Trump breaks all the rules

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 35
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Trump used the Lincoln Memorial as a stage set damaging the 100 year old monument and breaking long established rules.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Lol, who could have predicted Biden would be the 1st president to order an FBI raid on a political rival?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol, who could have predicted Biden would be the 1st president to order an FBI raid on a political rival?
That’s who you listen to? A bearded, tatted, hillbilly with a cross on his chest. You’re a dummy.
Trump politicized the Justice Department . With Barr and with his attempt to use it to overturn the 2020 election.
Biden had no say in the decision to raid the idiot Trump’s home.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You would be a lot smarter if you lost your vision.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
That’s who you listen to? A bearded, tatted, hillbilly with a cross on his chest. You’re a dummy.
He isn't a hillbilly so really all you said here, minus the hillbilly, is what Conservatives say when dismissing what Democrat podcasters say things...

This is nothing but ad hominem in its purest form, both to GreyParrot and to the YouTuber.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Trump breaks all the rules
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@RationalMadman
This is nothing but ad hominem in its purest form, both to GreyParrot and to the YouTuber.
Crazy talk deserves nothing but derision. People in power giving crazy talk anything but derision is how we got the Tea Party and the MAGA movement.

Thanks GOP!

You might think it’s a good idea to invite the village idiot to speak at the city council meeting. I think it’s a waste of time and will make it harder to govern.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Crazy talk deserves nothing but derision. People in power giving crazy talk anything but derision is how we got the Tea Party and the MAGA movement.
It is the derision that created those movements. You don't think 30-40 million people just have an inexplicable love of orange haired real estate moguls do you?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You might think it’s a good idea to invite the village idiot to speak at the city council meeting. I think it’s a waste of time and will make it harder to govern.
Then get the fuck off of a debate website, tbh.

I get where you are coming from, if you notice I don't get into these petty back and forths too often here as I know genuine debating is rare and this forum stuff is just banter and chatting shit more often than not.

What I don't get is why you come to a debate website explicitly with a mentality of persuading nobody, engaging nobody and just belittling others. You're not the first here to do it, you're just the most blatantly admitting that's your agenda.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It is the derision that created those movements. You don't think 30-40 million people just have an inexplicable love of orange haired real estate moguls do you?
Yes, I have heard that before - that disdain for low information citizens who readily accept unfounded conspiracy theories is causing them to get even more angry. What can you say about someone who thinks Barack Obama was born in Kenya? Or that contrails from airliners are evidence the government is poisoning the people? Often these people are driven by racism and status anxiety - they are falling out of the middle class. All I can say is don’t  say stupid things and people won’t think you’re stupid. In the Information Age, ignorance is a choice.

They love Trump because he says the same stupid things they say. The same racist tropes that they want to say.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Yes, I have heard that before - that disdain for low information citizens who readily accept unfounded conspiracy theories is causing them to get even more angry. What can you say about someone who thinks Barack Obama was born in Kenya?
I say that Kenya is not like the surface of Mars or anything and that on the face of it someone being born there is not absurd.

I say that if Obama was not born in Kenya it speaks volumes about the abused trust of media and government that so many people don't trust them to relay that information accurately.

Often these people are driven by racism and status anxiety -
That I have found is almost entirely false.

they are falling out of the middle class.
A lot of people are, and it is almost entirely the fault of government action.

In the Information Age, ignorance is a choice.
It would take a person of especially low intelligence to look at the internet as it exists and think to oneself "gee, the truth is so easy to find these days".

Once you know several hotspots like wikipedia, twitter, google, etc.. are being censored and tailored by people with specific political and ethical agendas (and knowing such a thing does not require great knowledge or intelligence) the wisest course is distrust.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I say that if Obama was not born in Kenya it speaks volumes about the abused trust of media and government that so many people don't trust them to relay that information accurately.
If? If Obama wasn’t born in Kenya? Are you one of those?

No, it was just racism. And the fact people don’t trust the media and government is because most people are ignorant when it comes to the issues. They fail to exercise good critical thinking skills, they believe sources that lack credentials to speak with authority, and there are a lot of people, like FOX News and Republicans, who are willing to give them the lies they want to believe.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Once you know several hotspots like wikipedia, twitter, google, etc.. are being censored and tailored by people with specific political and ethical agendas (and knowing such a thing does not require great knowledge or intelligence) the wisest course is distrust.
Oh brother, another conspiracy theorists is identified. Do me a favor, don’t call me anymore. I came to this site looking for intellectuals, not wack jobs.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Many hardcore Trump haters on the left openly admit the optics on the FBI raid almost guarantees a Trump re-election. Independent voters simply do not embrace government abuse of the FBI like the left does. 

This is the only card the left can play though since the administration knows by now that they won't be able to fix the economy by November, and Jan 6 hearings were a monumental flop failing to move the needle at all among independent voters. 

It was a risky gamble and they lost. Polls are coming out daily with the needle going the opposite direction the left intended among independents.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No, it was just racism.
Make an argument.

And the fact people don’t trust the media and government is because most people are ignorant when it comes to the issues.
It could also be explained by them being less ignorant than you.

hey fail to exercise good critical thinking skills, they believe sources that lack credentials to speak with authority
Trusting authority is typically the domain of those with poor critical thinking skills. Those with an effective rational faculty understand and have confidence in their own ability to analyze and spot check.

Do me a favor, don’t call me anymore. I came to this site looking for intellectuals, not wack jobs.
No can do, I'll continue to comment when I have a comment. I believe you are looking for an engineered echo chamber, there are plenty who will cater to you. Then you can, like the portrayed fox-news-zombie, be free from cognitive dissonance or thinking at all really.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@RationalMadman
What I don't get is why you come to a debate website
To let people know they don’t know what they are talking about. To push back on crazy talk. So the nut jobs can’t ever say “why didn’t somebody tell me I was crazy” like these poor bastards that had their lives ruined after being arrested for their conduct on January 6.

You may think it’s appropriate to validate their nonsense. You may think you can reason with unreasonable people. I think that’s a big mistake and it’s why  the Tea Party morphed into MAGA world. Speak truth to crazy!
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I say that Kenya is not like the surface of Mars or anything and that on the face of it someone being born there is not absurd.
Make an argument? Have you ever seen a picture of Obama’s mother in Kenya? In order to be born in Kenya, his mother would have had to been there, right? And, since no one has ever disputed that his mother was an American citizen, he would be no less an American than Ted Cruz who was born in Canada. Yet there was very little talk of Cruz not being a natural born citizen. Why? RACISM by republicans.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Words of a person that cannot logically defend his views. Keep relying on your ad hom crutch, it works for a lot of politicians, so it may work well for you.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@RationalMadman
Bull shit. I defend my views very logically. I attack people when they attack me. I won’t standby and be attacked by an obviously ignorant person.

And the politician who uses insults and lies the most is undisputedly Donald Trump. So the people who bitch about ad hominem attacks supported a guy for president who excels at personal attacks. Hypocrites. Idiots!

I make my argument and if the guy has been identified as hostile and ignorant, I add in an insult or two for emphasis.
Democrat politicians should try it. Democrats need to be more robust and aggressive when dealing with idiot republicans.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
In reality, you arent attacked and play victim to justify lashing out.

Even if insulted, insulting back is for banter purposes, you are just making your side look ugly and immature if you keep resorting to playground insults.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You are calling them hypocrites to justify your own hypocrisy.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
IwantRooseveltagain: Make an argument?
Alright:

/It is unlikely that a webpage would be setup addressing something that cannot or does not happen
//It is likely that childbirth can and does occur in Kenya.

There are plenty more arguments possible.

IwantRooseveltagain: Yet there was very little talk of Cruz not being a natural born citizen. Why? RACISM by republicans.
Racism that only manifests as political asymmetry? That's not racism that political bias. A true racist would disparage Cruz (or Obama) for his genes regardless of where he was born.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain, are you trying to say that people who believed Trump when he said Putin is your friend and the American people are your enemy are stupid?

I mean, cmon, that's like saying people who abandon democracy for a Russian backed Autocrat because he hugged a flag aren't patriots.  You don't think that's stupid do you?

I suppose you think people who can be controlled by conspiracy theories  aren't critical thinkers, or maybe that racists aren't good people.  

Maybe you just don't understand alternative facts. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@RationalMadman
You are calling them hypocrites to justify your own hypocrisy.
And people who are intolerant of intolerant people are themselves intolerant?

If people support a President who insults, why should I refrain from insulting those people?

If people say Obama was born in Kenya or even he may have been born in Kenya, I immediately flag that person as a wack job and likely a racist.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@RationalMadman
In reality, you arent attacked and play victim to justify lashing out.
I’m not attacked? Want to bet? Do you have your eyes open?

Here’s one - “Wow. Way to demonstrate to the proverbial "T" what a Jar Head you are.”

Another - Yeah, this is why an E4 Military Police Investigator is more intelligent than a mere butter bar Jar Head Marine. 

You are losing credibility as a “rational” madman.
FLRW
FLRW

President Trump, who called for a second summit with Vladimir Putin, also says journalists, not Russia, are the “real enemy of the people.”

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
There we go, pointless attacks at me, unprovoked. You have proven nothing.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Trump Derangement Syndrome at its finest
FLRW
FLRW

Trump:   'I Am Not A Crook'
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
So the FBI finally disclosed on page 3 of the Maralago raid warrant affidavit that they were looking for the Crossfire Hurricane documents that incriminated the FBI.

I'm Dead.💀💀💀