--> @Outplayz
    Not model number.

The name of the laptop.

For example lenovo yoga C930
    Or if you can't find it

What processor does it use?
    What graphics card does it have?
    How much RAM does it have?

I wouldn't know the laptop by look of it. Only the brand.

Here is where you find the answer to those 3 questions:

Type into the search bar in the bottom left of your screen "system information". If there is no search bar right click and hope to God that there is something that states system information because I am not at a laptop right now to confirm that.

When you are at your system information 
    Just simply copy what it states next to:

Installed RAM:
    Processor:

About the graphics card you won't find it in system information. You will find it if you search run click on it then search up in run "dxdiag" then click "Display" then copy what is next to "Chip Type:"

I mean search in the bottom left search bar. Run is an application you must use it or do it another way but I already stated this way so there is no point using another way.

You should get something like (not exact numbers or letters just something like what I said.)

Installed RAM: 4GB 
    Processor: Intel i7 something (numbers should be where I said something.
    Chip Type: Intel graphics 4000

Chip Type doesn't need to be Intel. It can be AMD or Nividia.

Please tell me it helped or don't so that I can help you.

• Outplayz
    Outplayz avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 2,108
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    Processor: i7 intel core - 8550U - CPU 1.80ghz

installed memory: 16 gb

Intel(r) UHD graphics 620

• TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 4,888
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Outplayz
    What games do you use it with?
    What games do you hope to use it for?
    Have you run into a game that you did not get consistent framerates (If you want to know what that is ask or search for it)?

Did my instructions help?

• Outplayz
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    As to games, i don't expect to use it for games. It's only going to be my editing and/or music computer in the future. For now, it's just my travel computer and sometimes when i feel like kicking back on my bed computer. 

Your directions helped with exception to the graphics card. Had to look up the graphics card somewhere else that i googled how to do. 
  • TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Outplayz
    As to games, i don't expect to use it for games. It's only going to be my editing and/or music computer in the future. For now, it's just my travel computer and sometimes when i feel like kicking back on my bed computer. 

Your directions helped with exception to the graphics card. Had to look up the graphics card somewhere else that i googled how to do. 
    Guess I can't really say it is useful or not. 
  • Outplayz
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    Guess I can't really say it is useful or not. 
    If i did play games on it i would play League or hearthstone. 

• TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Outplayz
    Why didn't the graphics card help that I gave not work?

If i did play games on it i would play League or hearthstone. 
    How many cores in the processor? You missed that. 

I did some digging given that the best site I use to see if my game would work or not in 3 different areas doesn't have your graphics card. Your graphics card does exist but given the site is lacking your graphics card it wouldn't be helpful. You can use it to test out the Intel UHD Graphics 630 but I don't think it is a fair comparison.

Here is the site I used to check if my games would work well:

Here is what to look for in a CPU (processor):

"The graphics card's hardware directly affects its speed. These are the hardware specifications that most affect the card's speed and the units in which they are measured:
    • GPU clock speed (MHz)
    • Size of the memory bus (bits)
    • Amount of available memory (MB)
    • Memory clock rate (MHz)
    • Memory bandwidth (GB/s)
    • RAMDAC speed (MHz)"
    Given that the numbers are not the same with either by looking at these two links:

It is best to use I think a worse option which is this https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri.

The results are less accurate and always for me to state to update even when I am up-to-date. It also tells you to download their .exe (application or app) which doesn't have ads or anything but the one I use simply shows the results on the screen without the need of a download.

Given that both HearthStone and LOL are not that too demanding games I doubt you would have problems running it.

With this I say if you specifically bought the laptop to play these two games optimally I think you overspent but given that isn't your reason it doesn't really matter. I have done this for naught. I am annoyed. Goodbye. 

• Outplayz
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    I have done this for naught. I am annoyed. Goodbye. 
    Not really, who knows what i will use it with in the future. I'm just talking about near future stuff and possibilities... but if i do run a more commanding game, you helped. I already know Nividia products are way better than my graphics card... this is what i found: 

• TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Outplayz
    "Good for Casual Gaming on Low Settings" 

Wha?

• Outplayz
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    Wha?
    Yeah, i only looked at the charts to see how it compares with Geforce. I already knew it's probably not as good. There are other charts i didn't have time to look at and don't right now bc i'm at work. If you look up my card and press images, there seems to be a few comparison charts. But i'm not too worried. I like playing my FPS games on my computer since i like a big screen. But who knows in the future... it's not too expensive to upgrade if i need to. I was just glad to see mine was at the top out of its own brand. 

• TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Outplayz
    I like playing my FPS games on my computer since i like a big screen
    I think the next laptop (preferably computer) you should do more research. Have a budget and see what you can buy. See reddit pages as well like this 

I haven't personally read it because I don't really want to spend the money but when I do, this is the first thing I will look at to understand things then move along from there. 
  • Outplayz
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    Cool thanks. 

81 days later

• Inferno
    Inferno avatar
    Forum posts: 23
    Inferno avatar
    Inferno
    --> @Outplayz
    You could have gotten a more advanced laptop for $500.  
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    Forum posts: 1,072
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @Outplayz
    So did I.  A 2017 14"{?} Dell laptop gift from step-son since its back-screen was de-laminating and it was just beyond the 2 year warranty.

Installed RAM 16G

Intel core i7 56000 cpu 2.60 Ghz

And no erratic cursor issues, YAY!

.......................................................SPACE( Time *) i  (* Time )SPACE..........................................
    ...The game of reality{   Time/frequency } and cosmic geodesic Space phenomena,  are the most significant game to me.

Unfortunately, I dont have the skills to get to the next level of game play.

• ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @Outplayz
    As Snowden recommends --in the movie about him--- I put tape over camera of my new used laptop gift.

If you havent seen the movie or the more recent interview by brian williams with him, I hope you do so.

Snowden says he was cleared of wrong doing in two seperate USA courts.

He is a whistle blower and should be protected.
  • Outplayz
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz avatar
    Outplayz
    --> @ebuc
    He is a whistle blower and should be protected.
    I agree. I saw him on Joe Rogan's podcast. I'm over putting tape on my computer tho... if people want to watch me jack off... they are more than welcome to lol. 

• Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 8,186
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    Snowden is a cunt
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @IlDiavolo @Outplayz

Oct. 2019

..." Firefox is the only browser that received top marks in a recent audit carried out by Germany's cyber-security agency -- the German Federal Office for Information Security (or the Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik -- BSI).

The BSI tested Mozilla Firefox 68 (ESR), Google Chrome 76, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge 44. The tests did not include other browsers like Safari, Brave, Opera, or Vivaldi. "....

• zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 13
    Forum posts: 2,401
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    Snowden is a cunt.
    Subtle.

LOL.