MAGA Martyr

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 145
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Why do you feel comfortable contradicting the defense expert witnesses, the studies they cited?
The defense provided one expert witness;

“David Fowler, a retired forensic pathologist said that the manner of Floyd's death should be classified as "undetermined" rather than "homicide".”
So you feel comfortable contradicting experts so long as there is only one in your field of vision?

Your claim is that the expert witnesses for the prosecution lied about easily verifiable data, in the most watched trial in a decade, that put a man in jail for over 20 years.
If he/she was knowledgeable, was mistaken otherwise.

And not only did the defense fail to go after these experts for perjury, which would easily get their client out of jail
Nothing would have easily gotten their client out of jail, he was the witch of 1/3 of the country; and 3/4 of the local area.

but the one expert witness they were able to recruit to sell their narrative could do no better than to argue; ‘meh, who knows?’
This is another example of a false statement being either ignorance or dishonesty. Maybe you didn't watch the trial, in which case your misplaced trust in wikipedia authors has led you to this description. Maybe you did watch the trial and don't care to remember. Maybe you know this is false but are repeating a lie hoping you start to believe it.

The defense witness cited a study which all but proved what millions of people with human bodies already know from extensive personal experience; you can't suffocate someone with a 200 lb weight from behind.

It is a fallacy to create a false dichotomy, and in this case the false dichotomy is between knowing what didn't kill him and knowing what did.

And so in the absence of qualified experts explaining in detail how the prosecution lied, you, with no medical expertise beyond that fact that you used to wrestle, have taken to Google to do your own research and present that as informed criticism of the persecutions expert testimony.
All that in addition to the cross examinations, but you wold have to have watched the trial and not just read cherry picked information off wikipedia to be aware of those parts.

You should make up your mind on google, when it comes to Ukraine it's infallible; when it comes to toxicology.... Then again it's not the search engine that's the issue. A single ledger of hard data is worth a thousand blogs and bare assertions if you ask me.

Oh and
...of the persecutions expert testimony.
I have to make a dig about freudian slips.

And your explanation for why you seem to know so much better than those who have spent their entire lives studying this is that everyone’s lying. And how do you know they’re lying? Because your wrestling background informed Google searching said so.
I don't need an explanation. If they're wrong they're wrong no matter the reason. You may have noticed I reject the irrationality of authority based epistemology. I don't have to hate religion to not believe in the bible and I don't have to assassinate the character or education of people to disagree with them, or prove them wrong.

Also note that there was only one definite falsehood in a quote provided in this thread. Your continued implication that it was more than one person is an attempt to appeal to a bandwagon.

If you want to see a real dichotomy, simply review this thread. There is a dichotomy, either the person who said there is rarely norfentanyl in overdoses is wrong or the study I linked to is wrong about its data.

This is why “conspiracy theorist” is a derogatory term.
Ad homs are popular, and you may as well make them interesting right?

It's not like you can argue the science right?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I think he conceded the point that Floyd was having trouble breathing before he was put on the ground. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@3RU7AL
strangely, most of the magaqanontrumpheads that i've actually spoken with don't really "care" about "trump"
Makes sense. Trump is an ignorant racist like they are. They see Trump as the embodiment of themselves.

They figure if Trump wins, they win. Trump is the leader of the stupid people in America. Their attitude is - yea we’re stupid and racist and proud of it. You can’t tell us our alternative reality is wrong.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@3RU7AL
the systemic failures of the BINARY political system 
So you are non-binary then? In a way, you are Woke.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@3RU7AL
but they see "trump" as a way to disrupt the status-quo in washington
Using Trump to disrupt the status quo (no hyphen necessary) is like calling a plumber when you don’t trust a doctor to treat your constipation issues.

It may sound like a good idea in theory, but in reality you are just going to make things worse.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
like calling a plumber when you don’t trust a doctor to treat your constipation issues.

When there exists no doctor, the plumber is king.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
That’s what I would expect a dummy to believe.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
and is the surgeon in your metaphor joe biden ?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@3RU7AL
You blew the metaphor.

Would you go to a surgeon for constipation?
Shila
Shila
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
--> @3RU7AL
You blew the metaphor.

Would you go to a surgeon for constipation?
We are glad you did not go into the medical field with your application of metaphors.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
So you feel comfortable contradicting experts so long as there is only one in your field of vision?
Your entire argument here is that the toxicologist who actually examined the body is wrong about his findings. I’m not the one contradicting experts, I’m merely pointing out that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

The reason I emphasized “one” is to show that what I was about to point to is the only reference point you had in the trial. In other words everything you claim to have gotten from the trial is limited to this one individual, so the rest of your assertions don’t get to hide behind the veil of expertise.

I also emphasized “one” to point out that the only individual the defense could find to argue your side would not even go as far as you have, again further demonstrating the silliness of your position.

Your position is that the facts asserted by the prosecution’s expert witnesses are so easily verifiably  false that anyone with an internet connection can spend a few minutes on Google and pull up the data proving them wrong. To claim this is a product of them just not knowing any better is ridiculous.

The defense witness cited a study which all but proved what millions of people with human bodies already know from extensive personal experience; you can't suffocate someone with a 200 lb weight from behind.
You are the one citing study’s on fentanyl to prove Floyd overdosed. That’s what we’re talking about.

You should make up your mind on google, when it comes to Ukraine it's infallible;
This is a blatant strawman and you know that.

when it comes to toxicology.... 
Toxicology is a field of medical science. If all it took was an hour or so on Google to qualify yourself students wouldn’t spend ten years of their lives getting  their degrees.

This is an entirely different thing from determining whether the international community wanted Victor Shokin fired.

You may have noticed I reject the irrationality of authority based epistemology.
Yes, I’ve definitely noticed that. It’s kind of the hallmark of conspiratorial thinking.

What you are calling “authority based epistemology” is just the recognition that people who have spent their entire lives studying a given field probably know more about that field than you do, so all you’re really rejecting is the possibility of your own ignorance. There’s nothing rational about that, in fact it’s an absurdly irrational position when applied to a field of study that’s been built on generations of discovery.

I can argue the science but that is pointless since neither of us have any expertise so neither of us really knows what we’re talking about.

Here’s the thing, if you were, say studying toxicology because you interested in going into the field I would be more inclined to hear you out and go back and forth with you. But you have no interest in that. The only reason you are googling studies on the ng/ml levels of fentanyl in overdoses is because this subject has been politicized and you are trying to prove the point you already believed. You don’t really care about this, so digging through studies to show you you’re wrong is pointless. They weren’t what convinced you, so they’re not going to change your mind.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Shila
We are glad you did not go into the medical field with your application of metaphors.
Why is that?

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Your entire argument here is that the toxicologist who actually examined the body is wrong about his findings.
No toxicologist examined the body, the coroner examined the body and she found no bruising of the windpipe. My argument has nothing to do with her, I commented that I believed she was politically motivated but that speculation is not part of my argument concluding that Floyd killed himself with drugs.

That argument relies on no authority save for the authority of the cited study to publish raw data.

I’m not the one contradicting experts
If you're saying someone can be suffocated due to a force from behind you are.

I’m merely pointing out that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Well you're asserting that claim, you have not done anything to support it.

The reason I emphasized “one” is to show that what I was about to point to is the only reference point you had in the trial. In other words everything you claim to have gotten from the trial is limited to this one individual, so the rest of your assertions don’t get to hide behind the veil of expertise.
This one individual was not the only one to testify at the trial, that's why cross examinations exist; to expose contradictions, lies, and other relevant facts even from witnesses that were called by the opposition.

so the rest of your assertions don’t get to hide behind the veil of expertise.
I never hide behind the veil of expertise, I leave that to the pretenders. If I claim to be an expert on some things it is mere commentary and no substitute for an argument.

I make arguments and I evaluate arguments. That is what intellectually honest people do if they wish to confront others with disagreements.

Your position is that the facts asserted by the prosecution’s expert witnesses are so easily verifiably  false that anyone with an internet connection can spend a few minutes on Google and pull up the data proving them wrong. To claim this is a product of them just not knowing any better is ridiculous.
I didn't claim the person who made that claim (as quoted in this thread) didn't know any better, I claimed that if that person did know better then he/she did lie; because the fact remains that anyone with an internet connection (and has retained Bio 101 knowledge) can spend a few minutes on Google and pull up the data proving them wrong.

You are the one citing study’s on fentanyl to prove Floyd overdosed. That’s what we’re talking about.
You forget the context. You claimed that there was no point debating this because we are not experts. I asked you why you are trying to debate it if you believed that to be the case. I asked why you feel that as a non-expert you can choose which experts to believe, because that's essentially what you're telling me I'm not allowed to do.

You should make up your mind on google, when it comes to Ukraine it's infallible;
This is a blatant strawman and you know that.
I truly do not know that.

when it comes to toxicology.... 
Toxicology is a field of medical science. If all it took was an hour or so on Google to qualify yourself students wouldn’t spend ten years of their lives getting  their degrees.
That's ten years wasted if they can't avoid contradicting a large data set I would say.

This is an entirely different thing from determining whether the international community wanted Victor Shokin fired.
Indeed, one is simply related quotes and assertions of related quotes. Hearsay to the 2nd and sometimes 4th degree. The other has hard data, charts, math. I called the Ukraine debate fuzzy logic. Disproving a statement like "overdose victims rarely have norfentanyl in their system" is not fuzzy at all.

You may have noticed I reject the irrationality of authority based epistemology.
Yes, I’ve definitely noticed that. It’s kind of the hallmark of conspiratorial thinking.
As if there was only one type of thinking possible outside of your carefully tailored application of faith.

What you are calling “authority based epistemology” is just the recognition that people who have spent their entire lives studying a given field probably know more about that field than you do, so all you’re really rejecting is the possibility of your own ignorance.
No, what I am calling "authority based epistemology" is the belief (or behavior consistent with the belief whether consciously admitted or not) that the truth value of an assertion depends on the quality of the asserter, good or bad.

I am rejecting the possibility of non-axiomatic knowledge that has no supporting argument. If there was an argument I could not understand because it referenced too many concepts I was not familiar with I would admit that it could be sound but my ignorance prevents me from determining whether it is so.

That is what ignorance looks like. It does not look like a so called expert making an assertion, providing no argument; and dismissing contradicting arguments. It certainly does not look like a third party claiming someone else is an authority so everything they assert is beyond question.

That's unearned certainty, and the province of fools and zealots. If you believe "experts" would be able to explain how it is that a distribution clearly shows norfentanyl being present at ~50% the mass ratio of fentanyl in overdose victims is consistent with "overdose victims rarely have norfentanyl in their system" you are entitled to whatever articles of faith you may wish to keep; but I am not obligated to share them.

I can argue the science but that is pointless since neither of us have any expertise so neither of us really knows what we’re talking about.
So you can't prove I'm ignorant, but you feel entitled to contradict my claims because you believe I'm ignorant; despite the fact that I make all arguments publicly and link to hard data.

I'd say that qualifies as wasting everyone's time.

Here’s the thing, if you were, say studying toxicology because you interested in going into the field I would be more inclined to hear you out and go back and forth with you.
Yes, that is the hallmark of authority based epistemology as opposed to rationality (rational epistemology = all knowledge arises from logic applied to evidence). To you the frock is more important than the sermon.

I do find it especially ironic that people in your political camp call their enemies "conservative" while having the most inflexible of philosophical cores: orthodoxy (which is inherently an authority based value systems). I wonder how many remember that it was through defying authority with strong arguments that the decaying mountains of reputation upon which academia rests were originally built.

I wonder how many would continue to treat diplomas like a sacred mark if enemy political tribes gained controlled of the universities.

The only reason you are googling studies on the ng/ml levels of fentanyl in overdoses is because this subject has been politicized and you are trying to prove the point you already believed.
My motives are as irrelevant as the coroner's to the truth of the matter.

You don’t really care about this, so digging through studies to show you you’re wrong is pointless.
Or impossible, guess "we'll" never know.

They weren’t what convinced you, so they’re not going to change your mind.
Convenient theory.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
and is the gastroenterologist in your metaphor joe biden ?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Well you're asserting that claim, you have not done anything to support it.
You made that claim yourself when you cited your background in wrestling as the extent of your medical expertise.

I claimed that if that person did know better then he/she did lie; because the fact remains that anyone with an internet connection (and has retained Bio 101 knowledge) can spend a few minutes on Google and pull up the data proving them wrong.
So the expert witness lied on the stand, under oath, resulting in the unjust imprisonment of a man for 22 years, in the most followed trial of the decade. And they lied about data so easily verifiable that anyone with an internet connection can easily prove it wrong…

Please explain to me why Chovin’s lawyers are not petitioning every expert in the country to declare a mistrial and get their client out of jail.

No seriously, explain that.

If there was an argument I could not understand because it referenced too many concepts I was not familiar with I would admit that it could be sound but my ignorance prevents me from determining whether it is so.
In other words, if there was something about this you don’t understand you would know you don’t understand it.

This is the same mistake made by every do-it-yourselfer who royally fucks up a task they decided to take on themselves.

Did you soak up anything I pointed to with regards to the Rowbothom example? I would really love to hear you explain what the lesson should be from that.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
I claimed that if that person did know better then he/she did lie; because the fact remains that anyone with an internet connection (and has retained Bio 101 knowledge) can spend a few minutes on Google and pull up the data proving them wrong.
So the expert witness lied on the stand, under oath, resulting in the unjust imprisonment of a man for 22 years, in the most followed trial of the decade. And they lied about data so easily verifiable that anyone with an internet connection can easily prove it wrong…

Please explain to me why Chovin’s lawyers are not petitioning every expert in the country to declare a mistrial and get their client out of jail.

First admit it does not need to be explained in order to conclude that norfentanly is almost always present in overdose victims, then I'll speculate.

This is the same mistake made by every do-it-yourselfer who royally fucks up a task they decided to take on themselves.
You know I have this argument with my father all the time. My DIY passes inspections first times, and his professionals often have to come back. He has spent over a hundred thousand on renovations, I have spent less than twenty for similar levels. I think it is an excellent analogy.

Credentials are no guarantee of quality. I've talked to electricians and plumbers who knew plenty and I've talked to some who are ignorant of the difference between dynamic and static pressure, between power and energy.

You may not know what you don't know, that's true; but you do know you don't know something when you have a clue... like an argument (or instruction manual, or codebook) that says things which you don't understand. There are people who react to the confusing by assuming its wrong and there are people who aren't confused. You can't categorize them unless you're one who isn't confused.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
First admit it does not need to be explained in order to conclude that norfentanly is almost always present in overdose victims, then I'll speculate.
Yes, I admit that the former does not need to be explained in order to conclude the latter, because these are two separate conversations.

Your turn.

My DIY passes inspections first times, and his professionals often have to come back. He has spent over a hundred thousand on renovations, I have spent less than twenty for similar levels. I think it is an excellent analogy.
Well that probably explains it. Presuming your portrayals are accurate, you have a skill when it comes to handy work which has given you an over inflated sense of personal abilities that you apply here to toxicology. That bloated sense of superiority has justified in your mind placing yourself on such a pedestal that you don’t just disagree with the findings of those who have spent their lives in the field, but can confidently assert that those who understand the subject and disagree with you are lying in a massive political conspiracy - because that explanation along with the silence of the rest of the scientific field who would know better requires far less assumptions than the possibility that you just might not understand what you concluded based on your Google searches.

Ok bro.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Yes, I admit that the former does not need to be explained in order to conclude the latter, because these are two separate conversations.

Your turn.
The question:

The quoted text contradicted itself, a ratio was mentioned. When pressed I'm sure the speaker would say that he misspoke, or misused exaggeration when he claimed norfentanyl was rarely found in overdose victims. I would say that such a "mistake" from a genuine expert is unlikely without the hope to give a certain impression and that bias introduces an element of dishonesty.

I do not remember that exact text being spoken, but I would not be surprised if on cross examination this was clarified. If it was thus established that the presence of norfentanyl in no way precludes or even renders unlikely the possibility of an overdose there would be nothing to appeal.

However, the propagandized mass of left-tribers would hardly have been led to that follow up. No more than they would have googled and seen that the concentrations were well within expected for an overdose.

Thus it would be copy-pasted by the glorified bloggers the left-tribe calls "reliable sources" and then copy-pasted everywhere on the internet like so many out of context disinformation is. Fortunately for the objective, informed, and generally educated observer this particular copy paste contained a contradiction and thus could be identified as misinformation right away.

I assume if this was called out often enough the BLM crusaders would remove the segment referencing a ratio.

My DIY passes inspections first times, and his professionals often have to come back. He has spent over a hundred thousand on renovations, I have spent less than twenty for similar levels. I think it is an excellent analogy.
Well that probably explains it. Presuming your portrayals are accurate, you have a skill when it comes to handy work which has given you an over inflated sense of personal abilities that you apply here to toxicology. That bloated sense of superiority has justified in your mind placing yourself on such a pedestal that you don’t just disagree with the findings of those who have spent their lives in the field, but can confidently assert that those who understand the subject and disagree with you are lying in a massive political conspiracy - because that explanation along with the silence of the rest of the scientific field who would know better requires far less assumptions than the possibility that you just might not understand what you concluded based on your Google searches.

Ok bro.
rofl, it was your analogy <kanuk accent>Buddy</kanuk accent>

It is in fact my attendance of arithmetic (long before puberty) and statistics lectures which allowed me to confidently understand a distribution chart, not my handiness.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Fortunately for the objective, informed, and generally educated observer this particular copy paste contained a contradiction and thus could be identified as misinformation right away.
This does not address the question in the slightest.

Again, why aren’t Chovin’s attorneys or any attorney out there petitioning the medical community to have the expert witnesses in the Chovin trial arrested for perjury? Why is it that the only people who seem to understand and care about the obvious objective factual errors presented in the trial are right wing internet forum warriors?

It is in fact my attendance of arithmetic (long before puberty) and statistics lectures which allowed me to confidently understand a distribution chart, not my handiness.
Ok cool. So since your arithmetic and statistical skills outweigh a college degree and years of experience in the field, I’ll be sure to call you instead of my doctor the next time I’m feeling ill.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
why aren’t Chovin’s attorneys or any attorney out there petitioning the medical community to have the expert witnesses in the Chovin trial arrested for perjury?

Cancel culture is a strong motivator for keeping your mouth shut. Hopefully, America's reign of terror will pass as people are distracted with the current recession.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Cancel culture is a strong motivator for keeping your mouth shut. Hopefully, America's reign of terror will pass as people are distracted with the current recession.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
So the medical community is now afraid of acknowledging basic facts about reality that have been learned in college and studied by experts for decades.

The lengths some right wingers will go to to warp their minds around their sacred anti leftist views is astounding.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
They can dissent, just not publicly due to the current reign of terror by the cancel culture left.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
This does not address the question in the slightest.

Again, why aren’t Chovin’s attorneys or any attorney out there petitioning the medical community to have the expert witnesses in the Chovin trial arrested for perjury? Why is it that the only people who seem to understand and care about the obvious objective factual errors presented in the trial are right wing internet forum warriors?
It answers the question completely. Read more carefully.

Ok cool. So since your arithmetic and statistical skills outweigh a college degree and years of experience in the field, I’ll be sure to call you instead of my doctor the next time I’m feeling ill.
If neither you nor your doctor can calculate an average, that might be wise.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It answers the question completely. Read more carefully.
I have, you did not answer the question in the slightest. I don’t blame you because  an absurd insinuation.