FOX News is being sued for lying

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 111
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
“Fox News — a sanctuary for conservatives where few unpleasant facts intrude and political misinformation has spread — looms large in a case that threatens Fox’s business, and possibly Ms. Scott herself. She has emerged as one of the central figures in the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox by Dominion Voting Systems”…

“Ms. Scott’s Fox News — a sanctuary for conservatives where few unpleasant facts intrude and political misinformation has spread — also looms large in a case that threatens Fox’s business, and possibly Ms. Scott herself. She has emerged as one of the central figures in the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox by Dominion Voting Systems, in which the voting company accuses Fox executives of juicing ratings and profits by repeatedly airing false information about Dominion machines siphoning votes away from former President Donald J. Trump”

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Can't wait for Republicans to take over the voting systems in November :D
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Imma watch CNN on election night for the cope lol
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Good. They lie almost as much as CNN and MSNBC.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
This doesn't surprise me. There's a reason I trust Fox News almost as little as I do CNN and MSNBC.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
I haven't watched Fox in 4 years.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Public-Choice
Good. They lie almost as much as CNN and MSNBC.
The proposal that resulted in Fox News was literally titled “a plan for putting the GOP on television”.

But keep telling yourself that.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Eh, Maybe the GOP neocon RINO's, but there's not many of them left nowadays.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Fox definitely didn't put Trump on the map. Leftoid MSM did that on their own.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Double_R
Just because it is propaganda that doesn't mean other stations lie less. That's the genetic fallacy at its finest. 

CNN staffers have declared multiple times that the organization makes up lies all the time for Democrats. The owner of the station is a hardcore Democrat. They purposely became Biden's volunteer press corps in the 2020 election. But even all of that would not mean that CNN lies more than Fox News. It is just to say that Fox News isn't the only propaganda outlet on the airwaves.

As of late, e.g. the last couple weeks, Fox News has been more factual than CNN. But that doesn't mean it has always been that way. Both networks should not be unwittingly trusted by the general public. They both show a history of extremely biased and outright false reporting. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
CNN staffers have declared multiple times that the organization makes up lies all the time for Democrats. 
Really? What lies has CNN made up and broadcast for Democrats?

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

They've been propaganda for years.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
They've been propaganda for years.
The story about Van Jones - what is it supposed to indicate? Jones did not lie on CNN. 

A Nothing Burger? What does that mean? It’s his opinion that the Russia investigation will not result in Trump being impeached?

“They (CNN) have been inaccurately characterized as fake news by former President Trump and many of his supporters”

CNN typically utilizes loaded emotional words in sensational headlines such as this: Trump pounces on Justice Department report findings. They usually source their news appropriately through credible reporters/journalists and through hyperlinking to credible media sources. However, CNN has failed several fact checks from Politifact. It should be noted that these fact checks were almost exclusively from guests on their numerous talk shows and not from the reporting of actual news, which tends to be factual. TV hosts have also failed fact checks by IFCN fact-checkers.

Are you a bird brain? So often you think you are citing a story that supports your POV, but in reality it does nothing or it supports the opposite view.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Public-Choice
I blame Roose for not insulting enough people. He is the cause of the CNN plus bankruptcy.
sadolite
sadolite
Do people actually still watch network news?

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
They (CNN) have been inaccurately characterized as fake news by former President Trump and many of his supporters

As usual you completely ignored the multiple failed fact checks, the fact that CNN mostly covered President Trump negatively and also covered Mitt Romney negatively, and the "mixed" factual accuracy rating all spoken of by Media Bias Fact Check and zeroed in on the small section of text that agreed with your opinion.

The fact of the matter is that CNN is not a reliable news network at all. Even their own employees (not just Van Jones with the nothing burger (which actually has a real meaning if you had cared to look it up [1])) have stated they have engaged in propaganda.

Once again the secret recordings prove they were Biden's propaganda corps. Here is a Daily Mail article showing the requisite statements made in the secret recording about how CNN was integral in getting Biden into the White House:

'Look what we did, we  got Trump out. I am 100 percent going to say it, and I 100 percent believe that if it wasn't for CNN, I don't know that Trump would have got voted out,' Chester said in the video. 'I came to CNN because I wanted to be a part of that.' [2]
And:

'[Trump's] hand was shaking or whatever, I think. We brought in so many medical people to tell a story that was all speculation -- that he was neurologically damaged, and he was losing it. He's unfit to - you know, whatever,'

'We were creating a story there that we didn't know anything about. That's what - I think that's propaganda,' [2]
And:

Chester apparently mishears and responds: 'Your news health?'

'What? No, I said Biden, our president,' she replies.

'Oh, his health,' says Chester.

'I want to take care of him and make sure he's okay,' she continues.

'He is definitely - the whole thing of him running during the entire - like run for the campaign. Showing him jogging is obviously deflection of his age and they're trying to make it like, 'Oh, I'm healthy,' Chester said.

The woman responded: 'Is that what we did? I don't know. Like what do you mean?'

'We would always show shots of him [Biden] jogging and that [he's] healthy, you know, and him in aviator shades. Like you paint him as a young geriatric,' Chester said. [2]
This was CNN's technical director saying CNN engaged in propaganda for Biden and against Trump. It was reported on by news outlets around the world. This isn't fake news. Look, you can continue believing propaganda all you like, it is your right as an American citizen, but the fact is CNN staffers know they're making propaganda. Calling people idiots over it isn't going to make the truth go away.

You also completely dropped the secret recordings of CNN employees blatantly stating that CNN's last objective was to "get Trump out of office" and to now focus on selling "climate change" because they can "milk that issue" for years.

If a company has a sole objective to get a Republican president out of office and then goes on to go out of their way to paint him in a negative light, and they also have failed numerous fact checks, then that is hardly a legitimate news source, right?

Fox News isn't much better. This isn't the point. The real point here is you are absolutely blinded by your party loyalty to the point you willfully ignore facts and then call other people idiots because they live in reality.

SOURCES:
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
The fact of the matter is that CNN is not a reliable news network
You don’t think the Associated Press is reliable news.

Once again the secret recordings prove they were Biden's propaganda corps
No, the secret recording does not prove that at all.

Fox News isn't much better. This isn't the point. The real point here is you are absolutely blinded by your party loyalty to the point you willfully ignore facts and then call other people idiots because they live in reality.
FOX News is worse, much much worse. That’s why they are being sued. For reporting that Dominion Voting Machines flipped votes for Biden. This was a lie and they knew it was a lie.

Republicans are idiots because they don’t accept facts. For example,  Obama was born in this country and global warming is real and manmade, and Covid-19  was real and required us to wear masks to prevent  the spread of a deadly virus and vaccines work. You know, little things like that.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Public-Choice
Just because it is propaganda that doesn't mean other stations lie less. That's the genetic fallacy at its finest. 
It’s not a fallacy because it wasn’t the point. The claim that the other networks lie more than Fox is absurd, the GOP’s mission statement is just the perfect encapsulation of how the other networks don’t compare. I mean we literally have Fox News hosts on stage at campaign events with Donald Trump and calling his chief of staff to give advice and coordinate stories. It’s not to say CNN or MSNBC are perfect, but putting them below Fox News on the journalistic integrity scale just isn’t serious.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Public-Choice
You also completely dropped the secret recordings of CNN employees blatantly stating that CNN's last objective was to "get Trump out of office" and to now focus on selling "climate change" because they can "milk that issue" for years.
The only reason any of this should matter is because CNN is “supposed to be” about journalistic integrity. Fox News isn’t even pretending anymore. When was the last time you heard their slogan “fair and balanced”?

It’s a classic double standard. If a Fox News executive was “caught” on tape saying any of these things it wouldn’t be newsworthy, we’re way passed that.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Double_R
Equating political support with lying is a false equivalency. Just because a news outlet supports a candidate, that does not mean they lie. It means they engage in propaganda, but not that they lie.

There are three types of propaganda:

White Propaganda: truthful statements that are negative about an opponent or positive about your side.

Grey propaganda: mixed-fact statements that are negative about an opponent or positive about your side.

Black propaganda: outright falsehoods about your opponent or your side.

I'd know this stuff considering I worked in political marketing and news for years. I personally tried my best not to engage in outright propaganda because I believe the truth is what people should know. But I had coworkers who literally wrote drivel and outright propaganda for clients. So I know this stuff exists in politics.

Year-over-year, the most factual network changes according to quizzes of the general public. But as of 2021 Fox News viewers are the most informed. This aligns with my statement that, currently, Fox News is more accurate than CNN:
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Double_R
CNN is “supposed to be” about journalistic integrity
Yeah so is BBC and The Guardian and the New York Post and New York Times and Wall Street Journal, but that doesn't mean they are actually fulfilling their mission. All of those outlets have been caught peddling absolute falsehoods on their front pages.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
but not that they lie.
They lie. They misinform. They knowingly report false information. They insinuate with the goal of misleading their viewers.

I'd know this stuff considering I worked in political marketing and news for years.
You’ve got to be lying right here. Did you write the newsletter at your church? 
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You talking about CNN? Because I believe both networks lie. I just think CNN does it more than Fox News. That doesn't mean I think Fox News is a good news outlet.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
Do you think articles in the newspapers from the Associated Press are accurate and truthful, YES OR NO?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Public-Choice
Just because it is propaganda that doesn't mean other stations lie less.
exactly
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
The proposal that resulted in Fox News was literally titled “a plan for putting the GOP on television”.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
It depends on the article. 

As someone who actively ran a news outlet for a few years and worked as a journalist for years before that I'd have an informed opinion on this subject.

The AP has been known to carry government propaganda. They even did it for Trump with vaping. Right around the time the Trump Administration decided to ban vaping, the Associated Press came out with multiple articles on the dangers of vaping and how it should be more heavily regulated. They ran articles of children in the hospital after using vapes and other such things.

Of course, these articles were rife with cherry-picked data and the either-or fallacy and other such a propaganda techniques, but they still did it.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
It depends on the article. 
See, you are a moron.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
As someone who actively ran a news outlet for a few years and worked as a journalist for years before that 
Oh really? Do tell. Which news outlet did you run?