I have cracked a new method to climb (new for me).

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 7
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I understand the following:

1. This site is on life support. The dead userbase do not enjoy voting.
  2. Voters tend to prefer you attacking opponents' ideas so much so that offense is defense because if the opponent stays defensive, voters either do not vote or vote against the defender.
  3. To launch successful attacks, stick to semantics, get the opponent furious as you gaslight them about what they are really trying to say and tell voters that the opponent has dropped points, constantly, even if the point is shit.
  4. Learn and practise this method so much so that one can do it across 18 debates at once pote tially. Just read what the opponent says, link it wrongly to definitions, write antithetical contentions and syllogisms even if rebuttals are ruled out. As in make your constructive inherently attack theirs 'accidentally, and never waste effort preemptively defending.
  5. Over time, you will find that the impulsive members who have the passion to vote, vote for you because they fall in love with your way of attacking.
  6. Avoid accepting challenges from tough opponents, let them come to you, learn to debate ordinary topics ridicupously aggressive and well. Nearly plagiarise ideas from the cookie cutter round 1s and then just stick to pure offense.
I predict this approach is actually the best.

If you notice, all bad debaters have different things making them bad but all good-rated debaters here are either accidentally or intentionally adhering to this ethos, just focusing less on quantity (except Novice).

I will be surprised if my analysis is proven wrong. Do expect some losses incoming, after that, watch me annihilate.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
Your win ratio is still stuck at 67%.
Just changing your picture isn’t going to improve your performance.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Shila
You are correct. I have a lot to still prove.

It is time to stop goofing off. I have had years to research voters that I wasted goofing off.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Sounds like what I do all the time. This is the most efficient method for me, it is like the strategy for the MMA of debating, if IRL debate tournaments limit your behavior like any single other martial art tournament.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I did research your debate style, yes. I actually noticed that in the debates you lost, you structured more build-based and defensive.

As I say, this is nothing to do with real-world debating where persuasion matters more than arguing, on this website the judges value raw offense and arguing far higher than defense and elaboration. I will adapt to it in due course.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
As oromagi said, practicing to be a politician..
Shila
Shila
-> @Shila
You are correct. I have a lot to still prove.

It is time to stop goofing off. I have had years to research voters that I wasted goofing off
We need more members who are objective, well informed  and vote.