Trump is an idiot

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 365
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Trump signed a bill into law changing the punishment for mishandling classified information from 1 year to 5 years in prison.

He then mishandled classified material, removing materials from their proper place and taking them to his private home at Mar-a-Lago.

Now his home has been raided after an informant told the government that Trump had classified material in his possession.

The National archives and Records Administration had already retrieved 15 boxes of material from Trump’s home.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Well - yes: I don’t think was ever under contention. The hypocrisy is hilarious though - can’t wait to see all the Republican screeching to lock him up!

Anyhoo. I honestly don’t think this is about documents.  I think Merrill Garland, the Judge, the FBI are all smart enough - and have all been alive since 2016 - to understand that if one is going to start a political shitstorm by raiding a former president; you probably need something more pressing and defendable to the people than “he has a box of memos he totally shouldn’t have”.

I strongly suspect - but could be wrong - that there are documents at Mara-largo is not the issue - annoying as it maybe - but that those documents demonstrate something more significant; and that something may have been about to happen to them.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Ramshutu
Anyhoo. I honestly don’t think this is about documents.  I think Merrill Garland, the Judge, the FBI are all smart enough - and have all been alive since 2016 - to understand that if one is going to start a political shitstorm by raiding a former president; you probably need something more pressing and defendable to the people than “he has a box of memos he totally shouldn’t have”.
Thanks for your comment. Well, the people - meaning Republicans, believed Hillary Clinton mishandled classified information on her private server.
She didn’t, at least to any significant degree in the opinion of the FBI.

These are classified documents that Trump took, not “memos” as you say. The justice department has filed a motion to publicly disclose what they found in Trump’s possession. So we will see.

Oh, and it’s Merrick Garland, not Merrill.

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Damn autocorrect.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I may actually be wrong - some people are saying it may have been documents relating to nuclear weapons - that would for sure need an immediate raid and recovery - mainly to get the documents out. 

I’ll wait and see - Trump has been given an opportunity to object to unsealing the warrant - it will be spiced if he does :)
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
She didn’t, at least to any significant degree in the opinion of the FBI.
And the FBI has been caught framing people, lying to secret courts (that shouldn't exist) so the FBI's word means nothing. In fact the FBI report said she did X (and X is a crime) but that she didn't mean to do X, intent was not required for X to be a crime.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
the FBI's word means nothing. In fact the FBI report said she did X
I’m confused - does the FBIs word mean nothing or not?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
And the FBI has been caught framing people, lying to secret courts (that shouldn't exist)
That’s a lie. The FBI does not frame people. They did not lie to the FISA Court. And the fact you think the “secret” FISA Court shouldn’t exist flags you as a nut job.

The United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC, also called the FISA Court) is a U.S. federal court established under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA) to oversee requests for surveillance warrants against foreign spies inside the United States by federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Such requests are made most often by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Congress created FISA and its court as a result of the recommendations by the U.S. Senate's Church Committee.[1]

By the way, the Church committee has nothing to do with religion.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
In fact the FBI report said she did X (and X is a crime) but that she didn't mean to do X, intent was not required for X to be a crime.
If you think Hilary was guilty then you must really think Trump is guilty of worse “X”.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Ramshutu
Ramshutu: I’m confused - does the FBIs word mean nothing or not?
Well I didn't mean that literally, it was a figure of speech meaning they are not honest or trustworthy. I consider them an enemy of the free people of the world
and I carefully consider what they say as one should study one's enemy. What they try to make you believe can allow you to infer their targets and vulnerabilities.

When I say "they" I make it sound as if it is monolith, obviously that is not true.

If it was monolithic parts of it probably wouldn't have investigated Clinton at all, but the agenda is revealed when it investigates; finds criminal behavior, and then walks away whistling.

That, along with the now overwhelming body of other evidence tells you that the FBI overall is entirely captured. By whom and what exactly is hard to say but from their actions one can say that they hate DJT and prefer democrats to republicans but prefer continued war above all else.

Thus I attribute the investigation and the findings on Clinton to a powerless fragment and the decision to not refer charges to the anti-liberal infiltrators.

It's not all that complicated to figure out which actions are the dying gasps of a legitimate police force vs the whim of the fascist hit squad that is replacing them: The fascist hit-squad comes at their targets with overwhelming force, hundreds of times the manpower needed; often armored and armed with assault rifles. The flaunt their assertions, call media organizations before attacking, and gleefully engage in defamation via perp-walks.

IwantRooseveltagain: That’s a lie. They did not lie to the FISA Court.

IwantRooseveltagain: And the fact you think the “secret” FISA Court shouldn’t exist flags you as a nut job.
And do those you brand as nutjobs often recant after being informed that you think so of them? That's a rhetorical question no need to answer.

You probably have no idea how many unusual things I deeply believe, let's get a few out of the way so you can sleep snug at night ignoring me: Taxes are theft, CO2 does not cause planetary warming, and land cannot be truly owned as someone's product or body can be. (this list is not exhaustive)

IwantRooseveltagain:If you think Hilary was guilty then you must really think Trump is guilty of worse “X”.
No I really don't because as I explain above attacking Trump is the agenda along with protecting Hilary. Any heat Hilary (or the Bidens) seem to have gotten from the FBI (or any of the evil alphabet agencies) is a testament only to the overwhelming and poorly hidden criminal activity they have participated in.

The difference can be explained by observing the effective decision engine of the FBI leadership:

Deepstate friendly?
Evidence of actual wrongdoing?  = Yes
Charges from obscure laws/theatrical raids/media tipoffs/extorted confessions? = No

Deepstate hostile?
Evidence of actual wrongdoing?  = No
Charges from obscure laws/ theatrical raids/media tipoffs/extorted confessions? = Yes

The winds of fate have given us not one but two comparative examples where Trump has been accused of doing something bad/illegal after a prominent democrat rival actually committed the crime Trump was accused of. There are telling differences even in the accusation though:

Hilary uses her own unsecured serve for top secret stuff, but this fact was only a highlight against the backdrop that she was destroying evidence.
Trump (allegedly) takes some top secret documents to Florida, forgets to declassify them, doesn't give them to the national archives fast enough so they waco it like he was going to destroy the documents?

Biden brags that he got a prosecutor fired (thus ending his investigation) by threatening to withhold aid
Trump is accused of threatening to withhold aid if an investigation isn't conducted

Hilary was caught covering her tracks, Trump was 'caught' not covering his tracks. Hilary was never raided, they gave her all the time in the world and even when the investigation showed she tried hard to erase evidence the FBI had oh-so-much understanding.

Biden quid-pro-quoed to stop the truth from coming out, Trump's alleged quid-pro-quo was to bring the truth out.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Well I didn't mean that literally, it was a figure of speech meaning they are not honest or trustworthy. I consider them an enemy of the free people of the world 
and I carefully consider what they say as one should study one's enemy. What they try to make you believe can allow you to infer their targets and vulnerabilities.
America is counting on you to save us from the FBI…you whack job

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

That, along with the now overwhelming body of other evidence tells you that the FBI overall is entirely captured. By whom and what exactly is hard to say but from their actions one can say that they hate DJT and prefer democrats to republicans but prefer continued war above all else.
Q! You’re a Q whack job!
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
And do those you brand as nutjobs often recant after being informed that you think so of them? That's a rhetorical question no need to answer.
Do you still live with your mother?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
FBI Lawyer Kevin Clinesmith insisted that he thought the statement was true at the time and only altered the message to save himself the hassle of procuring another email from the CIA. Prosecutors contested that claim, arguing that the FBI lawyer intended to mislead his colleague, but USDC Judge Boasberg sided with the defense on that point.

“My view of the evidence is that Mr. Clinesmith likely believed that what he said about Mr. Page was true,” Boasberg said. “By altering the email, he was saving himself some work and taking an inappropriate shortcut.”

Carter Page had been surveilled several times by the FBI including long before Donald Trump ever announced he was running for President.
That’s because Page had some close ties and suspicious interactions with known Russian agents while conducting business in Russia.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain: I see your ADOL point you're completely right about everything. You're not a nutjob at all!
You see I believe all that to be true, but It's still a lie to pretend you said it. The quote above is fabricated evidence, if I tried to get a warrant by submitting fabricated evidence that's lying.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Trump was sent a subpoena for the now recovered missing documents months ago. He chose to ignore the subpoena. When you ignore a subpoena (that isn’t from Congress) this is what happens - your home gets raided.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain

Clinesmith’s lawyer Justin Shur said his client’s actions played a relatively small part in the overall surveillance process and the broader probe.
“There were many people involved in these applications and many mistakes that were made,” Shur said.

Judge Boasberg agreed on that point as well, saying he wasn’t convinced that fully disclosing Page’s relationship with the CIA would have led to the surveillance of him being denied or ended.

Clinesmith could not have single-handedly done much to affect or fuel the Trump-Russia probe, since he played a relatively minor role in the inquiry. In addition, his alteration of the email came in June 2017, at the tail end of the FBI’s surveillance of Page.

Indeed, when Boasberg granted Page permission to speak at Friday’s hearing, the judge told Page to limit himself to comments on the impact of the FBI’s June 2017 surveillance application and not the prior three surveillance orders the FBI won to snoop on Page.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Yup, you are a Nut job.
badger
badger
You probably have no idea how many unusual things I deeply believe, let's get a few out of the way so you can sleep snug at night ignoring me: Taxes are theft, CO2 does not cause planetary warming, and land cannot be truly owned as someone's product or body can be. (this list is not exhaustive)

You left out the part where you fuck your pets. 

This dude genuinely fucks his pets and this site and the last are littered with his weird posts about animals perception and enjoyment of sex. His dream of liberty is fucking his pets. 

I feel dirty and weird sharing the same website as this degenerate. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@badger
People say stuff.

Other people do stuff and tend not to say what they do.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Every single president in the last 40 years has left the White House with classified papers. Trump didn't do anything weird or unusual. [1]

And he had been complying with both the FBI and National Archives for months to retrieve all classified documents. [1]

Does this mean the search is not justified? Tbh, I think it was because he has classified documents. But the fact the FBI got the "official" reason "sealed" for National Security purposes means it could be for anything on the planet. [2]

TBH, if anyone is the idiot, it is Merrick Garland for signing off on an FBI raid on a Presidential candidate [3] who the polls show will win in November 2024. [4] Does he just want to lose his job? And did he ever take a second to wonder how that would look to the general public? Just unleashing the FBI on political opponents? What is this Venezuela?

At least the records will be unsealed soon, supposedly. There seems to be a lot of traction from the DOJ and Trump's legal team to get that out there. [5]

Sources:
[2] ibid
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Biden quid-pro-quoed to stop the truth from coming out, Trump's alleged quid-pro-quo was to bring the truth out.
Do you even know what a quid pro quo is?

The Biden/Trump/Ukraine example really is the perfect encapsulation of how the political right ignores basic facts and logic to create their own reality.
ebuc
ebuc
No jail time for idiots, except on some occasions.

Trumpet needs jails time  for immoral false narrative.  Can such occur? No, because he didnt yell fire in a theater.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Public-Choice
Does this mean the search is not justified? Tbh, I think it was because he has classified documents.

And did he ever take a second to wonder how that would look to the general public? Just unleashing the FBI on political opponents?
So the FBI executed a justified search warrant, and by doing so they were unleashing their agency on their political opponents.

In other words, the narrative that the FBI and more broadly the “deep state” or whatever we’re calling it, is out to get Trump must stand regardless of the facts.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Do you even know what a quid pro quo is?
It's a trade + spookey bad cloud. Like greed is self-interest + spookey bad cloud.

The word that would apply for threatening to deprive entitled benefits or threatening to violate rights in exchange for something is "extortion".

In other words, the narrative that the FBI and more broadly the “deep state” or whatever we’re calling it, is out to get Trump must stand regardless of the facts.
Swatting Trump adds support to that narrative. When they hit him with some ridiculous evidence free charges in October that will also fit snugly into the narrative.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It's a trade + spookey bad cloud. Like greed is self-interest + spookey bad cloud.
Ok, I’ll take this albeit simplistic and childish definition.

Now can you explain how the Biden example meets it?
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
I am amused at how much attention everyone is giving a narcissist like Trump.

He sees threads like this and smiles with glee as do his supporters.

Hate on him all you want, the guy is the most effective attention whore of the last decade.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Now can you explain how the Biden example meets it?
The simple contract that Biden 'offered':

a) Biden will abstain from preventing loan guarantees on the scale of $1 billion
IF
b) Viktor Shokin is fired (thus ending his investigation into burisma where Biden's son was being inexplicably paid)

Unlike Trump Biden did not release a recording of the conversation where this 'deal' was purportedly advanced, on the other hand Biden did allow himself to be recorded admitting it to a crowd:

"I'm leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you're not getting the money" - Joseph Biden

Not very subtle, very unlike Trump's call which led plenty of reasonable doubt seeing as it was missing the threat and only contained a request.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@badger
You left out the part where you fuck your pets. 

This dude genuinely fucks his pets and this site and the last are littered with his weird posts about animals perception and enjoyment of sex. His dream of liberty is fucking his pets. 

I feel dirty and weird sharing the same website as this degenerate. 
links?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You forgot to apply your own definition, in particular, self interest.

This is what makes the Biden example vs the Trump example miles apart, to the point where comparing the two is remarkably absurd.

The message Biden delivered wasn’t Biden’s personal wishes, it was official US policy. Everyone from all of the intelligence agencies to Obama himself was on board with this. In the story that you are trying to pass off as a smoking gun, Biden recounted telling Ukraine “call him”. Him being the President. Because as you may or may not be aware, the Vice President does not have the authority to stop payments to a foreign ally.

What’s more, this wasn’t just the US that wanted this, it was the entire western world. The reason Shokin was well known was for his corruption. Specifically, for not investigating corruption. The international community was well aware of this.

Which brings us to Burisma, the supposed reason Biden did all this according to those accusing him. Except Burisma wasn’t being investigated at that time because Shokin already shut it down, so there was nothing for Biden to be concerned about here.

The entire allegation here is ridiculous.

Meanwhile, what Trump was looking for was entirely personal and he was using the power of his office to achieve it.

The transcript demonstrated clearly all of this, and it is clear to anyone who understands how language works that out wasn’t a request. One of Zalensky’s advisors who left government steward gave an interview on it and made clear that they all understood what Trump wanted.

Trump would then proceed to hold up the funds until News broke off the scandal. Then, he released it. And it wasn’t till congress got wind of it that he released the transcripts. Trump wasn’t being transparent, he already got caught.

These two scenarios are not comparable.