Trump is running for President again

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 99
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
So all you guys who said Trump is irrelevant and in the past, now what do you say?

Republicans created this monster. It’s up to them to do something about him.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Like nominate him again so they can lose in a landslide?

Or nominate DeSantis, only to have Trump run as a third party, causing Republicans to lose in a landslide?

I really hope there's door number 3, but I kind of doubt it.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
DeSantis is young and Trump is a real problem for his path to presdiency specifically because he build his base from Trump voters.  Also, it is never a great look to start runnng for the next office the minute you win an election to office- as if you never planned to do the job you ran for.  Right now, I'd be advising DeSantis to hold back, wait in the wings in case Trump is taken out with health or legal problems and he can show up as a hero.  If Trump stays the course, then DeSantis will look all the better in four years.  Trump has proven he can damage superior opponents (his new epithet is DeSanctimonious) and like SA says, even if you beat Trump in the primaries he is quite likely to keep running third party.  Better to give Trump a wide berth but be ready to step in for a save.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So all you guys who said Trump is irrelevant and in the past, now what do you say?

They are going for four losses in a row now, and this one will be just like Jan 6, the last time everybody was saying Trump is irrelevant and in the past,  then they will cringe and run right back to Mar Lago to kiss his ring and swear loyalty, and then every time he inflicts pain on the party, they will say "Thank you Master, may we have another".  

For Trumpers, losing isn't just an outcome, it's all about being a LOSER, it's a lifestyle choice.  
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

No, you and those of your ilk have created this "monster." I wouldn't be surprised if he wins.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Athias
Wall to wall coverage on MSNBC for 6 years and counting.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@SirAnonymous
only to have Trump run as a third party
People keep saying he will do this. I really don't think he will. But that's just me.

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Sidewalker
They are going for four losses in a row now
- An economy in the toilet:

- Sworn allegiance to the liberal world order as the governing body of the United States:

- Gas prices at unprecedented highs:

- Plans for a digital currency and seizure of people's digital assets:

- And a national security strategy committed not to defending our borders or stopping all threats foreign and domestic, but to fighting rainclouds and sunshine:

And Republicans lost? At least they voted against this bullshit.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
He must be going to die cuz I can't think of any other reason you would run for president, waste your time, money and effort and be targeted for investigations.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
He must be going to die cuz I can't think of any other reason you would run for president, waste your time, money and effort and be targeted for investigations.
Targeted for investigations is why he has to run, he's guilty as hell but the investigators will need to back off if he's a candidate, thats why they want a special prosecutor, presumably appears more independant and unbiased.  Of course, Trumpers don't care about facts, they will still blow a gasket with thier conspiracy theories and thier persecuted act.  
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Public-Choice
They are going for four losses in a row now
- An economy in the toilet:

- Sworn allegiance to the liberal world order as the governing body of the United States:

- Gas prices at unprecedented highs:

- Plans for a digital currency and seizure of people's digital assets:

- And a national security strategy committed not to defending our borders or stopping all threats foreign and domestic, but to fighting rainclouds and sunshine:

And Republicans lost? At least they voted against this bullshit.
The voters have spoken, they prefer "out of touch" over "out of your mind".

Time for Republicans to go down to the crossroads to see if they can get thier soul back.  Not happening.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Sidewalker
they prefer "out of touch" over "out of your mind".
Biden shakes hands with invisible people and you think he's just "out of touch."

Trump brokers peace in the Middle East and you call him "out of your mind."

I think I just lived in clown world for a brief minute and don't want to go back.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
Trump’s “Peace” deals were greased with the sale of weapons to countries we can’t trust.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
An economy in the toilet:
The economy is in the toilet? Then why does EVERYONE have a job? I just got a 100K pay increase. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
A test of American integrity.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain

Gas prices at unprecedented highs:
That’s a lie.   Now we could have lower gas prices if we wanted to have 16% unemployment like we had under Trump.

National average: $3.84 per gallon as of Nov. 10, 2022(1)

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Gas is a temporary luxury.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Public-Choice
they prefer "out of touch" over "out of your mind".
Biden shakes hands with invisible people and you think he's just "out of touch."

I think I just lived in clown world for a brief minute and don't want to go back.
Perhaps you have been living in clown world all along, you've certainly been talking about clown world atlternative facts all along....but hey, news flash from out here in the real world, we already went and had that MidTerm election everybody's been talking about, it's over, and turns out it had nothing to do with clown world claims about Trump brokering peace anywhere, in the end it was about Trump and his base being out of thier mind, and the Republicans got thier ass handed to them.  Over here in the real world you just don't have enough voters who are "out of your mind" to win. 

You can blather on about what the "out of your mind" crowd thinks all you want, you can even pretend that you actually won the election, but in the real world what your alternative facts  can't do is win. 

Three losses in a row, (and two impeachments), no wall, the stench of racism and Qanon are staying a clown world reality, and now, over here in the real world, you are headed for loss number four.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
America voted loud and clear for a recession, increased global conflicts, and climate change lockdowns on the economy.

There won't be nearly as much ammo in the cart to fight off Trump this round, god save us all.
Athias
Athias
-->
@Greyparrot
Wall to wall coverage on MSNBC for 6 years and counting.
They're only galvanizing his base. The fact that virtually the last four years or so has been spent on nonsense like starting and conducting impeachments over the Jan 6 "insurrection" or "collusion" with the Russian government demonstrates that the Biden administration and their lollipop guild in both the house and senate have no real goals, other than to antagonize Trump and his supporters.
Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
A test of American integrity.
It takes integrity to not vote.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Athias
To not vote and not participate in the illusion of choice? redpilled.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
America voted loud and clear for a recession, increased global conflicts, and climate change lockdowns on the economy.
No, they didn’t. The rest of the country isn’t stupid enough to think that Biden is responsible for global inflation and a global rise in gas prices.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Like nominate him again so they can lose in a landslide?

Or nominate DeSantis, only to have Trump run as a third party, causing Republicans to lose in a landslide?

I really hope there's door number 3, but I kind of doubt it.
See, this is the problem. Establishment Republicans would rather vote a Democrat into office and let the nation go to shit rather than voting for Trump. If that’s the game y’all wanna play, that’s the game you will get.

Trump Republicans are smart enough to vote establishment over Dems for the county, but it doesn’t work the other way around. Why?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
There you go again, misquoting me. Creating a fantasy narrative. I said nothing about rising gas prices or inflation.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
See, this is the problem. Establishment Republicans would rather vote a Democrat into office and let the nation go to shit rather than voting for Trump. If that’s the game y’all wanna play, that’s the game you will get.

Trump Republicans are smart enough to vote establishment over Dems for the county, but it doesn’t work the other way around. Why?
That's a good question, and it deserves an answer, so I'll do my best.  I can't speak for all the various NeverTrump factions - establishment Republicans, conservative independents, and various others who don't fit neatly into a category. But in my opinion, Trump is not any better than the Democrats. The main argument for voting for Trump over a Democrat is that Trump is the lesser evil. I don't think he is the lesser evil. I think he is just as bad as the Democrats, albeit in a different way. My refusal to vote for Trump isn't a case of letting the Democrats ruin the country; it's that I think Trump would also ruin the country. When the choice is between "Ruin the country with Trump" and "Ruin the country with the Democrats", I have no preference because they are equally bad, so I won't vote for either of them.

Of course, you are free to say that Trump is better than the Democrats, and the Democrats are free to say that they are better than Trump. It's a free country, and you can think what you like. But I don't think either of them is the lesser evil.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@SirAnonymous
All the worst economic crises and highest unemployment rates have happened under Republican leadership.

The Great Depression, The S&L Crisis, The Housing Crash, The Covid Crash - all Republican 

Hoover didn’t respond, Reagan deregulated the banks, Bush failed to oversee the lending and finance industries, Trump botched the response to Covid

Hoover, Reagan, Bush, and Trump all ushered in unemployment north of 10%.

You guys are 4 for 4
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
Argue against his logic, stop focusing on the man himself. The more you hate him for who he is, the harder his supporters rally behind him. He feed off of it.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
That's a good question, and it deserves an answer, so I'll do my best.  I can't speak for all the various NeverTrump factions - establishment Republicans, conservative independents, and various others who don't fit neatly into a category. But in my opinion, Trump is not any better than the Democrats. The main argument for voting for Trump over a Democrat is that Trump is the lesser evil. I don't think he is the lesser evil. I think he is just as bad as the Democrats, albeit in a different way. My refusal to vote for Trump isn't a case of letting the Democrats ruin the country; it's that I think Trump would also ruin the country.
How so? From a policy standpoint, Trump is a million times better from any Democrat. I think your argument revolves around an emotional argument and personality differences, which is fine. But at the end of the day, does the media and Democrats’ opinion about you matter?

Think of it this way. Democrats and the media are going to vilify every Republican that stands up. The emotional argument doesn’t really stand up to the test.

When the choice is between "Ruin the country with Trump" and "Ruin the country with the Democrats", I have no preference because they are equally bad, so I won't vote for either of them.

Of course, you are free to say that Trump is better than the Democrats, and the Democrats are free to say that they are better than Trump. It's a free country, and you can think what you like. But I don't think either of them is the lesser evil.
How will Trump ruin the country? Everyone said that in 2016. Nothing happened. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ILikePie5
How will Trump ruin the country? Everyone said that in 2016. Nothing happened. 
Unbelievable!
The first time in history we didn’t have a peaceful transfer of power.
1 million Americans died from a disease because Trump didn’t want to do the work necessary to contain the virus.
Multiple trillion dollar deficits 
16% unemployment 
A collapsed economy that had to be bailed out by the government 
Not one but two impeachments 
A President who made money selling rooms to foreign governments 
The largest turnover of government officials in history- many top cabinet positions run in a “acting” capacity 
multiple indictments of top government officials 

And you say nothing happened. What a dummy.