Frequency

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 67
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
One probable reason for christianity being so widespread is the conversion of emporer Constantine to christianity but how many people identify as christians is not proof of the truth or falsehood of the bible. To say otherwise is an argument from popularity and that's a logical fallacy.

I am relatively fulfilled l just so happen to be a relatively fulfilled person who enjoys these conversations and finds them mentally stimulating.

I hope you enjoy your grooming ritual may your head become quite clean.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
That was a very good post EtrnlVw.

+1

Unless something new comes along there is no reason to change one's mind.
Keith's error comes from thinking "something new" can only be a scientific fact, and must come from outside a person.

From where did the new idea of relativity come from to Albert Einstein? It came from his mind.

Truly new things come from the mind. Atheists are stagnant. This is why atheist leave dead atheist only boards and come to dynamic religion boards. Our book and doctrine may not change, but the minds that they work with are open and exploding.

Tell me EtrnlVw, which of these quotes by Albert Einstein do you disagree with?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.

I suspect none. Arguably the most intelligent man to live in the 20th century would not call you closed minded. He would also not use "new" in equivocation. Einstein knew that new things were not limited to dry scientific facts.

Theism is not supposed to explain natural phenomena, that is what science is for. Theism is to show us the path to transcendent truth, something science cannot do.

On this one EtrnlVw, the greater mind agrees with you.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
I once told you of some experiences I had that at the time I thought were spiritual in nature. You declared that my problem was that I had not experienced genuine spiritual happenings.

That is nothing of what I said, actually not at all. We were discussing the difference between legit experiences in spirituality vs absurd ideas and while some experiences should be taken serious and others not so much and both of those we discussed not just ones I thought were flaky. I was trying to help you sort out why we don't just accept some things and not others. You asked me about your experiences and I gave you my opinions based on what you said. Nowhere did I reject all of your experiences only the things that you actually admitted yourself you thought were silly, which is why I had asked if you were being sarcastic. And I expanded on why they were silly and why some of your other experiences were legit. For example I agreed you could communicate with trees but only on a certain level. Because trees are limited by their physiology they don't have the dynamics of communication as say a soul or a human. But since they do in fact have awareness, you can tune into their frequency much like I explained in this topic. You don't remember none of that? I did if fact say some of your experiences were genuine....

While I agree with that assessment it highlights the problem with your evidence. How on earth can anyone possibly demonstrate that their spiritual experiences were more real then those I experienced for myself?

Again, you misunderstood the discussion or are only focused on one portion of it. You not remember me encouraging your experience with trees and why that was possible?You brought to me some experiences you've had and I tried to help you decipher those experiences and give you a more stable way of looking at it since you now view those experiences as something that was just in your head, you yourself abandoned them not me! Yes, spirituality can get weird just like anything else really that is why we have each other and why we have sources to help balance things out. It is not because spirituality is not legit, but there are many factors that get in the way and this is why spirituality is a cultivation. It's not something you get or have and you have it all. No way, it's a genuine progression where you learn through trial and error. Your problem currently, is that you just dropped everything and gave up. That is not the answer. 

Apparently you didn't like the idea of me agreeing with some experiences and not others. But then again why the heck did you ever message me? at least when making claims publicly make sure you say what was actually said. I never said none of your experiences were real, why are you making it out that way? I was helping you define your experiences and use what was useful and discard what was not. If you don't like anyone helping you in that way don't bring it up.

You might have gotten further ifvypu had argued that I had deluded myself into doubting a genuine experience than to argue that I should just have your sort of spiritual experiences. Probably not much further but an inch is an inch after all.

And this helps me to know I should avoid further PM's with you. I was very respectful and trying to help you find your way and never did I say you should only experience what I have why would you even say that? You got offended because I wouldn't agree with everything you claimed to have encountered but next time perhaps you should think twice before messaging someone to have a discussion. Discussion goes two ways and TBH you are confusing to talk to, I gave you a fair opinion about what we discussed. Either you want to hear or you don't, I was honest with you about what is worth pursuing and what is not and you seem to get really irritated by that. But why? you were coming to me to lay out your history then you get annoyed because even in spirituality you things that are legit and things that are not. This takes learning through application and observation and years of experience.
 No, not everything we read or hear is actual, this is why I always promote the individual get involved with as many things that are applicable that are possible. Sorry to burst your bubble, but even within spirituality you will have to learn what is correct and what is not including MYSELF. I gave you my opinions on the matters you explained sorry if you got the idea I was saying only my experiences count. I go out of my way in these forums to make sure everyone knows I'm an omnist, that means I examine all forms of spirituality not just one form or one claim and so no one can blame me for what you wrote above. I say the exact opposite of that, everyone has their own spirituality and their own experiences and I endorse a wide range of Theistic knowledge but there is also an objective reality. Since we do in fact deal with five layers that cover the soul including the mind and emotions.....we have to learn what is actual and what is not. It's just a part of the journey, it is no different with me than it is for you. I had to learn ten times over, I'm not just a preacher I'm a learner before anything else. I've also been applying spiritual principles since I was a young man on my own accord. Nothing has been handed to me I've had to work for and learn everything I know and this includes spirituality, nobody has spoon fed me anything I have had to learn the hard way in every aspect of life. I love PM's, but I'm not going to tickle your ears when you want my opinion I'm going to just give it to you like it is.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I owe you an apology. It is too late to take it back now but I realize upon reading ypur reply that our pm was only our business and that I had no call to share the details of it publicly. I am sorry EtrnlVw.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Okay sir no problem. Thank you. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I am after all only human. In any case it was wrong of me.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Oh it's okay my friend, I dropped it no problem.