Who is the BesT debater in this cite.

Author: Username1

Total: 122
Username1
Debates: 4
Username1
Disregarding the leaderboard which can be manipulated by noob snipers, whos the actual best debater here. Like whos best at debating, logic and just beating opponents. Every one submit who they think are their top 4 debaters here. 
ComputerNerd
Debates: 15
ComputerNerd
-->
@Username1
1. Ragnar
2. whiteflame
3. RationalMadman
4. Bones

Just my personal opinion, might change whiteflame with some other inactive debater but I'm just going by who I believe is the best from my vantage.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Username1
One without a girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever, no social life and no pressing work or home commitments.

Only joking.

But if the cap fits as they say.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
One without a girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever, no social life and no pressing work or home commitments.
That is me. I am single(not ashamed of that though). If there is anything else I like to do better, I simply would not go on DART every single day and chat with random people on the other side of the planet.

Sadly, I am nowhere close to the top 4 debaters on the site. I was at one time over a year ago in terms of rating score, but that is just because someone is keep instigating and challenging me absurd topics for fun.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@ComputerNerd
Thanks for the mention ;)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Username1
At farming winrate and rating:

1. Oromagi
  2. Barney
  3. Ramshutu
  4. RationalMadman (Benjamin closely behind)
Throw them into any side on any debate:

1. Whiteflame
  2. Barney
  3. Blamonkey
  4. RationalMadman (Semperfortis closely behind)
Tournament beasts, with only well-known topics but sides forced:

1. Blamonkey
  2. Benjamin
  3. Whiteflame
  4. Barney

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ComputerNerd
When you say Ragnar, you mean Barney now btw.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
The problem with a top 4 is not who to include, but who to exclude. I would say:
1. Whiteflame
2. Blamonkey
3. Barney (formerly Ragnar)
4. MisterChris

I haven't read any of Bones's debates, so he might qualify. I am only counting users who have logged on somewhat recently, which is why Ramshutu and semperfortis have been excluded.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@SirAnonymous
Cool cool, try vsing me then
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@RationalMadman
You would most likely destroy me. There is a reason I didn't put myself on the list. The reason you are not on it isn't because you aren't good enough. At your best, you are probably better than Chris. The reason I didn't put you in the top 4 is because you aren't consistent. You sometimes put in only the bare minimum effort. While that's quite understandable, given how many debates you take, it does mean that your average debate isn't as high quality as one of Chris's average debates. That's not in any way an attack on you or your debating skills, but it does affect my rather subjective and inexpertly judged list.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
  1. RationalMadman
  2. Whiteflame
  3. Barney
  4. Tejretics
  5. misterchris
  6. bsh1
  7. semperfortis

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
I enjoy Dart too, usually before breakfast, but have far too much else to do in a day, so there is never enough time to dedicate to serious debating.

And I'm getting older, so sitting up until the early hours is no longer an option.

Regards.

Zed.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Definitely not me lol
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Who is the best debater on this site? Answer is top four leaderboard. They simply know how the site works and how to manipulate people into voting them(or in the special case of RM, spamming so much debates and actually responding to almost all so he always wins enough).

Who is the best debater that happens to own an account on Dart? Idk. I think it is foolish to compare apples to hazelnuts to truck bolts. Everyone debates differently but each one works.

...Alright I will do it.
  • Whiteflame
  • Ragnar/Barney
  • Oromagi
  • Rationalmadman

Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
Let me make some, what I believe to be, imperative corrections to people's lists.

Firstly oromagi is not a good debater. In fact, if you observe his history it's a collection of victories over people on the merits of forfeits, extremely unfair resolutions, or just people who pose no significant challenge including trolls or users that aren't talking the competition seriously. Now in the advent that he does have a genuine challenge he looses, almost always. 

Second, Ragnar is not a good debater, in any capacity. Now as I previously stated, I am not extremely keen on speaking on the user (based on underlying issues with him that I can't deductively parse) but I will ascribe similar issues to the previous individual to him as well. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Novice_II
They are technically good debaters, they just don't use full power all the time.
thett3
thett3
The best debaters on DDO in the last few years were easily: 

1) bluesteel 

*sizable gap*

2) Raisor 
3) whiteflame 

Whiteflame is the only one on DART and I haven’t seen anyone else here that would be comparable to him so I would say whiteflame is the best 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
that's not even a hot take, it's a pitiful display of ignorance and bias. Stay blinkered, we've moved on from your 'old glory ddo days'.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
Who on dart do you think could beat bluesteel?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Danielle
100% Danielle
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
simp
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Me, whiteflame, blamonkey, Barney, ramshutu, oromagi, bones, misterchris, you, benjamin, wylted if he actually tryhards and a few others.

Danielle and Coal would beat him if it was politics but not in philosophy.

Zaradi and bluesteel would pick the same side on most topics and zaradi is super inactive here to call him a DART member.

Bluesteel abused the same voting base that mikal did, both are mediocre.
Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
-->
@Intelligence_06
They are technically good debaters, they just don't use full power all the time.
  • Irrespective of their output in different situations, I am stating that oromagi is not a good debater at all. You are a better debater than oromagi. Now Ragnar may be slightly better than him, but neither individual is particularly good. 
  • Currently, oromagi should have 4 losses (just from what I have seen), and he only has two. Those four losses are/have been his only genuine challenges so as expressed, you can expect him to loose any real test he has. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Novice_II
Dunno about Oromagi, but he simply singlehandedly changed the way I see debating. I will never forget how I was smashed to pieces with his way of debating that I tried mimicking him for months until I got used to it and no longer depended on it.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
Me, whiteflame, blamonkey, Barney, ramshutu, oromagi, bones, misterchris, you, benjamin, wylted if he actually tryhards and a few others.
I never officially debated him but we had lots of private informal debates in PMs. There weren’t any judges but I definitely felt like he was mopping the floor with me most of the time 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
That is your feeling. I said you today, not years ago necessarily.

64 days later

Lair77
Debates: 4
Lair77
Me.  Okay, probably not.  But someday, maybe.  :)

Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
I think different debaters are best at different things. 

In terms of versatility i would probably say rationalmadman is the best (he will discuss almost anything and at least make a decent argument if hes motivated). I get those same vibes from whiteflame too, he just doesn't debate very often.
-
I think oromagi is a great debater, he's also just a farmer who debates nonsense for elo. He never actually pushes himself on topics that may not have a clear obvious victor. 
-
I think Novice is a great debater, i think he just needs more time to climb the leaderboard and have more debates. Although he appears to be taking a somewhat oromagi root and is simply farming (at least currently).
-
I haven't read enough of barneys debates to have an opinion on him yet. Ramshutu pops off in the forums but doesn't debate anymore, so i have no view on him. Although id rate him highly.
-
I think Bones has potential to be the best on the site, he just 1. doesn't debate enough and 2. seems to have very specific things which he wants to debate. He lacks in versatility, Although i think he's smart enough to overcome this. I also think his friend ossa has the same potential as bones (from what I've read of him).

Although, currently i think whiteflame is the best debater on the site. Rationalmadmans quality just drops too much in some of his debates for my liking. Quality over quantity.

That being said almost everyone on this site talks about nonsense. You all debate the most pointless topics. only 1 in 10 debates seem to not be talking about hunter bidens laptop or other silly things like if north korea is better than America.

And i am statistically the second worst (active) debater on the site behind mall.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Ehyeh
Lol, quality for what?

I could be a coward like the other high rankers and just sit while on an upswing, solely picking lopsided topics if I wanted to.

I like my style and attitude, it leaves me way more adventurous and engaging with members like yourself than they will ever be.

Also, at the moment the voter environment is severely volatile and not in a good way. You do not know if your debate will get highly skilled votes or trash ones, you do not know who exactly to appeal to and therefore the debate trend to go for is widespread quantity where you merely minimise the impact of opponents' points, not wasting effort with super creative angles and elaborate research other than when it lets you paste a lot and overload the opponent.
Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
-->
@RationalMadman
I respect that! i think you have the best attitude to debating (when it comes to participating) but I'm quite like you in that I'm quick to lose interest in a debate or simply give up even if I could put forward a good argument. I see this as a flaw in myself as well if I were to judge my quality as a debater. I think a balance needs to be struck where you interact with those the others wont (due to their uncertainty) but at the same time not dropping your debates in quality even if it gets poor votes or a lack of votes altogether. Although i dont necessarily think you're lazy like i am. I think you just have so many debates. I'm just lazy half of the time.