Statichead
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
@Sidewalker
@Deb-8-a-bull
You are funny :)

Anyway that TV show in the afterlife sounds hilarious

@Sidewalker
That is a really cool story! I wish I had some confirmation or something like that, cause its kind of hard to believe from someone else. I hope for your own sake that this story is true. I feel kind of like joker in that one scene constantly like HIT ME HIT MEEEEEEE!!   I want a ghost encounter, or an angel or a demon or something! I want to see stuff!
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Five off topic posts at a time to boost your post count is spam. A dead relative is not an angel. It's a dead relative. Most of us have those around. Some day we will check on our living when we need too.
Statichead
Debates: 4
Statichead
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Polytheist-Witch is right, I hate to admit it. Try to put all your thoughts into one post at a time
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Statichead

“An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls.” – Albert Einstein
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Statichead
You gave no reason for the three-day warning

Does anyone of sound mind and body want to die? Especially at such short notice. And dead is dead and to my knowledge no one has come back to contradict me.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I strongly suspect that what happens to a Christian when they die is the same thing that happens to a Muslim or a atheist. 

The unfortunate part is. 
If a person kidnaps 5 kids.
Then tortures them , kills them , then eats them. 
When that person dies he/ she  will ummmmm " experience " exactly the same thing after death that the kids they killed.

It's  bloody horrible. 
But its on the money.  (  I THINK )   
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Statichead
Nej. Men jag vet hur man oversatter.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Statichead
@Sidewalker
That is a really cool story! I wish I had some confirmation or something like that, cause its kind of hard to believe from someone else.
Like I said, I wouldn’t have believed it coming from someone else either, hell, I’m not even sure I believe it coming from me.

I hope for your own sake that this story is true.
It is true that it is an experience I had, and I’m glad for the student’s sake and mine, there’s nothing worse than having a student get hurt on my watch, but for me I think it raised more questions more than it answered, I’m still not sure what actually happened, so I’m not sure exactly what is “true” about it.

I feel kind of like joker in that one scene constantly like HIT ME HIT MEEEEEEE!!   I want a ghost encounter, or an angel or a demon or something! I want to see stuff!
I’m certainly no expert, but for some reason I feel like that attitude towards it will in some way keep it from happening.  It was completely unexpected for me, I certainly never imagined something like that happening.  

But then again, they say that seekers find, there are a lot of really spiritual people out there putting in a lot of effort and getting a lot out of it.  But I certainly wasn’t looking for anything like this when it happened, it’s more like it found me.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Sidewalker
It was an event. 

Your last sentence there. 
There are a lot of REALLY spiritual  people out there.

Spiritual.
Say it with me. 
Spiritual

Yeah ummm,  i aint buying it. 

A spiritual person . 
I can't picture this..
Spiritual 
spiritual people.
Thats like a person thats  spiritual right. ?
 A spiritual person. 
Like a spirit man. Is that right.? 

Spirit chew el.  

Do you got a pic of one of these spiritual folks? 

SSSSpirit  
Spirit man. 

Anddddddddd got it.
Ok.
So like a indian. 
A spiritual person.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
A  Spiritual person putting in a BIG effort. 

Pass 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I got to the . 
I'm a sidewalker part and nearly stopped. 
I then pressed on. 
LOL, understood, about half way through I was thinking “Damn, this is already a long post and I didn’t even tell him the story yet”…but it needed context or the story wouldn’t make sense, so I rambled, sorry.

That sounds like a ummm, very rewarding thing you do . 
Nice work man. 
You got that right, it’s was very rewarding, and in the end, it’s was always more therapeutic for me than it was for the kids.

But NO
The milk is sour. 
I don't like it. 

There was no old lady. 
I’m not gonna disagree with you, I’d be inclined to think that myself and I’m certainly not above imagining shit, but what really gets to me is, whatever I think I saw, the girl saw it too.  But still, that’s only two of the seven people that were there, for five of the people there, you are probably right, “there was no old lady”.

Nothing magical  happened. 
If angels where real.  Youtube would have  footage of them. 
Number 7. 
I told the story because I think it’s relevant to the question the OP asked, but “afterlife” or “angel” is only one possible explanation, there are a lot of ways to think about it, but for me at least, I do have to think  something magical happened and be glad it did, I just don’t know exactly what happened.

It would be REAL difficult  for a ummm , A  half "Smart" person  to be able to believe in  Angels .  
That wouldn't be easy. 
I completely agree, intellectually speaking, I’m still a skeptic, that’s why I used the Beatles quote, all I’m really certain about is that I have a “feeling”, that in some way, I had some kind of encounter with that girl’s grandmother, I can’t really wrap my intellect around it. I'm definately not "selling" here, just telling a story that I think people looking in this thread will find interesting. 

I'd try and chalk that off as .
Maybe you are remembering something wrong. 
Quite possible, but it is a very vivid memory that hasn’t changed over time.

Orrrrr

Being on a farm .    Magic mushrooms.  
You Tripped over in cow poo and ate a blue meanie.  
LOL, I’ll admit I was high when I typed the post, but I was straight up when this happened, but hey, with my long history, I guess a “flashback” isn’t out of the question.

I can picture if you see that you shouldn't of stopped looking at it. 
Maybe start walking in that direction. 
It wasn’t like that, I only think I saw her for a few seconds, just long enough for her to startle me into paying attention with her smile, the next moment I had a crisis on my hands that had my undivided attention for the next ten minutes or so, it was only afterward that I even remembered and wanted to thank her. 

And if you lost sight of her  and everyone else says they didnt see her. 
You see, that’s the thing, everyone else didn’t see her, just me and the girl.  I’m thinking you called it right, at least for the five other people that were there (and you), there was no old lady, but the girl and I did see an old lady, beyond that, I don’t have a clue how this works.  The story is true, but it’s only a true description of an experience I had, I’m not trying to offer it as any kind of proof that what I think I saw was necessarily “real”, or maybe it’s real for me and not real for you, it’s been over ten years and I still haven’t figured it out.

You would of been FRANTICALLY and irradicly  running around looking for this old lady.  
Like I said, it was a minutes later that I even remembered the old lady, and who knows, maybe that’s all I did, maybe I just remembered an old lady at the coincidentally exact right moment.  The experience only became strange very slowly, when she wasn’t there afterwards, I just assumed she’d be back in the staging area with everybody else, when she wasn’t there, maybe she already left.  Untill what her Mom told me, I didn’t suspect that anything unusual had happened.

Do you remember  carrying on like somewhat of an  idiot trying REAL hard to find her. ? 
No, but afterward I remember carrying on like an idiot in my mind trying REAL hard to figure out what the fuck just happened. Mom shocked the hell out of me when she told me that, I really doubt it, but for all I know Grandma was in the rest room and Mom was just jerking me around, anything is possible.  I can tell you this happened relatively early in the day, and the rest of the day I was walking around that arena thinking WTF...and thank God nobody else’s horse went down that day, because by then my mind was wandering all over the place and I really really wasn’t paying attention.

Like I said, I’m not trying to convince anybody of anything, just told the story, and if you get it figured out, I want you to convince me.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Sidewalker
Do you believe in karma. ?

Do you believe in things give you bad luck ?     Example.  Breaking a mirror.  Like , Are you  Superstitious of sorts.  
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
It was an event. 

Your last sentence there. 
There are a lot of REALLY spiritual  people out there.

Spiritual.
Say it with me. 
Spiritual

Yeah ummm,  i aint buying it. 
OK,  and I'm not selling it.

A spiritual person . 
I can't picture this..
Spiritual 
spiritual people.
Thats like a person thats  spiritual right. ?
 A spiritual person. 
Like a spirit man. Is that right.? 

Spirit chew el.  

Do you got a pic of one of these spiritual folks? 

SSSSpirit  
Spirit man. 
Doesn't sound like you get out much, I mean, cmon, there's a whole world of spiritual people out there.
Anddddddddd got it.
Ok.
So like a indian. 
A spiritual person.  
I knew a Cherokee Priestess once, she was a heap big spirit woman,  there was no doubt in my mind that she could have turned me into a newt if I pissed her off.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Do you believe in karma. ?
Sure, I believe there is some real principle that we are talking about when we use the word Karma.
Do you believe in things give you bad luck ?     Example.  Breaking a mirror.  Like , Are you  Superstitious of sorts.  
No, not superstitious like that, I think there is good luck and bad luck, and maybe that has something to do with attitude, but not broken mirrors or black cats or anything like that.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Your sure ?
You believe in something like karma.

I'm starting to see what has happened now. 

Unfortunately we can't talk no more. 

Good game. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
There is no chance he Would sell his soul to me. 
No chance. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Unfortunately we can't talk no more.

This is a double negative Deb.

So actually means,

Fortunately, we can keep chatting.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
“An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls.” – Albert Einstein

Bingo! , give that person a nobel bunny rabbit. :--)

This answer will require use of logical common sense.

What occurs after death is the same as what occurred before, our individual life at conception.

...space......before <....* | *..... > after......space......

...........................<....* time *....>..............................

.......space.............<...( * * )....>.........space............

.................<..( frequency of events )...>................

....space..............<...( /\/\/\/ )...>...........space.......

....space............<...( yo mama )...>...........space.......

....space............<...( yo papa )...>...........space.......
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ebuc
But We don't observe that. 

One can't use this, what did you call it. ?   
"common sense"   thing whilst trying to answer. What happens when you die. 
What happens when you die is not even a question.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
To clarify 

Apart from my dead Grandma. who's in that real posh appartment with the 24 / 7 room service.
Thats also got  pokies,and a Arts and craft facility     
Oh and it has like a pool inside the building.
A indoor pool i think they call them up there.
So she can swim inside.
Crazy right ? 

Well apart from allllllll of that.   
You can't know what happens when ya die dumb dumb. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
What would you say if i told you that i can get YOU ( yes you ) 
A place at one of these REALLLL NICE after death accommodation BUNGALOWS places ??
Sounds nice right. 
Sounds like you want to send your loved ones there right ? 

You would probably say .  HOW MUCH ! ?

I'd answr.  Like  $33.00 a week *

I couldn't be bothered elaborating but its worthit . 

' kicks dirt ' 
So ummm yeah,
Ok then .

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Ok.
$29.80 a week.  
But thats it. ......