Author: oromagi

Total: 41
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
Yet I debate all the time
A debate is an argument formalized by rules and limits ending with a vote or other formalized decision.
That's a game, a game with a debate at it's core but a game none the less. It is a game I will not be goaded into playing by tactless and desperate stabs at my courage.

You say this only because you have run out of anything else to say. You failed to poke holes in my critique of your use of appealing to authority, and you probably know that my explanation on the pattern of authority-based fallacies is spot on. But you will ignore it and attack the man because you, just like everyone else; look for excuses to maintain your preferred narratives.

What makes someone an honest debator is the willingness to admit when there are no good excuses.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Call it a game if you like but it's the game that forms the basis of all law and legislation in a any democratic society.  All games are practice for societal skill sets.  If you aren't willing to play by the rules, if you aren't willing to risk losing, then you aren't really practicing for the real thing- which in the case of debating is democracy.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
Call it a game if you like but it's the game that forms the basis of all law and legislation in a any democratic society. 
Let's recall that "it" is what you call a debate. Do you believe Donald Trump won "the debate" in 2016? If you can stomach that one how about Adolph Hitler in 1932?

All games are practice for societal skill sets.
Generous interpretation.

If you aren't willing to play by the rules, if you aren't willing to risk losing, then you aren't really practicing for the real thing- which in the case of debating is democracy.
You're right I'm not practicing for democracy, I'm trying to find the truth. It's not a game to be practice at something real, it is the real thing. It's called debate.

If I wanted to "win" democracy I would act like a politician. I would never expose my widely unpopular opinions, I would pretend to agree instead of picking at contradictions and mistakes, I would subtly manipulate people by making them feel especially appreciated or victimized even when I believed no such thing.

It's an experiment I've done, my theories on it were 99% accurate and it made me feel dirty. You may continue to play your game without me, I garner no satisfaction from it. Please continue to insinuate that I'm a coward for not participating, every time you do is another opportunity to remind any reader that ad populum is a fallacy.

In the mean time, perhaps you would like to explain why I should trust the FBI as an authority on QAnon when they have so often displayed either incredible incompetence or else malice... such as when they paid an accused Russian spy in regards to an investigation over evidence he planted at the ultimate behest of the Clinton campaign.

If one man's lies can cause the FBI to generate enough unfounded chatter to keep the russiagate collusion hoax alive for multiple years; what does it take to mischaracterise a small minority internet community? A single post wouldn't surprise me.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
 I'm not practicing for democracy, I'm trying to find the truth. 
....and yet all you do is talk about yourself.  The subject here is Trump's doubledown on QAnon rhetoric.  You've posted ten times with all your  feelings about expert opinion that contradicts your assumptions and the mental contortions you must play out internally to protect your confirmation biases.  None of which could be of interest to anybody not you.  Do you have any opinion about QAnon you'd like to express?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
In the mean time, perhaps you would like to explain why I should trust the FBI as an authority on QAnon when they have so often displayed either incredible incompetence or else malice... such as when they paid an accused Russian spy in regards to an investigation over evidence he planted at the ultimate behest of the Clinton campaign.
What are you talking about here?  If you're talking about Igor Danchenko then every claim you've just made is just popular fake news from this weekend.

Shila
Shila
-->
@oromagi
--> @ADreamOfLiberty
What are you talking about here?  If you're talking about Igor Danchenko then every claim you've just made is just popular fake news from this weekend.
Trump needs to win in 2024 so as president he can help Putin.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Shila
Putin will be dead by Nov 2024
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
 I'm not practicing for democracy, I'm trying to find the truth. 
....and yet all you do is talk about yourself. 
Well you seem to enjoy the subject to since you keep switching to it.

Do you have any opinion about QAnon you'd like to express?
Yes: Whatever they are and believe, the FBI can't be trusted to report it.

You're telling me not to trust credible authorities? Why should anyone care what your opinion on that is?
Shila
Shila
-->
@oromagi
--> @Shila
Putin will be dead by Nov 2024
You must mean Trump (76)
Putin is (59).
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Shila

You must mean Trump (76)
nope.  Putin is suffering from some kind of rapid neurological degeneration- likely Parkinson's.  But also, Putin's escalation in Ukraine  was supposed to be a short and profitable restoration of Ukraine's satellite status and now Russia will be lucky not to lose Crimea again.   Putin kept his plans quite secret and now the oligarchy and army both feel betrayed and threatened.  Traditionally, violent autocrats like Putin die violent deaths and I don't think Russia is in a position to wait much longer.  I think Putin is weakening fast and vulnerable from several directions.  I predict he will be dead before the next US presidential election.  Who will be in power after is the question.

Putin is (59).

Shila
Shila
Unfortunately Putin’s replacement will not have the same control Putin had over Russia.