Does anyone have extra biblical evidence of this?

Author: disgusted

Total: 70
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@eventuality001
Read the OP and try again.
eventuality001
eventuality001
Ok - Please  Let me explain the circularity of the question in a causal nexus.

After Solomon left the earth, the surrounding nations became more influential in enticing the Hebrews to serve other Gods and they began to mary foreign pagan woman.   The Hebrews became complacent and began to let down their guard.

Other mighty nations began to attack the Hebrews and steal their treasures, gold and wealth and eventually soon thereafter took them into captivity.  The pagan nations around Israel simply did not record history to entail and describe their success, trade, business and financial involvement with Israel. / Solomon  -  Their history and recorded accounts of the details were rewritten by the dominant Syrians, Assyrians, Babylonians and Persians, and later the Romans.     They even changed the name of Israel to be called Palestine. 

Why would these series of reigning kingdoms and dominating governments write the History of the Hebrews in any
accurate  accountability    .  ?    They even changed the names of the Hebrew prisoners and gave them new names.  

Have You ever noticed that Daniel was given a New Name while a prisoner in     
Babylon ?  

-    - Daniels new name was Belteshazzar.

- Hebrew 1095 בּלטשׁאצּר  bêlṭesha'tstsar   /    bale-tesh-ats-tsar'.

Notice the ending on the name is - Tsar or Cesar.  -    They wanted Daniel to serve with the Monks or Enochs in Baal Worship. So they NAMED Daniel The Name - BAAL Tesh CESAR.    
They  kidnapped     the     Hebrews and forced them to change their very names into pagan names that represented their Pagan ideas and Pagan gods. and they were expected to rewrite their own identity and history and their very names  - as Daniel was forced to serve as - a technical -  
technician / assistant

- in Baal Worship. - = Tech / Tesh to BAAL     

= BAAL / Tesh / Tech CESAR / Tsar...         Belteshazzar.   -      
The Bible - says here in Dan 4:8 - that Daniels name was
re-recorded  and erased and changed to represent the name of the god of Babylon

Dan 4:7 Then came in the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers: and I told the dream before them; but they did not make known unto me the interpretation thereof.  :8  But at the last Daniel came in before me, whose name was Belteshazzar, according to the name of my god,........

If they are changing peoples names, stealing their identity, their goods, treasures, gold and religious articles and forcing them to convert and worship their gods and unite with their government -  what leads You to believe that the Syrians, Assyrians, Babylonians and Persians, and later the Romans who all tried repeatedly   to erase continually erase and destroy  the Hebrew identity and  history  - why would they accurately / honestly  leave a historical record about any history of these things.   The Roman Catholic Church did not produce a Bible Translation into Latin /  Italian until nearly 500 years after Christ -  and then -  The Catholic Church did not produce a bible into any other language on the entire planet into any other language other than that Latin / Italian  -  until nearly 2000 years after Yahoshua.   Do You see a gaping
pattern  ?
   -    A  chemical reaction of the mind of pagan kings to produce an alternative history or to completely void all history to serve their sustained entity.  ?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@eventuality001
So you either don't understand the OP or you just refuse too, you obviously don't have anything relevant to say.
eventuality001
eventuality001
I am truly sorry for being rude.  I did not intend to disrespect You and Your great forum, please accept my sincere apology.

I realise I was wrong by not addressing the question that You asked. I should have been more considerate and honorable, instead of just posting a long list of unrelated information.  Please relax, and feel at ease and try to forgive me, and I promise I will take the time at this moment to reflect on my actions now and I will go to the Bible and take a closer look to see if I can see any extra biblical evidence surrounding your forum question.
Thank You for being patient.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@eventuality001
will go to the Bible and take a closer look to see if I can see any extra biblical evidence
You won't.

eventuality001
eventuality001
You were right - I found no other Biblical information about this particular event     Other than all of the other listed details related to other the situation that Solomon was in and who He was and His riches and overly abundant wealthy exploits.   It seems very possible that it did happen in light of the many surrounding details concerning Solomon.   He lived this life in the bible and there are many other details about these riches and wealth and gold, silver and fame that surrounded Him.   But nothing additionally repeated about the event that You asked about.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@eventuality001
Now all you need to do is understand what the term "extra biblical" means and you can stop using biblical references and making an absolute fool of yourself.
Grugore
Debates: 1
Grugore
-->
@disgusted
There is no evidence that they didnt.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Grugore
DURRRH
Grugore
Grugore
-->
@disgusted
It's the truth. Lack of evidence is not proof it didn't happen. Besides, the Old Testament is a historical record. It has never been proven wrong in anything it says. There have been 17,000 archaeological discoveries concerning Scripture. Do you know how many of them contradicted Scripture? Not a single one.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Grugore
The OT is a propagandist fictional history created during the Babylonian captivity. There is absolutely no archaeological evidence of 4 million people living for forty years in a very small desert, the exodus is a lie. That is all that's needed to disregard the rest of the book.
Grugore
Grugore
-->
@disgusted
Actually, it was only 2.4 milion. And it wasn't a desert. It was called a wilderness.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Grugore
Besides, the Old Testament is a historical record. It has never been proven wrong in anything it says.
So, telling the truth is not an option?

Grugore
Grugore
-->
@Goldtop
???
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Grugore
And there is absolutely no evidence it ever happened. Your extrapolated numbers are no more correct than mine and completely meaningless.
Grugore
Grugore
-->
@disgusted
No evidence? Sure there is. Or we wouldn't be discussing this. It's in the Old Testament...which has never been proven wrong in anything it says. It doesn't really matter what you believe. God is real, and you are going to hell unless you repent and ask God to forgive you. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Grugore
I see the term extra biblical is bamboozling you. Never mind, a child afraid of hell needs to learn a lot.
From the OT.
1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?
  • God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
  • Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)
Just proved it wrong, that was easy.
Grugore
Grugore
-->
@disgusted
Once again, you display your ignorance for all to see. Here is why you are wrong. You could have taken a minute to look this up and save yourself some embarrassment.

Grugore
Grugore
-->
@Stephen
You said "I do accept there are contradictions between Matthew and Luke concerning the genealogies."
If you're referring to the genealogy of Christ, there is no conflict. I can't believe that one is still floating around, like a bad fart.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Grugore
How pathetic.
Is this a contradiction? Not at all. In 2 Samuel 24:1,
Most certainly.
God incited David to number Israel
God incited David
deleted for lack of relevance.

He moved to let David count the fighting men of Israel.
Once again god incited David.
He used Satan to do it
Provide chapter and verse that supports this fiction.
which is why in 1 Chronicles 21:1, it says Satan moved David to count the men. Both are true.
They can't both be true.
God most probably either sent Satan or allowed Satan to incite David.
"MOST PROBABLY" Provide chapter and verse that supports this fiction.
Grugore
Grugore
-->
@disgusted
I have to wonder why you are debating this. You don't believe in God. It's like someone debating what Santa had for breakfast.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Grugore
Scares the shit outa ya, your OT is proved wrong and I can provide 1000 more proofs of it being wrong and you can't support your  claim of inerrancy at all. I'm not talking about your pretend friend I'm discussing your book of lies.
Grugore
Grugore
-->
@disgusted
I'm not scared. I know that when I die I'll be with my Lord and Savior...Jesus Christ. You can argue until you're blue in the face. It will change nothing. Your words will not prevent one single person from accepting Christ. It is an exercise in futility. You will die alone, and you will spend eternity alone in solitary torment.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Grugore
I know that when I die I'll be with my Lord and Savior...Jesus Christ.
And I bet Jesus is really looking forward to spending eternity with you, too.

Grugore
Grugore
-->
@keithprosser
Yes. He is.
eventuality001
eventuality001

You are right, this is an enormous amount of gold.

First, I thought that just a simple explanation about the facts surrounding Solomon and the area where He lived would be supporting evidence.
I thought that also explaining a little more history about the historical factors surrounding the time before and after Solomon would help one to understand. -     -  But now, I honestly do not understand why You feel that just because this event is not mentioned by neighboring civilizations that it is somehow impossible to be a reality. 

This was a yearly gathering of gold and if Solomon took at least around   2,000 pounds of gold per month for an entire year, this would work.  I thought about something that You may not have thought about.  It could be that this total could also be applied to the entire land of Israel.  it could be the entire total of gold intake in business that he  ( The King and His government )  generated each year for the entire nation of Israel/

The entire country and also surrounding kingdoms were under His authority and He makes law and runs the operation from His throne and government.  Would You think that the entire nation of Israel and nearby surrounding nations under HIs control could indeed generate this much gold between them all with Solomon and His governing body running the business and making deals, trades, and transactions from HIs
throne  ?

Does this not seem like this is the very case.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@eventuality001
So you can find no extra biblical mention of this Solomon and his great empire, it is propaganda, pure and simple.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@disgusted
Book of WISDOM ?.....what price for Wisdom....none.....

Only Parasite Vampires seek the tangible....?????????? Where...does wisdom reside....= solution

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
The Bible seems to become significantly less interesting when viewed in the light of interpreting it as literal and historical truth rather than literary metaphor such as was clearly the intent of the various authors of the Old Testament.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
I found this very interesting page on Wikipedia.

No Solomon or David!

I believe that consensus is that Solomon existed but his importance and that ofhis empire is greatly exaggerated rather than being  completely fictitious.  

Let me expand on the propaganda angle.   The bible writers wanted to maintain the exiled jews in Babylon as a people.  The bible was intended to bolster the morale and strenthen the national/ethic pride of the exiles, and that end overode mere historical truth. 

The golden age of David and Solomon represented a peak of hebrew prestige, which was not particuarly grand in reality but was exaggerated in the scibeal recension of history into a great and wealthy empire, awash with gold and its YHWHist rulers honoured over the world.  All the exiles had to do (the priestly scribes told them) was to keep faith with YHWH (via his priests, naturally) and it will be like that again.