Murder in Memphis

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 41
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Avery
And like my example with Bobby Fischer, you can be very intelligent at one thing (chess) and a total idiot in the realm of politics.

The sum of the outcomes of one's intelligence is what I would classify a person as "smart"

Avery
Debates: 0
Avery
-->
@Greyparrot
.. a total idiot in the realm of politics.

The sum of the outcomes of one's intelligence is what I would classify a person as "smart"
This is just not intelligence lol.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Avery
What do you mean? Do you not consider Bobby Fischer to be intelligent? Do you think he was a "smart" man?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Avery
So you are a conservative and an atheist. You must lead a very lonely life. It’s pretty hard to put those two beliefs together.
Avery
Avery
-->
@Greyparrot
What do you mean? Do you not consider Bobby Fischer to be intelligent? Do you think he was a "smart" man?
I'm saying the complete opposite -- Bobby Fischer was a genius.

His political beliefs are totally irrelevant to that point. Political beliefs are partly a result of genetic tendencies and environment, of which neither have to be directly a result of intelligence. The raw capacity to deal with complex meaning and patterns (high intelligence) can exist in diametrically opposed worldviews.

You could say that Bobby Fischer used his genius intellect poorly to formulate his political views. But you can't say he's not a genius (just look at his chess success of which most was achieved independently). 
Avery
Avery
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So you are a conservative and an atheist. You must lead a very lonely life. It’s pretty hard to put those two beliefs together.
Aww. Someone has his panties in a bunch. You upset over this depiction of factual reality? Murder in Memphis (debateart.com)

Poor thing ;*(
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Sounds like a Democrat was killed by another Democrat.

Libs:  Not Owned [OWNED]
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Avery
Look, I would agree that Progressivism is a failed, cancerous ideology. But I don't think we can write off people who believe in it as having negative IQ. They just believe a lot of wrong, ideological things.
yeah I hate progressivism as much as anyone else but it doesn’t help to deny reality. The overwhelming leftist crop of students at elite institutions aren’t low IQ. 

A smart person who starts out with the wrong assumptions is much more dangerous than a dumb person because they’re capable of rationalizations upon rationalizations. And when driven mad by cognitive dissonance they’re able to take out their rage on the world effectively
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@thett3
A smart person who starts out with the wrong assumptions is much more dangerous than a dumb person
You say this even though you admit you’re a Catholic? Talk about wrong assumptions.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
>@ADreamOfLiberty
--> @Shila
Once again statistics is wielded by those who don't know the rules.

More likely given the same circumstances or more likely per total population? No doubt the number you quote is the later. There is no contradiction, and the in-circumstance statistic is more relevant since it speaks to the presumption you expressed.
TWS1405 was trained in law enforcement. His incompetency is expected.
My academic and professional background goes far beyond merely law enforcement. 
Pretty arrogant (and ignorantly so) of you to assume what you think you know what I have been trained in, exactly. Nor what I have done in law enforcement, especially since I have not fully disclosed anything in great detail about same. But it also speaks to your general attitude towards those who do work in law enforcement, a sentiment echoed by many on the left. That they are incompetent, undereducated and all are heavily biased. Among other negative traits incorrectly ascribed upon the men and women in blue. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TWS1405
Take the criticism with a grain of salt. The progressive left's solution for dealing with criminal behavior in society starts and ends with social workers in every case.