Republicans have ushered in double digit unemployment 3 times since 1980

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 20
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Reagan - Deregulation leads to the S&L crisis. Largest bailout to date at the time. A recession that resulted in over 10% unemployment. Record deficits, he triples the National Debt by cutting taxes for the rich. 

HW Bush -  A big recession and NAFTA is created which cost millions of American jobs in the coming years.

GW Bush - Deregulation and a lack of new regulation leads to the Great Bush recession and the largest bailout in history. We get over 10% unemployment again. He doubles the National debt from 5.5 to 11 trillion.

Trump - A trillion dollar deficit due to tax cuts for the rich is followed by a poor response to Covid and 16% unemployment. Another massive and even bigger bailout leads to a fiscal year with a 2 trillion dollar deficit. A record 8 trillion will be added to the debt in just his 4 years.

Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
More debt means more inflation. But I am rich so I dont care.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Lol, wtf is up with all these teaparty Democrats? guess its the seasonal November fever :D
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol, wtf is up with all these teaparty Democrats? guess its the seasonal November fever :D
It’s TDS lmfaooo
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Nah lol, All of a sudden Democrats wanna pretend they care about the economy for a few weeks after taking a donkey shit on it for 2 years.

10 days later

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Republicans are advertising on TV that Biden caused inflation and we shouldn’t send money to Ukraine as a result. But inflation is a problem around the world and is caused by Covid related supply shortages overseas, boycotts on Russian oil, and full employment in the US.

These guys should NOT be trusted with the economy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Shortages were mainly caused by Biden lockdowns plus money printing paying people to not produce anything.
Oil shortages began a year before the Russian embargo and was due to Biden's war on oil. Plus Biden insulting the Saudis and destroying tactical alliances.

These guys should NOT be trusted with the economy.
They won't.
Every poll shows they won't.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Shortages were mainly caused by Biden lockdowns plus money printing paying people to not produce anything.
Those are all lies. The lockdowns happened during Trump’s last year after he botched the initial response to Covid. The lockdowns continued in other countries like China and Taiwan. Oil shortages are from oil companies cutting back on spending and drilling to boost profits and refineries failure to keep up with demand.

The Saudis deserve to be insulted but they aren’t going to pump more oil just because you're nice to them or let them murder people.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Florida is doing a lot better.

but they aren’t going to pump more oil just because you're nice to them or let them murder people.

You would be surprised what honey can get you over vinegar.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Trump was president during those lockdowns, and he literally put his name on the checks.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
If I tried to argue that Desantis was governor of Florida while the state saw it's highest gas prices ever and therefore he was responsible, you would instantly recognize not only how stupid that is but also how easily you could disprove it by pointing to the fact that gas prices are high in every other state.

So why do you pretend you can't figure out the exact same thing when it comes to Biden?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Why do you have to bring up Trump like it's a good thing? Is it Not OK when Trump does it but OK when Biden not only does it but does it a LOT worse?

You have some really weird beliefs man.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
If DeSantis had the power to open drilling in Alaska, open the keystone pipeline, not insult the Saudis when asking for help, not promise to end oil, and refuse to offer permit fee exceptions along with relaxing NEPA restrictions on permits, then yeah, I'd stand arm in arm with you blaming DeSantis for high gas prices....in Florida...
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
If DeSantis had the power to open drilling in Alaska, open the keystone pipeline, not insult the Saudis when asking for help, not promise to end oil, and refuse to offer permit fee exceptions along with relaxing NEPA restrictions on permits, then yeah, I'd stand arm in arm with you blaming DeSantis for high gas prices....in Florida...
What a dummy!

Alaska? The oil companies have more places to drill than they know what to do with.

Keystone XL pipeline? That oil would only be used to export to other countries.

Not insult the Saudis?  You are a murdering Royal Family ass kisser

Promise to switch to renewable forms of energy? What about whale oil - should we go back to that? Oil and coal are becoming obsolete forms of energy 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Is it Not OK when Trump does it but OK when Biden not only does it but does it a LOT worse?
You are the one who called them the "Biden lockdowns" despite the fact that they happened while Trump was president.

You are the one claiming that COVID stimulus payments are part of the reason for this high inflation which Biden is to blame for, despite the fact that Trump literally put his name on the checks to make sure everyone knew he was to thank for them.

I haven't made any argument that anything is ok when Biden does it, I'm responding to the stupid, thoughtless, and unserious argument that Biden is to blame for inflation because of everything that happened while Trump was president.

It doesn't even matter if you have better arguments that you could have pulled out, the fact that you put these arguments forward demonstrates that you really don't care about what's causing it, you are just looking for anything you can use to attack Biden over.

TDS is nothing but projection.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
If DeSantis had the power to open drilling in Alaska, open the keystone pipeline, not insult the Saudis when asking for help, not promise to end oil, and refuse to offer permit fee exceptions along with relaxing NEPA restrictions on permits, then yeah, I'd stand arm in arm with you blaming DeSantis for high gas prices
Ok, so we have...
  • Open drilling in Alaska
  • Keystone pipeline
  • Kissing the Saudi's ass
  • A statement that he would end oil while campaigning for president
  • His refusal to offer permit free exceptions

Let's try this... Pick just one of these things you mentioned and quantify the impact this has had on gas prices over the past year. Explain how and why gas prices would have been lower if he had done what you're suggesting and let's see how much of a difference it would have made.

I'll wait.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Yes or no, do you believe the inflation reduction act has the potential to reduce inflation?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
 over the past year. 
Those policies were in place when gas was 2 dollars a gallon, it's silly to think those policies began and ended in 2021 when people started complaining.

because of everything that happened while Trump was president.
I would have been a huge Biden supporter if he had reversed those policies instead of doubling down.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes or no, do you believe the inflation reduction act has the potential to reduce inflation?
I don't know, I haven't really studied it like that. What does that have to do with our conversation?

Those policies were in place when gas was 2 dollars a gallon, it's silly to think those policies began and ended in 2021 when people started complaining.
So you admit that the same policies you are citing as justification for blaming gas prices on Biden were in place before Biden was president. So what is your point here? 

I would have been a huge Biden supporter if he had reversed those policies instead of doubling down.
You would have been a huge Biden supporter if he reversed Trump era policies? And the reason you oppose him so hard is because he doubled down on... Trump policies?

I understand that you profess to not be a Trump supporter, but if I'm understanding your statements here correctly, can you please point me to where in the past you've posted your discontent with Trump over his gas policies? I seem to have missed those.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
You would have been a huge Biden supporter if he reversed Trump era policies? And the reason you oppose him so hard is because he doubled down on... Trump policies?

I understand that you profess to not be a Trump supporter, but if I'm understanding your statements here correctly, can you please point me to where in the past you've posted your discontent with Trump over his gas policies? I seem to have missed those.
You seem to be under the delusion that a person you support can not also make some bad policies too.