Author: Shila

Total: 618
BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

As is explicitly shown once again within this thread alone, DEBATEART must have left the sign out again in stating; "All Bible inept and stupid pseudo-christians are welcome at this time!"  Look at poor Shila grasping for the proverbial straws that are not even there for her to begin with in her embarrassing and wanting ungodly posts, and the ever so equally Bible ignorant Public-Choice that is RUNNING AWAY from my complete posts to him in shame, and these Bible fools want to be called Christians? NOT!  

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Shila

Shila, is now taking over in being the #1 Bible fool over Tradesecret's former position,

Dear, I am truly sorry, but as I stated before, Jesus wanted me to make you an example of being one of the most Bible stupid pseudo-christians that has ever frequented  this DEBATEART Religion Forum, bar none!

Shila dear, do you want to call Jesus' inspired words above towards demeaning women as LIES?  Then you dig yourself deeper into the hole you have provided for yourself because of the following JESUS INSPIRED passages: 
YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE TO MY QUOTE ABOVE IN YOUR POST #39: "I checked my red letter Bible. None of the quotes above came from Jesus. Jesus was never an authority on women. Even at 30 he remained single. But hung around with 12 men. One lied to him the other betrayed him."

Simply put with your quote above in saying that Jesus did not say the passages relative to the 2nd class inferior woman, your biblical ignorance has no bounds because of the following biblical axioms:

THE BIBLE STATES THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD IN JESUS:  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5)

JESUS IS THE SERIAL KILLER YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE, THE ONE GOD: Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours."

THEREFORE, JESUS AS THE ONE GOD WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES, INSPIRED EVERY WORD WRITTEN PERTAINING TO THE 2ND CLASS WOMAN:  “And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

Shila, if I can be frank, and you can remain Shila, we don't know in how much biblical embarrassment you can take within your own thread, therefore, Jesus and I will still have to continue to show your outright Bible stupidity ad infinitum at your continued embarrassing expense, sorry dear.  :(

IS THERE ANOTHER PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN WOMAN THAT IS AS DUMBFOUNDED OF THE BIBLE AS "SHILA" IS SHOWN TO BE...?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
Yes, I certainly accept the case for the historical Jesus character, first mentioned as such, sometime around the 12th century.

One couldn't really avoid it, as one was force fed Jesus' tales throughout one's early school years.

Fortunately, my father was a devout atheist and kept me on the straight and narrow.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Shila
1. What evidence do we have that Jesus was in fact a Historical person?

He is the most written about person in history, the only written evidence comes from Christian sources, but they wrote about Him and there is no reason to think there was some kind of conspiracy to lie about His existence.   You could likewise argue that Thales, Pythagoras and Socrates never existed because the only evidence we have was what other’s wrote about them, and since all the sources were Greek, maybe they made it up, but why would you?  Just because written sources from antiquity necessarily come down to us from the culture that they existed in, is no reason to doubt them. 

To claim that the most influential person in history never existed would be an extraordinary claim which would require extraordinary evidence, and there is none. 

Did Jesus claim he was God?
The same historical evidence that He existed, also states that he explicitly denied being God.

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the  kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.”

Matthew 24:36
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.”

Mark 10:18
And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”

Mark 13:32
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

Luke 22:42
saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

John 4:34
Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me, and to accomplish his work.”

John 5:30
"I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.”

John 6:38
"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.”

John 7:16
Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.”

John 8:42
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.”

John 8:50
“And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.”

John 12:49
"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.”

John 14:24
"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.”
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@zedvictor4
Jesus, fictional, mythical or otherwise is undeniably a historically recorded character.

Whether the accounts of his life and activities are vaguely true or not, is impossible to know.

Though I would suggest that most interpretations are embellished and exaggerated, such that we can only regard the biblical tales as myth or fantasy. 
Someone as disturbingly radical as Christ, as powerful in actions, presence, and legacy as he was, could only be expected to incite widely varying interpretations of his life.

Shila
Shila
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
--> @Shila @Tradesecret

SHILA, the Bible fool that is vying to take over Tradesecret’s position as being the #1 Bible fool at DEBATEART Religion Forum,

In addressing your ever so weak post #39:

JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS STATED:  Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

Your Bible inept response to the passage above in your weak post #39 was: “It is logical God would not want Adam’s rib (Eve) to be smarter than Adam.
But remember Eve ate the fruit of knowledge first and then offered it to Adam so he would not be dumber than her.”

WRONG! What has your child-like response relative to 1 Timothy 2:11-14 have to do with the biblical axiom that you are an inferior woman that is NOT to teach or exercise the authority over man as you are embarrassingly doing in your pathetic thread, but where you are only to remain QUIET as Jesus proposes in said passage?!  Huh?
How can women be inferior why your profile says you only reached high school and at you advanced age (56 years old) still make only 20,000 Annually. Shila has a graduate degree and makes between 100k-150k.
Relative to your continued Bible stupidity, yes, it was Eve that ate from the Tree of Knowledge FIRST, where Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, had forbidden Adam and Eve to eat from this tree, remember Bible inept fool?

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.” (1 Timothy 2:14)
Even God admitted after Eve ate and then gave Adam the forbidden fruit, they had become like gods knowing good and evil. Before that Gidhad made them dumber than a tree.
Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Therefore, Eve started Original Sin, thankyouverymuch, and man has been paying for Eve going against Jesus’ command ever since, understood Bible stupid fool?  Therefore, since Eve was the transgressor, Jesus punished her with the following: To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." (Genesis 3:16) 
Gods blessed women and give them the gift of child bearing without which his creation would have withered away.
In the Creation narrative, this is where it started that the woman is looked down upon in the Bible, and became a second class citizen to this day,  period!
God needed Mary to produce his only begotten son. No miracle could replace a woman.

As I have told you before many times, take your insidious “dog and pony show” to a Children’s Christian Forum where you belong because of your complete Bible ignorance!  In doing so, this will save  you from further embarrassment within this esteemed Religion Forum, understood you complete Bible stupid fool?!

NEXT?
You only created two threads in all your time on DebateArt. And in both your threads you attack men not women.
First it is the Pope.
NO, NO, NO, Pope stay away from the kids! ...........

Next it is Greg Abbot.
Christians, we’re in BIG TROUBLE if certain books are removed from schools!

You claim you  are a Christian. Yet all your posts  portray the Bible and Christians as misogynistic.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Public-Choice
--> @Shila
Why are you talking about yourself in third person? 

Is this a Seinfeld episode?
I don’t want to take away attention from Shila who is the author of this thread. I am just her super ego.

Shila
Shila
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
--> @Shila

Shila, is now taking over in being the #1 Bible fool over Tradesecret's former position,

In addressing your double-speak and complete Bible runaway responses in your ever so embarrassing post #39, you do not have the wherewithal to understand in just how Bible stupid you truly are!  Look at your pathetic responses to actual Biblical axioms in said post, where you continue to repeat yourself over and over with your child-like assumed logical responses, how embarrassing can you get?!  

You're an embarrassment to Christianity and this prestigious Religion Forum, and don't think that Jesus is not watching you perform your Satanic acts that you will pay for upon Judgment Day for sure!  (Hebrews 4:13) 

NEXT BIBLICALLY INFERIOR WOMAN LIKE "SHILA" THAT GOES DIRECTLY AGAINST JESUS' TRUELY INSPIRED WORDS REGARDING THE SECOND-CLASS WOMAN WILL BE ...?
You are obsessed with Tradesecret.

This thread is about the case for the Historical Jesus. Get some help.

Shila
Shila
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
--> @Shila

Dear, I am truly sorry, but as I stated before, Jesus wanted me to make you an example of being one of the most Bible stupid pseudo-christians that has ever frequented  this DEBATEART Religion Forum, bar none!

Shila dear, do you want to call Jesus' inspired words above towards demeaning women as LIES?  Then you dig yourself deeper into the hole you have provided for yourself because of the following JESUS INSPIRED passages: 
YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE TO MY QUOTE ABOVE IN YOUR POST #39: "I checked my red letter Bible. None of the quotes above came from Jesus. Jesus was never an authority on women. Even at 30 he remained single. But hung around with 12 men. One lied to him the other betrayed him."

Simply put with your quote above in saying that Jesus did not say the passages relative to the 2nd class inferior woman, your biblical ignorance has no bounds because of the following biblical axioms:

THE BIBLE STATES THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD IN JESUS:  “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5)

JESUS IS THE SERIAL KILLER YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE, THE ONE GOD: Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours."

THEREFORE, JESUS AS THE ONE GOD WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES, INSPIRED EVERY WORD WRITTEN PERTAINING TO THE 2ND CLASS WOMAN:  “And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

Shila, if I can be frank, and you can remain Shila, we don't know in how much biblical embarrassment you can take within your own thread, therefore, Jesus and I will still have to continue to show your outright Bible stupidity ad infinitum at your continued embarrassing expense, sorry dear.  :(

IS THERE ANOTHER PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN WOMAN THAT IS AS DUMBFOUNDED OF THE BIBLE AS "SHILA" IS SHOWN TO BE...?
You are quoting verses that came from Paul. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus nor did he meet or follow Jesus like the other disciples did.

In fact Paul claims he saw a vision of Jesus on his way to Damascus where Jesus was admonishing him for persecuting Christians.

Acts 9:. 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
7 The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8 Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

Paul was the only one hallucinating and seeing visions. None of the men with Paul saw or heard anything.
SUMMARY Evidence is offered to suggest a neurological origin for Paul's ecstatic visions. Paul's physical state at the time of his conversion is discussed and related to theseecstatic experiences. It is postulated that both were manifestations of temporal lobe epilepsy.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Sidewalker
-> @zedvictor4
Jesus, fictional, mythical or otherwise is undeniably a historically recorded character.

Whether the accounts of his life and activities are vaguely true or not, is impossible to know.

Though I would suggest that most interpretations are embellished and exaggerated, such that we can only regard the biblical tales as myth or fantasy. 
Someone as disturbingly radical as Christ, as powerful in actions, presence, and legacy as he was, could only be expected to incite widely varying interpretations of his life.
Jesus was aware the people were not ready to understand or accept him for what he was and ordered his disciples not to share it with anyone.
Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
-> @Shila
Yes, I certainly accept the case for the historical Jesus character, first mentioned as such, sometime around the 12th century.

One couldn't really avoid it, as one was force fed Jesus' tales throughout one's early school years.

Fortunately, my father was a devout atheist and kept me on the straight and narrow.
So even though your father was a devout atheist he could not stop you from accepting the case for the historical Jesus character, first mentioned as such, sometime around the 12th century.

My case for the Historical Jesus is being presented in stages. I will try to answer the many unanswered questions 
people have after accepting the Historical Jesus existed.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Sidewalker
1. What evidence do we have that Jesus was in fact a Historical person?
He is the most written about person in history, the only written evidence comes from Christian sources, but they wrote about Him and there is no reason to think there was some kind of conspiracy to lie about His existence.   You could likewise argue that Thales, Pythagoras and Socrates never existed because the only evidence we have was what other’s wrote about them, and since all the sources were Greek, maybe they made it up, but why would you?  Just because written sources from antiquity necessarily come down to us from the culture that they existed in, is no reason to doubt them. 

To claim that the most influential person in history never existed would be an extraordinary claim which would require extraordinary evidence, and there is none. 
Did Jesus claim he was God?
The same historical evidence that He existed, also states that he explicitly denied being God.

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the  kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.”

Matthew 24:36
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.”

Mark 10:18
And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”

Mark 13:32
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

Luke 22:42
saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

John 4:34
Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me, and to accomplish his work.”

John 5:30
"I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.”

John 6:38
"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.”

John 7:16
Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.”

John 8:42
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.”

John 8:50
“And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.”

John 12:49
"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.”

John 14:24
"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.”
But Jesus clarifies the relationship between the Father and him.
John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

The objective was first to provide the case for the historical Jesus that Jesus exist.
Then we can move on to understand what  people of his time said Jesus was, what Jesus claimed he was  and the evidence to back each claim.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Sidewalker
--> @zedvictor4

Those are after the fact responses.
What is even more convincing is the prophesies that foretold his coming.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Public-Choice
--> @BrotherD.Thomas
need a decoder ring, or addendums to be able to read them in their alleged true form?
What languages are the Bible written in? It wasn't English. That's why there hundreds of TRANSLATIONS! They all differ based on INTERPRETATIONS of the Greek.

Honestly I would laugh at this troll account but some people actually believe the tripe you're joking about.
Most of his posts are misogynistic attacks targeted at member Tradesecret. But  since Tradesecret rarely responds he has switched to Shila.
He is just bitter because even though he is a Christian he makes less than most of the atheists he is trying to impress, which is why they ignore him too.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Shila

John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
How does that “clarify” it, what is the relationship, on face value the statements are conflicting.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Shila

YOUR CONTINUED BIBLICAL IGNORANT QUOTE IN YOUR POST #69: "You are quoting verses that came from Paul. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus nor did he meet or follow Jesus like the other disciples did."

What part of this very simple biblical syllogism don't you understand, you inept Bible fool?

THE BIBLE STATES THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD IN JESUS:  “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5)

JESUS IS THE SERIAL KILLER YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE, THE ONE GOD: Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours."

THEREFORE, JESUS AS THE ONE GOD WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES, INSPIRED EVERY WORD WRITTEN PERTAINING TO THE 2ND CLASS WOMAN:  “And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

Paul spoke in the inspired words of Jesus as being God in 1 Thessalonians 2:13, understood?  Are you calling the above biblical syllogism a LIE?!  If so, where do you get the authority to usurp Jesus' true words He gave to Paul?!  Tell us, is  your blatant Bible stupidity natural, or do you have to practice it daily? LOL!

Jesus H. Christ, and I thought Tradesecret was bible stupid, whereas you take the cake hasds down!

Shila
Shila
-->
@Sidewalker
--> @Shila

How does that “clarify” it, what is the relationship, on face value the statements are conflicting.
Jesus explains there is no separation between God and him.
John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

The disciples wanted Jesus to show them God.
Jesus again tells them that is unnecessary because.
John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

It all comes down to faith.
Shila
Shila
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Shila

YOUR CONTINUED BIBLICAL IGNORANT QUOTE IN YOUR POST #69: "You are quoting verses that came from Paul. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus nor did he meet or follow Jesus like the other disciples did."

What part of this very simple biblical syllogism don't you understand, you inept Bible fool?

THE BIBLE STATES THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD IN JESUS:  “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5)

JESUS IS THE SERIAL KILLER YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE, THE ONE GOD: “Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours."

THEREFORE, JESUS AS THE ONE GOD WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES, INSPIRED EVERY WORD WRITTEN PERTAINING TO THE 2ND CLASS WOMAN:  “And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

Paul spoke in the inspired words of Jesus as being God in 1 Thessalonians 2:13, understood?  Are you calling the above biblical syllogism a LIE?!  If so, where do you get the authority to usurp Jesus' true words He gave to Paul?!  Tell us, is  your blatant Bible stupidity natural, or do you have to practice it daily? LOL!

Jesus H. Christ, and I thought Tradesecret was bible stupid, whereas you take the cake hasds down!

You are quoting verses that came from Paul. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus nor did he meet or follow Jesus like the other disciples did.

In fact Paul claims he saw a vision of Jesus on his way to Damascus where Jesus was admonishing him for persecuting Christians.

Acts 9:. 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
7 The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8 Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

Paul was the only one hallucinating and seeing visions. None of the men with Paul saw or heard anything.
SUMMARY Evidence is offered to suggest a neurological origin for Paul's ecstatic visions. Paul's physical state at the time of his conversion is discussed and related to theseecstatic experiences. It is postulated that both were manifestations of temporal lobe epilepsy.

Paul’s words were not corroborate by the other apostles. That is why Paul’s writings are called Pauline Theology.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Sidewalker
More so, those that stand to gain advantage from perpetuating the myth.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
@ Public-Choice Great!  Now, for you to save face within this forum, you will now provide the said Greek and Hebrew words TO EACH OF MY 12 GIVEN PASSAGES AS SHOWN IN JESUS' WORDS IN DEFAMING WOMEN IN MY POST #33 TO PROVE THEM WRONG!  You may begin, we're waiting in a timely manner whereas the clock is ticking in your behalf! #60
The 12 given passages that you refer to at #33 Brother D.  go as follows.

Brother D. Thomas wrote: #33 
1.  "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

2.  “ But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman in man. For the man is not of the women; but the woman of the man.” (1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ) 

3.  “I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)

4.  "The women should keep silent in the churchesFor they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

5.  "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered." (1 Peter 3:7)

6.  "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife." (Proverbs 21:9)

7.  "It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman." (Proverbs 21:19)

8.  “ It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.” (Proverbs 21:9)

9.  "A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day. Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind or trying to hold something with greased hands." (Proverbs 27:15-16) 

10.  " Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire." (1 Timothy 2:9)

11.  "For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior." (Ephesians 5:23)

12.  "For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man." (1 Corinthians 11:8-9).

I have offered this very challenge many times to those here that like to claim that to understand the bible one has to be trained in ancient Hebrew or Greek.
 This- as you are well aware- of course is a simple tactic of the bible ignorant that seem to be of the belief that if one is not well versed in these two ancient languages then they have no business even attempting to understand the scriptures not to mention even read them.

And I cannot count the times that I have had to remind said bible ignorant that to use this lame excuse for one to understand the bible that in the same breath they with a wave of their dismissive hand, have rendered ALL bibles written in English obsolete and pointless.

So, like you I will wait for Public-Choice to provide the said Greek and Hebrew words for all of those 12 verses that you have provided for him to translate for us into these languages of antiquity.  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Sidewalker
Someone as disturbingly radical as Christ

Will you define for us -radical - in this context.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Elliott
A lot of work in the creation of the New Testament involved the fulfilling of Old Testament messianic prophecies. This is one of them and I would think an important one.

Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”

This to me this suggests Jesus existed as a real person and was reasonably well known by the name Jesus, so they were not able to change it to Immanuel.

Well I am going to take it that you have actually read Isiah in its entirety? But you have failed to realise that this so-called prophecy was intended to be fulfilled in king Ahaz's lifetime and has nothing at all to do with a child to be born 700 years into the future.

After all, what good would a child to be born 700 years into the future be to king Ahaz in his hour of need?

I have said it before that this is the author of Matthew's gospel once again reaching for his trusty OT in a desperate attempt to link Jesus to the OT prophesies as being the one to come and prophesised about, and it is something he does often in the New Testament.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Stephen

Gladly.

Within the social, religious, and political context of his day, Jesus was a revolutionary change agent; and in fact he was a radical in every sense of the word.

Jesus was absolutely anti-establishment, radically liberal, and vehemently critical of the authoritarian establishment, aligning Himself instead with the poor, the oppressed, and others the establishment considered social outcasts. Jesus fiercely defied the ultra-conservative religious, political, and social power structures of the day, bringing a radically liberal theology to the masses, healing on the Sabbath, blessing outside of the rigid purity system, forgiving the sins of those condemned by the establishment, and calling for the liberation of women and minorities from their social, political, and religiously sanctioned oppression.

To the existing power structure, Jesus was a subversive that taught people that they do not need to conform to the strict and orthodox views of God, religion, and life that the corrupt establishment perpetuated. He condemned the ruling elite's greed, violence, their glorification of power, their amassing of wealth without social balance, their judging of others, their lifestyles, and their beliefs. He ferociously rebuked the religious right of His day for embracing the letter of the law instead of the Spirit, calling the Scribes and Pharisees hypocrites and vipers, and they assassinated Him for it.

Jesus was imparting a vision for a completely new world order, one based on compassion, equality, inclusion, forgiveness, tolerance, peace and love. His egalitarian vision for mankind was diametrically opposed to the authoritarian political, social, and religious structure of the day. He demanded nothing less than the complete transformation of all the laws and conditions of his world into those of the Kingdom of God. He wanted to empower all human beings with their divine identity in that Kingdom and he vehemently exposed the naked corruptions of the establishment's various forms of external power, especially the gender based and grossly patriarchal misogyny of the times.

He "astonished" people with a transforming vision in which all the lies of the corrupted establishment were unmasked and he called for profoundly radical changes to the existing social and political power structures. He was dangerous because He was shaking the very foundations of all of the false constructs of the corrupt establishment...and the people were listening to him.

This political, social, and religious revolutionary was imparting an egalitarian vision that was absolutely lethal to the conservative ruling elite of the day, both the Roman occupation's imposed order and the corrupted religious "mediators". It is for this that the ruling powers conspired to kill this dangerous Rabbi, the Romans crucified him to make an example of him for anyone who had been listening to his incendiary vision of equality and concerted effort for justice and compassion for all.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Sidewalker

Jesus was a revolutionary change agent; and in fact he was a radical in every sense of the word.

And what is it that you believe Jesus changed during the short time of his ministry?

Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
-->
@Sidewalker
More so, those that stand to gain advantage from perpetuating the myth.

You claimed earlier “Jesus/Joshua/Yeshua is/was a character recorded in historical narratives and we know roughly where he was said to have lived, there's no denying that.

Yep, as I stated Jesus/Joshua/Yeshua is/was a character recorded in historical narratives and we know roughly where he was said to have lived, there's no denying that.

And that's about all one can say for certain.

And yep 1632, that's the point I try to get across. All is made up after the event.

Now you are  claiming  those that stand to gain advantage from perpetuating the myth. 
Should all history and historical narratives be banned in your opinion?
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
@BrotherD.Thomas
--> @BrotherD.Thomas
@ Public-Choice Great!  Now, for you to save face within this forum, you will now provide the said Greek and Hebrew words TO EACH OF MY 12 GIVEN PASSAGES AS SHOWN IN JESUS' WORDS IN DEFAMING WOMEN IN MY POST #33 TO PROVE THEM WRONG!  You may begin, we're waiting in a timely manner whereas the clock is ticking in your behalf! #60
The 12 given passages that you refer to at #33 Brother D.  go as follows.

Brother D. Thomas wrote: #33 
1.  "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

2.  “ But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman in man. For the man is not of the women; but the woman of the man.” (1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ) 

3.  “I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)

4.  "The women should keep silent in the churchesFor they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

5.  "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered." (1 Peter 3:7)

6.  "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife." (Proverbs 21:9)

7.  "It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman." (Proverbs 21:19)

8.  “ It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.” (Proverbs 21:9)

9.  "A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day. Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind or trying to hold something with greased hands." (Proverbs 27:15-16) 

10.  " Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire." (1 Timothy 2:9)

11.  "For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior." (Ephesians 5:23)

12.  "For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man." (1 Corinthians 11:8-9).

How Jesus Viewed and Valued Women

Jesus's Countercultural View of Women

The place of women in the first-century Roman world and in Judaism has been well-documented and set forth in several recent books.1 Most frequently, women were regarded as second-class citizens.

Jesus’s regard for women was much different from that of his contemporaries. Evans terms Jesus’s approach to women as “revolutionary” for his era.2 But was his treatment of women out of character with Old Testament revelation, or with later New Testament practice? Other chapters in this volume will show that it was not.

Disciples Come in Two Sexes, Male and Female

For Christ, women have an intrinsic value equal to that of men. Jesus said, “. . . at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’” (Matt. 19:4; cf. Gen. 1:27). Women are created in the image of God just as men are. Like men, they have self-awareness, personal freedom, a measure of self-determination, and personal responsibility for their actions.

Scanzoni and Hardesty point out that “Jesus came to earth not primarily as a male but as a person. He treated women not primarily as females but as human beings.”3 Jesus recognized women as fellow human beings. Disciples come in two sexes, male and female. Females are seen by Jesus as genuine persons, not simply as the objects of male desire.4 Hurley believes “the foundation-stone of Jesus’s attitude toward women was his vision of them as persons to whom and for whom he had come. He did not perceive them primarily in terms of their sex, age, or marital status; he seems to have considered them in terms of their relation (or lack of one) to God.”5

Three Clear Examples

Examples of this even-handed treatment of women by Jesus are found in the four Gospels.

First, Jesus regularly addressed women directly while in public. This was unusual for a man to do (John 4:27). The disciples were amazed to see Jesus talking with the Samaritan woman at the well of Sychar (John 4:7-26). He also spoke freely with the woman taken in adultery (John 8:10–11).6 Luke, who gives ample attention to women in his Gospel, notes that Jesus spoke publicly with the widow of Nain (Luke 7:12–13), the woman with the bleeding disorder (Luke 8:48; cf. Matt. 9:22; Mark 5:34), and a woman who called to him from a crowd (Luke 11:27–28). Similarly, Jesus addressed a woman bent over for eighteen years (Luke 13:12) and a group of women on the route to the cross (Luke 23:27-31).

A second aspect of Jesus’s regard for the full intrinsic value of women is seen in how he spoke to the women he addressed. He spoke in a thoughtful, caring manner. Each synoptic writer records Jesus addressing the woman with the bleeding disorder tenderly as “daughter” (references above) and referring to the bent woman as a “daughter of Abraham” (Luke 13:16). Bloesch infers that “Jesus called the Jewish women ‘daughters of Abraham’ (Luke 13:16), thereby according them a spiritual status equal to that of men.”7

Third, Jesus did not gloss over sin in the lives of the women he met. He held women personally responsible for their own sin as seen in his dealings with the woman at the well (John 4:16–18), the woman taken in adultery (John 8:10–11), and the sinful woman who anointed his feet (Luke 7:44–50). Their sin was not condoned, but confronted. Each had the personal freedom and a measure of self-determination to deal with the issues of sin, repentance, and forgiveness.

Jesus's Valuation of Women Today

Even though clear role distinction is seen in Christ’s choice of the apostles and in the exclusive type of work they were given to perform, no barriers need exist between a believer and the Lord Jesus Christ, regardless of gender. Jesus demonstrated only the highest regard for women, in both his life and teaching. He recognized the intrinsic equality of men and women, and continually showed the worth and dignity of women as persons. Jesus valued their fellowship, prayers, service, financial support, testimony and witness. He honored women, taught women, and ministered to women in thoughtful ways.

As a result, women responded warmly to Jesus’s ministry. Have things changed too drastically today for us to see this same Jesus? Not at all. Modern women can find the same rich fulfillment in serving Christ as did the Marys and Marthas of Judea, or the Joannas and Susannas of Galilee.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen

-->
@Sidewalker

Those are after the fact responses. The Jews of his time found Jesus very unconventional. Jesus was a religious reformer who challenged the religious establishment.

What is even more convincing is the prophesies that foretold his coming.

All this builds the case for the Historical Jesus.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
-> @Elliott
A lot of work in the creation of the New Testament involved the fulfilling of Old Testament messianic prophecies. This is one of them and I would think an important one.

Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”

This to me this suggests Jesus existed as a real person and was reasonably well known by the name Jesus, so they were not able to change it to Immanuel.

Well I am going to take it that you have actually read Isiah in its entirety? But you have failed to realise that this so-called prophecy was intended to be fulfilled in king Ahaz's lifetime and has nothing at all to do with a child to be born 700 years into the future.

After all, what good would a child to be born 700 years into the future be to king Ahaz in his hour of need?

I have said it before that this is the author of Matthew's gospel once again reaching for his trusty OT in a desperate attempt to link Jesus to the OT prophesies as being the one to come and prophesised about, and it is something he does often in the New Testament.
The prophecy was fulfilled in Isaiah’s time and Matthew saw the same prophecy fulfilled in Jesus  during  his time.

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel. He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good. For before the boy will know enough to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken. Isaiah 7:14-16 (NASB)

Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet: “BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “GOD WITH US.” Matthew 1:22-23 

Jesus sums it up in Matthew.
Matthew 5:17 (“Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”).
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Shila

Shila, the most dumbfounded Bible fool that this forum has ever seen,

YOUR CONTINUED BIBLE IGNORANCE IN YOUR WEAK POST #78: "You are quoting verses that came from Paul. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus nor did he meet or follow Jesus like the other disciples did."

Your alleged Bachelor's Degree  that your parent's hard earned money paid for, is a waste of money and time since you cannot understand simple biblical logic 101, whereas it is NOT Paul's writings, BUT SIMPLY PUT FOR YOU ONCE AGAIN, it was Jesus' inspired words as shown below in these two passages!

“And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation, for the prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

Therefore, Jesus, as our serial killer Yahweh God incarnate, inspired the writings of the JUDEO-Christian Bible, period!!!!   2+2=4, oil and water don't mix, and your biblical knowledge is embarrassingly that of a 2 year old child, enough!

SHILA, ENOUGH OF YOUR BIBLE IGNORANCE, CAN YOU GIVE US A BREAK AND TAKE SOME TIME OFF?

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen

sidewalker: Jesus was a revolutionary change agent; and in fact he was a radical in every sense of the word.

And what is it that you believe Jesus changed during the short time of his ministry?
Jesus changed Gods original mission.

Matthew 15:24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

To:
Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

The case for Historical Jesus is moving  from historical facts to biblical facts.