Beavis and Butthead

Author: Reece101

Total: 13
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
How the hell is it funny? I have no freaking clue. Is it a generational thing?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Reece101
As someone who grew up during the MTV era and watched some of the show... it's really just stupid fun, and for me at least, it got old fast. I watched both movies and, yeah, they're really just bigger versions of the same thing. There's something fun about seeing how the "normal" people around these two react to them, but that's really all there is to it. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Incompetence can be funny, such as a scene where Beavis is 'cooking burgers, and one just see's them half-hardy strewn across a grill, some at odd angles of atop of one another, no way they'd cook right.
It's also funny because one get's the idea that the two 'think this is the right way to cook.

Odd mannerisms, timing,
Funny faces, odd voices, mismatched timing can be funny.

Manners ill matched to a scene,
Characters behaving as one wouldn't expect, such as when the 'normal people suddenly find something funny and do the odd laugh.
Bait and switch.

The series has funny moments.
Lot of it is low brow humor though.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Reece101
Funniness is subjective. I find myself very funny. hHAHhhahhHAHhaHHAAhaHHhaHAh.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
Beavis and Butthead were amusing parodies of over-hormonic, teenage stupidity.

The U.S. is good at cartoon based, self-deprecation.....Homer, Family Guy etc.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Oh, sorry, I thought the topic was about Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan.
Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan's appearance on Fox News has sparked comparisons to cartoon characters Beavis and Butt-Head, from the TV show of the same name.
The U.S. representatives for Florida and Ohio, respectively, have been compared to the teenaged delinquents by Twitter users, who have even taken to editing Beavis' hair and Butt-Head's shirt onto the politicians.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@whiteflame
As someone who grew up during the MTV era and watched some of the show... it's really just stupid fun, and for me at least, it got old fast. I watched both movies and, yeah, they're really just bigger versions of the same thing. There's something fun about seeing how the "normal" people around these two react to them, but that's really all there is to it. 
I never really liked it either during its original run. My father regulated what my siblings and I watched when we were children, and that was one we didn't mind not watching. I think "King of the Hill" was the better of Mike Judge's animations.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Athias
I think "King of the Hill" was the better of Mike Judge's animations. 
No contest, completely agree. Watched a lot more King of the Hill, liked it a lot more. Hear they’re planning to do more of it after aging up the characters? 
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@whiteflame
Hear they’re planning to do more of it after aging up the characters? 
No, I didn't. That's great news. I would love to see Hank 12+ years older. And even though Bobby would be a grown man, it's kind of hard to imagine anyone other than the late Brittany Murphy voicing him. Nevertheless, it's a revival I readily anticipate. Any news on the platform on which they plan to release?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Athias
Excited as well. Details are slim, so no word yet on where it will be released. Hulu or FOX are probably most likely.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Gaetz is an alien....Without a doubt.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
It is absolutely a generational thing. Bevis and Butthead was before smart phones, the internet, and the endlessly offended by everything culture of today.  I would not expect anyone born after that time to get Bevis and Butthead or why its funny. Don't take it personally, its no different than my generation not getting millennial tastes in music. I cant listen to any music  written after 1990. 

16 days later

FLRW
FLRW