything, lest you be ready to be mislabeled yourself and accept it.
rbelivb
Debates: 1
rbelivb
-->
@sadolite
The sole purpose of political labels is to demonize and marginalize opposing points of view and people.  They are a (insert political label) , that's the bad guy.  That's why I don't identify with any political ideology. You are only as good as its worst tyrant if you do. Your political labels are just that, yours.  You are no position to label anyone anything, lest you be ready to be mislabeled yourself and accept it.
Sounds like something a right-winger would say.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@rbelivb
Point proven LOL The right and left are the same thing. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
#48 & #50

Well stated.

The more complex data processing organism has developed a fondness for processing data more complexly different but the same.

Left, right  let's all run round in circles.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
Both sides of the spectrum claim to solve social and economic problems with their policies. Yet here we are the same fucking results no matter who holds office And three times more debt. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Well money is a fantasy God concept even more powerful than the fantasy God concept.

Money commands total adherence and it's worship dictates social structure.

For sure society can be regarded as a "spectrum" dictated by inherent ability.

Though politics is just this circular revolving thing based upon unachievable promises.