Murder in Memphis

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 41
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
A body found Monday has been identified as that of a kindergarten teacher who was abducted during an early-morning jog last week in Memphis, authorities announced Tuesday.

First the  Uvalde, Texas mass shooting at a school and the incompetent response by law enforcement. Now this. These Republican led cities and states are just havens for violent crime. So poorly managed.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So are you claiming in all seriousness towns like uvalde are less safe to live in than blue cities like Detroit, Washington DC and Gary Indiana?
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Do me a favor. Challenge me to a debate on whether you are more likely to be a victim of violent crime in red cities like Jupiter Island Florida than in Blue cities like Chicago
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
The guy is still pissed BLM bought a mansion with his white guilt donation.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Greyparrot
The guy is still pissed BLM bought a mansion with his white guilt donation
A lot of people had no ideal that Marxists use identity politics so they can create situations where minorities are cannon fodder for pushing their agenda. 

I am saying Marxists right now because it is more PC than saying Kike.
TWS1405
TWS1405
IwantRooseveltagain,

Comparing Uvalde to a rapist/murderer is a false equivalency fallacy. 

And you are flat out ignorant on the most violent cities; they are not republican lead, they are Democratic/left/progressive lead.  You CLOWN!
Shila
Shila
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
A body found Monday has been identified as that of a kindergarten teacher who was abducted during an early-morning jog last week in Memphis, authorities announced Tuesday.

First the  Uvalde, Texas mass shooting at a school and the incompetent response by law enforcement. Now this. These Republican led cities and states are just havens for violent crime. So poorly managed.
The suspect was black. Why the cops didn’t shoot him is still a mystery. 

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
The suspect was black. Why the cops didn’t shoot him is still a mystery. 
Wow. You're showing yourself to be as wholeheartedly ignorant as the author of this thread is. I mean really, JFC. 

Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405

Black Americans are 3.23 times more likely than white Americans to be killed by police, according to a new study by researchers from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The researchers examined 5,494 police-related deaths in the U.S. between 2013 and 2017. Rates of deadly police encounters were higher in the West and South than in the Midwest and Northeast, according to the study. Racial disparities in killings by police varied widely across the country, with some metropolitan areas showing very high differences between treatment by race. Black Chicagoans, for example, were found to be over 650% more likely to be killed by police than white Chicagoans.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Shila
Once again statistics is wielded by those who don't know the rules.

More likely given the same circumstances or more likely per total population? No doubt the number you quote is the later. There is no contradiction, and the in-circumstance statistic is more relevant since it speaks to the presumption you expressed.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
Black Americans are 3.23 times more likely than white Americans to be killed by police, according to a new study by researchers from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The researchers examined 5,494 police-related deaths in the U.S. between 2013 and 2017. Rates of deadly police encounters were higher in the West and South than in the Midwest and Northeast, according to the study. Racial disparities in killings by police varied widely across the country, with some metropolitan areas showing very high differences between treatment by race. Black Chicagoans, for example, were found to be over 650% more likely to be killed by police than white Chicagoans.
A sliver of a tiny % of black males in this country commit over 50% of the entire nation's murders, non-negligent manslaughters, robberies, rapes, etc. 

Police go where the crime is.

Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent person crime. 

Blacks fight, argue, resist cops. Whites typically do not, yet still get shot more in the aggregate than blacks. 

And you disproved your own position with the last sentence. Chicago proving my position. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

Argument from anecdote
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I haven’t seen any reports of rape in this case. I assume you are calling it rape the same way you would call any crime by a  Muslim terrorism.

And why would a mass shooting be a false equivalence to a rape/murder? Because their are two kinds of crime - regular and black.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@oromagi
Argument from anecdote
Nonsense. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
-->@oromagi
Argument from anecdote
Nonsense. 
Argument by Dismissal

Avery
Avery
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
-->@oromagi
Argument from anecdote
Nonsense. 
Argument by Dismissal
Oromagi is destroying you, and he's a fellow Progressive. That's how dreadful your arguments are.

Avery
Avery
-->
@TWS1405
You should seriously consider finding and quoting the studies listed in these articles, and just doing so in general. It gives more credence to what you're saying. It also allows you and people to delve right into the content in a meaningful way, so that when smarter Progressives like Oromagi and Ramshutu come along, you're better able to contend with them.
TWS1405
TWS1405
I haven’t seen any reports of rape in this case. I assume you are calling it rape the same way you would call any crime by a  Muslim terrorism.

And why would a mass shooting be a false equivalence to a rape/murder? Because their are two kinds of crime - regular and black.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Avery
Thank you, good advice!
T
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TWS1405
 smarter Progressives like Oromagi and Ramshutu come along, 
Smart and Progressive should never be seen in a single sentence, ever.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Greyparrot
Agreed! Especially where Ramshutu is concerned. 
Avery
Avery
-->
@Greyparrot
If you look at their debate records and how they deal with complex arguments, they're clearly quite smart.

Having a bad political ideology doesn't make you unintelligent. In fact, it's probably more intellectually taxing to be a Progressive because of all the cerebral notions you have to construct.
Shila
Shila
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
--> @Shila
Once again statistics is wielded by those who don't know the rules.

More likely given the same circumstances or more likely per total population? No doubt the number you quote is the later. There is no contradiction, and the in-circumstance statistic is more relevant since it speaks to the presumption you expressed.
TWS1405 was trained in law enforcement. His incompetency is expected.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Avery
Intelligence isn't measured by rhetorical debates, it is measured by positive tangible outcomes in the real world.

In the Darwinian sense of intelligence of course.
Avery
Avery
-->
@Greyparrot
Intelligence isn't measured by rhetorical debates, it is measured by positive tangible outcomes in the real world.

In the Darwinian sense of intelligence of course.
They're grappling with complex ideas and forming rebuttals. 

That's a "positive tangible outcome".

Look, I would agree that Progressivism is a failed, cancerous ideology. But I don't think we can write off people who believe in it as having negative IQ. They just believe a lot of wrong, ideological things.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Avery
I'm just saying in the Darwinian sense, if you don't have a tangible outcome, it's not a benefit. We generally accept dolphins being more intelligent than humans, but no human considers any dolphin to use that intelligence as much as humans do to advance the species.
Avery
Avery
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm just saying in the Darwinian sense, if you don't have a tangible outcome, it's not a benefit. 
Okay lol.

We generally accept dolphins being more intelligent than humans
I sure don't. What are you basing that on?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Avery
Well some conjecture that they have larger brains and that equates to intelligence. We could also argue Marx was intelligent, yet his ideas directly led to the deaths of 30 million Russians, millions of Cambodians, and god knows how many Chinese killed.

I wouldn't consider Marx a particularly smart man despite his IQ.

Bobby Fischer was also batshit crazy with his politics despite being the best chess player to ever live. Intelligence is extremely relative.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Greyparrot
--> @Avery
We generally accept dolphins being more intelligent than humans
Well some conjecture that they have larger brains and that equates to intelligence. We could also argue Marx was intelligent, yet his ideas directly led to the deaths of 30 million Russians, millions of Cambodians, and god knows how many Chinese killed.

Bobby Fischer was also batshit crazy with his politics despite being the best chess player to ever live. Intelligence is extremely relative.
You just gave two examples where dolphins are more intelligent than humans.

Avery
Avery
-->
@Greyparrot
Well some conjecture that they have larger brains and that equates to intelligence.
I don't think "some conjecture" warrants any belief. Do you have any data showing that it's the case they are more intelligent?

Then you're not arguing for a standard definition of intelligence.

When I say that Oromagi and Ramshutu are smart, I'm talking about the standard definition of intelligence.