Conspiracy Theory Mafia [DP1]

Author: Mharman

Read-only
Total: 582
Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
Hello, everyone! Get your tin foil hats on; this is DP1!

Mod Confirmations:

There is no Jester.

There is no third party.

Rules (C/P'd from sign-ups):

Players may not contact each other about the game aside from in-thread and game-approved PMs. Dead players contacting the living players to better spectate the game is acceptable as long as no information is revealed or hints/tips are given to the living player. However, I strongly prefer dead players contact me for information if they want to spectate. Dead players may contact other dead players.

Spectating players may not reveal information about this game (roles, characters, etc.) since all players can see it. Any players given inside information still relevant to the game cannot replace other players.

If a player is replaced out, they may not reveal information about this game (see above) unless I specifically allow them to replace someone in the game. Mafia players cannot become replacements. If a Town player replaces a Mafia player, their former player slot no longer wins with the Town.

Once a player is dead they may not communicate in-thread. They may still communicate in game approved PMs, however. Also, players may not talk after the DP has ended. During twilight it is fine to talk, but not after final vote count and flip are posted.

No players may C/P their role PM or fake doing so. All role PMs must be paraphrased.

All questions to me about the game will be answered wherever they were posted as long as they can be answered without ruining the game. I can and will answer all hypotheticals, but cannot answer questions about unrevealed information, with a few exceptions that will already be specified at the start of the game without the need for players to ask about. Example: If a player asks if there is a cop in the game, I cannot confirm or deny that. I can, however, answer questions about how a cop would work if it were to be in the game, since that is a hypothetical.

The role a player gets will be the role that player gets. Do not ask me to have you swapped for something else, please. I will deny the request in all circumstances.

Silenced by the Secret Service:

None yet

Targeted Individuals:
1. Pie
2. Supa
3. Whiteflame
4. That2
5. Earth
6. RationalMadman
7. Greyparrot

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch. The Day Phase ends Tuesday, October 25, @ 2:00 PM EST

Good luck, and have fun!
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Earth
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@That2User
It's game time...
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
@Greyparrot
... Or is it?
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
are there thirdparty roles?

Is this a 5v2 setup?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
I can answer the first question only. There is no third party.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I insist on this strat:

PRs outing as PR this DP but not claiming which PR they are.

I don't have much of a clue at all what the theme-split is for now unless it's left wing vs right wing conspiracies.

I will claim that I am a right-wing conspiracy and leave it at that.

I am a PR.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
well a right-wing conspiracy theory since the actual conspirers, if true, would be left-wing aligned overall.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
a conspiracy is generally left-wing if the theory is right-wing, that's all, I made a semantic error.

Please stick to my strat, we will win.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Based on my theme item alone, the possible theme splits are:

political vs scientific conspiracy theories
left-wing vs right-wing conspiracy theories
ancient vs modern conspiracy theories

there is one more viable theme split that I will keep secret because it will reveal too much about which one I got, helping mafia to fakeclaim. I always insist on either everyone outs or noone does, to the same degree.

That is always my meta, whether town or scum and is to do with how I see the fairness of the game and the best path to victory for town is equally open information for all Townies to work with from each other.

According to me, for this size of game and the way things will play out:

Everyone should out if PR or not and say if they are a left-wing or right-wing theory just to begin with. After that we can get things going and get reads.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
@Mharman
Hey, glad to be back in the swing of things with Mafia, been a while.

My availability should be pretty good for this aside from this Monday when I’ll be in flight for much of the day. 

As for your strategy, RM, I’m opposed to outing all PRs at this stage, even if it’s only as PRs. The little information it will give town isn’t worth narrowing the field of targets for scum.

I do, however, think there is little harm in grouping our conspiracy theories a bit, though I’ll say that I doubt this will help much with finding a theme split (assuming there is one - Mharman, can you verify that?) based on RMs and mine. My conspiracy theory exists in some form on both the right and left.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
I will confirm there is a themesplit.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Mharman
Thanks!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
You are always so scummy on your day ones so I will not even bother to read you or reply to that scummy post.

I will just have to work around you, as I always do. If I even grill you, it doesn't help anything as you are just against the grilling as a concept.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Guess it wouldn’t be a game of Mafia if you didn’t see me as scummy from the outset. Also wouldn’t be a game if you didn’t propose some different strategy without much of a rhyme or reason to it.

Not sure why you think I’m against grilling as a concept. I’m against using it in ways that will harm town, not against using it entirely.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
You have no idea what my role or situation is.

I hardcarried Town last game vs you  your roles carried you. I am truest to my username in a mafia game even more than in debating. There is always a plan, it adapts, it shifts but there is a system and you are ruining it.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
I may not know what your role is just from you claiming a PR, but if I was mafia, you’d still be doing my work for me by narrowing the field of targets to RB or kill. Not sure why you’d want to do that just to get what would be a relatively useless set of information for town at this stage.

As for previous performance, I’m not going to get into that, but you clearly have a plan that you want to sell to the rest of us, and so far, you’re not selling it well.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
Useless?

The use of a PR is 35% its actual utility, unless investigative where it is 50%.

The real use of a PR is being a PR, it matters so much for later CCs that mafia were blackmailed to softclaim earlier or failed to etc.

There may not be vanillas in this setup, I need to make sure of it to know how we should proceed! I am the leader or if you wish to lead offer a better path and do not say 'hide everything'.

Drop a softclaim today or I promise you I will push on you later. I will softclaim today too, it will be very subtle.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Good to be back to mafia
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I insist on this strat:

PRs outing as PR this DP but not claiming which PR they are.
That makes absolutely no sense and I disagree with it.

I don't have much of a clue at all what the theme-split is for now unless it's left wing vs right wing conspiracies.

I will claim that I am a right-wing conspiracy and leave it at that.

I am a PR.
*sigh*

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I always insist on either everyone outs or noone does, to the same degree.
You outted as a PR without any consensus whatsoever.

That is always my meta, whether town or scum and is to do with how I see the fairness of the game and the best path to victory for town is equally open information for all Townies to work with from each other.
At the same time, you are giving information to mafia who can use that information far better.

According to me, for this size of game and the way things will play out:

Everyone should out if PR or not and say if they are a left-wing or right-wing theory just to begin with. After that we can get things going and get reads.
I’m against the former but fine with the latter.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
You are always so scummy on your day ones so I will not even bother to read you or reply to that scummy post.

I will just have to work around you, as I always do. If I even grill you, it doesn't help anything as you are just against the grilling as a concept.
So you have a null read on WF?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
You have no idea what my role or situation is.

I hardcarried Town last game vs you  your roles carried you. I am truest to my username in a mafia game even more than in debating. There is always a plan, it adapts, it shifts but there is a system and you are ruining it.
You did not hardcarry Town lol. Keep the delusion up. 

There is no plan right now because you don’t know roles. You’re arguing on a hypothetical plan that could have a bunch of flaws that scum could exploit.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes, I would say that just straight claiming a PR is low utility to town. It won’t necessarily tell us that the game is role madness (that assumes no fake vanilla claims even if it’s true), though you’re not really suggesting what we’d do with that information if we got it. CCs can only happen based on claimed roles, not generally claiming PRs.

As for being “the leader”, I don’t know where you got that impression, but you’re not. I’m not looking to take that nonexistent position. And if you end up wanting to push on me just because I don’t kowtow to your desire that I softclaim this DP, so be it. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
Useless?

The use of a PR is 35% its actual utility, unless investigative where it is 50%.
Utility can just as easily go to zero if scum know exactly what the plan will be lol.

The real use of a PR is being a PR, it matters so much for later CCs that mafia were blackmailed to softclaim earlier or failed to etc.
You’re assuming scum don’t have fake claims to work with.

There may not be vanillas in this setup, I need to make sure of it to know how we should proceed! I am the leader or if you wish to lead offer a better path and do not say 'hide everything'.
Sure how about we get everyone to opine first. Then read behaviors and decide a lynch, just like we’ve always done. Far better idea than outting all the roles.

Drop a softclaim today or I promise you I will push on you later. I will softclaim today too, it will be very subtle.
Basic extortion lol
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
vtl ilikepie5
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Yes, I would say that just straight claiming a PR is low utility to town. It won’t necessarily tell us that the game is role madness (that assumes no fake vanilla claims even if it’s true), though you’re not really suggesting what we’d do with that information if we got it. CCs can only happen based on claimed roles, not generally claiming PRs.
And that’s why he wants everyone to claim PR and then their actual role. Why not both at the same time lol. It makes absolutely no sense and seems like role fishing imo. However this is RM’s MO so

As for being “the leader”, I don’t know where you got that impression, but you’re not. I’m not looking to take that nonexistent position. And if you end up wanting to push on me just because I don’t kowtow to your desire that I softclaim this DP, so be it. 
I’m not going to be extorted either. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Can you confirm whether scum were given fake claims or not?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
vtl ilikepie5
I suggest getting more votes for your stupid idea lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@That2User
Thoughts please?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
@whiteflame
I like RM’s idea of claiming whether you are right wing conspiracy theory or left wing though.

I am right-wing