Total: 365
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Greyparrot
-> @Shila
Yep. The swamp needs draining.
Trump is proof more than one third of Americans are criminally inclined just like him and will do anything to get Trump back in office so he can pardon them.

Biden comes across as un-American because he stands for Justice.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Shila
Biden's FBI took 500 days to take action.

Hopefully Kamala will prove to be more competent after November.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Now there needs to be dissent huh?
Uh, yeah genius. That's what the word consensus means.

What if it's just that nobody else knew or cared about Shokin enough to protest the US executive branch demands?
First of all, you once again ignore the fact that the US was not the only country pushing for Shokin's firing. The reforms that Shokin was expected to put in place and was seen as ignoring came from the EU. No matter how many times I explain this to you you continue to pretend the US was at it alone.

The point here is not whether there consensus was wide spread enough to convince you that Shokin was corrupt. Yet again, the point of all of this is to address the question of whether Biden was more likely motivated by US interests or personal interests. The fact that other agencies within the US government and other countries were all on board with this is very strong evidence for the former. But your strategy for dealing with this fact had become crystal clear;

1) Ignore the fact that other countries wanted the same thing and when forced to deal with this fact pretend they were just following the US

2) Pretend that every article I posted covers every single individual who agreed so that you can pretend the number of people in agreement is as small as possible.

3) Attack the credibility of anyone who wrote any literature on this subject as a middle man just parroting what they were told to say by some nefarious force

4) Presume that anyone who agreed with Biden within the US government was just saying what Biden wanted them to say.

So with this strategy you have your bases covered. No evidence could ever be presented to you because they're either duped by the US government, or being controlled by Joseph R Biden. You have effectively put your conclusion inside of a box impenetrable by any facts or logic. It's classic conspiracy theorist logic.

Now any one of these points on their own could be the result of a reasonable assessment, but that's where this conversation is remarkably lacking. When pointed out that you have no evidence for any of these assumptions you've made you just revert back to "well it's possible", which is a blatant cop out. Anything is possible, if you were really going by that standard you wouldn't believe anything.

The equivalent claim would be that Trump could not have been personally motivated because Giuliani would have to follow through with his plot.
No, it's not.

First all, "could not" is not in my vocabulary, it's in yours. Please stop projecting.

But more importantly, the US ambassador works within the federal government, reports to the secretary of state, who reports to the president (not the Vice President), and ultimately works for the American people. Rudy Giuliani was the president's personal attorney. He reported to no one else but Donald J Trump. Not the same thing.

That aside, it's perfectly within reason to suggest that the US ambassador may have been improperly influenced, but that would require evidence. You have none, except for the fact that his actions conflict with your narrative, which always seems to count as evidence to you.

Giuliani meanwhile, has proven himself to be completely in the tank for Trump. From Mr. "Truth isn't Truth" to his all out pushing of the stolen election lies, his dishonesty and disregard for reality has shown no bounds. After being confronted for pushing objectively false election claims said it wasn't his job to fact check claims before repeating them, and his malpractice for Trump literally got him disbarred.

These two claims are not remotely similar.

So in the absence of direct evidence you have decided that the ambassador wasn't taking any direction from the executive branch, decided to start railing against prosecutors, and he made such a convincing case that Biden himself took note and came down to personally quid pro quo the prosecutor out of office and that just happened to save burisma's oligarch.
Yet another, complete straw man.

I never decided the ambassador was not taking direction from the executive branch. I said his words are evidence of his position, because that's what words are. So in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the reasonable presumption is that he believes what he said he believes. You of course just hand waive it away because it doesn't suit your preferred narrative.

I also never suggested that Biden was convinced by the US ambassador resulting in him boarding a plane to Ukraine. That's just stupid. The claim I've made from the start is that the evidence very clearly supports that there was wide spread consensus on the need for a new persecutor in Ukraine. I'm still waiting for you to present anything showing the opposite.

And as I've pointed out already, we don't even need to look at what the world is saying. If you want to argue that Shokin was not guilty of everything he was advised of, all you have to do is show him engaging in the activities he was acused of not engaging in. It's remarkable that you haven't done that yet.

But we both know why, because this point is nothing but a matter of faith to you.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Now there needs to be dissent huh?
Uh, yeah genius. That's what the word consensus means.
No, it means complete or almost complete agreement. If I sneak into congress and declare I am the god emperor and no one dissents; that's not consensus.

What if it's just that nobody else knew or cared about Shokin enough to protest the US executive branch demands?
First of all, you once again ignore the fact that the US was not the only country pushing for Shokin's firing. The reforms that Shokin was expected to put in place and was seen as ignoring came from the EU. No matter how many times I explain this to you you continue to pretend the US was at it alone.
No I said the US executive branch started it and the US executive branch finished it. Anyone in public office has somebody who doesn't like how they've handled things, there is no evidence that the grumbling of a few EU bureaucrats was anything but that which was latched onto as a bolstering excuse by the US executive campaign.

1) Ignore the fact that other countries wanted the same thing and when forced to deal with this fact pretend they were just following the US
Hardly pretense, A follows B. I haven't seen any evidence of international attention dated from before Hunter started collecting bribes.

2) Pretend that every article I posted covers every single individual who agreed so that you can pretend the number of people in agreement is as small as possible.
Ah so you don't have the evidence you claim, you just want me to submit to the generic opinion of various columnists who almost certainly did no independent research.

3) Attack the credibility of anyone who wrote any literature on this subject as a middle man just parroting what they were told to say by some nefarious force
Like you attacked the credibility of Shokin and Giuliani. That "nefarious force" was the government of Ukraine, and the reason they said that was because of the nefarious force of Biden's quid pro quo. Every step has plenty of supporting evidence. The person at the end of the telephone game does not need to be an evil genius for the message to be disinformation (or incomplete).

4) Presume that anyone who agreed with Biden within the US government was just saying what Biden wanted them to say.
Well other than the senate committee everyone worked for Biden... so yea.

No evidence could ever be presented to you because they're either duped by the US government, or being controlled by Joseph R Biden. You have effectively put your conclusion inside of a box impenetrable by any facts or logic. It's classic conspiracy theorist logic.
Evidence could be presented, I explained the nature of that evidence when you asked; it simply doesn't seem to exist.

Now any one of these points on their own could be the result of a reasonable assessment, but that's where this conversation is remarkably lacking. When pointed out that you have no evidence for any of these assumptions you've made you just revert back to "well it's possible"
The only evidence for what is in people's minds if they're willing to lie is their actions. How do you know Trump's request for an investigation wasn't motivated by a desire to uncover corruption? Just an assumption?

First all, "could not" is not in my vocabulary, it's in yours. Please stop projecting.
As I explained several times, if you are not ruling out personal motivations then the overwhelming circumstantial evidence of corruption remains the best explanation.

Rudy Giuliani was the president's personal attorney. He reported to no one else but Donald J Trump. Not the same thing.
And Donald J Trump works for the American people. See the double standard?

That aside, it's perfectly within reason to suggest that the US ambassador may have been improperly influenced, but that would require evidence.
The evidence is the fact that internal affairs of Ukraine are none of our business + the fact of Biden's corruption + Ambassador works for Biden.

You have none, except for the fact that his actions conflict with your narrative
If the ambassador doing what Biden clearly wanted conflicts with the narrative of Biden telling him to do something, then Giuliani going to Ukraine conflicts with the narrative that Trump wanted Giuliani to dig up dirt on Biden.

Uhhh no doesn't follow. Only with the unfounded and untenable assumption that Giuliani's actions or the actions of the ambassador are independent and legitimate unless proven otherwise could that follow.

Giuliani meanwhile, has proven himself to be completely in the tank for Trump. From Mr. "Truth isn't Truth" to his all out pushing of the stolen election lies, his dishonesty and disregard for reality has shown no bounds. After being confronted for pushing objectively false election claims said it wasn't his job to fact check claims before repeating them, and his malpractice for Trump literally got him disbarred.
If republicans acted like democrats that very well could have been more or less the fate of the ambassador and anyone else who worked with Biden.

I never decided the ambassador was not taking direction from the executive branch. I said his words are evidence of his position, because that's what words are. So in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the reasonable presumption is that he believes what he said he believes. You of course just hand waive it away because it doesn't suit your preferred narrative.
He doesn't need to be lying to play a part in the deep-state/Biden's agenda; same with the senate committee, isn't that obvious?

Biden doesn't need to tell the ambassador "look I'm taking bribes and I want you to go out and lie about Shokin", he just needs to say "look people don't like Shokin, we got to get rid of him".

The claim I've made from the start is that the evidence very clearly supports that there was wide spread consensus on the need for a new persecutor in Ukraine.
You continue to fail to support this claim.

I'm still waiting for you to present anything showing the opposite.
Already did with the Russian article. You dismissed it, not an authority you liked; big surprise huh?

But we both know why, because this point is nothing but a matter of faith to you.
Talking about the man and not the argument, sounds like a death rattle.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
That's what the word consensus means.
No, it means complete or almost complete agreement. If I sneak into congress and declare I am the god emperor and no one dissents; that's not consensus.
Ok, so let’s recap here. I’ve provided a dozen articles written well before this issue ever became politicized explaining how Shokin was corrupt according to the US, the EU, and from a large swath of Ukraine and challenged you to find one - just one - article from that same time period arguing that Shokin was not corrupt and/or should have kept his job.

You can’t find one. And you clearly looked since you went as far as to translate articles written in another language.

But yet you believe you are sitting on rational grounds to claim that a consensus should not be assumed because there might be other people or other countries that didn’t think he was corrupt but just haven’t said so.

This is the classic example of an argument from ignorance. Your position here is based off of literally nothing.

there is no evidence that the grumbling of a few EU bureaucrats was anything but that which was latched onto as a bolstering excuse by the US executive campaign.
In other words, “here’s another possibility you haven’t proven false, therefore I’m rationally justified in accepting it as true”

A follows B. I haven't seen any evidence of international attention dated from before Hunter started collecting bribes.
That’s because Shokin wasn’t in the job yet.

We’ve been through the timeline already, that was the conversation where you failed to recognize that 4+6=10

Ah so you don't have the evidence you claim, you just want me to submit to the generic opinion of various columnists who almost certainly did no independent research.
No, I want you to recognize that when all of the evidence points in the same direction, the only rational position is to tentatively accept it.

Attack the credibility of anyone who wrote any literature on this subject as a middle man just parroting what they were told to say by some nefarious force
Like you attacked the credibility of Shokin and Giuliani.
No, not like that at all.

I attacked the credibility of Shokin and Giuliani by giving reasons and examples specific to those two individuals. Your attacks were indiscriminate hand waiving away of anyone who dared to take a position that countered your narrative. These are not the same thing. Context actually matters.

Well other than the senate committee everyone worked for Biden... so yea.
They didn’t work for Biden. The ambassador reports to the Secretary of State, who reports to the President. Biden also reports to the President. Contrary to your fantasy narrative, Biden was not ultimately in charge and the ambassador did not report to him.

I’ve explained this already. If you’re going to reply the least you can do is acknowledge what has been said.

As I explained several times, if you are not ruling out personal motivations then the overwhelming circumstantial evidence of corruption remains the best explanation.
We’re talking about whether there was a consensus around Shokin. Focus.

Rudy Giuliani was the president's personal attorney. He reported to no one else but Donald J Trump. Not the same thing.
And Donald J Trump works for the American people.
You ignored everything I just said to draw a line that doesn’t connect.

Setting aside the laughable notion that Donald Trump ever saw himself as working for the American people… once again, Giuliani was Trump’s personal attorney, so this is already an apples to oranges comparison. Moreover, we’re talking about potential corrupt influences. Corruption is the product of corrupt individuals which in Biden’s case would have needed to start above him with Obama. It is incoherent to insert “the American people” as a corrupt influence in this conversation.

The evidence is the fact that internal affairs of Ukraine are none of our business + the fact of Biden's corruption + Ambassador works for Biden.
Your opinion on US foreign policy is not evidence of anything.

Biden’s corruption is the claim we are debating  you’re being the question.

The ambassador does not work for Biden.

Biden doesn't need to tell the ambassador "look I'm taking bribes and I want you to go out and lie about Shokin", he just needs to say "look people don't like Shokin, we got to get rid of him".
A conversation you have zero evidence for nor any reasonable argument that it ever took place. Your entire case for this is that it fits into your narrative, which you are using as evidence. It’s classic question begging.

Already did with the Russian article. You dismissed it, not an authority you liked; big surprise huh?
Here’s the difference between you and I; I actually look at the articles and accept or reject them based on their merits. You base the merits on whether they agree with your narrative, just as you judge my ability to assess the articles on whether it goes along with your narrative.

I explained in detail what was wrong with your articles. You’ve since dropped that conversation and are now trying to use the fact that I do not accept your articles as evidence of your position as an argument that I’m somehow being biased. It’s absurd, but it’s also telling.

The reason I narrowed this conversation down to the question of whether there was a consensus on Shokin is because you can’t resolve a disagreement by referring to a scorecard of smaller disagreements, when those smaller disagreements are themselves unresolved. If you really believe your articles prove what you think they do then you need to stick with that argument or drop it. You can’t drop them and then pretend that the fact that I didn’t buy your BS proves anything else you have to say.