@Intelligence_06
Because we have only gone downhill ever since voting laws have changed
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Nope, it's actually the opposite. It is intuitive to violate our human rights
You say Intuitive, I say ignorance. The lack of understanding of another humans mental state. If everyone could read each others thoughts, human rights violations would go right down. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You are using that to justify why you think women don’t deserve voting rights. I am not convinced.

9 days later

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Intelligence_06
ok?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Reece101
Human understanding can only get us so far
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Dr.Franklin
OK. I will consider that point conceded. Come back when you have proof.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Intelligence_06
the proof is that literally everything has gotten worse in the West ever since we deviated from absolute Catholic monarchy
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Dr.Franklin
the proof is that literally everything has gotten worse in the West ever since we deviated from absolute Catholic monarchy
Why worse? I think it is better. What got worse, how much worse? Why everything?

I will give a counterexample: Technology. What are you trying to prove?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Intelligence_06
Technology always marches on. It's the application of technology that has gotten worse, i.e social media
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Dr.Franklin
We are really comparing it to a time where you buy tickets to heaven with money, where we burn witches at stakes. Where we disallow medical anatomical exploration. But go ahead and say that the current application of technology is worse.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Intelligence_06
it is worse, witch burning is based
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Eh, not that kind. Framing random women for causing diseases when in reality rats carry the microscopic particles is not based in any metric.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Intelligence_06
diseases?

10 days later

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Solaris1
You first have to define and get everyone to agree what a human right is and what every right a human has. Good luck with that endeavor. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
-> @Solaris1
You first have to define and get everyone to agree what a human right is and what every right a human has. Good luck with that endeavor. 
Why don’t you help him since you know how much you struggled to define human rights yourself.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Too many people wanting too much.

And all that such overdemand entails.

So, Doc. It doesn't matter who's in charge.

And material evolution exceeded the naivety of Abrahamic based deism some time ago.

Just as we are out of date Doc.

So, no good fretting too much about that which will not concern us.

Top of the morning.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
Um could you not respond to my posts, I find then mostly condescending and tiresome.
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
--> @Shila
Um could you not respond to my posts, I find then mostly condescending and tiresome
We know of your struggles and how much you struggled to define human rights yourself.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
Yes you are correct, thanks for pointing that out and clearing that up for me. I'll try harder to figure out what all the human rights are that no one disagrees on or believes should be a human right. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
We know of your struggles and how much you struggled to define human rights yourself.

-->
@Shila
Yes you are correct, thanks for pointing that out and clearing that up for me. I'll try harder to figure out what all the human rights are that no one disagrees on or believes should be a human right.
It certainly has taken you time to figure out what all the human rights are that no one disagrees on or believes should be a human right. Hope you still have time left to enjoy those human rights after you figure out what they are.

38 days later

Username
Debates: 9
Username
I disagree with the idea that Nazis think human rights are important, and that's evidenced by how they treated everyone; there was a total disrespect for the rights of humans, not just because they thought rights were subservient to this greater racial cause, but because they really didn't care about rights in the first place. Whatever "right" an individual had in Nazi Germany really was just instrumental to hold the society together; the race was the only thing that foundationally mattered. It's not like Nazism is just like every other value system, except with "extreme racism and antisemitism" just inserted randomly. It's a different kind of thing. 

I would say that Nazism is not super coherent, it's really just emotional, idealist fantasizing that is incredibly cruel and unempathetic. Rights can never be secured because there's no grounds for them in Nazi ideology. You could argue that Nazism and other ideologies both want to do "good" things, but even there, the Nazi conception of "good" is so radically divorced from most people's that it's hard to equate them with each other on the most basic level. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Username
I would say that Nazism is not super coherent,
it's just basic "in-group" versus "out-group" behavior