What city is in the most sports-related anguish?

Author: Mharman

Total: 20
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
The title is self-explanatory. Also, I made this thread because I was inspired by Supa's thread about Chicago sports.

I want to see what others think in detail. I'll give my detailed thoughts tomorrow, it's getting late for me.

Discuss.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Albuquerque
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Nuuk.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
The Five Worst Sports Cities, According To Futures Betting Odds · 5. Chicago · 4. Seattle · 3. Minneapolis/St. Paul · 2. Washington, D.C. · 1. Detroit.
Mharman
Mharman
Actually I'll give my thoughts even later. I'm researching too hard.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
My record still stands.
The Five Worst Sports Cities, According To Futures Betting Odds · 5. Chicago · 4. Seattle · 3. Minneapolis/St. Paul · 2. Washington, D.C. · 1. Detroit.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Mharman
Q: What's the difference between Sidewalker and the Stanley Cup?

A: In the last thirty years, I've been to Canada.

All of the cities of Canada have suffered a thirty year anguish.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Sidewalker
Fair. I’m still thinking about my pick. Sports anguish doesn’t stop with hockey.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Mharman
New York City.

Imagine having the greatest team in Baseball, coming off of winning 2 Superbowls, and having a basketball team that was really competitive, only to watch all three decay into ruin and nobody showing any initiative to do anything about it.

16 days later

Mharman
Mharman
I'm going with Detroit. They're bad in 3 of the 4 major leagues they have a pro team in. Their one saving grace is that the Red Wings are mid, not trash.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Mharman
My pick Minnesota.

1) Vikings are 0-4 in the Super Bowl, never won the big game are known for choking
2) Timberwolves have always been considered poverty despite the talent they had, literally celebrated winning a play in
3) Twins are 0-16 since 2004 in the playoffs
4) Wild are mediocre and have never been to a conference championship since 2003, owned by Chicago
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Boulder and Evanston. Two formerly good Power 5 programs reduced to the worst in the FBS.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Vader
True, Detroit hasn't been close to the expectations of the Twin Cities. But I feel they are closer to getting a championship and ending that pain than Detroit.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@SirAnonymous
They need to bring back their rivalry this year. The fans demand it!
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
I disagree. Wild's window is over. Twins are bad, and Wolves are not going to make it out

Detroit has a ton of potential for the future with their teams. Red Wings are a young team ready to blossom, Pistons are a young team ready to blossom, Tigers are a young team. Lions are bad but there offense hasn't been bad
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Vader
They look ready to blossom. I'm not convinced any of them will yet.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
True but either way it begs the note. Anguish that your team sucks or anguish that you have a good team but proceed to fail in ever gaining a championship? I would rather have the first. You know your team sucks and expect nothing unlike the ladder where you expect do well but ultimately are continuous disappointment in the time it matters
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Vader
This is fair. A few years ago my father and I went down to Dallas to watch Notre Dame play Clemson in the Cotton Bowl. It is still the most painful thing I have ever experienced as a sports fan. Meanwhile, I just don't care about this season.

But yet, looking back, I am happy Notre Dame made it that far that season. While the game was awful, the season wasn't bad. Sure, I don't care that they're bad now, but I have a feeling I will be an absolutely miserable sports fan if they continue to be bad for the next decade. There would be no hope for making any of these big games. No hope for clowning on rivals for a year. No hope to even exit the abyss.

17 days later

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
The title is self-explanatory.
I would guess Pyongyang. The capital of a state where possibly all international sports are government-funded lives some of the rich from the poor that are actually rich enough to care about what their leader is doing as opposed to how these actions may lead to their death.

79 days later

Vader
Vader
-->
@Sidewalker
LOL