If they could delay the presidency for convenience...

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 31
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Then there is direct precedent for the DART presidency vote of no confidence, forcing a reelection.

Airmax1227 has failed us, he can have any excuse he wants, that is not my business.

I ask there to be held a vote of no confidence, we have so many reasons to host it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@PREZ-HILTON
Let us push for this.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I vote Aye
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Well, I don't think Airmax did anything after his election, being on Dart everyday for the past 2 months.

I vote yes, if I am even eligible.
ComputerNerd
Debates: 15
ComputerNerd
Have been annoyed by this for weeks. He wins the election, holds one Mafia and then leaves. 

I am in favor of this, if I am eligible.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
It’s honestly just a two line MEEP if we have to be formal about it. This is why we need VP. I’d say have ex post facto Thett as VP and now President
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@blamonkey
@Vader
@whiteflame
@Speedrace
@Ragnar
Do we need a MEEP or can we put the un-official VP Thett as the official President
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
What was the point of a President anyway?

Other than to parody U.S. politics.

Though you could give Boris Johnson a bell, he's currently looking for a job.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@zedvictor4
What was the point of a President anyway?
They had a say in all ban decisions and could veto a permaban 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I vote yes
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
to host official events, such as tournaments or huge mafia games, as well as to challenge mod decisions and be a defense attorney for punished users.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
That's all a parody too.

Just switch on, type a bit of narrative and then switch off......Is all that it takes to interact with other Dart users.

No President necessary.

Moderators regulate well enough.

What might be referred to as the real world is elsewhere.....If you get my drift.

Not that I happily make such distinctions between the realities of the one world.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
As a victim of moderator abuse here personally, who has also been a constant watchdog for them with alts and other site issues, I can tell you they do not moderate sufficiently. When they do, it's more to do with luck of me pushing them (or someone else pushing them) than the baseline logic of their moderation.

I also want you to know that I voted against the presidency in the original MEEP as I agree with you that the role is more of a poser thing than a genuinely functional balancing power to the mods.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Dart is clearly very important to you.

Me..... I come and go, like now when my main consideration is plumbing and rewiring a new bathroom.

It's just that I've stopped for lunch right now.

And I'm  firmly of the opinion that internet abuse is the choice of the recipient, because it is just as easy to ignore. 

Internet abuse is yet another example of overthink.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@David
@Barney
@zedvictor4
I am curious how you ignore getting banned for 6 weeks over some lies:

Look through it. Watch the evidence they give that I did the shit they accuse me of.

Laugh at the mental incapacity of them.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
As I suggested.

You take it all very personally, which is your choice.

Rise above and walk away from antagonists, and be tolerant of other peoples opinions no matter how inane you might deem them to be.

Me...I shall switch off and  rise up from my laptop and forget about Dart until the next time.

And should I be banned, fairly or otherwise.......so what?

I can find plenty else to do.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
@Speedrace
Your attention is needed to this thread
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re welcome to hold a site-wide vote to evaluate interest in removing Airmax from the presidency. Based on the results, which I suspect would be strong, we could seek a potential replacement in an entirely separate vote. And, just to clarify (not that I feel it needs to be said because it was made rather obvious), thett is not the acting or elected Vice President as that role does not exist. No one would automatically slate into the role.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Air Max should be removed in the office should be disbanded.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I am against this. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Lmao

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@whiteflame
Several people have stated they feel this is a worthless position so why are we not voting on getting rid of it all together?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Because we had a MEEP that authorized it. Anyone is welcome to hold another MEEP in order to see if the desire to keep the position is gone.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@whiteflame
Considering all the MEEPS in the last 6 months didn't get addressed I seriously doubt this is a sincere response.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Not sure why you’d think I’m insincere. The election process is run by moderators. Right now, the plan is to run another election should a vote remove Airmax or should his term in office run up. If a MEEP dissolves the office before then, what exactly do you think we would do? Run an election anyway?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@PREZ-HILTON
For those interested in what I believe on both sides of this matter, please see here:

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@whiteflame
What I mean is a MEEP to address this was proposed 6 months ago and it never happened so the idea of just somebody asking for one and it happening is insincere please read the post correctly.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I was literally suggesting that anyone could run a MEEP, yourself included if you feel strongly enough about it. Anyone could have pushed for and run a MEEP over that time. There are a lot of proposals that we’re not going to personally run as MEEPs, particularly right after we finished with the previous MEEP, but that doesn’t mean that no one can run them and it doesn’t mean that the mods won’t respect the results.

12 days later

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@DebateArt.com
@David
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
-->@Polytheist-Witch
I was literally suggesting that anyone could run a MEEP, yourself included if you feel strongly enough about it. Anyone could have pushed for and run a MEEP over that time. There are a lot of proposals that we’re not going to personally run as MEEPs, particularly right after we finished with the previous MEEP, but that doesn’t mean that no one can run them and it doesn’t mean that the mods won’t respect the results.
My interpretation of this remark is that I can run a MEEP myself in spite of and in contradiction to DART's published MEEP rules which state:

"Moderation may submit questions and proposals regarding moderation policy, voting policy, and the code of conduct to Moderation Engagement and Enactment Processes (MEEPs). MEEPs are binding referenda and comment periods on the questions and proposals submitted. Moderation has full discretion on which questions and proposals are submitted to MEEPs, though no substantive change to the COC may be made without either the consent of the site owner(s) or ratification via a MEEP."

Be advised that I plan to run a MEEP from Aug 1st - 15th regarding the addition of two new Forum Categories, HISTORY and CONSPIRACY THEORIES.  

I plan to adhere to these published rules:

"In order for a submitted question or proposal to be ratified, at least 10 users must have voted in the MEEP, and more than a majority of all those voting must have voted for the question or proposal. That means, in practice, that in a MEEP with 10 total voters, the minimum threshold for a binding result is 7 votes in favor of the proposal or question. MEEPs must be open for voting for at least 48 hours, and may be extended (at the mod's discretion) by no more than 12 hours. To be eligible to vote in a MEEP, the voter must be a user on DART, must have an account that is more than 24 hours old, and must not be banned during the voting window. If a MEEP fails to produce a binding result, moderation will maintain the pre-MEEP status quo, unless doing so is entirely untenable."

using Supadudz' precedent:

"You may only have 1 vote per person. This means that if you are voting under 2 accounts and are caught doing so, only 1 of the votes you cast will count
  • Election tampering (which is defined as recruiting people outside the site to vote for a certain candidate) is illegal and WILL result in the votes used by manipulation to be disqualified 
  • Please try to maintain civility in this thread. This is the voting stage, not the argumentative/campaigning stage.
  • YOU CAN NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE YOU PLACE IT!!!!! Like in a real election, you can not take back your vote that you already submitted"
Since I have no notion of Mike's availability/capacity to support this change, I plan to make the change deliverable by end of 2022.

If I am out of order in any way, now is the time to let me know.

Frankly, support for either new category seems tepid to negative.  I predict both motions will fail but I am more interested in establishing a precedent here as I am in effecting any change.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@oromagi
Just imagine that was written by someone who wanted to call referendums by the acronym “MEEP.” Basic inference from that, should explain a lot.

To the best of my knowledge, no one on the current moderation team loves red tape. We’ve publicly told people like a dozen times or more that we’ll support any community lead MEEPs.

Launch your referendum whenever you would like, and I at least will help it the same as I would any other (I assume the same of every other moderator).

If the community truly wants any rule which directly contradicts my ethics, I’ll cease being a moderator (I’ll also resign if a particular member beats me in certain debate).