3RU7AL
-->
@oromagi
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Double_R
 but it is the same thing in every way that matters.
agreed
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@3RU7AL
thanks for sharing.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Back up this statement with actual facts. I'll wait.
Searching google for "Trump said he would end oil" comes up with no results. Sorry.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
 The death of Donald Trump's first wife, Ivanahas led the New York Attorney General to postpone depositions for Mr Trump and his children .
OMG, that sounds like a scene out of The Sopranos.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Back up this statement with actual facts. I'll wait.
Nevin Valev, owner of GlobalPetrolPrices, says several factors influence the differences between countries, mainly whether countries produce oil and the amount of taxes they charge.

65 countries have cheaper gas than the USA right now. (even Mexico for fucks sake)...

USA's high prices higher relative to 65 other countries are not a "Global problem" as you mindlessly keep repeating. It is a local national SUPPLY and distribution problem made much worse by a president that campaigned to END OIL.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
This thread is perfect for your orangemanbad quips lol.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
 “We’re soldiers. Soldiers don’t go to hell. It’s war. Soldiers kill other soldiers. We’re in a situation where everyone involved knows the stakes and if you are going to accept those stakes, you’ve got to do certain things. It’s business.” – Tony Soprano
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

“Someday I will come to you for a favor…” -Don Corleone
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
“He would think [Trump] was full of shit. Whether he thought he was a good president or not,”

“I don’t know that Tony Soprano thought much about that question at all, with anybody who was in office. But I know Tony would have thought Drumph was penny ante, in terms of his lying and presentation.”

-Sopranos creator David Chase
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
Who can forget President Trump’s dig of Michael Cohen as a “rat” and praise of Paul Manafort for not “flipping” during the Russia investigation? Throw in Rudy Giuliani as an addled Robert Duvall consigliere from “The Godfather,” and you have Trumpworld in a nutshell. (“President Trump’s mobster rule,” Opinion, Dec. 22)
But unlike Al Pacino’s criminal mastermind character, Trump is more like the older brother Fredo “I’m smart” Corleone.
As for his followers’ penchant for tough guys (real or imagined), a segment of the population has always had a thing for outlaws and gangsters. What’s a little collateral damage if you can live the American dream?

According to Erin Aubrey Kaplan, Trump supporters are like members of the mafia, because “in Trump’s world, you have carte blanche to smash and grab, to seize what you want by force.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
And his speech patterns. My God, I just can’t stand it. “Look, a lot of people, believe me, a lot of people are saying X and no one ever talks about that, okay? Believe me. No one ever talks about X but we’re finding out many things, many things about X. The fake news media never talks about X because they’re fake but a lot of people… Look, people tell me, all the time, okay? They tell me all the time ‘you know more about X than anyone,’ okay? they say, ‘how did you get so smart about X?’ but no one gives me the credit, okay? No one gives me the credit…”

He whines and complains and says people are being “nasty” to him. Nasty? No one is being fair to him. Fair? “No president has been treated as unfairly as I have.” You hear that McKinely Lincoln, and Kennedy?

All of that? That’s not “Orange Man Bad,” That’s “Jesus Fucking Christ, is this really happening?”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
"Now, up until this moment, former senior officials typically kept their intelligence clearances, because having such status allows former senior officials to be consulted by their successors on issues of a vital national security interest where their experience and institutional knowledge can offer priceless context. This is so important,"

"These people are the institutional memory of our intelligence services. They know the history of all of our international relationships. But you know what they say, those who fail to learn from history are Donald Trump."

-Colbert
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
The Sri Lanka overthrow is the best thing to happen to Sri Lanka since the Tamils lost the fight fight for their seceded nation of Tamil Eelam. I am not sure you have any idea how corrupt the ousted fucktard war crime leader Rajakapsa and his family have been, they ruined Sri Lanka (but previous leaders before the brother of the ousted one were also ruining Sri Lanka).
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
sometimes, an insurrection is the most orderly thing a people can do.
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
I misspelled Rajapaksa as Rajakapsa for no reason as I knew it was paksa.

Anyway, was that sarcasm because I do not follow...
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
It sure is. Many people want the delusional narcissist MORE than before the hearings  if it means cheap gas. Trumplestilskin is more popular today after the J6 hearings. People don't care about personalities nearly as much anymore. That was a dated 2016 1st world problem.

Wrong. Half the GOP doesn't even want him to be the Republican nominee in 2024. Are you saying that half the GOP didn't want him to be the nominee in 2020, or can you concede that his popularity and approval rating continues to decline? 

De Santis isn't popular because of his good looks either.
Ron DeSantis looks like his face was permanently flattened by getting smacked in the head with a frying pan. But I agree he is a very strong candidate. My wife and I actually have a bet about him running for POTUS. I think he will not only be the Republican nominee, but that he will win the presidency. She thinks the GOP is going to nominate Trump. I refuse to believe that. So I get $100 if DeSantis wins the nom and another $100 if he wins the presidency. She keeps going by poll numbers now but a lot can change between now and then, and there's something about having money on the line that makes the I told you so sweeter lol. I just can't believe that Republicans would run Trump again when he still loses vs. Biden in the polls today. Why risk it when DeSantis (same policies, less baggage) would be a sure thing? We'll see. 

Laffles no!. They are insane for denying a woman exists.
Please tell me you aren't regurgitating the dumb ass Fox News highlight reels of asking liberals to define a woman. Acknowledging that transgender women exist is not denying that non-transgender women exist. This is such a stupid talking point. If conservatives were truly confident in their ability to fix the economy or gas prices, they wouldn't rely on irrelevant wedge issues like this which do not improve American's lives in any way. You'd have to pay me to care about how someone else chooses to identify. 

Please don't tell me you are another one of those wealthy white women exasperated at having to explain to the peons about what a great shape the country is in today....
Of course! It's shameful and unpatriotic to criticize American culture or policy. If you have something negative to say you can always move to Venezuela...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Fox News highlight reels of asking liberals to define a woman.
Lol, you can tune into late night comedian shows they show the same clips :D

Of course! It's shameful and unpatriotic to criticize American culture or policy.
Or you can surrender the culture war :)
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
That the Orangemanbad cult thinks the Orangeman is a narcissist?

...." Only I can fix it " { Trumpet }, is like Orange-Grey-Parrot saying .... only I understand Trumpets inner most mind processes.

Orange-Bad-Parrot > Orange-Bad-Thought Processing > Pregnant Women Suffer the Most > End-date-for-humanity > epitaph > .." only I can fix it "..

Only we can fixit, as-all-for-one and one-for-all  aka unity under flag of survival on Earth
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol, you can tune into late night comedian shows they show the same clips :D
Nah, why would I waste even one minute of my time watching people squabble over gender?  I don't find those comedians funny and the existence of trans people doesn't affect my life negatively in any way whatsoever. How does it impact yours? 

Or you can surrender the culture war :)

The culture war isn't going anywhere. Being anti-woke is the GOP's #1 campaign strategy these days, more so than talking about gas and inflation. Personally I can't think of a time in history where America's "radical progressives" were wrong in their positions on the day's culture war.  Social conservatives have historically been wrong or seen as immoral in their opposition to accepting blacks, women, gays, etc. and they've essentially fought every single every civil rights advancement that led to a more fair society for families like mine. Why would anyone surrender the culture war to those dipshits? The appeals to fear are ridicule are the same as they always have been in their crusade to keep down people that are different, and 50 years from now most of society will consider them to be backwards bigots. I guess not everyone is bright enough to see it today in real time. 

You know, people can support something like testosterone limits for competing in gendered sports while still recognizing and respecting the existence of trans people in society. It's really not that hard. Like it really isn't. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
@Wylted
@blamonkey
@Vader
@Mharman
The infection of the trend described in the first post of this thread into debateart is something I have noticed and alluded to in the past, and I am not exaggerating when I say this is precisely 100% the reason I don't find this community to be worth my time in posting anymore. It's not 80% the reason I stopped posting but there were other factors involved or anything like that, it is THE reason and Double_R touching on the reason for me semi-quitting is the only reason I decided to make a few posts today. I still lurk for a few minutes every few days but suspect even that will soon stop.

To be clear, and this should be obvious to any thinking person but the thread got derailed a bit by people using the tactics described in the opening post so I probably need to clarify, I am not saying that I stopped posting because people exist that are pro-Trump. If that is what you got from the above then you need to work on your reading comprehension. I am specifically referencing the tactic of "thought terminating cliches" and the toxic personality that tends to develop around those that use such quippy one-liners to "win" a conversation. (what the fuck is winning a conversation anyway? nevermind, this post isn't about that).

So yeah, I never made a formal goodbye post so I guess this is it... hence the multiple tags. It's been a fun 8 years folks, but the name I chose to represent me is latin for "student of learning" (ignore the fact that it is a poor quality translation) because that phrase encapsulates my goal when I joined DDO eight years ago, to expose myself to others of different views who use reason to explain why they have those views and learn from these reasoned arguments. I realized a few months ago that this community no longer helps with that goal and has not done so for quite some time, and this opening post perfectly explains why I came to that conclusion.

So yeah, I can only tag 5 people so I'll just tag a handful that I have known from the beginning when I first joined DDO and if it turns out that I never relapse into posting again (god I hope I don't) and anyone else not tagged here ever asks "hey, where did DD ever go off to?" just link them here.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
while still recognizing and respecting the existence of trans people in society. It's really not that hard. Like it really isn't. 
It is when the whole conversation gets shutdown with 1 buzzword.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
and 50 years from now most of society will consider them to be backwards bigots
I mean, you can say that but people see a lot of the extreme progressivism and sudden change 50 years ago that went way too far. Many view manifest destiny as being backward and many view the prohibition era as being backward. Moderation is vital on any side you choose.

Gay marriage is fine and moderate. (truthfully every society historically turned a blind eye to varying degrees among the elites and such)

Redefining a woman to anything with 2 legs and a dress is not.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit

Good bye friend.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
You can’t say you want to avoid partisanship…by being partisan.
Yup. It is like saying you can avoid racism by just being more racist.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I am specifically referencing the tactic of "thought terminating cliches"
also known as AD HOMINEM ATTACKS
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Redefining a woman to anything with 2 legs and a dress is not.
GET READY FOR MANDATORY STRIP SEARCHES BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO ENTER A PUBLIC BATHROOM
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
GET READY FOR MANDATORY STRIP SEARCHES BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO ENTER A PUBLIC BATHROOM
Exposing your penis to a girl in a public bathroom used to be a crime in a civilized society.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
have they not invented bathroom stalls in your part of the country ?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Gender signs on restrooms are warning signs for people who do not want to be charged as a sexual predator and be placed on a sexual offender national registry. Enter at your own risk.