Western Ukraine Nazis sing while state media covers it up.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 21
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot

Our father is Bandera, our mother is Ukraine.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
So if American neonazis helped defend America during a war, you'd hate them celebrating and chanting?

Who is the bigger enemy right now? Russia itself is fascist as is.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
I am a lot more upset over the deliberate censorship. If people want to support Nazis to fight Russia, they should at least be told that this is what is happening instead of the blanket censorship. I don't really have  problem with people choosing to aid Nazis to fight Russia.

Just tell the truth about what's happening. People should be more truthful when people  are dying, not less.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
Enemy of your enemy bro, war is war.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
I disagree. The enemy of war, is peace. And truth is always the first casualty.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
I am not gonna take the bait.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

"you have BECOME the establishment"

"you have become the very thing you said you FOUGHT against!"
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
What is your exact point here? What is your broader point here?

Ukraine is more accepting of Jews than any other country in the region, according to a 2015-16 Pew Research Center poll that was released in 2018. Interestingly enough, Russians were almost three times more likely to say they "would not accept Jews as fellow citizens" according to the poll.

So no, Ukraine hasn't become one giant Azov Movement. Those fringe movements are being used as an excuse for the invasion. It's quite easy for Russian citizens to fall for it because their view of Naziism is deeply rooted in Soviet-era propaganda that defines Naziism as basically anything anti-Russia.

I'm more shocked and saddened that so many in the American right-wing are falling for it. To me, it seems like they just saw the Democrats' virtue signaling on the issue and decided to be more contrarian than rational. What these people don't seem to realize is that it's perfectly reasonable to cheer for Ukraine while, at the same time, believing we're spending too much money on them. Personally, I think we should've sold them weapons before the war started, and that we should make Europe take a significantly larger portion of the budget now. 

The worst part about this is that the American right-wing should know about this kind of ad Hitlerum attack and its uses. The Democratic Party is constantly using it against them, and yet some of them fail to see it when the same tactic is being used elsewhere. Instead, they'll just play right into the hand of the whole "conservatives are Russian sympathizers" deck the Democrats like to use. At that point, the left-wing media has the easiest time of their lives running a smear campaign against all conservatives.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
What is your exact point here? What is your broader point here?

Post #3
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman

This is actually a much better read about actual historical facts in Ukraine and goes far beyond a snap poll. There's also info about Azov behaving exactly like the Nazis except for the simple ideological swap of Ethnic Jews for Ethnic Russians. 

People deserve to know there are groups that wish to ethnically cleanse the Donetsk as Western Ukraine has been doing since 2014. I don't mind if Americans are ok with ethnic cleansing. I just think they should be presented with the reality instead of the usual wartime censorship and propaganda.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
Again, that terribly misrepresents the majority of Ukraine, and what this war is about, as a whole.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
Perhaps, but Americans should be presented with the whole picture, especially the atrocities that happened in 2014 that are heavily censored.

People should know exactly what Ukraine did in 2014 in a flagrant violation of the Minsk Protocol.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
Mind you, Elon Musk stopped providing Starlink services when it became clear that Zelensky wanted to continue the same military operations that were waged on ethnic Russians in 2014. Retaking the Donbas should be completely off the table in light of Ukraine's actions in 2014.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
Sure, but one side is clearly better than the other as a whole. In fact, I would say that Ukraine's side in this current war is mostly good. The behavior of some of the volunteer battalions in 2014 does not change that.

Two things about your Wikipedia pages:

1. There is a whole section here that is dedicated to more modern-day Ukrainian events, and shows an overall decrease in antisemitism in Ukraine recently. While there is some fluctuation (with occasional flare-ups), it seems to be trending downward as a whole.

2. The other article attributes the majority of war crimes in 2014 to Russian-backed groups operating in Ukraine.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
Mind you, Elon Musk stopped providing Starlink services when it became clear that Zelensky wanted to continue the same military operations that were waged on ethnic Russians in 2014. 
Citation needed. Last I saw, it was because Congress wasn't paying SpaceX back.

Retaking the Donbas should be completely off the table in light of Ukraine's actions in 2014.
And reward Russia's invasion? Absolutely not.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
And reward Russia's invasion? Absolutely not.
Like I said, If you are OK with ethnically cleansing Ethnic Russians in the Donbas, I don't really care. All I care about is the censorship.

If you have no problems with the 14,000 Ethnic Russians killed in 2014 with mostly artillery fire, great on you. As long as people know about it.
I think most people were aware of Obama's drone strikes and were cool with that too. There wasn't nearly as much censorship about that back then as there is today regarding the 2014 ethnic cleansings...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Citation needed. Last I saw, it was because Congress wasn't paying SpaceX back.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Ukraine should surrender immediatelly. Resistance is futile. Ukraines territory will be added to mothership of Russia.

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Nice try, but I’m still not going to support Ukraine
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
ha!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Are you sure you don't want to support liberty and freedom?